PDA

View Full Version : Tempe Development Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117

muertecaza
Jun 5, 2018, 5:05 PM
DRC packet for "Tempe Crossroads," proposed at Terrace/Orange:

https://www.tempe.gov/Home/ShowDocument?id=64680

Also DRC packet for a 90-unit complex proposed at Broadway/Country Club Way:

https://www.tempe.gov/Home/ShowDocument?id=64638

Tempe Crossroads looks fine to me. Similar to all the other low/mid-rise buildings going up around town, but I'd say better than some. It looks similar to Vertex and should fit in well with Vertex and Sterling.

Broadway complex, even with low expectations for the area, is kind of disappointing. There was some chatter in City Council about looking to expand the urban core a little while back, and someone identified Broadway as a potential corridor for more urban-ish design. Even if this complex just fronted the street instead of being setback behind parking I'd be OK with it. And of course the packet is full of concerned neighbors threatening to vote out the city council if they approve this 4 story behemoth that's soooo out of character with the beautiful neighborhood off Broadway.

azsunsurfer
Jun 5, 2018, 6:30 PM

https://www.tempe.gov/Home/ShowDocument?id=64652

Also DRC packet for a 90-unit complex proposed at Broadway/Country Club Way:

Tempe Crossroads looks fine to me. Similar to all the other low/mid-rise buildings going up around town, but I'd say better than some. It looks similar to Vertex and should fit in well with Vertex and Sterling.

Broadway complex, even with low expectations for the area, is kind of disappointing. There was some chatter in City Council about looking to expand the urban core a little while back, and someone identified Broadway as a potential corridor for more urban-ish design. Even if this complex just fronted the street instead of being setback behind parking I'd be OK with it. And of course the packet is full of concerned neighbors threatening to vote out the city council if they approve this 4 story behemoth that's soooo out of character with the beautiful neighborhood off Broadway.

I think that Broadway project is a perfect use of space for that site. I don't think the neighbors are too irate and I think it still has a good chance at passing. We should organize as well! "What do we want? Density! When do we want it? Now!!"

CrestedSaguaro
Jun 5, 2018, 6:56 PM
I think that Broadway project is a perfect use of space for that site. I don't think the neighbors are too irate and I think it still has a good chance at passing. We should organize as well! "What do we want? Density! When do we want it? Now!!"

No kidding. Residents have killed many great developments in Tempe and Phoenix. Maybe it's time for urbanists to start pushing back.

muertecaza
Jun 6, 2018, 6:43 PM
Some additional information about first Novus buildings and other ASU-related projects in latest ABOR agenda:

https://public.azregents.edu/Shared%20Documents/2018-06-Board-Meeting-Materials.pdf

1. ASU is planning to lease 80,000 sq. ft. in the proposed mid-rise office building ("777 Tower"). I would think this would all but ensure this gets built.

ASU's lease of 80,000 square feet of space within the Novus 1 Building will allow ASU to consolidate local leases, accommodate new academic and administrative space needs and provide swing space for interim uses while buildings are being remodeled, modified or developed. These uses include the University Real Estate office currently at Hayden Ferry Lakeside, Herberger Institute of Design and the Arts programs currently located in Tempe Center, and University Technology Office personnel currently housed in the University Services Building.

The lease term will be for a period of ten (10) years, commencing on the completion of the Novus 1 Building, which is anticipated to be on or about March 30, 2020, with four five-year renewal options.

The first-year rental rate will be $35.75 per rentable square foot for a first-year total annual lease amount of $2,860,000 and shall increase annually by two and one quarter percent (2.25%)...

2. ASU is adding a proposed large parking garage, which will serve a total of 3 planned mid-rise office buildings in the area, ito its capital improvement plan. A bunch of nuggets below.

The proposed project is for new construction of an approximately 400,000 gross square-foot, multi-level parking structure on the northwest corner of University Drive and Rural Road in Tempe...

...Phase 3 of Novus includes three mid-rise, Class A office buildings that will enable the university to connect world-class research with commerce and practical business applications to fuel economic growth. The development also will include urban residences, hotel rooms and retail shops and restaurants. The entire area will connect to Sun Devil Stadium, Wells Fargo Arena and the planned multi-purpose arena through a pedestrian promenade along Sixth Street.

This ASU-owned parking structure will provide parking capacity for ASU visitors and the new Interdisciplinary Science and Technology Building (ISTB) 7, as well as support the events associated with Wells Fargo Arena, the new multi-purpose arena and the Sun Devil Stadium 365 Community Union. The structure will connect to ISTB 7 through a future sky bridge.

The proposed structure also will provide parking capacity for tenants of the three mid-rise office buildings, the restaurants and retail located in each of the office buildings, and the hotel planned for the northeast corner of Veterans Way and Sixth
Street.

This multi-level parking structure will be designed to accommodate approximately 1,250 parking spaces, with an option to expand capacity in the future, as needed...

Project construction is scheduled to start in January 2019 and completion is estimated for November 2019. This schedule is planned to coordinate with the completion of the first office building in Phase 3 of the Novus Innovation Corridor. This building will include approximately 154,000 gross square feet of office space and 8,300 gross square feet of retail and restaurant space that will utilize this parking structure.

https://i.imgur.com/xKfO4GVh.png

3. ASU and Tempe are going to complete a land swap that results in the ditch next to the Rural light rail stop being deeded to ASU to facilitate construction of ISTB-7.

The City and ASU determined it would be mutually beneficial for ASU to convey to the City certain rights-of-way located adjacent to ASU's property in Tempe, including a bus turn-out lane, to help mitigate the anticipated increased traffic flow from development surrounding ASU's Tempe campus.

To complement the development of Interdisciplinary Science and Technology Building 7, as approved in ASU's 2018 capital development plan, ASU seeks to acquire from the City approximately 1.49 acres of land described on Exhibit A ("Lot 1"), which is located immediately south of the property ASU owns at the southwest corner of University Drive and Rural Road.

In exchange for conveying Lot 1 to ASU, ASU will convey to the City certain rights-of way located adjacent to ASU's property in Tempe. The conveyance to the City of the rights-of-way will help mitigate the anticipated increased traffic flow in those areas and will enhance ASU's development of its projects located adjacent to the rights-of-way.

The specific locations of the rights-of-way will be determined cooperatively by the City's traffic department and ASU's real estate office.

https://snag.gy/GvIc2Th.jpg

CrestedSaguaro
Jun 8, 2018, 6:05 PM
I'm sorry. I'm a little behind keeping up with Tempe Developments. What are they building at the NE corner of Ash and Rio Salado at 220'?

Study (ASN): 2018-AWP-7135-OE
Prior Study:

Letters: Determination

Supplemental Form 7460-2: Please login to add a Supplemental Form 7460-2.

Received Date: 03/22/2018
Entered Date: 03/22/2018
Completion Date: 06/07/2018
Expiration Date: 12/07/2019
Map: View Map

Sponsor Information Sponsor's Representative Information

Sponsor: Hines
Attention Of: Brandon Dillingham
Address: 2375 E. Camelback Road
Address2: Suite 150
City: Phoenix
State: AZ
Postal Code: 85016
Phone: 602-385-4005
Fax:

Representative: Kimley-Horn
Attention Of: Curtis Brown
Address: 7740 N 16th Street
Address2:
City: Phoenix
Postal Code: 85020
Phone: 602-550-7457
Fax:

Construction Info Structure Summary

Notice Of: CONSTR
Duration: PERM (Months: 0 Days: 0)
Work Schedule: 12/01/2018 to 02/28/2019
Date Built:

Structure Type: Building
Structure Name: Penny Saver
FCC Number:

Structure Details Height and Elevation

Latitude (NAD 83): 33° 25' 50.52" N
Longitude (NAD 83): 111° 56' 34.80" W
Horizontal Datum: NAD 83
Survey Accuracy: 4D
Marking/Lighting: Red lights
Other Description:
Current Marking/Lighting: None
Current Marking/Lighting Other Description:
Name:
City: Tempe
Nearest County: Maricopa
Nearest Airport: PHX
Distance to Structure: 20965.27 feet
On Airport: No
Direction to Structure: 93.56�
Description of Location: NE Corner of Ash and Rio Salado Pkwy
Description of Proposal: 220 office building with parking Garage

Proposed

DNE

DET

Site Elevation:

Structure Height:

Total Height (AMSL):

dtnphx
Jun 8, 2018, 6:30 PM
The building name is: Penny Saver? WTF? :rolleyes:

muertecaza
Jun 8, 2018, 6:38 PM
I'm sorry. I'm a little behind keeping up with Tempe Developments. What are they building at the NE corner of Ash and Rio Salado at 220'?

Interesting. First concrete information I've seen about that. There is mention in an executive session agenda of the Tempe City Council of development on that corner.

http://documents.tempe.gov/sirepub/meetresults.aspx

220 ft. office would be awesome there.

muertecaza
Jun 8, 2018, 7:40 PM
The building name is: Penny Saver? WTF? :rolleyes:

Someone that goes back further than I do can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the Arizona Pennysaver, a free weekly newspaper/classifieds was based out of the building there for many years back to the 70s.

CrestedSaguaro
Jun 8, 2018, 7:43 PM
Someone that goes back further than I do can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the Arizona Pennysaver, a free weekly newspaper/classifieds was based out of the building there for many years back to the 70s.

I was just reading about that on a website trying to dig up information on this project. Looks like you are correct.

Edit: I can't find any concrete info on Arizona PennySaver. I've found references to it being located in Tempe sometime or another. I found a cached site referencing the address from the Executive session you pointed out above which is the location from the FAA evaluation. This is all I can really find pointing to this being at one time the location of Arizona PennySaver. Strange thing is, the cached site still says current as of 2014 (not shown in my screenshot below).

https://image.ibb.co/euSnDT/Penny_Saver.pngl

mdpx
Jun 8, 2018, 8:15 PM
I remember the Pennysaver, but I can't imagine a high rise with it's name a top. I don't think it exists anymore.

azsunsurfer
Jun 8, 2018, 11:03 PM
Also does anyone know what they are building on the dirt lot south of rio salado east of Priest near those existing two story office condos? Looks like they are doing some prep work?

ASUSunDevil
Jun 9, 2018, 12:42 AM
Also does anyone know what they are building on the dirt lot south of rio salado east of Priest near those existing two story office condos? Looks like they are doing some prep work?

First phase of the Tempe Biomedical Campus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ityLvvZV1LA

ASUSunDevil
Jun 9, 2018, 12:51 AM
The big wigs at ASU have essentially become real estate developers. Hope they're better at CRE than choosing new head coaches...

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/college/asu/2018/06/08/asu-ray-anderson-expects-multi-purpose-arena-completed-november-2020/686869002/

vandypandybear
Jun 9, 2018, 2:16 AM
The Greek Life project completely destroys the pedestrian streetscape that was beginning to develop along Terrace. Setbacks from the sidewalk, horrible architecture, probably will be covered up by gravel and desert-landscaped "nature Bandaid." A wasted opportunity, cheap, ugly, with no thought given to the broader street concept. Does anyone know if they included street-level retail, or did they just create a block-sized gap in the urban fabric?

For anyone worrying about the Greek life project being a dead spot on Rural, they just installed 2 exterior speakers for each ground level unit. Roadside beer bongs and ice luges to follow!

muertecaza
Jun 9, 2018, 2:50 AM
For anyone worrying about the Greek life project being a dead spot on Rural, they just installed 2 exterior speakers for each ground level unit. Roadside beer bongs and ice luges to follow!

Lmao. Now that's what I call vibrancy!

jvbahn
Jun 9, 2018, 7:05 AM

So relieved. :cheers: Long live the Pennysaver!

Obadno
Jun 9, 2018, 7:17 PM

Yeah I was going to say that even with shit design the frats will have activities going on, those drama queens can’t go more than 2 days without starting some nonsense.

Trust me, I was one

LocoPhoenician
Jun 9, 2018, 8:56 PM

I remember pennysaver in that building going back to the 80s.

vwwolfe
Jun 9, 2018, 9:07 PM
First phase of the Tempe Biomedical Campus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ityLvvZV1LA

The Biomedical Campus is being built North of Rio Salado. The lot in question is on the Southeast corner of Rio Salado and Priest. They've been doing some kind of work there lately.

azsunsurfer
Jun 10, 2018, 6:31 AM

No, no no! I know that...I am talking about the south side of Rio Salado....

azsunsurfer
Jun 10, 2018, 6:32 AM
The Biomedical Campus is being built North of Rio Salado. The lot in question is on the Southeast corner of Rio Salado and Priest. They've been doing some kind of work there lately.

Thanks VWWolfe, you read it correctly!

Mr.RE
Jun 10, 2018, 6:32 PM

https://www.tempe.gov/Home/ShowDocument?id=64652

Could you repost the link? This one says page not found.

muertecaza
Jun 10, 2018, 8:50 PM
Could you repost the link? This one says page not found.

Updated, link should work.

https://www.tempe.gov/Home/ShowDocument?id=64680

Mr.RE
Jun 10, 2018, 9:20 PM
Thank you for that. One thing I wish that this project included was the College Town Apartments as well. That piece has barely any frontage to Terrace and will most likely sit there stuck between two mid rise apartments for a long time. A future developer could build like a 5 story frontage with a bridge that you drive under to get to a taller residential/clubhouse/parking area but thats unlikely. The best thing the existing owner could do a nice renovation and nice frontage landscaping in the meantime. (Wishful Thinking)

combusean
Jun 10, 2018, 10:12 PM
At 64 du/acre, College Town is fairly dense for what it is, although it doesn't look it. I'm actually OK with having this mix of vintage structures and newer builds, especially as it looks like College Town is not student housing per se with 12 month leases.

Depending on the alignment of fire lanes, etc, it's possible it could be redeveloped to fill out its lot, especially with tuck-under parking and/or a garage in back. The parking path in between College Town and Crossroads is actually an alley, leaving Crossroads lots of room.

I'm looking forward to University Pointe's redevelopment. The owner has been gobbling up an *enormous* assemblage over the years.

muertecaza
Jun 11, 2018, 2:32 AM
At 64 du/acre, College Town is fairly dense for what it is, although it doesn't look it. I'm actually OK with having this mix of vintage structures and newer builds, especially as it looks like College Town is not student housing per se with 12 month leases.

Depending on the alignment of fire lanes, etc, it's possible it could be redeveloped to fill out its lot, especially with tuck-under parking and/or a garage in back. The parking path in between College Town and Crossroads is actually an alley, leaving Crossroads lots of room.

I'm looking forward to University Pointe's redevelopment. The owner has been gobbling up an *enormous* assemblage over the years.

There was like a ~20ish story pre-recession proposal there, yeah? That does seem like the one in that area that is primed for redevelopment.

Classical in Phoenix
Jun 11, 2018, 4:18 PM
Arizona State expects multi-purpose arena to be completed by November 2020 #cawlidgehawkey https://t.co/lnfeWUFNST via @azcentral

Mr.RE
Jun 11, 2018, 4:18 PM
The Carvana Tower at Rural and the 202 is now open. Cars are loaded into the vending machine. I drove by it last night and it looks awesome! The future is here :tup:

muertecaza
Jun 11, 2018, 4:24 PM
Coverage of I.D.E.A. campus.

http://ktar.com/story/2100830/construction-underway-for-major-technology-campus-in-tempe/

PHOENIX — Construction has started in Tempe on a major tech space project called I.D.E.A., or Innovation, Discovery, Education and Arts.

City of Tempe Economic Development Program Manager Maria Laughner said the project covers 18 acres and more than 1 million square feet for biotech and technology companies that want to set up shop in Tempe...

The first phase of I.D.E.A. opens in early 2020.

exit2lef
Jun 11, 2018, 4:26 PM
The Carvana Tower at Rural and the 202 is now open. Cars are loaded into the vending machine. I drove by it last night and it looks awesome! The future is here :tup:

I honestly don't understand the vending machine concept. Carvana will already deliver any vehicle from its inventory to the buyer's home. Does having the customer pick up the car from a vending machine save enough on delivery costs to justify the construction costs? Does the promotional value of these vertical vending machines justify the added cost compared to just storing cars in a parking lot?

combusean
Jun 11, 2018, 4:57 PM
^ It's a gimmick and an eyesore. Cars stacked to the sky in what is essentially a giant billboard is the last thing an urbanizing neighborhood needs. Car sales should have long been zoned out of this area.

Ballister
Jun 11, 2018, 9:07 PM
^ It's a gimmick and an eyesore. Cars stacked to the sky in what is essentially a giant billboard is the last thing an urbanizing neighborhood needs. Car sales should have long been zoned out of this area.

Couldn't agree more. It's sophomoric to be handed a giant coin to put into a slot to get your very expensive "toy" that you'll be paying for 5 years or more. What I worry about is when the concept has worn out it's welcome, we're stuck with an empty high rise garage.

Obadno
Jun 11, 2018, 9:37 PM
Guys, its stuck up against a highway onramp sandwiched between a shitty hotel and across the street from a strip club and various chop shops and tow yards.

Its not like they built it in the middle of Mill ave.

CrestedSaguaro
Jun 11, 2018, 10:05 PM
People are going to buy cars. I see no difference as to if they buy them in a 10 story "vending machine" or a car lot. I would rather see a 10 story car machine than acres and acres of blacktop car lots any day of the week that take up prime real estate and contribute to the urban heat island.

EDIT: Sorry. I'm grouchy today :D

exit2lef
Jun 11, 2018, 10:06 PM
People are going to buy cars. I see no difference as to if they buy them in a 10 story "vending machine" or a car lot. I would rather see a 10 story car machine than acres and acres of blacktop car lots any day of the week.

I see your point. I just don't understand how it makes financial sense for Carvana.

CrestedSaguaro
Jun 11, 2018, 10:10 PM
I see your point. I just don't understand how it makes financial sense for Carvana.

I'm not sure how much they spent on it. Was there a disclosed cost? I don't follow car retailers. What does an average Joe car lot cost to build these days?

exit2lef
Jun 11, 2018, 10:14 PM
I'm not sure how much they spent on it. Was there a disclosed cost? I don't follow car retailers. What does an average Joe car lot cost to build these days?

I don't know any exact numbers, but a tower with an elevator must cost more than a surface parking lot. Maybe it would be different in Manhattan or any other dense urban core, but I don't think northern Tempe, despite all that is going on, has developed to that level yet.

CrestedSaguaro
Jun 11, 2018, 10:38 PM
I don't know any exact numbers, but a tower with an elevator must cost more than a surface parking lot. Maybe it would be different in Manhattan or any other dense urban core, but I don't think northern Tempe, despite all that is going on, has developed to that level yet.

I agree. But it is a relatively small spot as Obadno posted. I don't think much could have really went there anyway outside of a skinny tall residential tower or a shop of some kind. It is different. I'll give it that.

I don't know what the floor to ceiling height is. If worse comes to worse and they closed up shop, is there enough space to retrofit offices into it? It would make for some really creative office space.

Obadno
Jun 11, 2018, 10:47 PM
Its literally just an advertising gimmick, 99% of Carvana's cars get delivered directly to the buyer, they have several of these things in large metros, its essentially a big fancy billboard

Given the only other thing likely to go there was a fast food joint or gas station/ billboard I think its a way more interesting development

CrestedSaguaro
Jun 11, 2018, 11:32 PM
Its literally just an advertising gimmick, 99% of Carvana's cars get delivered directly to the buyer, they have several of these things in large metros, its essentially a big fancy billboard

Given the only other thing likely to go there was a fast food joint or gas station/ billboard I think its a way more interesting development

This is the tallest one they have though, correct?

ASUSunDevil
Jun 12, 2018, 12:10 AM

The backlash for this project is really undeserving IMO. The site was previously Crazy Fish Sushi (terrible unless you're 19 and want to drink sake bombs) and had an entrance so awkward that the city paid an outside firm to redesign it.

The site takes up less space than the outdated car lots that line Scottsdale Rd., which probably saved them $ on land = bigger budget for the building.

Carvana just raised the bar for future developments to the north :tup:

Mr.RE
Jun 12, 2018, 2:31 AM
Given its location and unique/innovative design, I can guarantee that there will be hundreds of people driving down the 202, see the tower, go check out carvana, see a car they like and make a purchase. Its a great way to advertise and the lighting at night is really cool. Seems very futuristic considering tons of large retailers are adding large vending machines outside stores for online purchases. Glass car towers will only become more and more popular.

Also once Watermark is complete, it will fit right in.

ciweiss
Jun 12, 2018, 3:10 AM
I will also add that alot of the old car lots on Scottsdale and McDowell are now multi family because the land/location is now worth more than a car dealership. Same will happen with N Tempe. So i believe the beauty of Carvana is they have a great Billboard for cars stuck on the 202 traffic and over time with less car lot compitition they will be the primo car dealership for N Tempe and ASU. Think of all those kids driving to ASU everyday and where they may buy a car.

mdpx
Jun 12, 2018, 4:27 PM
The last three posts are fawning over this like it's the Taj Mahal. I get you like the project, but game changer it is not. Seriously, what are you all smoking?

muertecaza
Jun 12, 2018, 4:55 PM

I rode by this this morning. Couldn't tell what exactly it is. The lot has some marketing signs up, but I haven't seen anything show up for design review etc. :shrug:

Obadno
Jun 12, 2018, 5:17 PM
I rode by this this morning. Couldn't tell what exactly it is. The lot has some marketing signs up, but I haven't seen anything show up for design review etc. :shrug:

For some reason I think I remember some general office/industrial space going there but I honestly cant remember, tried to search couldn't find anything.

ASUSunDevil
Jun 12, 2018, 5:53 PM
The last three posts are fawning over this like it's the Taj Mahal. I get you like the project, but game changer it is not. Seriously, what are you all smoking?

Seriously, what the hell do you know? Forgive us for being optimistic.

ciweiss
Jun 13, 2018, 9:55 PM
Some more views on Watermark

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/bizspace/spotlight/gallery/2576/436163?iana=ha_phx_bizspace

mdpx
Jun 13, 2018, 10:18 PM
Seriously, what the hell do you know? Forgive us for being optimistic.

I forgive..your questionable taste. :yuck:

muertecaza
Jun 13, 2018, 11:05 PM
Some more views on Watermark

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/bizspace/spotlight/gallery/2576/436163?iana=ha_phx_bizspace

The Watermark apartments are going full bore, but there is still no real movement on the office building despite the crane sitting there. I'm still doubtful that they'll actually build it on spec. Hopefully they'll be able to find a tenant.

azsunsurfer
Jun 14, 2018, 1:55 PM
The Watermark apartments are going full bore, but there is still no real movement on the office building despite the crane sitting there. I'm still doubtful that they'll actually build it on spec. Hopefully they'll be able to find a tenant.

They started building the garage behind it. They couldn't stop construction on the tower if they weren't building the parking...they are going full spec...why do you think there are so many ads..I mean articles on its construction!

Obadno
Jun 14, 2018, 3:30 PM
Yeah I posted an article like 2 weeks ago about the increase in spec construction, vacancy is down (especially in Tempe) and demand is high

muertecaza
Jun 14, 2018, 4:39 PM
They started building the garage behind it. They couldn't stop construction on the tower if they weren't building the parking...they are going full spec...why do you think there are so many ads..I mean articles on its construction!

Nice--I didn't notice the work on the garage. My thought process was that the articles claiming they would build spec were just advertising, getting the project in the public eye, and that they'd still wait for a tenant, but maybe that's too cynical. Glad to know it's going, I'm excited for something that's not 5-6 story apartments on the north side of the lake.

On another note, the ASU Surplus lot is fenced off and equipment is on site, looks like they're gearing up for the Broadstone apartments there.

dtnphx
Jun 14, 2018, 11:34 PM

The Watermark office portion is officially now under construction. I verified that with two of my commercial RE buddies. :tup:

Mr.RE
Jun 16, 2018, 8:19 PM
New multifamily development on Broadway. 90 Units, 4 stories. Its getting a lot of pushback from neighbors due to the height of only 44 ft?? Its taking over a vacant lot on broadway and country club.

Also Millenium at Rio Salado passed DRC on the 12th. 260 units with retail/commercial frontage.

https://www.tempe.gov/Home/ShowDocument?id=64682

exit2lef
Jun 20, 2018, 2:34 PM
Some detail on the Carvana vending machine we discussed a while back:

"The public can’t buy a car from the car-vending machine, it’s simply a fulfillment center, advertisement for the fast-growing company and a way to offer customers a unique experience when picking up their new car, said Ryan Keeton, Carvana co-founder and chief brand officer."

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/news/2018/06/20/exclusive-first-look-into-carvanas-largest-car.html

It still doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but I can only hope that Carvana has done some rigorous financial analysis to determine the construction costs pay off in terms of marketing value.

Obadno
Jun 20, 2018, 4:30 PM

"The public can’t buy a car from the car-vending machine, it’s simply a fulfillment center, advertisement for the fast-growing company and a way to offer customers a unique experience when picking up their new car, said Ryan Keeton, Carvana co-founder and chief brand officer."

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/news/2018/06/20/exclusive-first-look-into-carvanas-largest-car.html

It still doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but I can only hope that Carvana has done some rigorous financial analysis to determine the construction costs pay off in terms of marketing value.

They have several already this is like their 4th or 5th one nationally

soled
Jun 20, 2018, 4:38 PM

This is confusing to me. My girlfriend's daughter works for Carvana(she really loves the company and atmosphere, btw) and told me last month you will be able to buy a car from that vending machine.

CrestedSaguaro
Jun 20, 2018, 5:20 PM
This is confusing to me. My girlfriend's daughter works for Carvana(she really loves the company and atmosphere, btw) and told me last month you will be able to buy a car from that vending machine.

From the looks of it, you buy it before-hand and then take your token to the vending machine and out comes the car you selected. Not sure exactly how this works and where they receive the token. I also would want to test drive it first. :shrug:

Ballister
Jun 21, 2018, 12:11 AM
The idea is as I understand it is. You find the car you want, you decide to buy it, do the paperwork and they clean it up and put it in the stupid dispenser and hand you a very large coin, then you go out there with your saleman and several other people who are "super excited for you" and they cheer and shit and then your car comes down and you drive it off happier then you've ever been. Or you can have it delivered to your home. Point is, the cars that have been sold or awaiting for someone to come get it are stored in the crappy auto tower.

soled
Jun 21, 2018, 1:48 AM
From the looks of it, you buy it before-hand and then take your token to the vending machine and out comes the car you selected. Not sure exactly how this works and where they receive the token. I also would want to test drive it first. :shrug:

Yeah, that's pretty much it. They either bring you the token, or they'll deliver the car to you if you prefer that route.

asugrad
Jun 21, 2018, 2:32 PM

Supposedly you get a 2 weeks to drive it as a test drive period and if you don't like it, then you return it and get a different one. Once you approve of the car you picked, they then they do a hard credit pull and go through the finalized transaction. I guess it works because my cousin works for the company and says it works pretty well.

I feel like those cars are baking in that giant greenhouse haha...I wonder how hot it gets in there.

CrestedSaguaro
Jun 21, 2018, 3:29 PM
Supposedly you get a 2 weeks to drive it as a test drive period and if you don't like it, then you return it and get a different one. Once you approve of the car you picked, they then they do a hard credit pull and go through the finalized transaction. I guess it works because my cousin works for the company and says it works pretty well.

I feel like those cars are baking in that giant greenhouse haha...I wonder how hot it gets in there.

So, are these private cars that Carvana sells as a broker? Or are these cars that Carvana has purchased and then sells them? Seems risky for a 2 week test drive period. Who knows what someone will have put that car though before returning it. Heck, I will put a car through the wringer just on a 30 minute test drive! :haha:

Edit: According to Carvana's website, it is a 7 day test period.

Obadno
Jun 21, 2018, 6:18 PM
I never really understood how carvana makes money because they seem to be like a cars.com but with more services on their end than most car websites.

ciweiss
Jun 22, 2018, 3:58 AM
Not Tempe but close enough

https://azbigmedia.com/construction-will-begin-on-5th-skysong-building/

Real Estate / Commercial Real Estate / Construction / Construction will begin on 5th SkySong building

Construction will begin on 5th SkySong building

REAL ESTATE | 9 hours ago | AZRE
The fifth Class A office building will rise at SkySong, The ASU Scottsdale Innovation Center in the coming months. With the other four SkySong office buildings at high occupancy, the SkySong development team will begin work on SkySong 5, with a groundbreaking ceremony to take place on July 9. The building will be six stories — the tallest on property yet — and will include a number of features that are new to the project.

With the newest building, the total SkySong project will reach about 868,457 square feet of commercial building.

The design of SkySong 5 includes extensive outdoor work and meeting spaces as well as public art features, and continues the trend at the property of each new building having unique and distinctive features, including a large second-story outdoor patio and event space. The cost of the building and the accompanying parking structure that will be built will exceed $43 million.

Located on the northwest corner of the iconic SkySong shade structure, SkySong 5 will be taller than the other commercial office buildings on the campus and slightly larger, at 151,318 square feet. Like the other buildings, it will be constructed to meet LEED certification standards for green building practices.

In 2008, SkySong 1 and 2 opened and reached capacity in only a few years despite the economic downturn. SkySong 3 opened in early 2015, and SkySong 4 opened in the fall of 2016.

More than 2,000 employees at more than 60 companies now work in the SkySong buildings for a mix of innovative companies.

“SkySong 5 will house a new wave of exciting and innovative companies that are increasingly being drawn to Scottsdale’s skilled workforce and quality of life,” said Sharon Harper, President & CEO of Plaza Companies, the master developer of the project. “The SkySong campus has added another point of attraction: an outstanding and supportive business environment that gets better with every new company that moves in and every new employee that walks the campus.”

“We are very pleased to see the continued growth and progress of SkySong,” said Don Couvillion, vice president of real estate at University Realty. “The construction of this new office building — the third in five years at SkySong — is a key step forward in continuing to make the vision of the project a reality.”

The rise of another SkySong building cements Scottsdale’s place as a destination for innovative companies and also as one of the best cities to launch a startup, outside of Silicon Valley and New York. The city boasts over 13,000 companies founded since 2010 that had at least $5 million in annual revenue.

“SkySong is an integral part of Scottsdale’s emergence as an economic and technology hub in the southwest,” said Scottsdale Mayor Jim Lane. “We are excited to see this project continue to grow and thrive, and to maximize its economic impact on our community while helping to revitalize the McDowell Road Corridor.”

Butler Design Group is the architect for SkySong 5, and DPR is the general contractor for the building.

For more information on the groundbreaking or on SkySong, The ASU Scottsdale Innovation in general, contact Tom Evans at 602.448.5483 or tom@evanscommunications.com.

SkySong is a 42-acre mixed use development designed to:

• Create an ecology of collaboration and innovation among high-profile technology enterprises and related researchers;

• Advance global business objectives of on-site enterprises;

• Raise Arizona’s profile as a global center of innovation through co-location of ASU’s strategic global partners; and

• Create a unique regional economic and social asset.

Companies located at SkySong enjoy a special relationship with Arizona State University, which has more than 90,000 students studying across four metropolitan Phoenix campuses, in Lake Havasu and online. ASU is one of the largest public universities in the nation, with the majority of its students attending its campus in Tempe, Arizona, less than three miles from SkySong.

In addition to locating its own innovative research units at the center, through ASU’s on-site operations, tenant companies have a single point of contact for introductions to researchers, faculty and programs to address their specific needs.

For more information on SkySong, visit www.skysong.com or www.facebook.com/skysongcenter.

Hide Buttons

ciweiss
Jun 22, 2018, 4:03 AM
Anyone else think S. Scottsdale N Tempe is up and coming in the long term? With all the developement going on next to the 101 in Scottsdale and 202 in Tempe. Seems this area is prime for long term growth

Obadno
Jun 22, 2018, 4:34 PM
Anyone else think S. Scottsdale N Tempe is up and coming in the long term? With all the developement going on next to the 101 in Scottsdale and 202 in Tempe. Seems this area is prime for long term growth

Its had a lot of apartment and office development but it hasn't really had a lot of tear-downs or remodels of the housing there. I would actually buy in that area but I didn't like what the houses had to offer.

muertecaza
Jun 25, 2018, 9:26 PM
The Local is topped out. Their website states 2019 as the opening target, which seems doable. Excited for this one and Union to open. Hopefully get a lot more feet on the ground in the area. And while I'm usually not personally swayed by over the top apartment amenities or "luxury" rentals in general, the "Barcade" idea on their website actually looks pretty cool.

https://virtualtour.marketapts.com/themes/demo/virtual/The%20Local/app-files/index.html#

muertecaza
Jun 25, 2018, 11:56 PM
I wish I knew what was going on with The Pier. The past week or so it looks like they're doing a little work on the beginnings of the elevator core. But if there's anyone working there, it's only like a couple of people. And Tempe's records have shown the application for the building permit as pending for like a year now. Confusing.

vandypandybear
Jun 28, 2018, 1:36 PM
Its had a lot of apartment and office development but it hasn't really had a lot of tear-downs or remodels of the housing there. I would actually buy in that area but I didn't like what the houses had to offer.

The "litely renovated" houses have pushed the basis up too much to see more radical remodels. People aren't going to pay $300k+ to knock a house down. It puts the cost for the land closer to $1.2-$2m/acre, on par with prime PV lots. Most of the lots in those areas are less than 1/4 acre.

phoenixwillrise
Jul 6, 2018, 9:45 PM
The "litely renovated" houses have pushed the basis up too much to see more radical remodels. People aren't going to pay $300k+ to knock a house down. It puts the cost for the land closer to $1.2-$2m/acre, on par with prime PV lots. Most of the lots in those areas are less than 1/4 acre.

Anyone else having trouble with the Tempe Construction Camera, looks like it is stuck on a night shot several weeks ago.

CrestedSaguaro
Jul 6, 2018, 9:47 PM
Anyone else having trouble with the Tempe Construction Camera, looks like it is stuck on a night shot several weeks ago.

Yea, it's been down for a few weeks now. I'm not sure if it's an issue or if it was permanently taken down. That was an awesome view. They should always have it up!

RichTempe
Jul 7, 2018, 12:45 AM
Yea, it's been down for a few weeks now. I'm not sure if it's an issue or if it was permanently taken down. That was an awesome view. They should always have it up!

I would think that with the upcoming construction of the hotel portion of the Union project they would leave the camera up. However, I've had the same frozen picture from mid- June.

muertecaza
Jul 9, 2018, 8:53 PM
Tower crane base is in at Mirabella:

https://i.imgur.com/tAKIC74h.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/crItSwgh.jpg

michael85225
Jul 9, 2018, 11:04 PM
Good stuff! This is going to be a skyline changer for Tempe.

ciweiss
Jul 10, 2018, 2:46 AM
They are starting to renovate the old head shop at 5th near mill. If that ends up to be 1 big bar/restaurant it will be huge.
Im curious if it will be indoor and outdoor. And how they will integrate the building overhang.

ASUSunDevil
Jul 10, 2018, 3:02 AM
They are starting to renovate the old head shop at 5th near mill. If that ends up to be 1 big bar/restaurant it will be huge.

It's being built by Temac who also did the Tempe Public Market, Casa, Shady Park and a bunch of other good projects in Tempe.

Thanks for the pics muertecaza! Mirabella is going to be huge/awesome.

The Pier is strange. There's still a few guys working every time I drive by. Tenants can expect a Spring 2050 move-in date at their current pace.

Lastly, someone said that the Biomedical Campus wouldn't happen for awhile due to remediation. I was over there a few days ago, the lot closest to the Tempe Arts Center is already excavated. They are moving fast :tup:

azsunsurfer
Jul 10, 2018, 2:13 PM
It's being built by Temac who also did the Tempe Public Market, Casa, Shady Park and a bunch of other good projects in Tempe.

Thanks for the pics muertecaza! Mirabella is going to be huge/awesome.

The Pier is strange. There's still a few guys working every time I drive by. Tenants can expect a Spring 2050 move-in date at their current pace.

Lastly, someone said that the Biomedical Campus wouldn't happen for awhile due to remediation. I was over there a few days ago, the lot closest to the Tempe Arts Center is already excavated. They are moving fast :tup:

5th and Mill is suppose to be a "food hall" but I have a feeling it will become your run of the mill (har, har) Tempe bar/ restaurant combo of the week...

The first phase of the Biomedical Campus (I.D.E.A.) was presented in a study session a few months back to the City...now the Development Review Commission will actually review the first phase at the next meeting this month. I assume this will win approval and speed on to City Council for approval. The first phase is the parking garage/ support space for TCA/ retail within the garage including what looks like a second floor restaurant?/ the first office building (8 stories from what I remember) and I think a plaza. Also the streets and street furniture are suppose to be installed and pads prepped for future phases. Since it's going to be built over the existing surface lot for the TCA I wonder what their planning to do for parking in the meantime.

azsunsurfer
Jul 10, 2018, 3:12 PM
Edit- First Phase is 6 stories, not 8

Mr.RE
Jul 10, 2018, 7:23 PM
One Hundred Mill Ave just got an extension to apply for a building permit for one year as they handle the historic preservation issue with Hayden House. So dont plan on anything happening on that corner anytime soon...:shrug:

ciweiss
Jul 10, 2018, 9:00 PM
One Hundred Mill Ave just got an extension to apply for a building permit for one year as they handle the historic preservation issue with Hayden House. So dont plan on anything happening on that corner anytime soon...:shrug:

But in a way isnt that good news being the developer still wants to do it. It would be nice to get the inside scoop on this one. I hope it still happens as i love the project design/size. It would be nice to fill that corner as its such a dead zone.

muertecaza
Jul 11, 2018, 1:10 AM
There is a fence and signage up for "River at Eastline Village" at NEC of River/Apache. Haven't found any renderings through a brief bit of Google-fu, but the information I saw sounds like it's 50+ units of subsidized housing. I don't remember this proposal being part of the entitlements of the main part of Eastline Village on the south side of Apache, so unclear whether they would have to go through a process before construction would start.

azsunsurfer
Jul 11, 2018, 2:38 AM
There is a fence and signage up for "River at Eastline Village" at NEC of River/Apache. Haven't found any renderings through a brief bit of Google-fu, but the information I saw sounds like it's 50+ units of subsidized housing. I don't remember this proposal being part of the entitlements of the main part of Eastline Village on the south side of Apache, so unclear whether they would have to go through a process before construction would start.

I do remember that I think this is on Tempe owned property and they had wanted to have affordable housing built on it. What's strange is I am with you that I would think the proposal would have to go thru the standard process unless it was one of those weird closed door session meetings?

muertecaza
Jul 11, 2018, 3:06 AM
Found a rendering:

https://i.imgur.com/nwwGv2bh.png

I like the idea of subsidized housing (if you're going to do it at all) and/or housing not marketed as "luxury" along the rail line, as I would hope those would be the people that are going to be likely to use the train. The surface lot isn't great, but it seems to be arranged such that it could eventually be developed with sufficient demand. Mostly would be happy to see the vacant lots continue to bite the dust.

azsunsurfer
Jul 11, 2018, 4:13 PM
No wonder why they are moving so fast on this! Great to see the market (Tempe/ EV) in particular is remaining so strong! I wonder how the Grand is doing with their leasing.

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/news/2018/07/11/tempe-lands-first-tenant-for-i-d-e-a-development.html

Tempe has landed its first tenant for a planned technology development, and it's a longtime employer that already has hundreds of jobs in the city.

Becton, Dickinson and Co. will move its Peripheral Intervention business into space in the 185,000-square-foot building which will start construction later this summer. BD is expected to move into the building in 2020.

information about lease terms and potential incentives for the deal were not available immediately.

The deal was three years in the making, said David Cano, vice president of human resources for BD, in a statement.

"The cooperation we received from the city of Tempe, the ability to attract and retain a diverse, talented and qualified workforce in this area, confirmed our decision to stay in the area and expand our workforce," he said.

Franklin Lakes, New Jersey-based BD (NYSE: BDX) develops medical technology, devices and systems. It has 65,000 workers globally and currently has 550 in Tempe.

The company plans to hire another 50 employees as it gears up to open operations at I.D.E.A. Tempe, officials said. There would be more hires later, but the company did not offer a number or a timeline for those jobs.

The project, at 700 W. Rio Salado Parkway on the south side of Tempe Town Lake, is a planned 18-acre, 1 million-square-foot facility with multiple buildings. It's acronym stands for innovation, discover, education and arts. Salt Lake City-based Boyer Co. is the project developer.

“BD is helping us realize the concept of I.D.E.A. Tempe," said Tempe Mayor Mark Mitchell in a statement. "Our hope for the campus was to bring new jobs and new discoveries to our city. BD will do both."

Tempe has become the prime landing spot for many companies, from technology to financial services. The 2 million-square-foot Marina Heights is home to State Farm. Closer is Hayden Ferry Lakeside, which includes LifeLock, Silicon Valley Bank, Amazon.com and others.

The city also is one of the hardest to find office space with a 9.4 percent overall vacancy rate at the end of the first quarter, according to commercial real estate firm Lee & Associates. The Valley's vacancy rate was 18.1 percent at the time.

ciweiss
Jul 12, 2018, 12:15 AM
^^^^

Theres a video here

https://azbigmedia.com/medical-tech-company-will-anchor-i-d-e-a-tempe-campus/

One of the largest medical technology companies in the world will be the first tenant for the new I.D.E.A. Tempe campus. The Peripheral Intervention business of BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) will be the first tenant in a new building at the Tempe Town Lake development. It will open in late 2019.

Watch a video about I.D.E.A. Tempe.

I.D.E.A. Tempe is a phased development that is focused on bringing new technology companies to Tempe. The 18-acre, 1 million-square-foot project includes five commercial office buildings and hotel, restaurant and retail space and two parking structures. I.D.E.A. stands for Innovation, Discovery, Education and Arts. The campus is located adjacent to Tempe Center for the Arts near Tempe Town Lake, 700 W. Rio Salado Parkway, Tempe. www.tempe.gov/IDEAtempe.

BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world with more than 65,000 employees. The company works to advance the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. The Peripheral Intervention business develops, manufactures and distributes medical technology and devices that provide clinical benefits to patients suffering from diseases that affect the vascular system. On July 9, the Peripheral Intervention business announced the acquisition of TVA Medical to advance its leadership in solutions for chronic kidney disease. BD has a presence in virtually every country and partners with organizations around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.

“BD is helping us realize the concept of I.D.E.A. Tempe. Our hope for the campus was to bring new jobs and new discoveries to our city. BD will do both. We thank them for expanding their business in Tempe and for being the inaugural business to locate in our IDEA Tempe campus,” Tempe Mayor Mark Mitchell said.

In addition to serving the needs of physicians and patients in the US, approximately 40 percent of BD’s Peripheral Intervention products benefit patients in countries outside the US. As such, physicians, sales personnel and engineers from around the globe will visit Tempe to understand the medical technologies and products that BD Peripheral Intervention has and to specifically train sales personnel and physicians on their products and the benefits of their medical devices. The BD Peripheral Intervention business continues to add associates at the new facility. Tempe will gain additional business visitors when BD opens its new building and expands its research and technology and training capabilities.

“The new campus concept and the vision that Mayor Mitchell and the City of Tempe had in developing a location focused on attracting companies that are industry leaders will continue to bring innovative solutions to patients and customers globally,” Steve Williamson, Worldwide President of Peripheral Intervention at BD, said. “BD is the first company to partner with the City of Tempe and the Boyer Company on this project. This shows the power of collaboration when local officials and businesses can come together to improve the business climate for the City of Tempe, the surrounding area of Phoenix and the State of Arizona.”

The Peripheral Intervention business at BD will move to the new 185,000 sq. ft., 6-story building at IDEA Tempe, by January 2020. Groundbreaking is expected to begin later this summer.

“We have been in discussions with The City of Tempe for more than three years to assess the viability of being part of the I.D.E.A. Tempe campus. The cooperation we received from the City of Tempe, the ability to attract and retain a diverse, talented and qualified workforce in this area, confirmed our decision to stay in the area and expand our workforce. We look forward to strengthening our partnership with the City of Tempe and being part of this new campus that provides opportunities to develop innovative and leading-edge products that impact the health care system and patients around the world,” said David Cano, VP, Human Resources of Peripheral Intervention at BD.

Currently, BD employs 550 people in Tempe, and the company currently has an additional 50 positions they are recruiting for, with expectations to hire even more before the new building opens. The jobs within this business are highly skilled, many of them involve marketing, R&D and quality engineering, clinical, regulatory or medical expertise and experience with highly regulated medical products. To find out more about BD’s job opportunities, candidates can visit www.bdcareers.com to learn more about BD and view all positions available in Arizona.

“We are excited to welcome BD to the I.D.E.A. Tempe development, they are the perfect tenant to kick off this exciting project. Getting to this point has been a team effort. We are so appreciative of the support of the City of Tempe, the BD real estate team and our brokerage partners. Additionally, the efforts of our design and construction team of SmithGroupJJR and Okland Construction have been invaluable. We look forward to the successful completion of the BD Tempe building in late 2019,” said developer Matt Jensen of The Boyer Company.

“Having a world-class company like BD anchor I.D.E.A. Tempe is a great start toward building this campus,” Tempe Economic Development Director Donna Kennedy said. “We are pleased to partner with BD, The Boyer Company and Transwestern.”

soled
Jul 12, 2018, 2:05 AM
^^^^

Theres a video here

https://azbigmedia.com/medical-tech-company-will-anchor-i-d-e-a-tempe-campus/

Ha. I wonder if anyone here recognizes the guy on the skateboard in that video(45 seconds in)?

muertecaza
Jul 12, 2018, 5:48 AM
Ha. I wonder if anyone here recognizes the guy on the skateboard in that video(45 seconds in)?

Pretty sure that's Tempe City councilman Joel Navarro.

soled
Jul 12, 2018, 2:44 PM
Pretty sure that's Tempe City councilman Joel Navarro.

It is. Good eye.

TakeFive
Jul 13, 2018, 3:09 AM
On a lark and just for grins I offered downtown Tempe on a new SCF city discussion thread (Pg 3) for most walkable neighborhoods. (http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=234745) Tempe stands out among cities from London to Calgary to San Francisco IMO.... :D

Obadno
Jul 13, 2018, 2:45 PM
On a lark and just for grins I offered downtown Tempe on a new SCF city discussion thread (Pg 3) for most walkable neighborhoods. (http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=234745) Tempe stands out among cities from London to Calgary to San Francisco IMO.... :D

Why not include actual pictures and street views of Tempe instead of renderings of Hayden Ferry from 15 years ago?

And Although Tempe has been the most walkable, I would argue that Downtown has surpassed it, its already denser but lacks a grocery store. There are some Fairly walkable neighborhoods along the central corridor as well but not extremely dense.

Phxguy
Jul 13, 2018, 8:31 PM
https://www.abc15.com/entertainment/events/sports-bar-and-western-themed-bar-opening-on-downtown-tempes-mill-avenue

A short update on the old Hooter's building. I was bummed when Gringo bar closed because it essentially left all above-ground floors empty but good to hear 2 bars will be replacing what is now vacant. Coming soon!

Obadno
Jul 13, 2018, 8:33 PM
https://www.abc15.com/entertainment/events/sports-bar-and-western-themed-bar-opening-on-downtown-tempes-mill-avenue

A short update on the old Hooter's building. I was bummed when Gringo bar closed because it essentially left all above-ground floors empty but good to hear 2 bars will be replacing what is now vacant. Coming soon!

Rarely go to mill these days I had no idea gringo closed

Spitfiredude
Jul 14, 2018, 4:06 AM
Rarely go to mill these days I had no idea gringo closed

Yeah. Rumor has it Illegal Pete’s is going in the old My Big Fat Greek Rest building.

ciweiss
Jul 14, 2018, 6:51 PM
Tower crane going up today for Mirabella

LocoPhoenician
Jul 15, 2018, 8:15 PM
Gadzooks is going into the old tumbleweeds building at University and Wilson.

ASUSunDevil
Jul 15, 2018, 10:09 PM
Gadzooks is going into the old tumbleweeds building at University and Wilson.

Residential RE values W of Mill just went up $5k.

muertecaza
Jul 16, 2018, 10:01 PM
Tower crane going up today for Mirabella

Yes indeed.

https://i.imgur.com/qJewmdih.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Fre3ldVh.jpg

There is another base around the center of the site so I think we can expect a 2nd crane at some point.

phoenixwillrise
Jul 16, 2018, 10:47 PM
Yes indeed.

https://i.imgur.com/qJewmdih.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Fre3ldVh.jpg

There is another base around the center of the site so I think we can expect a 2nd crane at some point.

Any of you have anyway of contacting OX Blue to let them know that their Tempe Camera showing the Union and many other sites is stuck on a night shot about a month ago?

CrestedSaguaro
Jul 16, 2018, 10:51 PM
Any of you have anyway of contacting OX Blue to let them know that their Tempe Camera showing the Union and many other sites is stuck on a night shot about a month ago?

This generally happens once the contract runs out with the construction firm that leased the camera. Hopefully, another contractor will use this same camera. That was an awesome view!