PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Retail Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81

MolsonExport
Apr 7, 2022, 3:16 PM
Which is dumb in and of itself because if there is one good thing about Canadian Tire, it's that they have almost everything.

People I know originally from other countries sometimes rave about Canadian Tire for this fact alone.

Their in-store service often sucks but their "buyers" division is top-notch for scouting out pretty much any imaginable product one might need.

Everyone goes to CT, but does anyone actually like CT?

Customer service is appalling in most hardware/reno-type stores (Lowe's is marginally better than Home Depot, which is marginally better than RONA, which is marginally better than CT). 400K SKUs, but seemingly zero service.

Did anyone like this guy?
https://alchetron.com/cdn/canadian-tire-guy-b46d7206-4014-4081-ab35-979b088124d-resize-750.gif

Acajack
Apr 7, 2022, 3:18 PM
Everyone goes to CT, but does anyone actually like CT?

https://alchetron.com/cdn/canadian-tire-guy-b46d7206-4014-4081-ab35-979b088124d-resize-750.gif

The guy in French was even worse (especially his voice) but I can't find videos of him for your viewing pleasure.

manny_santos
Apr 7, 2022, 4:49 PM
White Spot burgers are pretty good. I enjoyed them during my BC days. I noticed that BC was completely bereft of Harvey's. Every year, there seems to be fewer and fewer Harvey's locations.

In my opinion, Harvey’s has gone sharply downhill in the past 4-5 years. The last two times I went there - two different locations in different provinces - it was one of the worst burgers I’d ever had. In one location it was dried out and overcooked, at the other it was cold.

They seem to have chosen to pull out of BC instead of try to compete with A&W and Triple O’s, which are both far superior to Harvey’s these days.

I don’t think I’ll ever go to a Harvey’s again, even if I’m visiting Ontario.

WarrenC12
Apr 7, 2022, 4:55 PM
Their in-store service often sucks but their "buyers" division is top-notch for scouting out pretty much any imaginable product one might need.

The website is pretty accurate for item inventory and locations too. Combined with self checkout you don't need to interact with any of the organ banks that work there.

Airboy
Apr 7, 2022, 4:56 PM
Maybe its just me but when I go to CT, Lowes, HD I usually know what I am looking for. Its rare that I ask someone. its just getting something out of the locked cages that sometimes takes forever.

manny_santos
Apr 7, 2022, 4:58 PM
Yeah, it's a kind of sad when one of those places closes down and then residents in the area will have a hard time to get some items they need, like immediately today. Something we take for granted. You hope something can fill the void for some items.

Those tiny hardware stores you see in Manhattan in shows or movies I've only experienced once. When I visited my cousin on the Upper West Side and stayed for 12 days. She was next door to one of those shops and I got a key cut. Was narrow, a little dark and a little grungy. Not a pleasant shopping experience, but it had many of the essentials. Those small CTs look a lot more inviting.

I have to admit, I like stepping foot in any modern CT or HD. 99.99% of the stuff I don't need but it all looks so cool and is presented well. I could easily browse around aimlessly for 15 minutes. A place like HH or Rona will keep you focused because they are smaller and to the point.

Home Hardware seems to be the closest thing in some parts of Canada, but even then their stores are not always in convenient locations. I have a Home Hardware not too far from me in Burnaby, but it’s just as fast to drive to Canadian Tire on Marine Way.

The west side of London has had absolutely no hardware store since about 1995, not counting the big box stores that are almost impossible to get to via public transit. Byron used to have a Home Hardware when I was really young, in the same location the LCBO is in now. It later became a True Value, then it closed a couple years later. Westmount Mall had a Pro Hardware right behind A&P back then, but it closed in the mid-90s. I don’t ever remember Oakridge Mall having a hardware store, though Woolco sold some of that stuff.

The closest hardware store to Byron now is the new Home Hardware in Komoka. Which you cannot get to via public transit.

manny_santos
Apr 7, 2022, 5:03 PM
the new Canadian Tire commercials are touting it as Canada's Kitchen Store. I find the stores far too crowded, aisles cluttered with stacks of dollar store looking products, they sell sheets? towels? Anything that is As Seen On TV. overall its the last place I go to look for something. Plus their stuff seems to go on sale every other week, why not just offer lower prices year-round than 70% off a frying pan every other week

I bought a kitchen knife at CT a few months ago. It broke within days.

They do sell higher quality knives, but you gotta pay up.

MolsonExport
Apr 7, 2022, 5:18 PM
Canadian Tire does seem to have merged with Dollarama, given the excessive amount of cheapo junk they peddle, alongside the better quality stuff.

CT is the true category killer. It isn't a hardware store. It isn't an automotive store. It isn't a general merchandise store. It isn't a housewares store. It isn't a gardening centre. It isn't a sporting goods store. It isn't a dollar store. It is a mishmash of all of the above.

niwell
Apr 7, 2022, 5:23 PM
I do almost all my hardware shopping at Home Hardware - there are two within walking distance of me that are both well stocked and have knowledgeable staff. Both are urban format on traditional main streets.

We bought our patio set from CT because they are strangely cheap for that kind of stuff. But for larger scale hardware needs (wood, etc.) I'll generally go to Home Depot or Rona.

MolsonExport
Apr 7, 2022, 5:23 PM
Is Stedman's V&S still operating?
http://www.heritagemeaford.com/images/buildings/standard/HERITAGE-30.jpg

Acajack
Apr 7, 2022, 5:24 PM
Canadian Tire does seem to have merged with Dollarama, given the excessive amount of cheapo junk they peddle, alongside the better quality stuff.

CT is the true category killer. It isn't a hardware store. It isn't an automotive store. It isn't a general merchandise store. It isn't a housewares store. It isn't a gardening centre. It isn't a sporting goods store. It isn't a dollar store. It is a mishmash of all of the above.

Wait 'til they start selling food!

MolsonExport
Apr 7, 2022, 5:26 PM
Wait 'til they start selling food!

they do!

https://www.howhigh.ca/wp-content/uploads/01_Frank_h.jpg

manny_santos
Apr 7, 2022, 7:26 PM
they do!

https://www.howhigh.ca/wp-content/uploads/01_Frank_h.jpg

Back in 2012 they were testing selling frozen food. You could buy frozen pizza at CT.

p_xavier
Apr 7, 2022, 7:30 PM
In a nutshell: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GoxSm9iYxI

casper
Apr 7, 2022, 7:42 PM
In a nutshell: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GoxSm9iYxI

One more Canadian Tire video. I remember seeing these one two-three years ago when they released their new concept. Very tech focused. This is all good, but when the people don't understand the product your screwed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhKf0TDq5bM

kwoldtimer
Apr 7, 2022, 8:50 PM

You always pay up for “quality knives”.

Wigs
Apr 7, 2022, 10:22 PM
Back in 2012 they were testing selling frozen food. You could buy frozen pizza at CT.
That's really funny:haha:

The weirdest thing I ever bought from CT was about 20-22 years ago I bought a pair of Army Green cargo pants that you could zip off into shorts. I think they were marked down to $19.99
The sewed tag was Russian. I swear to god this was a "lot" of Russian Army surplus :haha:

Wigs
Apr 7, 2022, 10:24 PM

You can get Henckels at CT!

Don't get anything less than Cuisinart ;)

No!

SpongeG
Apr 8, 2022, 12:19 AM
how many brands does CT own? they bought Helly Hanson, Paderno, Woods, and Noma, what else do they own?

Hawrylyshyn
Apr 8, 2022, 12:24 AM
Can't lie, CT has some of the best sales I've seen. It's lower quality stuff no doubt, but you can get it INCREDIBLY cheap when the sale is right (especially tools).

MonctonRad
Apr 8, 2022, 12:40 AM
how many brands does CT own? they bought Helly Hanson, Paderno, Woods, and Noma, what else do they own?

Paderno is based in Charlottetown and has their manufacturing facility there.

Before they sold out to Canadian Tire, there was a chain of Paderno Factory Stores in the Maritimes and they were fantastic kitchen stores. Any fancy kitchen doodad that you could ever want was available there. It was my go to place to pick up stuff for the kitchen.

Sadly, the Paderno stores were all closed up after the sale to Canadian Tire. You can get all the Paderno cookware at Canadian Tire, but they don't have the wide selection of kitchen wares that you could get at the Paderno stores. :(

casper
Apr 8, 2022, 1:13 AM

It is a long list.....

Marks Work Wear World
Part Source
Party City (very dollar store like)
Sports Check
National Sports
Nevada Bobs Golf
Intersport
Some hockey stores (Hockey Export and a few others)

Very much into sports.

Loco101
Apr 8, 2022, 3:45 AM
Canadian Tire also owns the stores Sports Experts and Atmosphere.

MonctonRad
Apr 8, 2022, 11:54 AM
LL Bean has just confirmed a new store for CF Champlain Place in Dieppe (Moncton) NB.

Airboy
Apr 8, 2022, 2:29 PM
It is a long list.....

Marks Work Wear World
Part Source
Sports Check
National Sports
Nevada Bobs Golf
Intersport

Very much into sports.

Didn't know about Woods and Paderno. Liked my woods gear. The old Resolute jacket was my best extreme weather coat for years. Long before Canada Goose had a similar jacket. And a hell of a lot cheaper. Lasted about 15 years before I had to replace it. And it was still relatively good. just not as effective in extreme cold.

Marks is probably my most regular store. I have noticed that they are very well geared to a community. Some store are heavier on Office and Healthcare clothing where in other communities they are very much Trades focused.

And as much as we malign CT, Its one of the few places I can usually find what I need in a hurry.

SpongeG
Apr 9, 2022, 12:54 AM
It is a long list.....

Marks Work Wear World
Part Source
Sports Check
National Sports
Nevada Bobs Golf
Intersport

Very much into sports.

ah ok. quite the collection they have now.

Loco101
Apr 9, 2022, 4:33 PM
LL Bean has just confirmed a new store for CF Champlain Place in Dieppe (Moncton) NB.

I didn't realize that they have store locations in Canada until I saw one in January in Barrie ON. I'm surprised that they haven't moved into the Quebec market being a Maine-based company. I know there's the whole language stuff but even then, Quebecers tend to be bigger on outdoor gear and clothing than much of the rest of North America.

Acajack
Apr 9, 2022, 4:41 PM
I didn't realize that they have store locations in Canada until I saw one in January in Barrie ON. I'm surprised that they haven't moved into the Quebec market being a Maine-based company. I know there's the whole language stuff but even then, Quebecers tend to be bigger on outdoor gear and clothing than much of the rest of North America.

LL Bean and others like Columbia, Patagonia, North Face, etc. are popular here but a big chunk of the market is occupied by local brands: Louis Garneau, Chlorophylle, Orage, Kanuk, Lachasse, Lolë, etc.

Loco101
Apr 9, 2022, 5:03 PM
LL Bean and others like Columbia, Patagonia, North Face, etc. are popular here but a big chunk of the market is occupied by local brands: Louis Garneau, Chlorophylle, Orage, Kanuk, Lachasse, Lolë, etc.

Oh yes, definitely lots of Quebec-based brands. I still use my 20 year old Louis Garneau showshoes. Chlorophylle has a store in Rouyn-Noranda but I find it to be too expensive.

But you'd think that LL Bean would at the very least open stores in the Montreal and Quebec regions. But then again, their Canadian website is only in English which is surprising. Often retailers don't properly study foreign markets and potential ones well. While Maine may border Quebec, I bet most of its population and business people don't know much about Quebec. Vermonters tend to know Quebec much better from my observations and travel but it's not easy to take a business across an international border in any case.

I remember seeing a number of Quebecers wearing LL Bean clothing during my last trip. But it's obvious that many of them are able to order in English on a website.

Acajack
Apr 9, 2022, 5:12 PM
Oh yes, definitely lots of Quebec-based brands. I still use my 20 year old Louis Garneau showshoes. Chlorophylle has a store in Rouyn-Noranda but I find it to be too expensive.

But you'd think that LL Bean would at the very least open stores in the Montreal and Quebec regions. But then again, their Canadian website is only in English which is surprising. Often retailers don't properly study foreign markets and potential ones well. While Maine may border Quebec, I bet most of its population and business people don't know much about Quebec. Vermonters tend to know Quebec much better from my observations and travel but it's not easy to take a business across an international border in any case.

I remember seeing a number of Quebecers wearing LL Bean clothing during my last trip. But it's obvious that many of them are able to order in English on a website.

One of two LL Bean megalocations is in North Conway NH, and it's popular with Québécois who go to that area for ski or hiking trips. People from Gatineau even go there.

I think they also have a decent store in Burlington VT which is a lot closer to Montreal.

Other than that the closest location to Montreal is in Ottawa.

Acajack
Apr 11, 2022, 9:10 PM
SSP Canada will hate this but Shoppers Drug Mart is Canada's most popular retail brand!

https://twitter.com/leger360/status/1512110452934729749

(Jean Coutu, also a pharmacy chain, is number one in Quebec.)

WhipperSnapper
Apr 11, 2022, 9:21 PM
This isn't popularity contest.

A large medication dispensary better be on top.

MonctonRad
Apr 20, 2022, 1:27 PM
I guess Moncton should prepare for traffic chaos on Mountain Road in about 6-8 months (based on recent experiences in Halifax).

Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen is under construction on Mountain Road next to Arby's (there's a one two punch for you)........... :haha: :eek: :haha:

casper
Apr 20, 2022, 1:50 PM
I guess Moncton should prepare for traffic chaos on Mountain Road in about 6-8 months (based on recent experiences in Halifax).

Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen is under construction on Mountain Road next to Arby's (there's a one two punch for you)........... :haha: :eek: :haha:

Second store to take pressure off the Halifax location. At a 2 1/2 hour drive, it may be faster going to Moncton than staying in line at the Halifax location.

That is all assuming the obsession with Popeyes is regional and isolated to Halifax. If Moncton is also obsessed with Louisiana flavors then all they are also in trouble.

As a side note is there any relationship between Acadian cuisine and Louisiana cuisine.

MonctonRad
Apr 20, 2022, 2:07 PM
As a side note is there any relationship between Acadian cuisine and Louisiana cuisine.

A little, but traditionally Acadians did not have the easy access to spices that the Cajuns did, so the fair of the northern cousins is notably a lot more bland. :)

MolsonExport
Apr 20, 2022, 2:26 PM
SSP Canada will hate this but Shoppers Drug Mart is Canada's most popular retail brand!

https://twitter.com/leger360/status/1512110452934729749

(Jean Coutu, also a pharmacy chain, is number one in Quebec.)

Shoppers Dog Fart? Ugliest signage in Canada, save for Jean-Coutu (where you will find it all; even a friend!!).

https://i.imgflip.com/26s658.jpg

Shoppers Dog Fart is incredibly overpriced. You can find the same shit at Walmart for half the price. I also hate the obligatory detour through the cosmetics department.Galen Weston (Mr. Bread collusion) lining his pockets.

https://torontoist.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/GalenWestonJr.jpg

I can't stand this guy. He brings out visceral feelings of intense dislike, similar to those evoked by Ben Mulroney and Michael Buble. (and back in the day, Alan Thicke).

Acajack
Apr 20, 2022, 2:33 PM
I also hate the obligatory detour through the cosmetics department.

It seems like every pharmacy chain does that now.

As you enter, you go through the cosmetics department where a pretty young female employee greets you with a warm "bonjour" and smile (when she didn't have to wear a mask).

esquire
Apr 20, 2022, 2:41 PM
OK, time to play catch-up with this thread :)

wow, that's half as many as the entire lower mainland, IF you include C'wack.
The smallest cities in Western Canada that have a Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen is Lloydminster or Prince Albert, Sask. not sure which is smaller.

There is a Popeye's in Portage la Prairie, MB population 13,300, but I'm sure there's probably someplace smaller with one... it usually doesn't take long for fast food chains to start looking for growth in smaller towns.

I admit I rather like Cora's. Great place for a lot of varied breakfast stuff that doesn't make you feel (too) terrible. Downside is the price, but we don't do it often.

I went to Cora's in downtown Victoria last month. First time to that chain in many years and I remembered why. All the ambiance and charm of a hospital cafeteria, while paying $20 for a plate of fucking bacon and eggs to arrive at your table a half hour after you ordered it. It's horrendous. I would not go back.

I...what?

It's fucking Popeye's. Mass produced industrial food, this location which shall be around for years. It's not some limited-time thing.

Modern day consumer culture is both fascinating and morbidly depressing.

There seems to be a subset of the population that gets genuinely excited over the prospect of lining up for new fast food restaurants. It happened in Winnipeg in recent years when Popeyes and Jolibee opened. People lined up for hours. I don't get it at all since you could come back in a month and not have to wait in line, but whatever floats your boat, I guess.

Maybe because its the only restaurant chain you know in BC, because White Spot food is pretty mediocre and the overall dining experience pretty bad when you factor in the price, crappy service, and poor upkeep of most of the restaurants.

During my trip to BC last month I ate at White Spot twice (once in Nanaimo, once on West Broadway in Vancouver). My family loved it, the food was great and the locations we ate at were very nice, they looked more like upscale steakhouses than family restaurants. Very pleasant. The food is not the cheapest for what it is, but those burgers are just fantastic.

For years the only Harvy's in Saskatoon was inside a Home Depot. Years later I think one opened up on the university campus. They are rare site in the west.

There is something that just does not fell right about their burgers. I just cant pin it down.

Agreed re: Harvey's burgers. It's just off.

Harvey's and Swiss Chalet keep constantly appearing and disappearing in Winnipeg on a 15 year cycle. Every so often they pop up again, struggle, close down and then a few years later it starts over. The last Harvey's and Swiss Chalets on the most recent cycle closed early in the pandemic... I'm sure in a few years they will try yet again... for a while there was a period where the only Harvey's in town were in Home Depot as well, which was weird. I have never had the inclination to eat while at Home Depot.

Acajack
Apr 20, 2022, 2:52 PM
A little, but traditionally Acadians did not have the easy access to spices that the Cajuns did, so the fair of the northern cousins is notably a lot more bland. :)

As someone who has spent time in Louisiana and was born of two Acadian parents with family scattered across the Maritimes (and exposed to different Acadian dishes) there is virtually nothing in common between traditional Acadian and Cajun cuisine.

Cajun cuisine is now somewhat popular in Acadian regions of the Maritimes, either through the Louisiana dishes themselves or Cajun-style flourishes added to Acadian stuff.

But this is a fairly recent thing as relations between them and us have been somewhat rekindled in the past couple of decades.

WhipperSnapper
Apr 20, 2022, 3:15 PM
It seems like every pharmacy chain does that now.

As you enter, you go through the cosmetics department where a pretty young female employee greets you with a warm "bonjour" and smile (when she didn't have to wear a mask).

Hasn't the cosmetic department always been on the main floor in front of the main entrance with well dressed pretty people?

Acajack
Apr 20, 2022, 3:17 PM
Hasn't the cosmetic department always been on the main floor in front of the main entrance with well dressed pretty people?

You may indeed be right.

I just may not have noticed until recently.

WhipperSnapper
Apr 20, 2022, 3:21 PM
As someone who has spent time in Louisiana and was born of two Acadian parents with family scattered across the Maritimes (and exposed to different Acadian dishes) there is virtually nothing in common between traditional Acadian and Cajun cuisine.

Cajun cuisine is now somewhat popular in Acadian regions of the Maritimes, either through the Louisiana dishes themselves or Cajun-style flourishes added to Acadian stuff.

But this is a fairly recent thing as relations between them and us have been somewhat rekindled in the past couple of decades.

First thoughts are deep fried for Cajun and oven baked like pot pies for Acadian

esquire
Apr 20, 2022, 3:22 PM

I remember reading an article in a US newspaper or magazine quite a while back talking about how Canadian drug stores were a model for American chains like CVS/Walgreens to follow in that regard. Apparently they liked the idea of having high-markup cosmetics and fragrances occupying a prime location in the store and they've moved to that model as well.

I don't recall it always being that way, I think it was sometime in the 90s that Shoppers Drug Mart really started to push that stuff with their store-in-store format.

Acajack
Apr 20, 2022, 4:01 PM
First thoughts are deep fried for Cajun and oven baked like pot pies for Acadian

The Louisiana terroir also offers way more spicy possibilities than Atlantic Canada does.

MolsonExport
Apr 20, 2022, 4:21 PM
The Louisiana terroir also offers way more spicy possibilities than Atlantic Canada does.

That and the mixing of the cultures: you have the creoles, African-Americans, etc., from which Cajuns adapted food practices.
New Orleans is a food oasis: cajun food, creole food, and (perhaps best of all) soul food. So good.

Acajack
Apr 20, 2022, 4:26 PM
That and the mixing of the cultures: you have the creoles, African-Americans, etc., from which Cajuns adapted food practices.
New Orleans is a food oasis: cajun food, creole food, and (perhaps best of all) soul food. So good.

All true. It's a fascinating place for the food, the music, etc.

MolsonExport
Apr 20, 2022, 4:29 PM
All true. It's a fascinating place for the food, the music, etc.

Indeed. I really enjoyed my trip to New Orleans and environs (which included forays up a few bayous to meet with Cajun descendants). I put on 10 pounds in a week.

Acajack
Apr 20, 2022, 4:50 PM
Indeed. I really enjoyed my trip to New Orleans and environs (which included forays up a few bayous to meet with Cajun descendants). I put on 10 pounds in a week.

This reminds me of how long overdue I am to go back there.

someone123
Apr 20, 2022, 5:33 PM
Second store to take pressure off the Halifax location. At a 2 1/2 hour drive, it may be faster going to Moncton than staying in line at the Halifax location.

I predict that the Popeyes thing will die down quickly once the portion of the population that is desperate to try it has a chance. The store in Bedford will be frequented mostly by suburbanites around there, not people driving in from 2 hours away or urbanites who have much better food options.

I think people generally massively overrate how much people coming in from outlying areas drive local businesses, particularly in Halifax. Maybe it's fading now but it seemed anytime something was discussed there people would talk as if it will be supported by folks coming in from Yarmouth or New Glasgow. But those places have a small population and you need to discount it heavily to account for travel time. The person living a 5 min drive away is orders of magnitude more likely to visit the fast food drive-in than somebody an hour or two away, and in the Maritimes there aren't orders of magnitude more people living outside of the Halifax metro area. It is not even 2x within a 2 hour drive.

esquire
Apr 20, 2022, 6:13 PM
Winnipeg went through the same thing with Popeyes, the first couple that opened a few years ago had huge lineups. I live near one that opened more recently and there has never been a lineup that I can ever recall. It never even looks all that busy.

manny_santos
Apr 20, 2022, 7:36 PM
Shoppers Dog Fart? Ugliest signage in Canada, save for Jean-Coutu (where you will find it all; even a friend!!).

https://i.imgflip.com/26s658.jpg

I also hate the obligatory detour through the cosmetics department.

I call that detour the Shoppers Drug Mart Loop. While most locations have that setup, the one closest to me does not - they have the grocery department up front and the cosmetics is off to the side. You have to go through the grocery area to get to the pharmacy counter or the Canada Post counter.

About the cosmetics department. A neighbour of mine back in London worked for Big V, which was a pharmacy chain in Southwestern Ontario that operated for many years and was bought by Shoppers Drug Mart in 1997 (long before Loblaws got their hands on it). Big V was a pharmacy first and foremost, but they also had substantial gift departments. The stores were independently run and had much local management control, and were responsive to the neighbourhoods they were located in. When Shoppers moved in, their central management wanted to control what the local stores were selling, without any regard to the needs of neighbourhoods. My neighbour had to push hard to keep the gift department, but they kept reducing it to make room for more and more cosmetics. This store was located in an area with a large senior population, and the gift department was popular with the regulars who shopped there, but cosmetics weren't what they were looking for. Eventually my neighbour retired and the gift department was eliminated entirely - and a year later, Pharma Plus opened a pharmacy next door, substantially expanding only a couple years later.

I've always resented the Shoppers Drug Mart Loop because of how it was used to force my neighbour out of the company after they bought Big V.

Also, I don't understand why they added the blue oval thingy behind the logo. It seems so pointless.

manny_santos
Apr 20, 2022, 7:41 PM
Harvey's and Swiss Chalet keep constantly appearing and disappearing in Winnipeg on a 15 year cycle. Every so often they pop up again, struggle, close down and then a few years later it starts over. The last Harvey's and Swiss Chalets on the most recent cycle closed early in the pandemic... I'm sure in a few years they will try yet again... for a while there was a period where the only Harvey's in town were in Home Depot as well, which was weird. I have never had the inclination to eat while at Home Depot.

Something I've noticed is how much Harvey's advertises on TV in BC, including on Sportsnet Pacific or CBC. Why are they wasting their money advertising in a province that doesn't have a single location? It's not like they can't split the feed, Sportsnet Pacific airs BC-specific ads all the time, and CBC has regional stations that also air local ads. (I work in advertising, and putting ads in a geographic market that isn't relevant is a big no-no. I do wonder if anyone at Harvey's realizes their commercials air in BC.)

This would be like White Spot advertising in Texas. Neither Harvey's or White Spot are national chains.

JHikka
Apr 20, 2022, 10:01 PM
The Popeyes near my place is always empty. Folks from Moncton are free to skip the 2.5 hour drive to Halifax and hop on a plane to Pearson instead if they're so inclined.

Like, I get the appeal, but I don't want to hear people lament about how 'American' Toronto is if people out east are lining up down the street for days on end for a subpar American fast food chain. All Canadians have this same attraction to something shiny and new.

SpongeG
Apr 21, 2022, 12:01 AM
There is a Popeye's that opened in at least 2019, about two weeks ago around dinner time, 6:30 pm there was a lineup outside the door and every time I have passed it has quite a lot of people inside, they are still very popular years later.

Mary Brown's is now extending further west into the lower mainland outside of Surrey and the Fraser Valley where they had locations for a few years and only this year have opened within the city of Vancouver, compared to the numerous Popeye's locations the
Mary Browns are never that busy. I don't mind them I would pick them over Popeye's.

Korean Fried Chicken places are opening up all over the place here, a number of former Sushi places, owned or run by Koreans have been switching to Korean Fried Chicken. Chicko Chicken seems to open a new location monthly. Plus there are a lot of independent ones popping up or adding the chicken to their existing menus.

Has Korean Fried Chicken caught on in other parts of Canada?

In Vancouver we Have Nene chicken, Pelicana, BB.Q. are all chains from Korea. Chicko Chicken is one that was started by Koreans who came here I think, and they claim to fly ingredients to Canada.

https://s3-media0.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/WLG3ZyqMfW31iDntOBjWUg/l.jpg
yelp

https://www.vmcdn.ca/f/files/glaciermedia/import/lmp-all/1621369-pelicana.jpg;w=960;h=640;bgcolor=000000
burnabynow

https://s3-media0.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/pY6kBSSqCnilp_IPkdLF-w/l.jpg
yelp

https://s3-media0.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/wzJexOoXDDoMhxBISprcJg/o.jpg
yelp

JHikka
Apr 21, 2022, 12:09 AM
Has Korean Fried Chicken caught on in other parts of Canada?

I was under the impression that Korean fried chicken peaked in Toronto/Ottawa like five-seven years ago. I recall places like The Fry expanding in both years and years ago. Last year's hot commodity in Koreatown was Korean corn dogs, with a number of places being lined up out the door. Chungchun was the main location in Toronto's Koreatown but they have them all over.

casper
Apr 21, 2022, 2:10 PM
I was under the impression that Korean fried chicken peaked in Toronto/Ottawa like five-seven years ago. I recall places like The Fry expanding in both years and years ago. Last year's hot commodity in Koreatown was Korean corn dogs, with a number of places being lined up out the door. Chungchun was the main location in Toronto's Koreatown but they have them all over.

Korean BBQ should be more popular. The ones with gas lines under all the tables are not as enjoyable as the ones where it is more authentic hot coals. There are very few of these around. I can't think of one I have been to in Canada that was not natural gas.

MonctonRad
Apr 21, 2022, 5:58 PM
LL Bean has just announced opening of five new stores in Canada in 2022.

The new stores will be in Edmonton, Niagara Falls, Kitchener, Kingston and Moncton.

Denscity
Apr 21, 2022, 6:44 PM
Something I've noticed is how much Harvey's advertises on TV in BC, including on Sportsnet Pacific or CBC. Why are they wasting their money advertising in a province that doesn't have a single location? It's not like they can't split the feed, Sportsnet Pacific airs BC-specific ads all the time, and CBC has regional stations that also air local ads. (I work in advertising, and putting ads in a geographic market that isn't relevant is a big no-no. I do wonder if anyone at Harvey's realizes their commercials air in BC.)

This would be like White Spot advertising in Texas. Neither Harvey's or White Spot are national chains.

Sportsnet also thinks BC wants nonstop Leafs and Blue Jay's games. They're completely unconscious of what we want and just feed us nonstop Toronto content.

manny_santos
Apr 21, 2022, 9:35 PM
Sportsnet also thinks BC wants nonstop Leafs and Blue Jay's games. They're completely unconscious of what we want and just feed us nonstop Toronto content.

The Blue Jays I can understand, as they're Canada's only MLB team and they have a fan base across Canada, but the Leafs are definitely a bizarre one for regularly airing nationally.

casper
Apr 21, 2022, 10:01 PM
The Blue Jays I can understand, as they're Canada's only MLB team and they have a fan base across Canada, but the Leafs are definitely a bizarre one for regularly airing nationally.

There are some Leafs fans in BC. They are a rare, patient and forgiving bunch. Some would also call them dreamers. They try to keep a low profile around all these Canucks fans. But a very small minority.

Denscity
Apr 21, 2022, 10:05 PM
There are some Leafs fans in BC. They are a rare, patient and forgiving bunch. Some would also call them dreamers. They try to keep a low profile around all these Canucks fans. But a very small minority.

A lot of the Leafs and Jay's fans in BC are from Ontario.
There of thousands of them who moved from Ontario and kept their Toronto jerseys and fandom.

casper
Apr 24, 2022, 2:05 AM
A lot of the Leafs and Jay's fans in BC are from Ontario.
There of thousands of them who moved from Ontario and kept their Toronto jerseys and fandom.

Yes, we should show compaction to them. Accept they will forever be disappointed. It may not be rational, but these decisions are sometimes routed in deep historical tradition.

This is the same thing as Maxwell House or Folgers. There are certain cities in the US that historically lean one way or the other. It is a deep rooted attachment in people tend to be loyal to the dominate one in the household they grew up if after moving way. Even 20 years later the dominate brand in a someone kitchen was the dominate brand from where they came from.

As an aside that has now all changed with the advent of good quality coffee being available in the market.

WhipperSnapper
Apr 24, 2022, 2:12 PM
It would likely be different if the Canucks had won the cup since its inception in 1970. Making the finals every 10 years (unlike the Leafs) just isn't the same as winning

casper
Apr 25, 2022, 3:37 PM
It would likely be different if the Canucks had won the cup since its inception in 1970. Making the finals every 10 years (unlike the Leafs) just isn't the same as winning

True.

whatnext
Apr 26, 2022, 7:36 PM

This might be why you're seeing so much Harvey's advertising in BC:

Harvey’s QSR Restaurant Chain Looks to Add 200 Locations in Canada in National Rollout
By Mario Toneguzzi
April 25, 2022

Since 1959, Harvey’s has been a staple of the Canadian quick service restaurant industry and even through the pandemic the iconic national brand has continued to grow its footprint across the country.

David Colebrook, President of Harvey’s, said the food establishment opened about 10 new locations in the past two years and has about 300 now in Canada with plans to grow to about 500 within the next few years.

“We’ve had great success in the last two years. Obviously as things were locked down we were still allowed to do takeout and drive-thru, primarily. So Harvey’s has fared very well and has been one of the fastest growing QSR burger chains in Canada over the last two years,” said Colebrook...

....Colebrook said the company’s target is to grow significantly in Canada from coast to coast.

The brand is not represented in BC but plans are to eventually grow into that market as well....

https://retail-insider.com/retail-insider/2022/04/harveys-qsr-restaurant-chain-looks-to-add-200-locations-in-canada-in-national-rollout/

Acajack
Apr 26, 2022, 7:42 PM

The Leafs and Habs had huge fanbases all across the country during the Original Six NHL era. Obviously much of this phenomenon has died out in the past 5 decades as the NHL has added more teams in Canada. But there are still remnants of that fan base that exist across Canada, passed down in families from generation to generation.

Plus as has been said, Torontonians and Ontarians move around the country and they make up the most populated city and province so there are simply more of them.

Many of them bring their allegiances with them when they relocate.

Denscity
Apr 26, 2022, 7:44 PM
The Leafs and Habs had huge fanbases all across the country during the Original Six NHL era. Obviously much of this phenomenon has died out in the past 5 decades as the NHL has added more teams in Canada. But there are still remnants of that fan base that exist across Canada, passed down in families from generation to generation.

Plus as has been said, Torontonians and Ontarians move around the country and they make up the most populated city and province so there are simply more of them.

Many of them bring their allegiances with them when they relocate.

Watching TV in this country you just can't get away from them.

WhipperSnapper
Apr 26, 2022, 8:20 PM
I have a buddy or two that were die hard fans of the home team only to move to a rival city and end up switching allegiance in less than a year. I guess there are enough Leaf/ Canadien fans around Canada that you wouldn't stand out as an outlier. What's the fun in being an outlier sports fan?

Acajack
Apr 26, 2022, 8:20 PM
Watching TV in this country you just can't get away from them.

Well you can here in Quebec.

Though the Habs-mania in the media here (not that I am complaining) makes TSN, Sportsnet, etc. look perfectly balanced in their coverage of NHL teams across Canada.

manny_santos
Apr 26, 2022, 10:36 PM
This might be why you're seeing so much Harvey's advertising in BC:

Harvey’s QSR Restaurant Chain Looks to Add 200 Locations in Canada in National Rollout
By Mario Toneguzzi
April 25, 2022

Since 1959, Harvey’s has been a staple of the Canadian quick service restaurant industry and even through the pandemic the iconic national brand has continued to grow its footprint across the country.

David Colebrook, President of Harvey’s, said the food establishment opened about 10 new locations in the past two years and has about 300 now in Canada with plans to grow to about 500 within the next few years.

“We’ve had great success in the last two years. Obviously as things were locked down we were still allowed to do takeout and drive-thru, primarily. So Harvey’s has fared very well and has been one of the fastest growing QSR burger chains in Canada over the last two years,” said Colebrook...

....Colebrook said the company’s target is to grow significantly in Canada from coast to coast.

The brand is not represented in BC but plans are to eventually grow into that market as well....

https://retail-insider.com/retail-insider/2022/04/harveys-qsr-restaurant-chain-looks-to-add-200-locations-in-canada-in-national-rollout/

They're really going to have to drastically improve their quality if they have any hope of succeeding in BC. A&W is a lot more dominant here than in Ontario, and Triple O's/White Spot needs no introduction. If they're still relying on cold, overcooked, and dried out burgers as part of their strategy, they won't be in BC for very long.

If they can bring back the Harvey's of the 90s and 2000s, then they'll have a hope.

WhipperSnapper
Apr 27, 2022, 12:14 AM
Harvey's also rank last for the grade of beef used in the 90s and 2000s among the chains. I wouldn't know now. I kinda lost contact with her seconds after ruining Harvey's for me.

casper
Apr 27, 2022, 1:22 AM
They're really going to have to drastically improve their quality if they have any hope of succeeding in BC. A&W is a lot more dominant here than in Ontario, and Triple O's/White Spot needs no introduction. If they're still relying on cold, overcooked, and dried out burgers as part of their strategy, they won't be in BC for very long.

If they can bring back the Harvey's of the 90s and 2000s, then they'll have a hope.

Most people in BC will go Harvey's once for the "experience" of burger toppings to order "subway" style. Then they will taste the burger and never go back.

Perhaps they should consider pop-up stores.

le calmar
Apr 27, 2022, 1:34 AM
Every Harvey’s I see has a few customers inside and/or in the drive-thru, but they’re never really that busy. Definitely the last option considered for most people, behind the other big burger chains. I just don’t understand why people would go there to get a subpar burger while there’s a lot of better options.

Djeffery
Apr 27, 2022, 1:49 AM

I don't really see the mystery. The east and west teams don't often play at the same time because of time zones. Toronto has always been the national option, ratings showed that for decades. Now there are choices on the nights that the networks are allowed to show games nationally because of the multi-channel universe. Most Canadian teams can be seen nationally on Saturday nights.

Djeffery
Apr 27, 2022, 1:52 AM
Every Harvey’s I see has a few customers inside and/or in the drive-thru, but they’re never really that busy. Definitely the last option considered for most people, behind the other big burger chains. I just don’t understand why people would go there to get a subpar burger while there’s a lot of better options.

The Harveys we go to is always busy, but that's because of the neighbourhood it's in. My daughter likes their veggie burgers, which is why we go there. I don't really like any fast food burgers and usually on the rare night we are going for fast food, it involves multiple stops, so I usually either get McDonalds or Wendys over Harveys. I used to love Harveys the most as a kid, too bad they went downhill, (or it was my memory that went downhill lol)

Loco101
Apr 27, 2022, 2:01 AM

There are way more A&W locations in Ontario compared to Harvey's. You are right about Harvey's needed to improve their quality in order to succeed.

Northwestern Ontario doesn't have a single Harvey's yet a number of smaller places have A&W. (Kenora, Dryden, Marathon, White River)

In the Northeast where I live there are Harvey's in the cities (one each in Timmins, North Bay, Sault Ste. Marie and Greater Sudbury has three) and the only towns that I can think that have them are Cochrane and Temiskaming Shores. But all of the cities have more than one A&W location and some towns have them. (Kapuskasing, Espanola, Sturgeon Falls, Blind River)

And my neighbouring Abitibi region in Quebec has A&Ws in the four main places (La Sarre, Rouyn-Noranda, Amos and Val-d'Or) but there is not one Harvey's to be found.

Loco101
Apr 27, 2022, 2:12 AM
Harvey's also rank last for the grade of beef used in the 90s and 2000s among the chains. I wouldn't know now. I kinda lost contact with her seconds after ruining Harvey's for me.

From what I've been told, the same company that makes the meat for Harvey's original burgers also makes these ones:

https://d2tia7vv3gtbtd.cloudfront.net/product_images/raw-tasty-burgers/60895fc72127f200189ba7c9/detail.jpg?c=1632849147

They both taste identical. I remember the former owner at our M&M location in Timmins actually telling me that they're pretty much the same thing and made at the same facility. I can't remember which company made them at the time and I'll have to find out which one does now. I think it used to be Schneiders (now part of Maple Leaf) and I'm pretty sure they still are making them for both Harvey's and M&M. For those who don't know, many of the M&M meat products are still made by Schneiders which is part of Maple Leaf Foods.

Harvey's Angus burgers are made with 100% beef and are much better than their original burgers. The beef for them is supplied by Beretta Farms located in King City ON but they also sources from farms between BC and Quebec.

Loco101
Apr 27, 2022, 2:30 AM
The Harveys we go to is always busy, but that's because of the neighbourhood it's in. My daughter likes their veggie burgers, which is why we go there. I don't really like any fast food burgers and usually on the rare night we are going for fast food, it involves multiple stops, so I usually either get McDonalds or Wendys over Harveys. I used to love Harveys the most as a kid, too bad they went downhill, (or it was my memory that went downhill lol)

Harvey's burger quality has actually improved from what I remember with the exception of their original burger meat which hasn't changed. Today that meat doesn't really stand a chance with the exception of those seeking a nostalgic flavour. The buns are much better and the toppings more interesting compared to what I remember 25 years ago.

Their sides are pretty bad. The fries have been changed at least 2-3 times and have gotten worse. Onion Rings are still the same. And you can still get "frings" lol. Their chicken sandwiches have improved a lot in my opinion. But overall, much improvement is needed.

Loco101
Apr 27, 2022, 2:33 AM

They aren't set up to serve the volume that you see at McD's. But even then, I agree that they aren't normally very busy. Barely anybody eats at the Timmins location. If there is a line inside it's usually contractors / mining workers in line along with the delivery app drivers.

Denscity
Apr 27, 2022, 5:25 AM
Well you can here in Quebec.

Though the Habs-mania in the media here (not that I am complaining) makes TSN, Sportsnet, etc. look perfectly balanced in their coverage of NHL teams across Canada.

Ah I'm jealous! It's all Toronto here.
Surely having the second largest English market in the country is enough to have our own Sports channel.

Denscity
Apr 27, 2022, 5:31 AM
I don't really see the mystery. The east and west teams don't often play at the same time because of time zones. Toronto has always been the national option, ratings showed that for decades. Now there are choices on the nights that the networks are allowed to show games nationally because of the multi-channel universe. Most Canadian teams can be seen nationally on Saturday nights.

The games yes but we get zero pre and post game coverage and are lucky to see our team in the highlights because the Toronto highlight guy is already in bed before our game is done.
They'll show a different Toronto team instead.

zahav
Apr 27, 2022, 5:57 AM
It's funny other people have the same memory of Harvey's from the 90s as me. I used to love when my dad would go on trips because he would always get me Harvey's from YVR lol. I haven't had it in years so couldn't comment on the taste now, but it was good as I remember it.

A&W is insanely fast growing, they open tons of new locations every year and are in so many small towns. But I prefer 90s Harveys to current A&W burgers, again not sure about a current comparison. A&W chicken and poutine and onion rings are really good though. Their focus on quality etc. was a gamble but seems to have paid off, people are paying it. And A&W is headquartered in North Van, so it's supporting local as much as eating at small chains or Earls/Cactus.

Airboy
Apr 27, 2022, 3:23 PM
It's funny other people have the same memory of Harvey's from the 90s as me. I used to love when my dad would go on trips because he would always get me Harvey's from YVR lol. I haven't had it in years so couldn't comment on the taste now, but it was good as I remember it.

A&W is insanely fast growing, they open tons of new locations every year and are in so many small towns. But I prefer 90s Harveys to current A&W burgers, again not sure about a current comparison. A&W chicken and poutine and onion rings are really good though. Their focus on quality etc. was a gamble but seems to have paid off, people are paying it. And A&W is headquartered in North Van, so it's supporting local as much as eating at small chains or Earls/Cactus.

A&W has to bring back the Whistle dog. I don't miss Harveys, It was the go to if nothing else was available. Small towns in Alberta seem to have A&Ws now displacing the Alberta Favorite Burger Baron. or they are becoming more prevalent. A lot of Alberta towns will have an A&W before a MacD. Tomorrow I have a 650 km trip. I'll pass 4 A&Ws 3 Burger Barons and 2 MacDs. but 6 subways.

One thing I have been seeing as well in larger regional centres of at lease 1000 pop. is Boston Pizzas showing up.

esquire
Apr 27, 2022, 3:45 PM
A&W has to bring back the Whistle dog. I don't miss Harveys, It was the go to if nothing else was available. Small towns in Alberta seem to have A&Ws now displacing the Alberta Favorite Burger Baron. or they are becoming more prevalent. A lot of Alberta towns will have an A&W before a MacD. Tomorrow I have a 650 km trip. I'll pass 4 A&Ws 3 Burger Barons and 2 MacDs. but 6 subways.

One thing I have been seeing as well in larger regional centres of at lease 1000 pop. is Boston Pizzas showing up.

It does seem that there is a certain small town, Sim City like, fast food hierarchy :haha:

On the prairies it goes more or less like this:

Basic Tier:
Subway (always the first)
Dairy Queen
A&W

Mid Level:
Tim Hortons
KFC
McDonald's

Elite Tier:
Popeye's
Wendy's
QDOBA

whatnext
Apr 27, 2022, 4:53 PM

Yeah, the last Harvey's I ever had was from YVR Domestic! :tup:

Airboy
Apr 27, 2022, 8:16 PM
It does seem that there is a certain small town, Sim City like, fast food hierarchy :haha:

Basic Tier:
Dairy Queen
A&W

Mid Level:
Tim Hortons
KFC
McDonald's

Elite Tier:
Popeye's
Wendy's
QDOBA

heading up 44, 2 and 88 tomorrow. Westlock, Slave Lake and High Level are the big towns. The centres of commerce. so we should see. I do see now if there is a FN owned service centre that KFC and or Dominos is part of it.

Denscity
Apr 27, 2022, 9:42 PM

Basic Tier:
Dairy Queen
A&W

Mid Level:
Tim Hortons
KFC
McDonald's

Elite Tier:
Popeye's
Wendy's
QDOBA

I think this works for the BC Interior as well. We have half of these missing KFC (used to have it) and missing all of elite. Never heard of QDOBA.

cslusarc
Apr 27, 2022, 11:05 PM
QDOBA, a Mexican fast casual chain, has 12 locations in Canada, including 5 in Winnipeg.

Djeffery
Apr 27, 2022, 11:22 PM
QDOBA, a Mexican fast casual chain, has 12 locations in Canada, including 5 in Winnipeg.

Wow only 12. We have 3 in London, and it sure seemed like there are more, but I also get them mixed up with Mucho Burrito. I don't go to either, but my wife says MB is better than QDOBA.

thewave46
Apr 27, 2022, 11:37 PM

Basic Tier:
Dairy Queen
A&W

Mid Level:
Tim Hortons
KFC
McDonald's

Elite Tier:
Popeye's
Wendy's
QDOBA

Tim's is always Basic level in Ontario, along with McD's. DQ is Mid-Level, along with Wendy's. Quesada is moving on up. Five Guys and Popeye's are Elite Tier.

Loco101
Apr 28, 2022, 12:15 AM
In Northern Ontario it's normally:

Subway
Tim Hortons
A&W
McDonald's
KFC

JHikka
Apr 28, 2022, 1:26 AM
The downtown Ikea is openinig here in Toronto in May, fwiw. Signage has gone up.

Wow only 12. We have 3 in London, and it sure seemed like there are more, but I also get them mixed up with Mucho Burrito. I don't go to either, but my wife says MB is better than QDOBA.

Will Shelby's ever expand out of London? I keep seeing the guy's tiktoks and it has interested me enough to want to get some.

Djeffery
Apr 28, 2022, 2:16 AM
The downtown Ikea is openinig here in Toronto in May, fwiw. Signage has gone up.

Will Shelby's ever expand out of London? I keep seeing the guy's tiktoks and it has interested me enough to want to get some.

I can't believe how fast they are growing here. There are 2 just in my corner of west London. Even through the pandemic, they were adding locations. I can't imagine they limit themselves to London, I can see them expanding to a wider area before too long.

casper
Apr 28, 2022, 2:46 AM

Basic Tier:
Dairy Queen
A&W

Mid Level:
Tim Hortons
KFC
McDonald's

Elite Tier:
Popeye's
Wendy's
QDOBA

Your missing one of the hallmarks of Western Canada road trips. The Husky/Esso restraint. There are others with other gas brands. That is where you to get you crappy coffee and and all day breakfast.

casper
Apr 28, 2022, 2:48 AM

Given we are on the topic of food. Any work if that downtown Ikea will have a cafeteria? We do have standards in Canada and Ikea without meat balls is not Ikea.

JHikka
Apr 28, 2022, 2:54 AM
Given we are on the topic of food. Any work if that downtown Ikea will have a cafeteria? We do have standards in Canada and Ikea without meat balls is not Ikea.

Good question.

The IKEA Toronto Downtown store is our first smaller format store that will include more than 2,000 IKEA products for purchase and immediate takeaway, while larger furniture items will be on display and available for home delivery. We will also offer a unique new food concept and an array of services to support a seamless shopping experience. We are excited to share more details about what to expect at the new store in the near future!
https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/stores/toronto-downtown/

I'm assuming it won't be a full cafeteria. That's fine - there's no shortage of food options at Yonge & Gerrard, as opposed to the food deserts that IKEA normally operates out of.

Acajack
Apr 28, 2022, 10:49 AM
Tim's is always Basic level in Ontario, along with McD's. DQ is Mid-Level, along with Wendy's. Quesada is moving on up. Five Guys and Popeye's are Elite Tier.

Quebec is somewhat different. The classics like McDonald's, Tim Hortons and Subway are all there, but many others mentioned are largely absent and should be replaced by Thai Express, Sushi Shop, and a number of other Québécois chains.

I've been surprised to see Thai Express at highway exits in small towns far away from major cities.

kwoldtimer
Apr 28, 2022, 1:20 PM
Your missing one of the hallmarks of Western Canada road trips. The Husky/Esso restraint. There are others with other gas brands. That is where you to get you crappy coffee and and all day breakfast.

Eat here and get gas?

esquire
Apr 28, 2022, 2:06 PM

Tim's hasn't been in Western Canada quite as long, there were some locations in Winnipeg going back to the 80s if not earlier, but they didn't really start expanding in a big way around here until maybe the late 90s. Even more recently than that in BC, IIRC. Some fairly big towns just got their first Tims in recent years.

As for Thai Express, they are a mall food court staple but I'm not sure I've ever seen a standalone location in Manitoba.

MonctonRad
Apr 28, 2022, 2:17 PM

Irving Big Stops here in the east. :)

To be honest, a Big Stop is a great place to eat if you are looking for large portions of traditional food, or an all day breakfast. I get a hankering about once a month, hopefully not frequently enough to kill me. :haha: