PDA

View Full Version : General Updates and News

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118

someone123
Mar 8, 2014, 5:39 PM
It's as if they took one of their stock store designs from a place like Bayers Lake and dropped it onto this lot without any consideration of the fact that it fronted on a street.

The planning rules for this area need to be fixed. This looks terrible. The Shoppers at Robie and Almon is the same.

counterfactual
Mar 8, 2014, 6:23 PM
It's as if they took one of their stock store designs from a place like Bayers Lake and dropped it onto this lot without any consideration of the fact that it fronted on a street.

Great point.

counterfactual
Mar 8, 2014, 6:25 PM
The planning rules for this area need to be fixed. This looks terrible. The Shoppers at Robie and Almon is the same.

Would there not have to be a DA?

Why is it we have epic battles for three storeys across town, and here, Rona is able to throw up a barn and we don't know about it until it's halfway done?

Dmajackson
Mar 8, 2014, 6:45 PM

Why is it we have epic battles for three storeys across town, and here, Rona is able to throw up a barn and we don't know about it until it's halfway done?

This is an as-of-right development. Most of the "lower" North-End (south of Hydrostone) was once a large industrial area with only a scattering of houses so most of the lands still have an industrial or commercial zoning both of which have lax height and massing rules. It's the same reason why the neighbourhood seems random with large residential projects going up next to self-storage and bus repair depots.

Speaking of the area I got photos of some more projects today. Below are St. Alban's Street, Agricola NSLC, and Willow Park addition respectively. :)

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7315/13014986634_224c62f450_z.jpg

-------------

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7379/13014592925_f429e3daa4_z.jpg

-------------

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2016/13014772423_98264a945d_z.jpg

-------------

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2223/13014749863_2d3e22355d_z.jpg

someone123
Mar 8, 2014, 7:56 PM

The planning rules in most of the city encourage this type of development. They are all about setting limits on height/density, minimum setbacks, lot coverage, parking requirements, etc. This was inherited from the 1950's-80's (when a lot of planners thought low density, car-oriented development was a workable ideal) and it's why Halifax gets the sort of buildings it does. Outside of downtown, ugly suburban boxes are still the path of least resistance.

I think this might be the #1 planning problem in Halifax at the moment, or it's at least tied with poor transit planning and poor transit/land use coordination.

someone123
Mar 8, 2014, 8:03 PM
Thanks for wandering around and taking pictures of all these little developments. I really like seeing these sorts of updates.

What type of siding is that on the St. Albans building? It looks like plastic-covered pressboard, and unfortunately it's gotten pretty popular on low-end buildings (there's another one at North and Agricola). The colour doesn't help either.

mcmcclassic
Mar 8, 2014, 8:53 PM
Haven't been there since it was Piercey's and that was such a poor store I never went back. I would head out to Bayers Lake for hardware.

It is still the same in there today... The only reasons to shop there are if you need basic building supplies and want expert advice (most of the guys there have been there 20+ years).

As far as the design of the new store is concerned, it is essentially a stock model of a small-format RONA location that they build everywhere. I don't think the bigwigs in Montreal consider things like making the building look good against the street...

Drybrain
Mar 8, 2014, 11:19 PM
Speaking of the area I got photos of some more projects today. Below are St. Alban's Street, Agricola NSLC, and Willow Park addition respectively. :)

[/IMG]

Is this done on the upper floors? What an abomination. Excuse the hyperbole, but it should be immediately demolished. Really, hugely embarrassing. Thank God most new developments are far, far better than this.

As far as the RONA, nice to have a building-supply store, but it seems like big-box retail should be demolished around here, not built, eh?

Keith P.
Mar 9, 2014, 12:45 AM
What type of siding is that on the St. Albans building? It looks like plastic-covered pressboard, and unfortunately it's gotten pretty popular on low-end buildings (there's another one at North and Agricola). The colour doesn't help either.

I don't know the technical details, but it looks even worse in person than in the pics. It looks unbelievably cheap. I first thought it was the same type of material used to clad the Spice condos on Barrington, which had its own problems, but now I'm not sure it is - the Spice material looks to me to be of better quality.

Drybrain
Mar 9, 2014, 1:35 AM
OH: The horrible St. Albans building is the new Centre for Islamic Development, which replaced a very dilapidated structure they basically had no choice but to demolish. Apparently they had a really hard time fundraising for it, and were worried about losing the facility altogether.

So I feel a little more forgiving of its absolute shit-itude, since it's not a for-profit developer, but a small religious centre.

On the other hand, it apparently cost $2.1 million, and I'm pretty sure I could put together something better with enough Lego. So.

fenwick16
Mar 9, 2014, 2:06 PM
-------------

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2016/13014772423_98264a945d_z.jpg

-------------

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2223/13014749863_2d3e22355d_z.jpg

Are both of these pictures for the Willow Park addition? I am not too sure of the exact location. Is it associated with the new Willow Park armoury?

Dmajackson
Mar 9, 2014, 3:56 PM
Are both of these pictures for the Willow Park addition? I am not too sure of the exact location. Is it associated with the new Willow Park armoury?

Yes, the photos are of the same building. It's not the armoury but I am pretty sure it is just a vehicle storage facility. This is on the northern part of the block east of Windsor Street, the armoury should start construction this year on the southern half close to Windsor/Bayers/Young.

fenwick16
Mar 9, 2014, 4:53 PM
Yes, the photos are of the same building. It's not the armoury but I am pretty sure it is just a vehicle storage facility. This is on the northern part of the block east of Windsor Street, the armoury should start construction this year on the southern half close to Windsor/Bayers/Young.

Would it be in this area - http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=rf90kj9pyznx&lvl=18.27&dir=1.09&sty=b&where1=3402%20windsor%20street%2C%20halifax%2C%20ns&form=LMLTCC east of Windsor Street? I am just wondering if one of the old buildings was torn down and rebuilt or was it built on a vacant lot?

bluenoser
Mar 10, 2014, 4:13 PM
Not exactly development-related, though it could have an impact on how some Haligonians feel about development in general.

http://timbousquethalifax.wordpress.com/2014/03/10/im-leaving-the-coast/

eastcoastal
Mar 10, 2014, 4:40 PM
I can't understand why they didn't design a windowed wall along the Almon St side.

Agreed.

With Walmart recognizing the effect of natural light on sales and starting to require skylights, you know it's got to have decent payback. It's totally bizarre that they treated the sidewalk like this - not that I expect them to care about the street realm, but shouldn't the city have development rules that disallow this sort of disregard for the ingredients of a good city.

eastcoastal
Mar 10, 2014, 4:43 PM

I suspect it's some kind of fibre-cement board, CertainTeed and James Hardie make versions.

counterfactual
Mar 10, 2014, 11:34 PM
Agreed.

With Walmart recognizing the effect of natural light on sales and starting to require skylights, you know it's got to have decent payback. It's totally bizarre that they treated the sidewalk like this - not that I expect them to care about the street realm, but shouldn't the city have development rules that disallow this sort of disregard for the ingredients of a good city.

ha, ha, ha, ha. Yes, indeed we should! Instead, for most of downtown; most of everywhere, we have crappy development rules and zoning that encourage crappy suburban box development... EVERYWHERE!

And don't expect this Council to fix it anytime. It's too busy re-zoning land from "urban reserve" to exurb/suburban development for the Sprawl (ie Housing) Lobby.

q12
Mar 11, 2014, 12:32 AM
That's great news for Halifax that Tim Bousquet is leaving the coast this month.
Now if we can just deport him....

teddifax
Mar 11, 2014, 12:34 AM
Now, if they can get someone really qualified and truly objective to replace him - Mr. Jackson, please!

counterfactual
Mar 11, 2014, 12:36 AM
That's great news for Halifax that Tim Bousquet is leaving the coast this month.
Now if we can just deport him....

Uh. Without Tim Bousquet, and his dogged investigation into the corrupt estate deadlines of our former mayor, we would still have Peter Kelly.

Getting rid of Peter Kelley is worth FIVE keys to the city.

q12
Mar 11, 2014, 12:54 AM
Uh. Without Tim Bousquet, and his dogged investigation into the corrupt estate deadlines of our former mayor, we would still have Peter Kelly.

:facepalm:

pblaauw
Mar 11, 2014, 2:56 AM
Not exactly development-related, though it could have an impact on how some Haligonians feel about development in general.

I don't think that's him writing. Too much cheerfulness and optimism. :shrug: :runaway:

Dmajackson
Mar 11, 2014, 3:16 AM
Would it be in this area - http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=rf90kj9pyznx&lvl=18.27&dir=1.09&sty=b&where1=3402%20windsor%20street%2C%20halifax%2C%20ns&form=LMLTCC east of Windsor Street? I am just wondering if one of the old buildings was torn down and rebuilt or was it built on a vacant lot?

I had a quick look going by today. It's directly across from Maxwell Avenue on the parking lot in the picture. The buildings to the north and south are both still there.

counterfactual
Mar 11, 2014, 5:12 AM
:facepalm:

You're going to facepalm turfing Peter Kelly from office?

:brickwall:

OldDartmouthMark
Mar 11, 2014, 7:07 PM

You're right, that does look odd in this location. You'd think they could have made some interesting use of that street frontage for window displays or something...

OldDartmouthMark
Mar 11, 2014, 7:10 PM

You're giving him way too much credit. I don't think Kelly would have lasted another term regardless of Bousquet's activities.

Keith P.
Mar 11, 2014, 8:55 PM
You're giving him way too much credit. I don't think Kelly would have lasted another term regardless of Bousquet's activities.

I agree. Bousquet was widely seen as a highly slanted source and had very little credibility. For Halifax, his departure is addition by subtraction.

Hali87
Mar 11, 2014, 9:11 PM
I'm excited to see who the new editor will be. Could be a real game changer.

halifaxboyns
Mar 11, 2014, 9:29 PM
Did TB leave the coast?

counterfactual
Mar 11, 2014, 11:51 PM

I think you're underestimating the encumbent advantage. People in Halifax don't like change. Let's be honest.

Before last election, everyone was talking like Council was going to be wiped out entirely and a whole new slate of Councillers would come in. Well, that didn't happen. Still have Hendsbee, Adams, Karsten, McCloskey, and the rest of the career Counciller hasbeen crew, of which Peter Kelly was the leader.

He may have not have been re-elected, but it was definitely not a certainty.

counterfactual
Mar 11, 2014, 11:53 PM

Someone needs to investigate the Sprawl Lobby and follow the money in this town...

counterfactual
Mar 11, 2014, 11:55 PM
I agree. Bousquet was widely seen as a highly slanted source and had very little credibility. For Halifax, his departure is addition by subtraction.

There's no question he didn't like Peter Kelly. But it was Bousquet's investigation that was a turning point. Bousquet also received national recognition for his work.

I know Bousquet is not popular around here, but give credit where it is due. He broke that story big, and it's the only thing-- after scandal after scandal-- that put a thankful nail in the coffin on Peter Kelly's political career.

The federal conservative party was even leaking stories about drafting Kelly as an MP candidate for Halifax. That got shelved after the story...

Keith P.
Mar 12, 2014, 12:40 AM
Someone needs to investigate the Sprawl Lobby and follow the money in this town...

The real scoop would be to check out the bike lane lobby and figure out who's bankrolling them.

counterfactual
Mar 12, 2014, 12:57 AM
The real scoop would be to check out the bike lane lobby and figure out who's bankrolling them.

You mean the Dalhousie Student Union? Not much money in that lobby, I don't think.

Now, the housing associations, on the other hand...

someone123
Mar 12, 2014, 1:12 AM

Yeah, The Coast could be really great. They need to focus on a positive vision for the city though, not just criticism.

xanaxanax
Mar 12, 2014, 2:06 AM
I joked about some sort of monument being built on Gorges Island on here before and now a 10+ story statue is planing on being built out in the middle of nowhere on some cliff in cape Brenton for Canada's 150 http://o.canada.com/news/mother-canada-statue-409028/ Personally I think Gorges Island would be better suited for such a thing however silly it is, the island is the same size as liberty island.

fenwick16
Mar 12, 2014, 2:33 AM
I had a quick look going by today. It's directly across from Maxwell Avenue on the parking lot in the picture. The buildings to the north and south are both still there.

Thanks for the information. That block will look quite different once the armoury starts.

counterfactual
Mar 12, 2014, 3:32 AM
I joked about some sort of monument being built on Gorges Island on here before and now a 10+ story statue is planing on being built out in the middle of nowhere on some cliff in cape Brenton for Canada's 150 http://o.canada.com/news/mother-canada-statue-409028/ Personally I think Gorges Island would be better suited for such a thing however silly it is, the island is the same size as liberty island.

well, *of course* the people in the town are complaining about it. You definitely don't want something different in town. Definitely don't want something to bring tourism dollars. Definitely don't want "come from aways" bothering everyone.

Why put it at Green Cove? What's the war significance of it? I actually agree-- George's Island, given its role in the war of 1812, would make much more sense.

It might draw some unusual comparisons with the statute of liberty, but who cares. Put it somewhere, where people will appreciate it, and the need to honour the Canadian military.

fenwick16
Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 AM
well, *of course* the people in the town are complaining about it. You definitely don't want something different in town. Definitely don't want something to bring tourism dollars. Definitely don't want "come from aways" bothering everyone.

Why put it at Green Cove? What's the war significance of it? I actually agree-- George's Island, given its role in the war of 1812, would make much more sense.

It might draw some unusual comparisons with the statute of liberty, but who cares. Put it somewhere, where people will appreciate it, and the need to honour the Canadian military.

I mostly agree, somewhere on the Halifax Harbour would be the best location but I don't think George's Island should be built on (I would like to see George's Island preserved and opened to the public since it seems to be an impressive fortification). How about Point Pleasant Park (no sarcasm intended)?

It looks quite impressive to me, although I am not sure what era that dress style is from. It would certainly get a lot more traffic in the Halifax area than in Cape Breton (however, Cape Breton is a beautiful part of Canada and I have lived there).

(source: http://o.canada.com/news/mother-canada-statue-409028/ )
http://wpmedia.o.canada.com/2014/03/carousel-3.jpg?w=680&h=510

xanaxanax
Mar 12, 2014, 4:32 AM
Well I think it would fit nicely on George's Island with a restaurant and bring loads more people to the Island but Point Pleasant Park would work nicely as well or McNabs Island, they are all places that would benefit a lot from a influx of tourists. I think the idea as a whole is completely stupid but if we're going to do something stupid can't we be a little smart about it

counterfactual
Mar 12, 2014, 5:08 AM
I mostly agree, somewhere on the Halifax Harbour would be the best location but I don't think George's Island should be built on (I would like to see George's Island preserved and opened to the public since it seems to be an impressive fortification). How about Point Pleasant Park (no sarcasm intended)?

It looks quite impressive to me, although I am not sure what era that dress style is from. It would certainly get a lot more traffic in the Halifax area than in Cape Breton (however, Cape Breton is a beautiful part of Canada and I have lived there).

People are complaining about the "look" of the statute; if these whiners actually did a tiny bit of research (ie Google the damn thing and locate an article in 15 seconds), they'd learn that the statute is based on the same one at Vimy Ridge in France, a pretty sacred place for Canadians to visit overseas. The only change, as I understand it, is the facial expression on our version, who has a look of hope, than the sadness on the face of the one at Vimy Ridge.

I think it looks beautiful, and reminds me of this in Brazil:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/68/Corcovado_statue01_2005-03-14.jpg/734px-Corcovado_statue01_2005-03-14.jpg

Key difference: this one is located in Rio de Janeiro, and is the pride of the city. This one is located in a town where people are complaining about it. Sigh.

Drybrain
Mar 12, 2014, 12:45 PM
But Rio's Redeemer statue isn't in a national park, and besides, Parks Canada has a lot of work to do fixing up its various crumbling buildings and holdings, and preserving the natural landscape in its protected areas. Building super-expensive statues (even if privately funded, it'll still involve some taxpayer money, I'm sure) on clifftops is is a weird venture for them. If they're going to spend money in Cape Breton, better to restore Louisburg, much if which is in rough shape.

It gets even weirder with the ancillary bits: "We See Thee Rise Observation Deck,” a “Commemorative Ring of True Patriot Love,” and the “With Glowing Hearts National Sanctuary." Plus, making the statue hopeful instead of mournful completely misses the point of the Vimy original that it's based on (which is also much smaller).

People across the country are making fun of the idea, so it isn't just the Green Cove-ers. It's just...strange.

beyeas
Mar 12, 2014, 2:59 PM

It reminds me very much of one of the statues at Vimy that is looking out over the ridge.

EDIT: Oops. Sorry Counterfactual. I posted that before clicking on this last page where I saw your comment above. To anyone who has been to Vimy, it definitely jumps out at you that this is very very similar.

scooby074
Mar 12, 2014, 4:00 PM

Good bye... so long.. fairwell.. ado... goodbye!

Was just reading his latest "piece" on the convention centre (surprise!) on Sunday... Glad he's gone.

JET
Mar 12, 2014, 4:57 PM
It reminds me very much of one of the statues at Vimy that is looking out over the ridge.

EDIT: Oops. Sorry Counterfactual. I posted that before clicking on this last page where I saw your comment above. To anyone who has been to Vimy, it definitely jumps out at you that this is very very similar.

We drive by Green Cove a number of times each summer, it's a beautiful relatively untouched area; hard to believe that anyone would put that hideous monstrosity there. Why do people think that the way to be spiritual is to build edifices that block out expansive views of nature. :shrug:

Vimy ridge was a war zone and pays tribute to people who died there; they should just leave Green Cove alone.

W.Sobchak
Mar 12, 2014, 5:00 PM
McNabs Island seems like a better place, the island as a whole could use some serious TLC and this would be either and excellent finishing piece or kick-start to a forgotten gem of historic importance both for the military and local cultural scene. This statue at the farthest tip of the island facing the mouth of the harbour where over a million people became Canadians, and where we watched over a million Canadians go to war.

Plus it is within the largest city in the province where more travelers stop, ie cruise ships, international travelers, etc. But no... well pork barrel politics and propaganda tend to go hand in hand...

fenwick16
Mar 13, 2014, 1:26 AM
Halifax has a long list of memorial statues and towers so I think Haligonians might appreciate the 10 story war memorial statue if Cape Bretoners really don't want it.

Here is a list of Halifax memorials. I didn't display the pictures since I am getting off the topic of Halifax development news. If the 10 storey statue were built in Halifax then in 50 - 100 years it would be considered to be another iconic Halifax memorial.

(source: http://canadianheadstones.com/ns/halifaxmemorial/halifaxmemorial.htm)
http://canadianheadstones.com/ns/halifaxmemorial/images/1memorialB_304x444.jpg

(source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halifax_Explosion)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/bf/Halifax_Memorial_Bell_Tower.jpg/750px-Halifax_Memorial_Bell_Tower.jpg

(source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welsford-Parker_Monument)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/91/Welsford-Parker_Monument_at_the_entrance_to_the_Old_Burying_Ground_in_Halifax%2C_Nova_Scotia%2C_Canada.jpg/751px-Welsford-Parker_Monument_at_the_entrance_to_the_Old_Burying_Ground_in_Halifax%2C_Nova_Scotia%2C_Canada.jpg

(source: http://www.aportraitofcanada.ca/?p=3262 )
http://www.aportraitofcanada.ca/wp-content/uploads/Prints/_war_memorial__halifax__ns__1988_.jpg

(source: http://thechronicleherald.ca/thenovascotian/1161129-tower-stands-as-tribute-to-fleming )
http://thechronicleherald.ca/sites/default/files/u23/dingletwovertical.JPG

counterfactual
Mar 13, 2014, 2:49 AM
But Rio's Redeemer statue isn't in a national park, and besides, Parks Canada has a lot of work to do fixing up its various crumbling buildings and holdings, and preserving the natural landscape in its protected areas. Building super-expensive statues (even if privately funded, it'll still involve some taxpayer money, I'm sure) on clifftops is is a weird venture for them. If they're going to spend money in Cape Breton, better to restore Louisburg, much if which is in rough shape.

It gets even weirder with the ancillary bits: "We See Thee Rise Observation Deck,” a “Commemorative Ring of True Patriot Love,” and the “With Glowing Hearts National Sanctuary." Plus, making the statue hopeful instead of mournful completely misses the point of the Vimy original that it's based on (which is also much smaller).

People across the country are making fun of the idea, so it isn't just the Green Cove-ers. It's just...strange.

I don't disagree that Parks Canada doesn't have other work to do. They've let The Citadel go to hell. But that's still not a good reason to turf this idea. It's like arguments against Halifax Central Library-- "we needed that money for roads! priorities!!".

As for the statute itself, I don't think anyone who has been to Vimy Ridge, walked on those grounds, and stood before Mother Canada, mourning the Canadians buried there: over 10,000-- and meditated on their sacrifice... would *ever* make fun of idea.

http://vimyridgehistory.com/wp-content/gallery/vimy-memorial-individual-statues/Canadian_National_Vimy_Memorial-Vue_de_la_Cr%C3%AAte-20120320.jpg

counterfactual
Mar 13, 2014, 3:07 AM
McNabs Island seems like a better place, the island as a whole could use some serious TLC and this would be either and excellent finishing piece or kick-start to a forgotten gem of historic importance both for the military and local cultural scene. This statue at the farthest tip of the island facing the mouth of the harbour where over a million people became Canadians, and where we watched over a million Canadians go to war.

Plus it is within the largest city in the province where more travelers stop, ie cruise ships, international travelers, etc. But no... well pork barrel politics and propaganda tend to go hand in hand...

Yes, the CPC have targeted Cape Breton as a potential place for votes, for some reason. I think it's because Cecil Clark, former federal CPC, was elected Mayor of Sydney. Anyways.

Dmajackson
Mar 13, 2014, 7:58 PM
My instincts were right. :) I snapped this photo on HUG yesterday at the South Street Pocket Park. According to an email I received this morning four "Heritage Walk" signs were installed detailing the history of the South and West Ends along the trail.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3828/13109878305_05e667e2fc_c.jpg
Photo by Dmajackson a.k.a. Urban_Halifax on Flickr.com (http://www.flickr.com/photos/urban_halifax/)

counterfactual
Mar 14, 2014, 12:05 AM
My instincts were right. :) I snapped this photo on HUG yesterday at the South Street Pocket Park. According to an email I received this morning four "Heritage Walk" signs were installed detailing the history of the South and West Ends along the trail.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3828/13109878305_05e667e2fc_c.jpg
Photo by Dmajackson a.k.a. Urban_Halifax on Flickr.com (http://www.flickr.com/photos/urban_halifax/)

This is good. They should have more heritage signage all over the city.

coolmillion
Mar 16, 2014, 11:54 AM
A large, old, ramshackle multi-unit residential building at the corner of Falkland and Creighton streets was gutted a couple of weeks ago and is being fully renovated. I think the ground level corner was originally some kind of business and recently was home to the Roberts Street social centre. Interestingly it seems as though the renovation is preparing for an even greater commercial presence. Giant windows have been installed and it looks like the space would suit some kind of store, cafe or restaurant. Does anyone know what is happening there?

Drybrain
Mar 16, 2014, 2:43 PM
A large, old, ramshackle multi-unit residential building at the corner of Falkland and Creighton streets was gutted a couple of weeks ago and is being fully renovated. I think the ground level corner was originally some kind of business and recently was home to the Roberts Street social centre. Interestingly it seems as though the renovation is preparing for an even greater commercial presence. Giant windows have been installed and it looks like the space would suit some kind of store, cafe or restaurant. Does anyone know what is happening there?

I noticed that. The whole thing was basically gutted down to the beams--almost a total rebuild. I bet it was in slightly biohazard-y shape inside, given what it looked like until recently. Curious as well.

spaustin
Mar 16, 2014, 4:30 PM
This is good. They should have more heritage signage all over the city.

Couldn't agree more. I spent a weekend in Savannah Georgia back in February and you can't walk through their Downtown without running into signage. Every block has a story to tell and they do a great job of sharing it. Brings the history and the city to life and it's really not that expensive.

coolmillion
Mar 16, 2014, 5:47 PM
I noticed that. The whole thing was basically gutted down to the beams--almost a total rebuild. I bet it was in slightly biohazard-y shape inside, given what it looked like until recently. Curious as well.

I just walked by and chatted with the owner. He has refurbished a number of places in the neighbourhood. You're right, it's basically almost a total rebuild inside. The commercial space is a "legal non-conforming use" and apparently anything categorized as a "store" is permitted. He has had some interest but nothing yet confirmed. He said to spread the word.

counterfactual
Mar 16, 2014, 5:48 PM
Couldn't agree more. I spent a weekend in Savannah Georgia back in February and you can't walk through their Downtown without running into signage. Every block has a story to tell and they do a great job of sharing it. Brings the history and the city to life and it's really not that expensive.

You see similar stuff in New England, like Boston.

And exactly-- it's not even costly! In a city with so much history on every block, we should have a sign on every block.

But that would require, you know, setting a modicum of money aside for downtown Halifax and Dartmouth, which is always a struggle in our ludicrous HRM Council.

But you know what? If Hendsbee wants heritage signage for Sheet Harbour? Well give it to them. Heritage signage for everyone, everywhere!

(PS still think its extraordinary that Sheet Harbour, which requires a wilderness drive of 1h:40min from City Centre-- is part of the same municipality. It's like including Truro or New Glasgow in HRM).

Empire
Mar 16, 2014, 8:12 PM
From the Herald 1983:

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q7/empire1_2007/1GovPl84_zpsf645a3fc.jpg (http://s132.photobucket.com/user/empire1_2007/media/1GovPl84_zpsf645a3fc.jpg.html)

Colin May
Mar 16, 2014, 10:16 PM
Bousquet was the main reason for the demise of Kelly and it is churlish not give him the credit.
I can list three reasons for the change : 1) The will/estate fiasco, 2) The removal of the protesters from Victoria park, 3) The rock concerts financial shenanigans.
Most of those upset about 2 would not have voted for Kelly anyway. When Mike Savage announced his candidacy there were 11 cranes visible in metro, no cranes were available in eastern Canada and developers were considering bringing cranes from Europe.

Here is a financial perspective of the Kelly years :
Operating surplus 2009/2010 - $3.29 million; 2010/2011 $2.4 million; 2011/2012 $17.8 million; 2012/13 - $15.9 million ( Kelly mayor when the budget was passed and was in office for just over 7 months )

JET
Mar 17, 2014, 4:54 PM
Bousquet was the main reason for the demise of Kelly and it is churlish not give him the credit.
I can list three reasons for the change : 1) The will/estate fiasco, 2) The removal of the protesters from Victoria park, 3) The rock concerts financial shenanigans.
Most of those upset about 2 would not have voted for Kelly anyway. When Mike Savage announced his candidacy there were 11 cranes visible in metro, no cranes were available in eastern Canada and developers were considering bringing cranes from Europe.

Here is a financial perspective of the Kelly years :
Operating surplus 2009/2010 - $3.29 million; 2010/2011 $2.4 million; 2011/2012 $17.8 million; 2012/13 - $15.9 million ( Kelly mayor when the budget was passed and was in office for just over 7 months )

Welcome to the forum Colin.

counterfactual
Mar 19, 2014, 3:49 AM
I'm reading in ANS some info about Pete's Frootique.

Apparently, the local owned food chain earns something like $20million in sales, with gross profit margins much better than competing chains like Sobeys or Loblaws, including loathsome big boxes like Price Club.

Half of that $20million in sales actually comes out of the downtown location on Dresden Rowe alone. The remaining sales are halved between Bedford/Lower Sackville locations.

Pete's is a fantastic counter-point to all the downtown skeptics and the big box advocates. Locate downtown, provide high quality products and service, and the people will come. He's succeeding despite everything being slanted in favour of big box and sprawl retail.

One day, I'd like to see big box parks to be rotting industrial and retail ghost towns. A late twentieth century mistake based on an outdated mid twentieth century model for growth centered on the suburbs, exurbs, and the automobile.

Hali87
Mar 19, 2014, 5:14 AM
An interesting piece on RP+5: article (http://spacing.ca/atlantic/2014/03/18/palermo-halifax-hrm-regional-plan-needs-adjustment-but-will-we-seize-the-moment/)

Colin May
Mar 31, 2014, 8:01 PM
Has the boom gone bust ?
Have property sales in HRM slumped by more than $400,000,000 ?
Certainly seems so, but you won't hear the local media or our Mayor telling you about the precipitous decline in property sales

HRM is projecting a $6 million drop in Deed Transfer Tax for the 2013/14 year compared with the 2012/13 year.
The HRM 2014/15 Budget is before council on April Fools day but staff have chosen to ignore the slump in property sales and have not included comparative data which would assist council and the public in realising the full extent of the drop in property sales.

Here is the budget link : http://www.halifax.ca/budget/documents/Operating-OverviewofBudgets.pdf
Scroll down to page 35 and DTT estimates are line item 4100.
To determine the drop in DTT you must access the 2012/13 Financial statements.

HRM Deed Transfer Tax Revenues (million)

1998/99 15,608
1999/00 16,819
2000/01 16,675
2001/02 21,074
2002/03 21,859
2003/04 23,456
2004/05 33,047
2005/06 32,097
2006/07 37,790
2007/08 34,700
2008/09 35,166
2009/10 33,344
2010/11 31,153
2011/12 39,302
2012/13 42,124
2013/14 39,000 budget 36,000 projected
2014/15 36,000 budget
sources : HRM Financial statements, HRM budgets

Colin May
Apr 1, 2014, 4:48 PM
The assessment for the Imperial Oil property has been slashed by more than 50%. As a refinery the property paid taxes based on legislation and now that the refinery is closed it will pay taxes based on the assessed value. This issue came up at HRM Committee of the Whole on Tuesday morning but CAO Richard Butts did not disclose the numbers. Butts did tell councillors that he understood Imperial had not appealed the new assessment.

Here are the assessed values for the years 2008 - 2014
2008 $159,121,900
2009 $161,689,900
2010 $164,469,900
2011 $164,469,900
2012 $163,982,900
2013 $155,783,900
2014 $76,210,900

For Halifax Shipyards :
2008 $8,345,200
2009 $8,291,900
2010 $8,291,900
2011 $8,312,000
2012 $12,180,700
2013 $12,226,100
2014 $39,811,700

spaustin
Apr 2, 2014, 12:25 AM
The assessment for the Imperial Oil property has been slashed by more than 50%. As a refinery the property paid taxes based on legislation and now that the refinery is closed it will pay taxes based on the assessed value. This issue came up at HRM Committee of the Whole on Tuesday morning but CAO Richard Butts did not disclose the numbers. Butts did tell councillors that he understood Imperial had not appealed the new assessment.

Here are the assessed values for the years 2008 - 2014
2008 $159,121,900
2009 $161,689,900
2010 $164,469,900
2011 $164,469,900
2012 $163,982,900
2013 $155,783,900
2014 $76,210,900

For Halifax Shipyards :
2008 $8,345,200
2009 $8,291,900
2010 $8,291,900
2011 $8,312,000
2012 $12,180,700
2013 $12,226,100
2014 $39,811,700

Pretty dramatic spike at the shipyard. Strange that at a greatly reduced assessment, the refinery will now pay more taxes to HRM because the provincial legislation no longer applies.

Colin May
Apr 2, 2014, 12:43 AM
Dramatic assessment increases on Agricola
2540 Agricola
2008 $151,800
2009 $154,500
2010 $164,200
2011 $254,000
2012 $364,100
2013 $619,200
2014 $1,469,400

Commons Inn (West/Agricola)
2008 $437,800
2009 $450,900
2010 $468,900
2011 $487,700
2012 $560,000
2013 $621,600
2014 $1,200,000

2559 Agricola
2008 $1,295,800
2009 $1,287,900
2010 $1,006,100
2011 $1,258,100
2012 $1,406,800
2013 $1,568,400
2014 $1,826,700

counterfactual
Apr 2, 2014, 12:51 AM
Dramatic assessment increases on Agricola
2540 Agricola
2008 $151,800
2009 $154,500
2010 $164,200
2011 $254,000
2012 $364,100
2013 $619,200
2014 $1,469,400

Commons Inn (West/Agricola)
2008 $437,800
2009 $450,900
2010 $468,900
2011 $487,700
2012 $560,000
2013 $621,600
2014 $1,200,000

2559 Agricola
2008 $1,295,800
2009 $1,287,900
2010 $1,006,100
2011 $1,258,100
2012 $1,406,800
2013 $1,568,400
2014 $1,826,700

Crickey. Are there any other areas in HRM with such a remarkable increase in assessment value?

My guess is: NO.

My extrapolated point: this is another way the peninsula subsidizes the rest of HRM...

pblaauw
Apr 3, 2014, 12:16 AM
There's fencing around the RapidLube on Robie St. I doubt that space is big enough for anything substantial, but it's been there as long as I can remember.

Metalsales
Apr 3, 2014, 12:39 PM
There is a Needs going into that location. the whole lot is being redeveloped

kph06
Apr 3, 2014, 1:51 PM
If I remember correctly, Sobey's bought (or partnered with) all the Shell stations around.

Colin May
Apr 3, 2014, 8:25 PM
Commonwealth Games 2014 in Glasgow will have an opening ceremony which includes blowing up 30 storey apartment buildings live on TV !!!

" The Games organisers announced on Wednesday that the 30-storey blocks, which were once some of the tallest residential buildings in Europe, will be demolished simultaneously as Commonwealth dignitaries and athletes open the Games at Celtic football stadium nearby.

The detonation, described by organisers as the largest attempted in Europe, will take approximately 15 seconds and be shown live inside the stadium on a 100m-long LED screen taking up the south stand of Celtic Park. "

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/apr/03/glasgo"w-2014-red-road-flats-demolished-opening-ceremony-commonwealth-games

Dmajackson
Apr 3, 2014, 11:39 PM
Approval of the DHX/Starbuck's Building Expansion will be at the Design Review Committee next week, April 10th, 2014. The new tenant will be the Royal Bank of Canada and construction should start immediately.

Design Review Committee Report (http://www.halifax.ca/boardscom/drc/documents/April105446SpringGardenRoadStaffReport.pdf)

counterfactual
Apr 4, 2014, 2:16 AM
In a interviewer with cbc they were saying it would be a 20 story addition on top of the building, is that still the intention.

Here is the interview where they are talking about this being 20 stories but I haven't heard any mention of it since then http://www.cbc.ca/video/share/share.html?ID=2430176066

20 storeys?! You can't get 8 storeys in downtown Halifax without a NIMBY World War.

It's 20 feet. They're only adding 2 storeys.

xanaxanax
Apr 4, 2014, 2:34 AM
20 storeys?! You can't get 8 storeys in downtown Halifax without a NIMBY World War.

yes I completely heard that wrong

worldlyhaligonian
Apr 5, 2014, 10:00 PM

World War NIMBY!

Seriously though, we even have NIMBYs... when its nobody's backyard!

20 stories is a dream :slob:

counterfactual
Apr 6, 2014, 7:31 PM
Anyone else notice this? Here's a little case study.

For the above mentioned potential St. Mary's Cathedral development, here are three different news stories, and the accompany titles:

The Herald:

"Developer, church have vision for 'most important street corner in Halifax"
http://thechronicleherald.ca/business/108842-developer-church-have-vision-for-most-important-street-corner-in-halifax?from=slidebox&slidebox=title

Metronews:

"Archbishop eyes major development for Halifax church site"
http://metronews.ca/news/halifax/269737/archibishop-eyes-major-development-for-halifax-church-site/

And finally, the CBC (same story):

"Halifax church expansion could affect hidden graves"
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/halifax-church-expansion-could-affect-hidden-graves-1.1279214

Yes, let's preserve "hidden graves" that are currently hidden under.... a parking lot?

I find CBC Halifax does this often. They wait a day before reporting a story, and seek out Phil Pacey, Heritage, STV, or some other NIMBY for a critical story on the proposal.

Other examples, all CBC, and all manage to find a negative spin on a new development or proposal. If height is at issue, you can be sure that CBC will focus on that, and from a negative angle:

"Halifax's Artillery Place proposal too tall? - Nova Scotia - CBC News"
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/halifax-s-artillery-place-proposal-too-tall-1.2565069

New Halifax YMCA development has opponents - Nova ... - CBC News"
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/new-halifax-ymca-development-has-opponents-1.1048882

"People up in arms about development in Halifax"
http://www.cbc.ca/player/AudioMobile/Information+Morning+-+NS/ID/2439697578/

"Height rule waived for Halifax YMCA proposal"
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/height-rule-waived-for-halifax-ymca-proposal-1.1199973

"Cell tower concerns raised in north-end Halifax"
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/cell-tower-concerns-raised-in-north-end-halifax-1.1179426

"Barrington Street height limit increase considered"
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/barrington-street-height-limit-increase-considered-1.1334253

4 Halifax projects exempt from new development rules
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/4-halifax-projects-exempt-from-new-development-rules-1.855734

Waye Mason
Apr 6, 2014, 7:40 PM
Two points - 1 - every project has people who are against it for different reasons, and those reasons need to be evaluated on their merits (or lack) and 2 - not all development IS good development.

For example, putting a cell phone tower in a residential area or in sight of Laurencetown Beach is something I think it is reasonable to be against (though I can see exceptions to the former).

The people emailing me who are against Bank of Canada site because it is too tall when it is exactly the height that is allowed under the downtown plan, not so much.

xanaxanax
Apr 6, 2014, 7:52 PM
Anyone else notice this? Here's a little case study.

For the above mentioned potential St. Mary's Cathedral development, here are three different news stories, and the accompany titles:

The Herald:

"Developer, church have vision for 'most important street corner in Halifax"
http://thechronicleherald.ca/business/108842-developer-church-have-vision-for-most-important-street-corner-in-halifax?from=slidebox&slidebox=title

Metronews:

"Archbishop eyes major development for Halifax church site"
http://metronews.ca/news/halifax/269737/archibishop-eyes-major-development-for-halifax-church-site/

And finally, the CBC (same story):

"Halifax church expansion could affect hidden graves"
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/halifax-church-expansion-could-affect-hidden-graves-1.1279214

Yes, let's preserve "hidden graves" that are currently hidden under.... a parking lot?

[/url]

Personally I think a few of the graves yards in Halifax should be developed on, we have more graves yards in a small central areas than most major cities do, there are sure a lot more graves yards in Halifax than in Toronto or probably any other Canadian city.

The Christ Church Cemetery, Mount Hermon Cemetery, Holy Cross Cemetery and this church parking lot should all be developed.

if Mount Hermon Cemetery and The Christ Church Cemetery were developed those areas in Dartmouth would be a heck of a lot safer as well

fenwick16
Apr 6, 2014, 8:44 PM
Personally I think a few of the graves yards in Halifax should be developed on, we have more graves yards in a small central areas than most major cities do, there are sure a lot more graves yards in Halifax than in Toronto or probably any other Canadian city.

The Christ Church Cemetery, Mount Hermon Cemetery, Holy Cross Cemetery and this church parking lot should all be developed.

if Mount Hermon Cemetery and The Christ Church Cemetery were developed those areas in Dartmouth would be a heck of a lot safer as well

I have mixed feelings about this. I find old grave yards to be a fascinating record of the history of a city. But you certainty are right in that most cities don't have so much space taken up by graveyards. Many cities have dug up graves and moved them; the Paris catacombs are an interesting, and rather macabre example - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catacombs_of_Paris

worldlyhaligonian
Apr 6, 2014, 9:01 PM
Two points - 1 - every project has people who are against it for different reasons, and those reasons need to be evaluated on their merits (or lack) and 2 - not all development IS good development.

For example, putting a cell phone tower in a residential area or in sight of Laurencetown Beach is something I think it is reasonable to be against (though I can see exceptions to the former).

The people emailing me who are against Bank of Canada site because it is too tall when it is exactly the height that is allowed under the downtown plan, not so much.

The media isn't supposed to be biased though. It seems certain outlets are.

I like your point... but then again, if a development conforms to the plans it shouldn't be allowed to be stricken down based upon height alone. Do they require public input regarding height in those cases?

Drybrain
Apr 6, 2014, 10:36 PM

It seems silly to respond to such a silly idea, but that's not going to happen--especially in the case of a cemetery like Holy Cross, a registered historic site with 25,000 graves, including that of a prime minister, and veterans of most major wars Canada has taken part in since the mid-19th century. Plus loads of eminent locals.

Large, centrally located cemeteries are inevitable in any historic city. I don't know what to tell you--great cities and nations don't bulldoze monuments to their dead to build new condos and office towers.

(I'm reminded of a visit to London when I was surprised by all the little cemeteries packed into the inner core, on the lands of the city's old churches. And that's not including the "magnificent Seven", seven enormous graveyards built in the 19th century in various parts of the central city.)

I'll certainly give you the parking lot--it's value as a landmark is long gone, since the grave markers and whatnot were all hauled away long ago. Bring in some archaeologists and historians to document what's underneath, and then build.

counterfactual
Apr 6, 2014, 11:07 PM
It seems silly to respond to such a silly idea, but that's not going to happen--especially in the case of a cemetery like Holy Cross, a registered historic site with 25,000 graves, including that of a prime minister, and veterans of most major wars Canada has taken part in since the mid-19th century. Plus loads of eminent locals.

Large, centrally located cemeteries are inevitable in any historic city. I don't know what to tell you--great cities and nations don't bulldoze monuments to their dead to build new condos and office towers.

(I'm reminded of a visit to London when I was surprised by all the little cemeteries packed into the inner core, on the lands of the city's old churches. And that's not including the "magnificent Seven", seven enormous graveyards built in the 19th century in various parts of the central city.)

I'll certainly give you the parking lot--it's value as a landmark is long gone, since the grave markers and whatnot were all hauled away long ago. Bring in some archaeologists and historians to document what's underneath, and then build.

Yes, I certainly don't think we develop Holy Cross or any of these historical grave yards downtown.

I just thought it was the height of stupidity to be "concerned" about a development disturbing graves, when there's a freaking parking lot already laid on top of the site.

Where was CBC and Allen Robertson when the parking lot was paved?

Anyways, definitely remove any valuable historical artifacts for display or study elsewhere, but move the damn proposal forward.

Drybrain
Apr 6, 2014, 11:31 PM
I just thought it was the height of stupidity to be "concerned" about a development disturbing graves, when there's a freaking parking lot already laid on top of the site.

Yeah, that is silly. It's probably pretty safe to assume it wouldn't end up being a real barrier to development--might slow down excavation for a few weeks as the old graves were unearthed, but I doubt council would reject it based on some long-ago paved-over graves. (I'd be curious to know when said paving-over happened, though. A bit spooky. I'll never be able to exit Taz again without thinking about whose final resting place I'm walking over top of!)

Duff
Apr 7, 2014, 6:40 PM
One from today. Looks like the renovation on the Brunswick St towers will be starting soon. Barricades were being put in today.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7323/13699012745_0da93b4184_h.jpg

rkannegi
Apr 7, 2014, 7:59 PM
There is a Needs going into that location. the whole lot is being redeveloped

Is this newly planned Needs store (at the Shell site on Robie & North) going to replace the existing Needs on the corner of Windsor & Chebucto in preparation for the near-future realignment of the Windsor/Cunard/Chebucto intersection?

Cheers,

Richard Kannegiesser

someone123
Apr 8, 2014, 12:55 AM
Design for a new highrise at CFB Halifax. Not terribly exciting: https://twitter.com/RCN_MARLANT/status/453222458296791040/photo/1

counterfactual
Apr 8, 2014, 2:31 AM
Design for a new highrise at CFB Halifax. Not terribly exciting: https://twitter.com/RCN_MARLANT/status/453222458296791040/photo/1

Just looks like another crappy high rise along Barrington, to join the other ugly, set back, high rises along there.

xanaxanax
Apr 8, 2014, 2:33 AM

Where exactly is this going?

Dmajackson
Apr 8, 2014, 2:59 AM
CFB Halifax getting multimillion dollar makeover
07/04/2014
Selena Ross - The Chronicle Herald

Halifax is getting two brand-new army facilities as well as the multimillion-dollar contracts for building them.

The two projects, one in Bedford and one at the Canadian Forces Base in north-end Halifax, are expected to create 380 jobs, the Department of National Defence said on Monday.

Junior ranks at the base will enjoy the results when they move to an expansive housing and training facility, likely in 2016.

Read More : thechronicleherald.ca (http://m.thechronicleherald.ca//metro/1198672-cfb-halifax-getting-multimillion-dollar-makeover?utm_source=email&utm_medium=business-insider&utm_campaign=business-insider)

xanaxanax
Apr 8, 2014, 3:12 AM
[I]CFB Halifax getting multimillion dollar makeover
07/04/2014
Selena Ross - The Chronicle Herald

Read More : thechronicleherald.ca (http://m.thechronicleherald.ca//metro/1198672-cfb-halifax-getting-multimillion-dollar-makeover?utm_source=email&utm_medium=business-insider&utm_campaign=business-insider)

65 million sounds a bit over priced for a 12 story barracks meant for single-unit dwellings

Hali87
Apr 8, 2014, 10:23 AM
It looks alright. Ultimately it's housing being paid for with tax money, so I wouldn't expect them to build anything too fancy (but hey, it's no Shannon Park). I actually kind of like the view of that area from Dartmouth and the bridge, with all the wide rectangular buildings covering the hillside.

hoser111
Apr 8, 2014, 1:46 PM
Where exactly is this going?

Where the Fleet Club is.

OldDartmouthMark
Apr 8, 2014, 2:15 PM
Yeah, that is silly. It's probably pretty safe to assume it wouldn't end up being a real barrier to development--might slow down excavation for a few weeks as the old graves were unearthed, but I doubt council would reject it based on some long-ago paved-over graves. (I'd be curious to know when said paving-over happened, though. A bit spooky. I'll never be able to exit Taz again without thinking about whose final resting place I'm walking over top of!)

I don't know the extent of the laws, but it appears that it wouldn't be a matter of just simply moving the remains in order to develop on a gravesite. I'm guessing this parking lot was done many years ago "under the radar" and this would not have been allowed to happen today.

http://nslegislature.ca/legc/statutes/cemprot.htm

Exerpt from the above link:
Consequences of discovery of human remains

8 (1) Where there is no evidence on the surface of land that the land is a cemetery, but a person discovers, under the surface, human remains, that person shall

(a) immediately report the discovery to the Minister; and

(b) except to the extent permitted by the Minister, not carry out any activity that would result in disturbing the remains.

(2) Every person who violates subsection (1) is guilty of an offence against this Act. 1998, c. 9, s. 8.

Metalsales
Apr 8, 2014, 3:49 PM
65 million sounds a bit over priced for a 12 story barracks meant for single-unit dwellings

The building is being built different from others. It is a national defence building and there is risk management steps going into this building that the average building would not have.

Keith P.
Apr 8, 2014, 10:23 PM
Where the Fleet Club is.

Is the Fleet Club no more? I remember when it first opened it was a big deal. Lots of big-name acts appeared there, not so much nowadays though.

worldlyhaligonian
Apr 8, 2014, 10:54 PM

Not super exciting, but its been known. I'd rather taller and less wide, but it will add to this north end skyline and create jobs and better facilities. Never say no to federal funds!

hoser111
Apr 9, 2014, 12:01 AM
Is the Fleet Club no more? I remember when it first opened it was a big deal. Lots of big-name acts appeared there, not so much nowadays though.

I'm not %100 certain, but I do believe it disappears with the construction of this.

Metalsales
Apr 9, 2014, 6:17 PM
The fleet club will remain until the buiilding is built, and then will relocate into this building. The fleet club building will then be torn down to make way for a parking lot for the new building

xanaxanax
Apr 9, 2014, 8:22 PM

Still 65 million sounds like almost 3 times the amount this project should be, am I the only one that thinks this is a outrages amount for a small cookie cutter apartment complex. The new 15-storey Homewood Suites and 15-storey Hampton Inn at and the 17-storey apartment building on Brunswick St cost less than this to build and are much larger and high quality projects in comparison

HalifaxRetales
Apr 14, 2014, 11:47 AM
http://ispyd.retales.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/2086.jpg

Drybrain
Apr 14, 2014, 1:44 PM
That Creighton Manor re-do was lickety-split. I just passed there last week and it looked like it was in total disarray still.

Looks like a restaurant?