Quote:
Originally Posted by sbarn
Looks U/C to me!
|
While the lobby level area of the 111 Tower will be under construction along with the Performing Arts Center, they haven't announced the specific start date yet on the tower itself. It's probably just a matter of formalities at this point, but still we'll wait until it's official.
Update - November 18th, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCRes
I sat on an airplane over the weekend next to a project manager for the company doing the steel work for 111 and UPAC. He confirmed that they are in fact building both buildings at the same time. He also said that we should start seeing steel rise on 111 within the next month and that all steel work should be done in 2015.
I know that the unique engineering of the building has been discussed on this board before but it was interesting hearing him talk about it. Because part of 111 hangs over the theater, the weight of the building is actually supported from the roof. As the steel rises there will be temporary supports in place and near the end of the process they will have to lift the whole building a couple inches to remove the supports and then let the building settle into place with the weight bearing on the roof structure. I'm sure there are some inaccuracies in the way I explained that, but it was pretty interesting listening to him explain it.
|