HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #561  
Old Posted Jan 28, 2015, 3:19 PM
jedikermit's Avatar
jedikermit jedikermit is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 2,259
Thanks Old&New!
__________________
Loving Salt Lake City. Despite everything, and because of everything.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #562  
Old Posted Jan 28, 2015, 4:11 PM
Dallas Snob Dallas Snob is offline
Verticle
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida
Posts: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by asies1981 View Post
Photo update on the PAC and 111 taken yesterday. If you guys remember the PAC was originally scheduled to be finished July of 2016, but now is scheduled to be completed next January. While I would have loved to see more snow this year, the weather has been great for construction timelines, lol.
OH HOLY NIGHT! That's what I'm talking about...pictures from different perspectives. I BELEIVE! Take me to the Jordan River and baptize me! I AM CONVERTED! It is obvious and clear that the core rebar for 111 is at least 1 full story above the theatre. Hallelujah and AMEN!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #563  
Old Posted Jan 28, 2015, 4:51 PM
EPdesign EPdesign is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Snob View Post
OH HOLY NIGHT! That's what I'm talking about...pictures from different perspectives. I BELEIVE! Take me to the Jordan River and baptize me! I AM CONVERTED! It is obvious and clear that the core rebar for 111 is at least 1 full story above the theatre. Hallelujah and AMEN!
Lol
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #564  
Old Posted Jan 28, 2015, 8:16 PM
SLC Ute SLC Ute is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenar View Post
No, I'm not talking about EPAC at all. Look at the lobby sketches closely. I don't have time right now to markup what I'm referring to.
When you get a chance, I would like to see which sketches you are referencing. Thanks
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #565  
Old Posted Jan 28, 2015, 9:35 PM
Twothirty8 Twothirty8 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 59
I'm taking a tour of the EPAC next Wednesday.

I'll do my best to update y'all on the info I find out, and photos too if I can figure out how to post them on here. The tour should be with the construction manager, and some of the development team for the EPAC.

Also, I have not heard yet if these tours are open to the public, but I'll let you know when I find out.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #566  
Old Posted Jan 28, 2015, 10:39 PM
UTPlanner's Avatar
UTPlanner UTPlanner is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 941
I can verify the earlier statement made that there was a large section of concrete poured in the foundations of the 111 Tower that is now in the process of being removed. It is going to set them back a while but the unexpected mild weather should not keep them from finishing too far off their original goal.

I also heard, second hand of course, that PRI told them in a meeting that the building is 50% leased. I didn't hear it directly from PRI but it is from a very good source.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #567  
Old Posted Jan 28, 2015, 10:45 PM
SLC Projects's Avatar
SLC Projects SLC Projects is offline
Bring out the cranes...
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 6,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTPlanner View Post
I can verify the earlier statement made that there was a large section of concrete poured in the foundations of the 111 Tower that is now in the process of being removed. It is going to set them back a while but the unexpected mild weather should not keep them from finishing too far off their original goal.

I also heard, second hand of course, that PRI told them in a meeting that the building is 50% leased. I didn't hear it directly from PRI but it is from a very good source.
50% leased is great news, if true. What % do you guys think 111 must be to get Boyer Company moving forward with their 151 development? 60%?, 80%? Still over a year out before 111 opens, plenty of time for this tower to be fully or near leased out by then.
__________________
1. "Wells Fargo Building" 24-stories 422 FT 1998
2. "LDS Church Office Building" 28-stories 420 FT 1973
3. "111 South Main" 24-stories 387 FT 2016
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #568  
Old Posted Jan 28, 2015, 11:19 PM
Makid Makid is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC Projects View Post
50% leased is great news, if true. What % do you guys think 111 must be to get Boyer Company moving forward with their 151 development? 60%?, 80%? Still over a year out before 111 opens, plenty of time for this tower to be fully or near leased out by then.
Mostly, we don't need to worry about the lease % at 111 for 151 to begin. We just need 151 to get to the pre-leased threshold that is needed for the banks to loan Boyer the money for construction. This can be anywhere from 20% to 40% depending on the collateral and those that have signed a pre-lease agreement.

With 111 at 50% already and 222 nearing 80%, I don't think we will have a long wait for 151 to start construction.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #569  
Old Posted Jan 29, 2015, 2:43 AM
Future Mayor's Avatar
Future Mayor Future Mayor is offline
Vote for me in 2019!
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 4,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC Ute View Post
When you get a chance, I would like to see which sketches you are referencing. Thanks
I may be missing them too, but I'm not seeing any columns in the back of the lobby either.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #570  
Old Posted Jan 29, 2015, 3:17 AM
jubguy3's Avatar
jubguy3 jubguy3 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: SL,UT
Posts: 984
From a couple pages ago

[QUOTE=Old&New;6885288]

Definitely an improvement. I like the all glass foyer. Judging by the looks of it, the tower will in-fact hang from the roof, and there will be no steel rising below the third floor.




Reply With Quote
     
     
  #571  
Old Posted Jan 29, 2015, 4:49 PM
DCRes's Avatar
DCRes DCRes is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 746
Floors 15 and 16 of 222 have been completely empty since the building opened. There has been a lot of construction happening on floor 16 and I just found out that the entire floor has been leased by a make-up company, Perfectly Posh.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #572  
Old Posted Jan 29, 2015, 5:26 PM
EPdesign EPdesign is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 865
[QUOTE=jubguy3;6893861]From a couple pages ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old&New View Post


Definitely an improvement. I like the all glass foyer. Judging by the looks of it, the tower will in-fact hang from the roof, and there will be no steel rising below the third floor.




Does this mean we won't see steal rise but have to wait for it to drop from the top? This is going to be interesting to watch if such is the case
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #573  
Old Posted Jan 29, 2015, 7:47 PM
Dallas Snob Dallas Snob is offline
Verticle
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida
Posts: 319
111 Main is a non-column design. (think of the original WTC's). The weight load is carried by the core and the actual exterior walls...allowing for floor to ceiling glass plates to maximize light and views. It's obvious from the rendering that the EPAC had to be built first to enable the lobby to have no support structure. The core and EPAC wall IS the support structure. I didn't realize that 222 Main and 111 Main are both designed by the same architect at Skidmore.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #574  
Old Posted Jan 29, 2015, 9:34 PM
Stenar's Avatar
Stenar Stenar is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 3,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Snob View Post
111 Main is a non-column design. (think of the original WTC's). The weight load is carried by the core and the actual exterior walls...allowing for floor to ceiling glass plates to maximize light and views. It's obvious from the rendering that the EPAC had to be built first to enable the lobby to have no support structure. The core and EPAC wall IS the support structure. I didn't realize that 222 Main and 111 Main are both designed by the same architect at Skidmore.
The EPAC wall is not supporting it.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #575  
Old Posted Jan 30, 2015, 3:34 PM
Dallas Snob Dallas Snob is offline
Verticle
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida
Posts: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenar View Post
The EPAC wall is not supporting it.
No? Is that a fact from the architect? Not challenging you, just asking for confirmation. I suppose what I am referring to is the curtain glass lobby does not EXTEND past the EPAC wall.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #576  
Old Posted Jan 30, 2015, 4:06 PM
EPdesign EPdesign is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Snob View Post
No? Is that a fact from the architect? Not challenging you, just asking for confirmation. I suppose what I am referring to is the curtain glass lobby does not EXTEND past the EPAC wall.
I mean no offense, but you really need to see the structure physically to be able to understand why it is so clear to those observing how the construction is progressing. Picture do not do justice to how clearly individual the two structures actually are
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #577  
Old Posted Jan 30, 2015, 6:02 PM
jubguy3's Avatar
jubguy3 jubguy3 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: SL,UT
Posts: 984
There were concrete trucks yesterday
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #578  
Old Posted Jan 30, 2015, 7:58 PM
Stenar's Avatar
Stenar Stenar is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 3,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Snob View Post
No? Is that a fact from the architect? Not challenging you, just asking for confirmation. I suppose what I am referring to is the curtain glass lobby does not EXTEND past the EPAC wall.
It's a much discussed fact on this forum.

But there's also this: "Skidmore Owings & Merrill, the international architecture firm behind 222 Main, had designed a state-of-the-art hat truss for 111 Main that will allow them to build 21,000-square-foot floors on a 17,000-square-foot footprint, using a cantilever system that will essentially support a third of the weight from the roof, Bingham said."

Source: http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/money/56945533-79/main-salt-building-office.html.csp
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #579  
Old Posted Jan 30, 2015, 8:24 PM
Orlando's Avatar
Orlando Orlando is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 4,132
I'm still trying to understand how this structure works. 1/3 of the structure is suspended from the roof "hat" structure. EP Design says that the EPAC structure and 111 structure are not connected, meaning the structure of 111 is not coming down through EPAC. However, we see the glass lobby renderings and see no column supports coming down to the ground. So, that 1/3 is not supported either? No offense EP Design, but I believe all that bulky steel we are seeing for the portion of EPAC, which will be under 111, will be used to support 111 above. Is there an official statement that proves otherwise?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #580  
Old Posted Jan 30, 2015, 8:30 PM
Stenar's Avatar
Stenar Stenar is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 3,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
I'm still trying to understand how this structure works. 1/3 of the structure is suspended from the roof "hat" structure. EP Design says that the EPAC structure and 111 structure are not connected, meaning the structure of 111 is not coming down through EPAC. However, we see the glass lobby renderings and see no column supports coming down to the ground. So, that 1/3 is not supported either? No offense EP Design, but I believe all that bulky steel we are seeing for the portion of EPAC, which will be under 111, will be used to support 111 above. Is there an official statement that proves otherwise?
Only half of the lobby doesn't have supports.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:18 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.