PDA

View Full Version : Royal Connaught Hotel | ? | 36 fl, 33 fl, 24 fl & 13 fl | U/C

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33

hamilton23
Jun 6, 2019, 6:25 PM
Stop! Enough! Would both of you take this fight to a private space...like the private messaging side of the forum. Now. Thank you.

There's no fight. I was posting in this thread and "TheRoyalCon" joined in order to berate and attack myself and other homeowners who have posted in this thread in response to the Opinion Piece in the Spec. The poster has also mentioned specific names of owners and/or residents in the building and potential details of real estate transactions. All of this is confidential and I will defend my fellow neighbors and their safety.

I apologize for the poster "TheRoyalCon" hijacking this thread.

movingtohamilton
Jun 6, 2019, 6:35 PM
There's no fight. I was posting in this thread and "TheRoyalCon" joined in order to berate and attack myself and other homeowners who have posted in this thread in response to the Opinion Piece in the Spec. The poster has also mentioned specific names of owners and/or residents in the building and potential details of real estate transactions. All of this is confidential and I will defend my fellow neighbors and their safety.

I apologize for the poster "TheRoyalCon" hijacking this thread.

You've said all of the above many times. Take this non-fight to lawyers, to private messaging, etc. Just stop posting about it. Please.

hamilton23
Jun 6, 2019, 6:41 PM
You've said all of the above many times. Take this non-fight to lawyers, to private messaging, etc. Just stop posting about it. Please.

I've agreed with your point several times! I will, however, continue to respond to any defamatory, slanderous, libelous, and any other posts that put my fellow neighbors in real danger because of a posters reckless behavior. This is the final time I will say that.

StEC
Jun 6, 2019, 10:23 PM
Yeah I too would very much like to see the nonsense stop! Can we get this thread back on track?

Can we see the last render of Phase 3 again? There are so many pages I can't find it now. Also I would love to see a new render if the tower has been revised?

hamilton23
Jun 6, 2019, 11:03 PM
Yeah I too would very much like to see the nonsense stop! Can we get this thread back on track?

Can we see the last render of Phase 3 again? There are so many pages I can't find it now. Also I would love to see a new render if the tower has been revised?

It appears to be back on the right track now! (Fingers Crossed)

Chronamut
Jun 7, 2019, 6:21 PM
It appears to be back on the right track now! (Fingers Crossed)

Yeah I tried to find a closeup of the render that was a few pages back but I can't seem to find it anymore either...

lachlanholmes
Jun 9, 2019, 2:30 AM
Getting back on track...

This afternoon, core sampling truck on site. Hamilton23, is this for Phase 3? ;)

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/8Xep0xBquY196u6zv0vauMELTl2XB2eR7ORIF7vflGAeDkF2RTC4_6BZvaGaRx2cWDTj94caZomFV8hkBQsggSMi0mENn0Kp2-FBy5N4gnpjLwR93MysKGwymAV_iCJeV2_GW3iC_R3nZn2yZWzW4L45fos4_dNCz-18XprHd38H3VsbIc3b7_7QdE5ZynDq7zlIlUjp-_JRSWZF9snIDL33Bf6yx8uxL0Ed4SUtHP1_-v23lSK8re2h-DqpiY1tkBRvjpVxNmOpHGXj6FCBnoOPrAnTI_m2hhPVd-lAKWzbt8cCCl3M0GiYbqSedb-OsO_c-XxP7_dxbWow_ukuc4sHr7cC37uu0CWTLNa3yOP8XFjYBsZGZ1ZfXWV3ThfSmRRn-RPo1r-mgUIa7Y1Jo1G2sAOT8Qbx7wLB7T8i_Zo8rcNPE5MDlSNxrAU4oJhlh72k27n_hn1UAefkODZHnwkN-FsPYyhDDVojLDHRnhJct4prrrZkuoJLL7FQvXoSAuTGsU1oTibrPkmt49ZPJv6ckibZ4TdDCag32I0NN211oHZAu2bf8u09EdbMqCsoYtXZ9gLuj4kFrlZDkBd3o8FIo2qctWJ6wz7v1H2ewg1YiG_c8NG0nNKh4qn4KkTZxqifwoYwdqlObTEYbvqB31aJLc2DjZqOrmLmRxh-FxCn0-vsaAdIF3SM1TeOZLnxNjBMdMqUm0XeyjDhmGZc4W4H=w1141-h758-no

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/fkCwjdZ5NvTsHvy9kBCnn91SBIxNRykNEFdZJQ7_iwGcvr64uF210nClPuJfXMffjSWPMMoVDTNZrDawUsEweM1SBF1o17Egphr7tltMWljvGGR8tyvWB_f8zDAqkxCLASAP4ykpHkyQm4Wy9NCzakM_IUYrLS7ed2DNOREBVlz6wqrpoovK7-fuXKwxZYfk14_BlMKWQeXTL4AbjfnjtAe7BcyyUzjcJvGrckOFEAbW6pqi6VTYC26RlvaGRlyTwi8BQURKs7bRmApVJ-8v1gOuxGA3ahorEFHegG_m0cO8rZMnTGHug6hik_QhKqh9fw4QzyZ6CneH0eO4sJLsS3rKpiuq96YJm9tLu55Pm8sTGEcNJBrmJ7lq5ZMsALG0D-cSFe4_lV9M0VmJWWcELK1IILGo6THEMF6qymTxp72AviG58l0Z5MW8nD67fwG7oAVrd4UYa26w9warioOiyHznvd-SK5-9A_9BPtsSwtQm7JV8e4YiF2M-lIUaExu_aQZ8s4RMaDhZ_5DnIki---CVvjdSPsKcdnDtT0joNJscBCDudxadQTgZeiTUY8lLbzJCcMbkP8m4vlAtEYW6yl-pNl1Q89yoFLWF743mU1mu7F_wFF72TiEcd2VpmF6Kta44wim1VUiPtHaUFC1CXIps3TsSw7OSjf40NINlXW69naaIONsN1ZEXHbE8ZSvBh_0VQcdNUZuSs6kytAExQejK=w1141-h758-no

King&James
Jun 9, 2019, 4:50 AM
^^^ hopefully not just visting ! Hamilton23 any hints.... ;)

JordanRiver
Jun 10, 2019, 12:17 PM
Soil drilling and sampling normally occurs early in the design phase. If this is the case, RC3 is a long ways from excavation.

hamilton23
Jun 12, 2019, 3:08 PM
^^^ hopefully not just visting ! Hamilton23 any hints.... ;)

This is for Phases 4 & 5 ! Phase 3 testing was completed long ago. Phase 4 & 5 testings has been going on for months already.

The design Phase has been completed for Phase 3. They simply taking forever samples prior to excavation.

HammerTeim
Jul 30, 2019, 7:37 PM
Not to beat a dead horse but after sifting though several dozen posts of arguments, I'm still confused about the lobby situation. As a potential renter I'm hoping someone can clarify a few things.

1. If I understand correctly, you can loiter and work on the second floor of the grand lobby, but can you actually enter/exit the building through its doors?

2. Is this access universal to all tenants or just those who paid extra for the lobby usage (assuming the fee isn't already mandatory for all units?)

Thanks for any tips.

hamilton23
Jul 31, 2019, 8:36 PM
Not to beat a dead horse but after sifting though several dozen posts of arguments, I'm still confused about the lobby situation. As a potential renter I'm hoping someone can clarify a few things.

1. If I understand correctly, you can loiter and work on the second floor of the grand lobby, but can you actually enter/exit the building through its doors?

2. Is this access universal to all tenants or just those who paid extra for the lobby usage (assuming the fee isn't already mandatory for all units?)

Thanks for any tips.

To answer your questions:

1) There are couches and tables and lounges on the 2nd floor of the Grand Lobby. Residents are more than free to use those how they please... it's a lobby...

2) There's no extra fee! Part of the condo fee includes cleanliness of the lobby. It's ranges depening on the size of your unit. Anywhere between $10-25/month included in you condo fee. It's not extra at all. My condo fee is over $500/month and the fee to maintain the lobby is $25..

HammerTeim
Jul 31, 2019, 10:11 PM
To answer your questions:

1) There are couches and tables and lounges on the 2nd floor of the Grand Lobby. Residents are more than free to use those how they please... it's a lobby...

2) There's no extra fee! Part of the condo fee includes cleanliness of the lobby. It's ranges depening on the size of your unit. Anywhere between $10-25/month included in you condo fee. It's not extra at all. My condo fee is over $500/month and the fee to maintain the lobby is $25..

Thanks for the reply! Sounds like it's not the dystopic nightmare that news article made it out to be.

hamilton23
Aug 13, 2019, 9:17 PM
Thanks for the reply! Sounds like it's not the dystopic nightmare that news article made it out to be.

The news article was an opinion piece from 3/250 owners. They provided false numbers and information in general.

urban_planner
Aug 13, 2019, 11:07 PM
Is it spring yet?

king10
Aug 18, 2019, 10:10 PM
Andrew Dreschel: Civil war breaks out at Royal Connaught

https://www.thespec.com/opinion-story/9553998-andrew-dreschel-civil-war-breaks-out-at-royal-connaught/

It appears the lobby issue is still ongoing.

matt602
Aug 18, 2019, 10:54 PM
This is getting very scummy.

"As an added twist, Rudi Spallacci Jr. has officially served notice that if Nolan is dumped by majority vote he intends to run as a replacement candidate."

mattgrande
Aug 19, 2019, 3:46 PM
The collective toll is about $69,000 annually.

$5700/month seems like a hell of a lot of money for maintenance/cleaning of a space like that.

(Speranzini) points out that by retaining ownership, they're also responsible for the cost of maintaining the lobby.

I mean... Not really? If they're charging people for maintenance, you can't really say you're covering the cost of maintenance.

StEC
Aug 19, 2019, 10:14 PM
I have to say all this bad press looks bad for the upcoming sales pitch for the next phases and maybe even resale value of the current units! I think they better all come to an agreement before the bad press ruins a good thing!

I know I wouldn't buy there right now knowing all the dirty laundry being aired out for all to see & hear!

HammerTeim
Aug 27, 2019, 9:50 PM
Some first impressions from someone just moving in. Feel free to correct me if I got anything wrong.

Pros:
- lovely view from the north-facing side. Gore Park and the lake in the distance look great!
- Soundproofing on the doors and windows are fantastic. Being in the middle of the city, the traffic is pretty loud but with the windows closed they are hardly noticeable
- Fancy lobby!
- Rooms are well lit and reasonably equipped
- Beautiful architecture (on the north side at least)

Cons:
- No parcel room :( This seems like a big miss this day and age with the ubiquity of Amazon and dinner kits.
- No buzzer? It appears that I have to physically go down to the lobby to let guests in.
- The hallways are fairly narrow and basic looking, certainly do not exude any of the luxury afforded by the lobby. Also, is phase II finished? The corridor there still has exposed concrete and construction markers.
- Minor gripe, but a no-alcohol policy on the patio seems overly puritanical. The communal BBQ (I assume they work?) without beer is a bit of a wasted opportunity.

I really like the units themselves and the whole idea of the Connaught, but there's an overt sense of cost-cutting in a building marketed as a luxury condo. I'm hoping that some of these cons will eventually be remedied for the building to live up to its potential and truly shine.

SpringLight88
Aug 28, 2019, 11:13 AM
Some first impressions from someone just moving in. Feel free to correct me if I got anything wrong.

Pros:
- lovely view from the north-facing side. Gore Park and the lake in the distance look great!
- Soundproofing on the doors and windows are fantastic. Being in the middle of the city, the traffic is pretty loud but with the windows closed they are hardly noticeable
- Fancy lobby!

Cons:
- No parcel room :( This seems like a big miss this day and age with the ubiquity of Amazon and dinner kits.
- No buzzer? It appears that I have to physically go down to the lobby to let guests in.
- The hallways are fairly narrow and basic looking, certainly do not exude any of the luxury afforded by the lobby. Also, is phase II finished? The corridor there still has exposed concrete and construction markers.
- Minor gripe, but a no-alcohol policy on the patio seems overly puritanical. The communal BBQ (I assume they work?) without beer is a bit of a wasted opportunity.

I really like the units themselves and the whole idea of the Connaught, but there's an overt sense of cost-cutting in a building marketed as a luxury condo. I'm hoping that some of these cons will eventually be remedied for the building to live up to its potential and truly shine.
I've been living in the Phase 2 side of the RC for almost a year now!
• Yes, not having a parcel room sucks, but I know our board is looking into a solution!
• There is a buzzer, but you do still have to go and get your guests as the elevators are fob access only for security reasons. Sometimes we buzz in guests and get them to go in the elevator then call it from our floor.
• It's my understanding, that they are looking at replacing the carpet in both phases which is why there is no carpet in Phase 2. The wear on the carpet in Phase 1 is terrible so they are looking at fixing the problem before it happens.
• You can drink on the patio! They just ask that you don't bring out glass.

King&James
Sep 6, 2019, 10:37 PM
Well could this be it.... RC3 is here

https://twitter.com/RoyalConnaught_/status/1170073558502055943?s=19

urban_planner
Sep 7, 2019, 11:00 AM
Well could this be it.... RC3 is here

https://twitter.com/RoyalConnaught_/status/1170073558502055943?s=19

probably just trying to sell 3 more penthouse units.

King&James
Nov 7, 2019, 5:31 PM
Exactly.... It's coming. Our company wouldn't make those parking signs that say "RC3" If we decided to bail on it. That's not who we are and not who we've ever been.

Lots of Royal C. Twitter teasers on "3" , will we see it launch in 2019?

King&James
Nov 11, 2019, 10:20 PM
Sharing Jason Thorne tweet.... Just a view on RC3 and RC4 against Century 21 / Landmark Place. Not sure why orange vs the two other projects (maybe because they are u/c) . https://twitter.com/JasonThorne_RPP/status/1193712985086320641?s=09

TheRitsman
Nov 11, 2019, 11:56 PM
Sharing Jason Thorne tweet.... Just a view on RC3 and RC4 against Century 21 / Landmark Place. Not sure why orange vs the two other projects (maybe because they are u/c) . https://twitter.com/JasonThorne_RPP/status/1193712985086320641?s=09

Both blue are u/c while the red is proposed.

I'm most excited for the digital visualization tool. Gives us super simple renders most likely. But more to look at!

johnnyhamont
Jan 14, 2020, 7:59 PM
It's not lost on me that there's been nothing - not even another little 3 teaser on twitter - since the LRT cancellation. Can hamilton23 offer any reason to believe that RC3s fate wasn't sealed at that point?

realcity
Jan 15, 2020, 12:45 AM
RC is still advertising its penthouses on twitter/fb. I don't think LRT has much to do with no talk on RC3.

King&James
Feb 12, 2020, 12:42 PM
Maybe....

https://twitter.com/RoyalConnaught_/status/1225534870547574784?s=19

StEC
Feb 12, 2020, 10:40 PM
Maybe....

https://twitter.com/RoyalConnaught_/status/1225534870547574784?s=19

Sure as hell hope so, seems everything in this city moves at a snails pace it's frustrating!

matt602
Feb 13, 2020, 3:34 AM
I still doubt its phase III, probably just announcing a tenant for the former restaurant space. I was down there last week and noticed quite a few changes and a fair amount of activity late into a week night. That photo also looks like it was taken in that area.

King&James
Feb 13, 2020, 4:18 AM
I still doubt its phase III, probably just announcing a tenant for the former restaurant space. I was down there last week and noticed quite a few changes and a fair amount of activity late into a week night. That photo also looks like it was taken in that area.

I wondered about that photo, agree it could be the foyer entry into a space under reno .... although it could be a sales centre :)

movingtohamilton
Mar 1, 2020, 6:29 PM
A Facebook post today. Appears the lobby fight continues to escalate.

Wonder if we'll hear from Hamilton23?

From the FB post (Hamilton Ontario group):

"Hamilton Historic Royal Connaught Update:

The Hamilton Builder has now started to remove our elected Board members by using votes (proxies) from family members and employees that live in the building and from unsold units. They successfully removed our elected President late last year and put in place their own individual - Jeff DiBenedetto - to finish the agenda of the Builder. Sadly, they are now after the rest of our elected Board members. Nobody can help us. Consumer Protection Ontario and the Condo Authority of Ontario have indicated we need to get a lawyer ASAP, but we can't afford to get one."

drpgq
Mar 1, 2020, 9:47 PM
That doesn't seem like great press to have if you are going to be building more towers and trying to sell more condos.

StEC
Mar 2, 2020, 11:06 PM
Based on all the drama, and silence on the next phases I would never buy a unit here!

TheRoyalCon
Mar 3, 2020, 8:10 PM
It looks like awareness is being raised substantially around the issue. Saw the post as well. Additionally, it looks like there has been a recent comment:

"Here is a link to the License Agreement created and signed by the Builder on behalf of the Builder in May 2018 - a year after owners moved in:"

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nbv9g6hz25z28dz/Grand%20Lobby%20License%20Agreement.pdf?dl=0&fbclid=IwAR3OtWw_0EyRN6Oly8TEqCGwTg3_RZnFCxWP-p705kBx3MEwULm9muzQIkE

Oh my. The Builder is having a bad day. Also posted:

In above article, the lawyer on behalf of the Builder [Speranzini] "points out that by retaining ownership, they're also responsible for the cost of maintaining the lobby." Please see section 6.1 (d) of the License Agreement (link above) which clearly stipulates "The Licensee [condo owners] shall be responsible for ongoing janitorial services to maintain the general cleanliness of the Lobby".

atnor
Mar 5, 2020, 2:22 PM
Yeah I don’t know about Spallaci or the RC anymore...very shady and almost criminal. While the interior looks nice, the exterior (especially the south and west facings) are not appealing at all.

A coworker of mine corroborated the comments above. All and all Spallaci Group seems like a scum organization.

realcity
Mar 5, 2020, 4:18 PM
I agree Spallacci Group is a sprawl developer, they got in over their head. Beginning to think the plan for affordable housing under Bratina was better. This turns off everyone thinking about buying a condo downtown in a high-rise. It turns them onto Grimsby 8 floor developments that are car dependent.

matt602
Mar 6, 2020, 12:09 AM
I almost wish the place had stayed empty for just a little longer so Vranich could have snapped it up and restored it back to a hotel. Although I'm happy the building is no longer abandoned now, I was never really fond of the fact that it became a condo.

bigguy1231
Jul 10, 2020, 5:38 AM
They are running ads on facebook for the Royal Con. I don't know who would think that was a good idea given their legal problems regarding the lobby and the shady fees they are charging. I laughed when I saw it.

StEC
Jul 11, 2020, 10:32 PM
They are running ads on facebook for the Royal Con. I don't know who would think that was a good idea given their legal problems regarding the lobby and the shady fees they are charging. I laughed when I saw it.

I seen the ads as well, they are digging in and good for them fighting for whats right!

TheRoyalCon
Jul 15, 2020, 3:07 PM
Excerpts from the meeting minutes are posted to Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/The-Royal-Con-105513027887102/

"Excerpts from minuted meeting (Nov 22, 2019) where Royal Connaught Inc. (also known as the Declarant/Builder) requisitioned a meeting that attempted to remove the entire elected Board and replace them with their representatives. These minutes have been distributed to all owners.

Owners came forward and said they felt bullied into giving proxies for this meeting. Owners that attended the meeting confirmed that the 2-3 individuals who brought the 70+ proxies were working for the Builder or related to the family. There are only 138 voting units (and thus potential proxies) in total, so these 2-3 individuals held approximately half the votes of the ENTIRE building.

Why did the Builder have their lawyer present at an owners meeting? Furthermore, why was the lawyer providing proxies and filling out the majority of voting ballots with these 2-3 individuals? Isn’t an owners meeting supposed to be about the owners?

Later, during the recount, Jeff DiBenedetto, who was elected to the Board by the 2-3 individuals sent by the Builder, brought his lawyer. Why would an owner who is wanting to get onto a volunteer condo Board (and had half the votes of the ENTIRE building) bring a lawyer? Furthermore, what kind of owner can AFFORD to do that?

Lawyers claim the process was "legal", so the Builder should be comfortable with the public knowing how the election was stolen. Royal Connaught Inc's private actions are a far cry from their public persona and it is time to bring the two together and provide some transparency and accountability.

"Technically legal" doesn’t mean ethical."

https://www.facebook.com/105513027887102/photos/pcb.123922789379459/123921612712910/?type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/105513027887102/photos/pcb.123922789379459/123921732712898/?type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/105513027887102/photos/pcb.123922789379459/123921836046221/?type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/105513027887102/photos/pcb.123922789379459/123921969379541/?type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/105513027887102/photos/pcb.123922789379459/123922079379530/?type=3&theater

JordanRiver
Jul 16, 2020, 8:05 PM
Can we leave Owner grievances out of this thread? I’m not sure what RoyalCon is attempting to accomplish here. I’d be more interested in hearing of any updates to Phase 3.

LikeHamilton
Jul 16, 2020, 8:25 PM
Can we leave Owner grievances out of this thread? I’m not sure what RoyalCon is attempting to accomplish here. I’d be more interested in hearing of any updates to Phase 3.

I agree!

Chronamut
Jul 16, 2020, 8:49 PM
I agree!

I also agree - leave that stuff to pm - this forum is about progression on architectural buildings.

CaptainKirk
Jul 16, 2020, 11:47 PM

Agreed 1,000%!

HammerTeim
Jul 21, 2020, 6:53 AM
What's up with the building using two separate utility companies? I know Alectra handles electricity and OH Metering handles water and thermal. Is AC part of thermal? A bit confused since I saw both bills go up quite a bit this month.

TheRoyalCon
Jul 21, 2020, 4:23 PM
What's up with the building using two separate utility companies? I know Alectra handles electricity and OH Metering handles water and thermal. Is AC part of thermal? A bit confused since I saw both bills go up quite a bit this month.

Your AC is part of thermal as is heat. Your unit is heated and cooled through thermal and O.H. Metering.

According to some of the feedback on this page, I am not sure others want to hear about what is going on, but I called O.H. Metering several times to determine how our numbers for usage are derived, especially since past bills were calculated incorrectly.

They could not answer my questions and said there is no way for me to physically check my usage and the rates depend on "stock market-like" activity in terms of cost.

There are 3 standard charges regardless of usage - 1st Water Meter Admin Fee, 2nd Water Admin Fee, and Thermal Administration Fee. They total 25.50 per month per unit. In addition, we pay additional costs through our condo fees as it apparently comes to the building in bulk. So the total you are paying is actually more than what you see on your actual bill (see the formal financials that were sent out by property management for more details on this).

Sometimes your bill includes one month and sometimes it includes two months. I have noticed a substantial increase in my bills as well. I used to pay $40-$50 per month, but that is no longer happening.

For over two years, specific units were not getting nor paying O.H. Metering bills, which leads me to believe it hasn't been managed properly.

I also asked them for an HST number as they are clearly charging HST but they said they didn't have one.

Many people I talked to want to have both services with Alectra and suspect something strange is going on.

O.H. Metering seems to be a side deal with the developer with associated kickbacks, so we are paying for that. The developer set the utilities up this way at the outset.

HammerTeim
Jul 21, 2020, 6:00 PM
Thanks for the explanation. But yeah it boggles the mind how irregular and opaque OH is, especially since this appears to be a pretty common experience.

hamilton23
Aug 16, 2020, 8:01 PM
A Facebook post today. Appears the lobby fight continues to escalate.

Wonder if we'll hear from Hamilton23?

From the FB post (Hamilton Ontario group):

"Hamilton Historic Royal Connaught Update:

The Hamilton Builder has now started to remove our elected Board members by using votes (proxies) from family members and employees that live in the building and from unsold units. They successfully removed our elected President late last year and put in place their own individual - Jeff DiBenedetto - to finish the agenda of the Builder. Sadly, they are now after the rest of our elected Board members. Nobody can help us. Consumer Protection Ontario and the Condo Authority of Ontario have indicated we need to get a lawyer ASAP, but we can't afford to get one."

Hey Everyone,

It's been a while since I've posted or even lurked the forum. I hope everyone is healthy and well given the global health pandemic.

I wanted to provide some clarifications and updates. Sorry for the length of this post in advance.

Phase 3 was initially supposed to launch several months ago... That changed due to COVID-19. There was 0 chance of it being released during a global pandemic. Regardless of your opinions on the pandemic, tens of thousands of Canadians are unemployed due to the pandemic, and thousands have sadly passed, thousands still ill, etc. I understand that other projects in and around the GTA even moved forward with sales during the pandemic or in the last month or so... but that wasn't going to happen with Phase 3. If things continue to trend positively with the pandemic, don't be surprised to see or hear something very soon (I've said this before, but I'm 110% serious)

However, this can change if the pandemic reaches the heights it did during its peak here in Ontario and Hamilton a few months back. Rest assured, it's 110% happening. This cannot be disputed.

In regards to "TheRoyalCon" Facebook Group and User now on these forums... I would like to clarify a few of their claims. Keep in mind... I own and reside in the building too. Regardless of affiliation to anyone involved with the development, I would either keep my mouth shut and not post the following, or I would have sold my place and moved a while ago if the claims were TRUE. I also want to make this clear... I do not represent the developer as a member of this forum, or in anything written on this forum. Every word written in this post and every post on this forum is my sole opinion. I have evidence to support my views regarding the Connaught. However, I need to make things crystal clear, I am not the developer, and what I say is my experience, opinions, feelings, thoughts as an individual.

-The Board of Directors (Phase 1 and Royal Cons Phase) have NEVER paid for the Lobby lease since the condominium was registered. The Board instead issued owners (myself included) a budget for our condo fees that included The Grand Lobby lease, even though they never paid for it... I have these statements and would gladly share them on this forum... but, I don't want to take away from the purpose of this forum. I'm doing this one final time. If anyone wants to D.M. me any other questions related to this B.S., please don't hesitate to D.M. me.

-As previously mentioned by myself on this forum, the grand lobby lease ensures owners that the owner of the lobby will maintain and preserve the lobby for as long as they own it. The owner of the lobby takes responsibility for any repairs and ensures cleanliness, safety, and warranty of the lobby... There are several other items the owner looks after for the lobby. I can't name them all off the top of my head.

- The lobby is like any other condo lobby regarding what you can do in it and what you pay for. Every other condo charges fees for the upkeep, maintenance of a lobby... this isn't anything different. I have one of the larger units in the building, and my costs for the lobby as part of the condo fees, are $7 /month. In comparison, someone with a smaller unit might pay $4/month out of $300 condo fees. I can explain this for hours, but it's pointless.

-No legal matters for the Connaught. If there were, it would be found online and be public record.

- A developer cannot remove people from a condo board! LMFAO.

-This is a public record within the condo... The former Phase 1 Board president was removed by over 80% of unit owners (120 owners in total). How does the developer have anything to do with that.

- At the meeting where the board president was voted out by 80% of unit owners, another board member was overwhelmingly voted out by owners, and another was two votes short of being voted out.

- The new board member in question has nothing to do with the developer? The Royal Cons diluted and paranoid mind makes them believe that because the new board member is not fighting the developer, that they must be "our individual." I urge everyone to read the original quote by The Royal Con... What do they mean by "our individual to finish a job?" Doesn't make sense.

- I know, and many other owners know who the Royal Con is. There are between 2-4 people out of 120 that are still fighting other owners about the lobby and any politics associated with it in their minds. I know the exact person behind the Royal Con Facebook group and the person posting on this Board.

- This person has gone out of their way to make my own life a living nightmare.

-This person has harassed me in person on several occasions. Swearing, screaming and yelling in my face within the condo. They've done this with my loved ones and friends as well.

- The person has been told by the Board of directors to "calm down," "sit down," "please stop," etc., at every single board meeting we've had to date. This person has tried continuously to speak over other unit owners or even the Board that they worship in these posts...

A few weeks back, at the same time, the Royal Con joined this forum and created their Facebook group; they somehow got their hands on the Owners Directory. How this person got, it remains to be seen. It is a confidential document that unit owners are not privy to. It has the name, addresses and other private information of all CURRENT Owners in the building.

The Royal Con wrote a letter accusing unit owners (myself included) of horrendous and damaging acts. Every single one of their 20 bullet points is fabricated in their fragmented mind (s).

There are several investigations into this person's actions.

The actions of Royal Con are not healthy. The person behind this moniker was told about the Grand Lobby before them agreeing to the agreement of purchase and sale for their condo unit. It's also in all of the purchase documents. It's not hidden; there was no motive or agenda to hide anything.
The Royal Con is an angry person. This is the simplest way to put this to rest. I've lived here for over two years and worked here for six years in total.

I have never met someone so angry at pretty much everything in life.
When I purchased my condo here, I was told by my lawyer about every single item in the agreement of purchase and sale. That included the lobby. Most owners are in the same boat... If anyone here actually knows anyone that lives at the Connaught, you would probably see that they were aware of the lobby before purchasing, that they are content with things.

Just like any other condo in the world... There are things that people may be unhappy about (i.e. lack of cleanliness sometimes). This is commonplace, and it has nothing to do with the developer or the people who work for the developer. The condo gets handed over to the owners at the time of registration. Any issues that are "out of warranty" are issues of the condo corporation and unforeseen problems.

I'm trying very hard to not come across as someone explicitly defending the developer, but I can honestly say nothing was done in "secret," nothing was hidden from purchasers.
In terms of water and hydro.... I'm not even sure why this is something that has been discussed in this thread. That's how the utilities were set up. The water is run on geothermal energy, and O+H Metering is the company responsible for this. Water bills and hydro bills have been low.

I haven't posted and been active on this forum for a while because of the purposes mentioned above. The Royal Con ( I won't reveal the person's name myself. I will let the media do that over time) has truly made my life a living hell. The Royal Con is good friends with a few board members, and as a result, the Board has also made my life very difficult to live in the building. The Royal Con has put my life in jeopardy, as well as my girlfriends, the several other owners mentioned in those two letters I mention, based on the horrible and false accusations they claim. Most of the letter is about me. It's challenging... I am not the developer.

I bought my condo on the resale market from a fellow owner and not even the developer. Because I may work for the developer and be related to the developer in some way, it doesn't mean I have anything to do with any angst or issues The Royal Con has. Unfortunately, this person has trouble thinking clearly and cannot understand this.

The toll this has taken on my health is severe. I am happy to be back on this forum. I would be glad to answer any questions anyone might have about Phase 3 (If I can answer the questions, I will) answer questions about some of the penthouses and commercial spaces.

I would rather stay on topic, however. There is no reason for this thread to be hijacked about someone's discontent about a building that is no longer Under Construction, and that has been registered and under the sole management of a property management company and corporation for over two years... This forum is about developments, design, rumours of developments, etc. It makes 0 sense to give someone the time that some of you have given the Royal Con. If you want details on the frivolous crap, just send me a message, and I'll respond to you ASAP.

To clarify, quite a few penthouses sold during the pandemic. For those mocking advertisements on social media regarding the penthouses because of this B.S. that "Royal Con" has shared with you all... the ads must have worked!

Essential to take things here at face value. Especially when that person is hiding behind a stupid alias, I'm not hiding behind a pseudonym. I believe my real identity was shared a year ago. I'm Rudi Spallacci Jr. I have nothing to hide about that, and I'm happy to engage in constructive discussion with you all about the actual development. I'll let condo corporations and property managers deal with the sideshows.

I'm not personally interested in that. I've bee attacked too much for no reason. I'm trying to find peace in my own home, and The Royal Con is trying to create an environment of toxic hate. If I'm going to continue posting here, please stick to stuff about the actual development of Phase 3.

Thank you. Feel free to D.M. me if you wish.

hamilton23
Aug 16, 2020, 8:12 PM

Pros:
- Fancy lobby!

Cons:

Hey! Welcome to the building fellow neighbor. I'll address the cons you mentioned as best as I can. If your in Phase 1, I can address these issues better. Phase 2 has a very good hold on things as far as I'm aware of. If you live in Phase 2, most of these concerns I'm about to address will likely be addressed in a positive way. I have no idea if they will be in Phase 2.

No parcel room :( This seems like a big miss this day and age with the ubiquity of Amazon and dinner kits.

This was the decision of the board of directors. There is an extra cost associated with paying for extra services from the security guard company. If the board doesn't agree to pay that extra cost (I don't know what it is) it was their decision. We were accepting parcels for a long time. When Phase 1 fired the security that was joint for Phases 1 & 2, because they accused them of being spies for the developer, that has changed how the security companies accept parcels, since the hours of both companies vary in Phase 1 and 2 as a result of the stupidity in Phase 1. If you are in Phase 2, I am confident the corporation will be working on a fix for this issue in the next little while.

Again, something the board can change. When the building was handed over to the owners, a system was in place that only allowed guests to be buzzed into the lobby after calling the resident they are visiting, and pressing 9 on your phone. You then would have to go downstairs, meet your guest, bring them upstairs. This is because the elevator has a security feature with the fobs The fobs allow residents to only access, the floor they reside on, the amenity levels, lobby, parking level (if you have a parking spot) However, the board can change this. It would have to be brought up to them, and a vote would have to take place by the owners If enough people bring it to their attention.

What you’re describing in Phase 2 was completed long ago with carpet. There hasn’t been exposed concrete in Phase 2 for well over a year or more.

This is again something related to the Board of Directors decision. It can be modified if they wanted. However, I have seen a lot of people drink on the skydeck.

hamilton23
Aug 16, 2020, 8:16 PM
It looks like awareness is being raised substantially around the issue. Saw the post as well. Additionally, it looks like there has been a recent comment:

"Here is a link to the License Agreement created and signed by the Builder on behalf of the Builder in May 2018 - a year after owners moved in:"

Oh my. The Builder is having a bad day.

LOL if you think a developer is focused on a facebook post that you posted yourself... you should seek some sort of guidance.

The Royal Con on Facebook is you on here... everything posted is done by you. Why are you speaking in the third person.

Welcome to my life everyone! Freaky....

movingtohamilton
Aug 17, 2020, 2:21 AM
Hey Everyone,

... If I'm going to continue posting here, please stick to stuff about the actual development of Phase 3.

Your decision to post here (or not) is entirely up to you.

King&James
Aug 17, 2020, 3:50 AM
I for one would love to hear more about Phase 3, height, new renderings, number of units , start date on sales etc. So many other projects going up , even with pandemic . Hoping RC3/4 wont require a multi-year dig like Cobalt.

TheRitsman
Aug 17, 2020, 4:08 AM
Guys let's stick to Rampart here

hamilton23
Aug 17, 2020, 10:43 AM
Your decision to post here (or not) is entirely up to you.

Thanks, tips :tup:

The previous two pages are filled with others suggesting the conversation revert back to the intended purpose of this entire forum.

As far as I'm concerned, this isn't a forum to air girevences about a building that has been built and occupied for three years already. If it is, I don't see the threads for the other builds. Maybe you enjoy the drama? They got soap operas for that.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

hamilton23
Aug 17, 2020, 10:46 AM
Guys let's stick to Rampart here

You also like the drama, eh?

hamilton23
Aug 17, 2020, 11:00 AM
I for one would love to hear more about Phase 3, height, new renderings, number of units , start date on sales etc. So many other projects going up , even with pandemic . Hoping RC3/4 wont require a multi-year dig like Cobalt.

Hey,

The height is 36 storeys.

The renderings are entirely new and different from the original placeholder renderings. I can't share them today, but I will likely be able to share them here before going to the market. The aesthetic is stunning. I don't see others that compare downtown.

A project like Cobalt was able to start a while back because they are merely rental units. They aren't condos. If this were a rental, the excavation would commence already too. With a condo, you have to market and start sales first.

If a similar second wave of the pandemic does occur soon, I'm not sure what the gameplan would shift too. Perhaps beginning construction would occur if sales/marketing couldn't happen at that time? I'm not saying this for sure, but the Project is moving forward, and everything is finalized and ready to go.

We've even built a new sales centre. I'm hoping the expected timeline for the sales launch goes as planned.

movingtohamilton
Aug 17, 2020, 7:33 PM
Thanks, tips :tup:

The previous two pages are filled with others suggesting the conversation revert back to the intended purpose of this entire forum.

As far as I'm concerned, this isn't a forum to air girevences about a building that has been built and occupied for three years already. If it is, I don't see the threads for the other builds. Maybe you enjoy the drama? They got soap operas for that.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

You seem to enjoy the soap opera that you have contributed to, despite your protestations to the contrary. But who knows.

You wrote multiple paragraphs yesterday on this never-ending story.

hamilton23
Aug 17, 2020, 8:36 PM
You seem to enjoy the soap opera that you have contributed to, despite your protestations to the contrary. But who knows.

You wrote multiple paragraphs yesterday on this never-ending story.

I haven't posted or even been on the forum for at least a year. I do apologize if you believe that an owner of a unit defending the truth is a "soap opera." Unfortunately, since I haven't been on here for a year, I had to correct a lot of false claims that could potentially harm my property value. The very stuff you seemed to indulge in based on your posts in this thread. Therefore, I also apologize for looking out for my investment.

I don't enjoy any of this. I do enjoy discussing developments within Hamilton and at the Connaught. Did you end up moving from Toronto?

I'm sorry, but is this not a forum for developments? I'll stick to discussing that topic. I will defend myself, my investment and home, however.

Chronamut
Aug 17, 2020, 8:54 PM
Hey,

The renderings are entirely new and different from the original placeholder renderings. I can't share them today, but I will likely be able to share them here before going to the market. The aesthetic is stunning. I don't see others that compare downtown.

A project like Cobalt was able to start a while back because they are merely rental units. They aren't condos. If this were a rental, the excavation would commence already too. With a condo, you have to market and start sales first.

If a similar second wave of the pandemic does occur soon, I'm not sure what the gameplan would shift too. Perhaps beginning construction would occur if sales/marketing couldn't happen at that time? I'm not saying this for sure, but the Project is moving forward, and everything is finalized and ready to go.

We've even built a new sales centre. I'm hoping the expected timeline for the sales launch goes as planned.

We all have a tendency to get off topic - I am no exception - Also sorry that this got personal for people - regardless noone deserves to have their name run through the muck.

But I agree in bringing this back to the topic of construction - can't wait to see the new renders Rudi!

lachlanholmes
Aug 17, 2020, 11:59 PM
Hey,

New aesthetic - new Architect by any chance? Could you share that?

hamilton23
Aug 18, 2020, 12:20 AM
New aesthetic - new Architect by any chance? Could you share that?

Send me a DM

escolt45
Nov 18, 2020, 3:45 AM
Hi I just bought a unit in the RC and and am/was ecstatic with my purchase only to discover this thread. Why is the lobby such an issue? It was in the condo docs I signed. I knew I was paying for it and just assumed it was part of the condo fees. Also, I just received an application for heritage status notification in the mail and I saw some owners were protesting. Why is this a problem? Isn't it a good thing that our building is heritage status? Doesn't this increase the value and prestige? Does anyone know what the issues are with heritage designation?

ChildishGavino
Nov 18, 2020, 4:00 AM
They likely think the designation will mean increased fees for "heritage preservation efforts" or something of the sort. I don't live in a historic building or a condo so it's just a guess really.

movingtohamilton
Nov 18, 2020, 4:22 AM
Why not start by asking your fellow condo owners, rather than posting here first?

ChildishGavino
Nov 18, 2020, 4:58 AM
Might not know his neighbours yet and was on the forum anyways. Besides, we were talking about it before.

movingtohamilton
Nov 18, 2020, 12:05 PM
Good point. Makes sense.

HamiltonBoyInToronto
Nov 18, 2020, 2:29 PM
Any news on this project? I saw some new signage on the side of the east wall

HamiltonBoyInToronto
Nov 28, 2020, 5:34 PM
What is "The Moderne" on the east side of the Royal Connaught? Does this have something to do with the 36 storey condo going up next ?

lachlanholmes
Nov 28, 2020, 7:50 PM
What is "The Moderne" on the east side of the Royal Connaught? Does this have something to do with the 36 storey condo going up next ?

Looks like it, they’ve launched a website of the same name (http://modernecondos.com).

Innsertnamehere
Nov 28, 2020, 8:05 PM
Great news! I wonder if they will launch this or Metro condos first. Phase 3 is the tallest tower here right?

ScreamingViking
Nov 28, 2020, 9:25 PM
Looks like it, they’ve launched a website of the same name (http://modernecondos.com).

Awesome news. Hopefully we see the latest renders soon.

King&James
Nov 29, 2020, 12:49 AM
Finally! and excellent news. Interesting that Art Deco hints being introduced . Hope we can see a really eye-catching design and with the approved plans to be in excess of the new Table-Top 30 mandate, will be one that stands beyond the rest (well, that is, except for Landmark/C21).

johnnyhamont
Nov 29, 2020, 2:50 AM
Great news! I wonder if they will launch this or Metro condos first.

Neither have begun sales yet. I presume they'll want to hit a certain sales target before even beginning construction on either one?

davidcappi
Nov 29, 2020, 3:06 AM
I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Chronamut
Nov 29, 2020, 3:26 AM
Awesome news. Hopefully we see the latest renders soon.

Apparently details will be coming in the next couple of following weeks - they are still finalizing things.

davidcappi
Nov 29, 2020, 3:30 AM
~

HamiltonBoyInToronto
Nov 29, 2020, 1:32 PM
Just saw the new renderings and if this happens it will change Hamilton's skyline and really up Hamilton's game !!! 🎉🎉

TheHonestMaple
Nov 29, 2020, 2:05 PM
Just saw the new renderings and if this happens it will change Hamilton's skyline and really up Hamilton's game !!! ������������

Where did you see them?

StEC
Nov 29, 2020, 2:37 PM
Just saw the new renderings and if this happens it will change Hamilton's skyline and really up Hamilton's game !!! ������������

DON'T LEAVE US HANGING lol

escolt45
Nov 29, 2020, 5:00 PM
Hi everyone,

Here are the renders,

All credit should be given to the RC3 development team. This looks great IMO. That corner and the existing RC towers are definitely add some much needed upscale living to the downtown area. I hope that some great restaurants/businesses fill in the ground floor commercial spaces.

http://modernecondos.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/Phase-3-Hero-Rendering.jpg

http://modernecondos.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/moderne_building2.jpg

http://modernecondos.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/Phase-3-Rooftop-Patio-2_lr-1.jpg

http://modernecondos.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/amenities_fw.jpg

http://modernecondos.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/amenities_fw2.jpg

http://modernecondos.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/amenities_graphic.png

http://modernecondos.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/amenities_main.jpg

http://modernecondos.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/locale-02.svg

http://modernecondos.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/residence_bath.jpg

http://modernecondos.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/moderne_home3.jpg

http://modernecondos.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/residence_main.jpg

http://modernecondos.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/residence_kitchen-zoom.jpg

http://modernecondos.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/residence_terrace.jpg

http://modernecondos.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/residence_floorplan.png

Hawrylyshyn
Nov 29, 2020, 5:37 PM
Honestly, a little disappointed.. the tower just a jumble of different things, and top part especially seems like a mess (the podium is perfect though).

I LOLed at their depiction of Crown Plaza too

urban_planner
Nov 29, 2020, 5:41 PM
Honestly, a little disappointed.. the tower just a jumble of different things, and top part especially seems like a mess (the podium is perfect though).

I LOLed at their depiction of Crown Plaza too

I agree, nothing special. Probably going to be years before we actually see this built anyway.

ZTrade
Nov 29, 2020, 6:14 PM
https://i.imgur.com/UYnUM8f.png

StEC
Nov 29, 2020, 7:36 PM
Damn this is beautiful especially by Hamilton standards, will definitely be a game changer in the core and THAT PODIUM wow! Love all the amenities as well, really stepping up the luxury game in the city.

Thank you escolt45 for posting the renders! :cheers:

EDIT: Looks like 36 or 37 floors? What counts are you getting?

Innsertnamehere
Nov 29, 2020, 9:15 PM
Today:

https://i.imgur.com/1MyNzHH_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

ChildishGavino
Nov 29, 2020, 9:28 PM

Holy Shit you weren't kidding. I hope that podium's built well, if it's like the renderings then it'll really really improve the area :D I do hope they're well on their way to construction, because wow has this has got me excited :P

escolt45
Nov 29, 2020, 10:06 PM
Also, here are all the links to their website:

http://modernecondos.com/home/

http://modernecondos.com/building/

http://modernecondos.com/residences/

http://modernecondos.com/amenities/

http://modernecondos.com/locale/

:notacrook::happybirthday:

TheRitsman
Nov 29, 2020, 10:34 PM
These types of amenities just end up being a money suck at the end of the day. I've owned a condo in Burlington for quite a while and many of these types of amenities never get used.

What would be better in most places would be to have public amenities which are subsidized for condo residents. For example the gym in my condo building is okay, but not the same as Crunch, LA Fitness or GoodLife. It would be nicer to have a GoodLife on the first couple floors with subsidized memberships for condo members, or in the case of kids rooms, a real daycare where residents could get free or reduced price spaces.

Would the scotch tasting bar be open to the public? If not, what would be the point? How often are people going to go to a private tasting bar in their own condo building?

I'm not a fan of the random jumbled glass that seems to pass for "modern". The first few floors are nice if done properly, though I don't have faith in the Spalacci group at all to not use like stucco and precast. It also dwarfs the old beauty of the original Royal Connaught. One of the most prestigious and beautiful buildings in the city being outdone on scale by multiple times immediately adjacent. I'm just not a fan. Whatever though, I guess density and housing is good, no matter the look and cost...

davidcappi
Nov 29, 2020, 10:39 PM
This looks like the hottest new Liberty village condo release circa 2008. Terrible. Clunky and inelegant.

lachlanholmes
Nov 30, 2020, 3:31 AM
This render is more honest and also appears to be more recent seeing when it was uploaded to their site:

https://hamiltonforward.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/hero-scaled.jpg

Honestly, don't know why folks are so excited over this design - while floors 1 through 7 could turn out well, I'm not holding my breath as you need a real commitment to material quality to achieve that - and the rest of the tower is architecturally bankrupt. That crown of grey window wall spandrel is particularly awful.

A real disappointment - one of the few towers to reach above the escarpment height limit, an opportunity to make a statement with high-quality architecture, but this is what we get.

I cannot think that developers are doing themselves or the development industry as a whole a service by putting up dreck like this. It gives an excuse to NIMBY naysayers to argue against future projects and it does nothing to encourage support among pro-development individuals who care about the built environment and architecture.

Crapht
Nov 30, 2020, 4:12 AM
Yeah, this thing is a mess. There are no excuses for this monstrosity. They have had years to put together something exceptional and they've settled on this. It's embarrassing. The only solace I find in it is the fact that I doubt it will ever be built. I hope for something incredible on the Main street portion of this property one day. This is NOT it.

Chronamut
Nov 30, 2020, 5:52 PM
Hi everyone,

Here are the renders,

All credit should be given to the RC3 development team. This looks great IMO. That corner and the existing RC towers are definitely add some much needed upscale living to the downtown area. I hope that some great restaurants/businesses fill in the ground floor commercial spaces.

http://modernecondos.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/Phase-3-Hero-Rendering.jpg

http://modernecondos.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/moderne_building2.jpg

http://modernecondos.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/Phase-3-Rooftop-Patio-2_lr-1.jpg

http://modernecondos.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/amenities_fw.jpg

http://modernecondos.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/amenities_fw2.jpg

http://modernecondos.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/amenities_graphic.png

http://modernecondos.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/amenities_main.jpg

http://modernecondos.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/locale-02.svg

http://modernecondos.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/residence_bath.jpg

http://modernecondos.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/moderne_home3.jpg

http://modernecondos.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/residence_main.jpg

http://modernecondos.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/residence_kitchen-zoom.jpg

http://modernecondos.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/residence_terrace.jpg

http://modernecondos.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/residence_floorplan.png

I was a bit iffy on this until I saw the updated renders above which show it with the black accents instead of the white - I actually think it looks pretty good - in THIS render hehe..

that and I love the stone, kinda wish some more detailed elements and cornice stone work would be done to tie it more to the connaught but I realize that's mucho $$$ so I am ok with what is there - this is mostly parking garage the podium anyways from what I recall.

I actually really like how the dark brick continues all the way up tying it into the connaught colours and the podium. It's amazing how much of a difference a few tweaks can make :)

The entranceway reminds me of the novotel entrance in toronto with the arches and recessed entrance - I really love that :)

Although I am not sure WHERE they got that building render across the street from it lol..

johnnyhamont
Nov 30, 2020, 6:05 PM
Given where this is at regarding approvals, will it have to go on its own to the DRP?

Innsertnamehere
Nov 30, 2020, 6:11 PM
Given where this is at regarding approvals, will it have to go on its own to the DRP?

The zoning is in place so it's just site plan. I'm not sure if the building recieved SPA approval previously or not.

craftbeerdad
Nov 30, 2020, 7:42 PM
Find it hard to believe they'd be able to upsell downtown to this degree. These would be a minimum 600K and up. The developers believe they could sell 30 plus floors with scaled increased costing units? I mean you can buy a house still close to downtown for the staring price of some of these new builds (kiwi). Maybe in 10 years when stuff is well underway for the core but this seems a bit farfetched in the current environment. Need more infrastructure to support people who would be putting down a pretty penny for these units. Who knows. Either way could be better. Brick balconies?

The art deco advert materials don't really make sense with the renders. For the old part sure.

Chronamut
Nov 30, 2020, 7:49 PM
Find it hard to believe they'd be able to upsell downtown to this degree. These would be a minimum 600K and up. The developers believe they could sell 30 plus floors with scaled increased costing units? I mean you can buy a house still close to downtown for the staring price of some of these new builds (kiwi). Maybe in 10 years when stuff is well underway for the core but this seems a bit farfetched in the current environment. Need more infrastructure to support people who would be putting down a pretty penny for these units. Who knows. Either way could be better. Brick balconies?

The art deco advert materials don't really make sense with the renders. For the old part sure.

I am NOT complaining - any sort of craftsmanship styles should be welcomed - and toronto people will always be a market for these places.

craftbeerdad
Nov 30, 2020, 8:21 PM
Didn't say you were, in fact I am. You're surprisingly positive on this one.

The views would be spectacular once you get to the last 1/3rd of the building.

johnnyhamont
Nov 30, 2020, 8:40 PM
Brick balconies?

Right? so weird.