how the hell did you make that bridge?
please i need to no

Derek
Jun 24, 2007, 11:01 PM
Excellent job! :tup:

Patrick
Jun 25, 2007, 9:41 AM
Thanks for the comments, I really appreciate them! :banana:

Your bridge looks almost EXACTLY like the Ben Franklin Bridge in Philadelphia. Did you base it on it or use it as a point of reference or is it just a kooky coincidence?

Oooh, you got me! Yeep, based off of the Ben Franklin Bridge, the real only differences is the roadway and the thickness of the towers.

Hey, what can I say? Its a nice bridge? Perfectly matches Staunton.

There will be a new bridge next to the (Its the Jefferson Bridge, I keep accidentally calling it the Callahan Bridge) most likely a Stone Bridge, Brooklyn Bridge Styled maybe?

how the hell did you make that bridge?
please i need to no

Its hard to explain! The simple way is doing a straight roadway, and building the towers areound them. This time, I did a curved roadway, like real world bridges, the result was great, but IT WAS a disaster to make, I only reccomend doing a curved bridge if your really experieced.

I still want to put more detail in the roadway, but you know how you cant edit curved faces.

Anyways

It might not be Staunton, but I'm cranking out models for 3D Warehouse,

Mainly LA Buildings:

While sometimes Kerkythea sucks, (the KPMG Tower's roof textures dint show up)
http://i19.tinypic.com/5xz6uzq.jpg

Other times, well, well.....
http://i9.tinypic.com/4zabyf8.jpg

Patrick
Jun 25, 2007, 10:12 AM
oops. dont mind this post.

rbowk
Jun 25, 2007, 11:18 AM
thanks

Mocholate
Jun 25, 2007, 12:44 PM
nice nice nice nice nice nice and more NICE !!!!

are you studying design Patrick ?

Peter
Jun 25, 2007, 2:58 PM
very cool and realistic LA buildings :cool:

Patrick
Jun 25, 2007, 7:40 PM
nice nice nice nice nice nice and more NICE !!!!

are you studying design Patrick ?

Well I'm only entering 9th Grade, so no, not yet.

Ahh I dont really like to think of my future, I'd much rather slack off and ditch school with my friends :haha:

I really just do 3D Modeling for fun. I have no Idea what I want to use, or what can I use, my "skills" for in the future.

Mocholate
Jun 25, 2007, 8:00 PM
:haha: well you definately could have a future in architechture etc

foxmtbr
Jun 25, 2007, 8:07 PM
Ooh, so nice. :)

foxmtbr
Jun 25, 2007, 8:32 PM
Ooh, so nice. :)

FlyersFan118
Jun 26, 2007, 6:38 AM
Oooh, you got me! Yeep, based off of the Ben Franklin Bridge, the real only differences is the roadway and the thickness of the towers.

Hey, what can I say? Its a nice bridge? Perfectly matches Staunton.

Its hard to explain! The simple way is doing a straight roadway, and building the towers areound them. This time, I did a curved roadway, like real world bridges, the result was great, but IT WAS a disaster to make, I only reccomend doing a curved bridge if your really experieced.

Tell me about it. Bridges usually take me days to create, because I end up designing and redesigning and fixing size differences and redesigning and erasing over and over again until I finally get it close to what I was envisioning in my mind (especially with the "Golden Gate" based bridge I made - god, that took two weeks.

Patrick
Jun 26, 2007, 10:05 AM
^Amen brotha, bridges are a pain, but i'm very happy with the result of the Jefferson Bridge.

As one by one a district gets detailed and redoneish, I'll show pics soon, curently I'm working on the Prestegious Civic Center, so look out for City Hall Park and City Hall's sexy detailing.

One of my Favorite Angles, The Waterfront.
http://i11.tinypic.com/6hds9s6.jpg

Mocholate
Jun 26, 2007, 11:25 AM
Still NICE and yeah the bridge matches the city perfect!!! , my city hates building bridges so much they decided to just build tunnels :haha:

Peter
Jun 26, 2007, 3:54 PM
bridges certainly are tough! and quite frusterating :yes: but they are nice when complete :cool:

and that really is a great view patrick!

Tanster
Jun 26, 2007, 6:11 PM
thos are some nice L.A buildings. How long does it take you to make??

poiman
Jun 27, 2007, 9:58 AM
Mocholate: what is the building you have in your avatar?
would like to create it in sketchup to put in my city.

Mocholate
Jun 27, 2007, 1:29 PM
Hi. thats the Q1 -Gold Coast Australia - the worlds tallest residential building :tup:

Patrick
Jun 27, 2007, 7:57 PM
The Civic Center is done, heres some info.

City Hall Park

You see Three Major buildings in the pic, I'll start with the front three, left to right.

Prosperity Plaza
Completed in 1916, on of Staunton's Oldest Skyscrapers, one of the city's most prominent towers. Although hardly seen in the skyline, it is however popular on TV Shows and Movies. The building, mainly City Offices, is however known for its huge ballroom on the upper floors of the building, and its oversized wrap-around balcony perfect for huge parties. It rises 514 Feet, 36 Floors.

City Hall
Constructed in 1925, one of Staunton's favorite buildings, known for its gigantic pillars at the buildings base and lovely tower. Original City Hall, now unfortunantly demolished was too small for Staunton's Standards at the time. Although, New City Hall is a little too big for the City's Standards today. Rising 605 feet, 43 Floors, the Tower no Longer stands out in the Skyline, but is still the Crown Jewel of Downtown. At 605 feet, it is currently the World's 2nd tallest City Hall.

The Plaza
Completed in 1986, one of THE most luxurious Office Buildings Downtown. So many amenities, views, all that good stuff. Constructed Controversially over the Original AtlanticBell Communications Building. It rises 557 Feet, 41 Floors, Modeled off The Tower in Los Angeles.

The Buildings in the Background

Johnathan Goodman Federal Courthouse
824 Feet, World's Tallest Courthouse (Hey, Staunton, the City of Justice, needs a huge Courthouse) 6th Tallest In Staunton, 59 Floors. Named after America's favorite Mayor. Completed in 1931. Modeled off NYC's Thurgood Marshall United States Courthouse.

Lloyd Tower Staunton
One of the City's most Controversial Towers. It all started in 1985, when the Project was first announced, of Course, much taller, Super-ego Ronald Lloyd planned the Tallest Building in the World, right in Staunton, of course, it was voted down. He presented a new Plan in 1987, 914 feet, making it Staunton's 3rd Tallest not counting Spires. Although the Approval Committe voted "NO", it was still, controversially constructed. Why no? Well It completly overshadows City Hall, so when Standing in Front of City Hall, the Lloyd Tower Stands over it, almost looking like an extension. It Stands in the Civic Center, who would want a Luxurious Hotel/Condo there? The Building was largly disapproved all over the city, but with time it grew on Staunton. The Building has a mall, the bottom floors are Hotel, the top are EXTREMLY luxurious Condominiums. The Penthouse, with 2 rooftop pools, Dance Floor, Basketball Court, Skylights, private elevator, and much more, was occupied by Ronald Lloyd from 1991 to 2002, where Staunton Fell apart, and the Lloyd with his 5th Wife (now on his 7th) moved to NYC, to the Original Lloyd Tower.

Alexander Galviston II, purshased the penthouse in 2002, as he was the only one who could really afford it. Alex, only 31, Throws the BEST parties on his penthouse, your've gotta be really ,famous, cool, rich, or sexy, to get invited.

Being on the 76th Floor, The Paparazzi, so desprate, use helicopters to see the party.

http://i12.tinypic.com/6cgs4gh.jpg

Lookin Down Trinity Boulevard.
http://i17.tinypic.com/523593l.jpg

poiman
Jun 27, 2007, 8:45 PM
Hi. thats the Q1 -Gold Coast Australia - the worlds tallest residential building :tup:
it will be more difficult to create it in sketchup than what I was expecting.:yes:

Mocholate
Jun 27, 2007, 9:00 PM
Patrick , thats frikin awesome !!

no probs poiman , yeah the spire parts would be tricky :haha:

foxmtbr
Jun 27, 2007, 10:08 PM
Beautiful!!

Patrick
Jun 27, 2007, 10:09 PM
Way out in the Burbs
http://i14.tinypic.com/6biypeu.jpg

foxmtbr
Jun 27, 2007, 10:17 PM
WOAH! VERY awesome! :rock:

CGII
Jun 27, 2007, 10:28 PM
Not very far from the burbs, eh? :haha:

Dac150
Jun 27, 2007, 10:37 PM
:shrug: Patrick, can you please give a large photo update or something!!!!!!!!!!!!! It seems the only pictures you ever post are the same skyline shots. We all agree that they are wonderful, but show us more of Staunton.

Patrick
Jun 27, 2007, 11:00 PM
Not very far from the burbs, eh? :haha:

Um yeah. I really want to do the burbs soon. Downtown's Island turns into rowhomes and such torwards the end, then its suburbia. Staunton has lots of suburbia. :yes:

:shrug: Patrick, can you please give a large photo update or something!!!!!!!!!!!!! It seems the only pictures you ever post are the same skyline shots. We all agree that they are wonderful, but show us more of Staunton.

Oh good, somebody finally gives a request. Your Right, I do only post skyline shots. But what do you mean, I mean all the City Hall stuff is new. Sorta.

The problem is Staunton has become slow again, 31.1mb. So updateing is really not very thrilling anymore. Theres no more Downtown to go.

After Staunton Square, We have hit some sort of wall, I mean, where do I go next? I want to do Jefferson, but I got nothin! I dont have much Insperation right now. All I'm doing is a Detailing Staunton. You know, for street shots.

I mean if you guys are tired of Skyline Shots, (I'm sick of them, but everyone seems to like them) I'll show other stuff.

What do you people wanna see? No one really says anything :haha:

Mocholate
Jun 27, 2007, 11:03 PM
can i request you do something like a "fred and shirls holiday snaps of staunton " ?

Patrick
Jun 27, 2007, 11:10 PM
^?

Mocholate
Jun 27, 2007, 11:23 PM
pretty much like what dac150 asked snapshots as if you were on holidays there and some more info and stuff on the sights :cool:

Patrick
Jun 28, 2007, 2:03 AM
Its just really hard to do these kind of things. My computer is soo slow, it just sucks. Couldnt you buy more Virtual Memory? Or More Computer Memory? Either way, ma dad wont support me in anyway, of course, when did he EVER do. (except getting enough money to send me away to Art School, so I'm not around) fuck that piece of shit. Apparantly i'm spoiled, but having cable TV and Internet in my room is just basic for teens this day. Shit, I dont ask for an ipod, or a cell phone thats not 3 years old, i'm not in a costly sports program. I dint get anything for christmas, my birthday, or graduation, like everyone else.

oh well. enough of my problems.

Hopefully I can talk mamama into it. :yes:

Tanster
Jun 28, 2007, 2:40 AM
an angle view from the top like flying on a plane would be something new
i think

Peter
Jun 28, 2007, 2:53 AM
that's a good idea tanster.

or how about shots from inside of buildings. i always like them. perhaps some of those?

also, maybe you could take it to the next level and make movie clips of Staunton? i was thinking about doing one in the future though i don't know how to go about doing something like that.

FlyersFan118
Jun 28, 2007, 4:14 AM
How about a waterfront street shot? Maybe an updated map directly above the city? Just throwing ideas out there.

On that note, I was working on a REALLY cool football stadium earlier, and sketchup froze and closed, but didn't autosave like it usually does. I'm PISSED.

Patrick
Jun 28, 2007, 6:22 AM
I cant make videos, I need the advanced Sketchup. Which you have to buy.

I guess I can do a map? and Inside Shots, well I'll give it a try!

Well, you guys want NEW, so heres NEW.

Heres the NEW Staunton National Bank. To the left, the Fairview Hotel, to the right, the Richard O' Donnelly Federal Center.
http://i10.tinypic.com/6bjfq03.jpg

From Cannery Park.
http://i17.tinypic.com/53uie5t.jpg

Atop a nearby Parking Garage, Kerkythea's Texture Glitches continue.
http://i18.tinypic.com/68kxyea.jpg

Mocholate
Jun 28, 2007, 11:06 AM
:tup: they look great . the plane view sounds good

i'll swap you PC's if you want , mine cant even make Kerkythea work:haha:

Dac150
Jun 28, 2007, 3:57 PM
Patrick that is exactly what I am looking for! Shots of individual buildings, street shots, waterfronts, stuff like that.

Here's something else. You speak of the grand Lloyd penthouse in you descriptions. Well lets see it. Seeing the inside of these great buildings would be awesome.

Peter
Jun 28, 2007, 7:33 PM
ohh yeahh :cool: lookin good and i agree with Dac that the insides would be great to see. i know you've done them before, wella at least one off the top of my head.

how about a view from the street looking straight up into the sky with buildings overhead?

Patrick
Jun 28, 2007, 8:54 PM
Ok expect some office shots soon. But still an airplane shot? I dont know about that, but if you just want an aerial shot:
http://i12.tinypic.com/4qne99v.jpg

A little tour around the Civic Center.

6:24am, Downtown Cluster

The Three Towers to the right:
- The Plaza (Police Headquarters)
- One Gateway Plaza (CIA & FBI Headquarters)
- United International Group Insurance Building

http://i8.tinypic.com/4kc46jm.jpg

11:39am, as requested by Peter
http://i15.tinypic.com/53tkokz.jpg

2:16pm, City Hall
http://i8.tinypic.com/53pfwhh.jpg

6:48pm, Civic Center Park, We see the
- Lloyd Tower (Penthouse Shot soon)
- City Hall
- The Plaza (Police Headquarters)
- The New Jersey Post Building

http://i14.tinypic.com/4lzrjfd.jpg

Peter
Jun 28, 2007, 9:49 PM
Lloyd Tower looks fantastic in that last shot. i'm prety sure that's my favorite building you've made. plus, it's not designed after something real, i recall you wrote before, so that makes it even better!

also, great job on the view looking up and the scene infront of the City Hall. the people, cars, trees, ect are set up so perfect, not to mention the building itself looks very real.

now looking forward to "inside" shots :cool:

Dac150
Jun 28, 2007, 9:56 PM
That first shot was jawdropping!!!!!!!!! Amazing stuff. Shots like that were exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!!!!! I am also looking foward to the interior shots, especially the penthouse.

Patrick
Jun 28, 2007, 11:17 PM
Thanks!! ^I never planned an interior in the Penthouse, although I will show an exterior view of it.

Here IS a try at an Office Interior at One Galcorp Plaza, 38th Floor.
http://i15.tinypic.com/4u9371z.jpg

Heres a bonus of the actual view.
http://i17.tinypic.com/66syl1h.jpg

Dac150
Jun 28, 2007, 11:27 PM
That is so awesome! Things like that are what i am looking for. Please keep it up.

FlyersFan118
Jun 29, 2007, 5:35 AM
great stuff there!

Just wondering, if staunton's starting to become less exciting, are you planning on a new city? are you ever going to start up the LA type city again?

Patrick
Jun 29, 2007, 6:24 AM
Well Staunton will not nessisarily become boring, We still need a Stadium, Arena, Rowhomes & Lofts, the Richard O' Donnelly Airport, the Jefferson Port, a Train Station plus:

After Staunton Island, there still is two more major areas: A Brooklyn Styled Area: Jefferson, including a 2nd Downtown, which should be intresting, and a New Jersey Styled Area (Which I'm looking forward to!) New Gantton, with sprawling (deserted) Freeways, Abandoned Farms and Neighborhoods, Huge Industrial Parks, the New Ganton Port & Landfill.

So theres lot to build, but I dont want to leave Downtown after detailing it out, so expect some new buildings, and plenty of Street Scenes.

Oh, and I dont think Oceanside is coming back, I really want to focus on Staunton till the burbs.

Tanster
Jun 29, 2007, 6:51 AM
awsome city

Derek
Jun 29, 2007, 6:54 AM
I agree with you focusing on Staunton because it is basically orgasmic. :)

Mocholate
Jun 29, 2007, 7:28 AM
:banana: thats the shit

i'm happy knowing theres more to come , the proposals sound great :tup:

City hall looks awesome as they all do

wouldn't mind seeing maybe 4 aerial shots (one for each point of the compass ) just to get a feel for the layout better :D

Dac150
Jun 29, 2007, 2:22 PM
All of your proposals and ideas sound great. I am really looking foward to seeing them. And thank you so much for taking the time to fulfill my requests.

Peter
Jun 29, 2007, 2:43 PM
the office shot is amazing i love those types of inside shots. Otahita needs some. i can't wait for the suburbs, even though i'm sure they won't be for a while. keep it up ;)

Patrick
Jun 30, 2007, 8:37 AM
Thanks all!

Since Summer has been so annoyingly hot, all my friends out of state (who WOULDNT want to leave arizona for the summer) I'm stuck at home.

Lets talk about
Cannery Park West
Staunton's largest urban redevelopment project.

This WAS Cannery Park City (Now Cannery Park West)

Done Quickly, but decently.
http://i10.tinypic.com/5zmqagy.jpg

This is it now. Instead of deleting the residential towers and making it more like NYC's Battery Park City, I stayed with the 1970's Chicago Apartment Tower's, which I think was a much better choice.
http://i11.tinypic.com/4vg8w2c.jpg

Before Cannery Park West

The Old meatpacking District, had been completly abandoned since the early 1960's. The district, had fallen into complete disrepair, had become a target for the 1970 Vietnam War Riots, due to the Kent State Shootings and Cambodia Invasion, riots formed in Staunton Square, an etimated 200,000 prostesters participated. The Riots where defantly the Worst in Staunton's history, the SWAT Team and Police brutally beat several rioters, and even shot several times into the crowd. and resulted in 5 deaths, and the almost complete destruction in the abandoned Meatpacking District, due to several fires caused by the rioters.

In 1972, plans where drawn up to completly clear the area for a new Residential Office Complex. The Project was lead by Alexander Galviston the 1st and Mayor Johannson. Alex Galviston, had already had plans for his Twin Towered Galcorp Plaza, which at the time, was going to be the World's Tallest Buildings, although due to Financial Problems (Galcorp was just starting in the 70's) across Westly Street. Construction on his massive project would not commence until 1976.

The District was cleared out, after several years of planning, a 6 Towered Residential complex was chosen. Construction started in 1976, dirt from the nearby Galcorp Plaza was used to expand the land for the project.

Phase One - 1979 to 1985

Cannery Park West is a planned residential neighborhood intended for Middle Class citizens.

The Towers of the background are as follows, left to right:
- Cannery Pointe
- Ganton View
- Birmingham Plaza
The Towers in the foreground, left to right
- West Cannery Place
- North Cannery Place
- East Cannery Place

The Area in the foreground originally was all parking lots, since the 90's recreational places have been added over them. The Goodman Pavillion was added in 1999, where the city voted the outdoor theatre to be named after their favorite mayor. The New Ganton View Park was added over a Parking lot in 1993.

http://i19.tinypic.com/4u137zt.jpg

Since it appears in both pics.

Phase Three - 1998 to 2000

Phase three of Cannery Park West, includes 2 modern office towers and the Green Pavillion. New Jersey Plaza One and Two where constructed in 1998 and 2000. The towers, with their highly desirable Address and Views had no problem becoming one of Staunton's most sucessful office towers.

The Building's two largest tenants in the two buildings are the Jaimes Insurance Company and Coppers Brothers, the building owners have chose not to brand the modern buildings with logos. Unlike the Staunton Financial Center.

The Green Pavillion is an outdoor theature for the cities Preforming arts, some plays are free, some are not. The Pavillion is named after Mayor Green, completed in 1999.

Phase Two - 1985 to 1990

The Staunton Financial Center had gone through many redesigns in the 1980's. The City chose the modern 5 Towered plan. The Towers, are one of, if not, Staunton's most prestegious office Complexes, next to Galcorp Plaza. The unblocked New Ganton views, indoor gardens, shops, easily accesible location, its own Marina, and rolling outdoor gardens makes the Staunton Financial Center truly a prestegious Complex.

- Derril Flynch occupies 60% of SFC 1, the Smallest Tower, completed in 1985
- The News Garner Corporation's World Headquarters is located in the SFC 2, the Tallest Tower, completed in 1986. The Tower has the destinction of being New Jersey's 4th Tallest due to its massive spire. The Slanted Top is home to mechancial uses and a luxurious Resturant.
- Cybersoft has its World Headquarters in SFC 3 & 4. Tower 3 Completed in 1988, unlike the other towers, Tower Three Dosnt have a decorative top.
- Tower 4, Cybersoft's other Headquarters Building, along with Tower 5, is the most decorative of the complex. The Tower was completed in 1989, and has the distinction of being the 8th Tallest in Staunton, due to its spire.
- US Airlines occupies most of Tower 5. Tower 5 has a domed top and was the last to be completed, in 1990.

Other Aspects include:
- All Towers connected with bases or skybridges.
- Each Tower has its own Glass Domed entance on Westly Street and the Waterfront.
- The Project has rolling gardens and lawns.
- The Final structure added was the New Ganton Marina, the City's largest, and most sucessful, constructed in 1990. Today many rich citizens use it to park their sexy boats there.

http://i8.tinypic.com/4mv0rh4.jpg

Heres that Old One Galcorp Plaza emporis page brang from the dead.
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/8392/0000001zw1.jpg

foxmtbr
Jun 30, 2007, 8:39 AM
Woah!!! Absolutely sexcellent!!! :drool:

Peter
Jun 30, 2007, 7:31 PM
:cool: those buildings are fantastic and sooo sexy (your word, i know) but it's true! i loved the history as well. question: is the Emporis page real or a photoshop?? it's awesome :D

Mocholate
Jun 30, 2007, 10:24 PM
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c297/choppdat/images.jpg

what can i say ? just brilliant , the story rules and the detail on the Financial centre is mind blowing , you just keep coming up with excellent ideas

Patrick
Jul 1, 2007, 8:37 AM
Thanks all!!

Peter - Well its fake, I just recreated it :)

Nothing New. We've all seen this before. Now with the new Cannery Park West, I'll be improving the area around Galcorp Plaza & Garden State Tower, surprisingly, much of that area is completly vacant.

Are those skybridges over Westly Avenue?
http://i18.tinypic.com/4pkq61z.jpg

Dac150
Jul 1, 2007, 2:06 PM
Great job as always Patrick. I love the Financial Centre.

FlyersFan118
Jul 2, 2007, 3:10 AM
wow, skybridges!

Peter
Jul 2, 2007, 3:45 AM
interesting last image. the skybridges are nice.

Derek
Jul 2, 2007, 3:53 AM
¡Muy excelente!

foxmtbr
Jul 2, 2007, 6:14 AM
Great, as always! :)

Patrick
Jul 4, 2007, 7:28 AM
ugh. sooooooooooooooooooooooo bored. Cant wait for my homedizzles to comeback from Chicago and other places. Lotta people move from Illinois to Arizona, oh my.

Well, I'm sure you all know where this is.

Its Back! Jefferson. I'm having a teeny problem with making it look more shittyer. More Parking Lots maybe? Well Jefferson this time will be a mix of the Bronx and Brookyln, it should have a nice little Financial District, we already got 3 concept towers there.

Downtown is way to the right, all we see is BTCBE (Below The Callahan Bridge Entrace) a spin of (DUMBO: Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass). The empty space to the left will be the home to the New Baseball Field, I dont know if RegionBank will occupy it anymore, since all the RegionBank Buildings never made it to New Staunton.

The Stadium, like the original, will be under the Callahan Bridge, (sortof), with the field facing Downtown, and will still be home to the Staunton Bullsharks.

http://i15.tinypic.com/680dcw8.jpg

Patrick
Jul 4, 2007, 7:30 AM
yikes.

Patrick
Jul 4, 2007, 7:37 AM
ugh!

Patrick
Jul 4, 2007, 7:40 AM
not again!

Patrick
Jul 4, 2007, 7:42 AM
double posts!!!

Patrick
Jul 4, 2007, 7:43 AM
aah!!!

Patrick
Jul 4, 2007, 9:55 AM
test?

Mocholate
Jul 4, 2007, 12:23 PM
I think you'd need to drop an A-bomb to make that look shitty ! :haha:

Good stuff !

Derek
Jul 4, 2007, 5:35 PM
I can't wait for this stadium. :)

FREKI
Jul 4, 2007, 6:08 PM
http://i11.tinypic.com/4vg8w2c.jpg
OMG so awesome!!!! :worship:

Austin55
Jul 4, 2007, 6:16 PM
^^^I Agree Staunton Rules the best city here!:cool:Good luck making it look bad.

foxmtbr
Jul 4, 2007, 9:04 PM
Nice! I can't wait to see the stadium completed!

Patrick
Jul 5, 2007, 10:20 AM
Thanks! Incase, no one saw it in the Photoshopped Skylines Thread:

It seems I've gotten addicted to Photoshopped Skylines.

"The Great American City" My New Desktop yo.
http://i8.tinypic.com/54mvcyu.jpg

And look! I'm making a newer, larger, one, maybe this time including landmarks from around the world? I mean, I already got Sydney & Australia.

Heres a Preview:
http://i15.tinypic.com/67rasd5.jpg

Mocholate
Jul 5, 2007, 10:48 AM
It looks cool , i hope you do some more night picture manipulations :cheers:

FlyersFan118
Jul 5, 2007, 6:37 PM
ugh. sooooooooooooooooooooooo bored. Cant wait for my homedizzles to comeback from Chicago and other places. Lotta people move from Illinois to Arizona, oh my.

Well, I'm sure you all know where this is.

Its Back! Jefferson. I'm having a teeny problem with making it look more shittyer. More Parking Lots maybe? Well Jefferson this time will be a mix of the Bronx and Brookyln, it should have a nice little Financial District, we already got 3 concept towers there.

Downtown is way to the right, all we see is BTCBE (Below The Callahan Bridge Entrace) a spin of (DUMBO: Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass). The empty space to the left will be the home to the New Baseball Field, I dont know if RegionBank will occupy it anymore, since all the RegionBank Buildings never made it to New Staunton.

The Stadium, like the original, will be under the Callahan Bridge, (sortof), with the field facing Downtown, and will still be home to the Staunton Bullsharks.

http://i15.tinypic.com/680dcw8.jpg

yikes.

ugh!

not again!

double posts!!!

aah!!!

test?
http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/7673/postwhorehd1.jpg :haha:

Jefferson looks awesome!

Austin55
Jul 5, 2007, 7:09 PM
Dallas deserves a spot on that Rendiring:yes:

Peter
Jul 6, 2007, 12:18 AM
Jefferson is bodacious and oh-so-tubular!! :cool: keep it comin'...

and, Patrick, btw, i'm bored too. unfortunately for me, i'm not even waiting for anyone. i guess i just have a boring life.

Patrick
Jul 6, 2007, 12:38 AM
and, Patrick, btw, i'm bored too. unfortunately for me, i'm not even waiting for anyone. i guess i just have a boring life.

Come on Peter, everyone has their ups and downs. You life cant be boring.

My life sucked for a good portion of my life, (just lots of bad shit goin down espesially between 2006 - 2007, wooh a bad bad time), but now things are looking up. Of course, Staunton is developing quickly because I have nothing else to do.

I just cant wait to go back to California, got a shitload of friends there, oh yess. Almost everyone in Arizona is freakin twofaced fakeasses. But there are some cool people here. Meh.

BTW, anyone got Myspaces here? :)

Dac150
Jul 6, 2007, 12:40 AM
How about an update. I really want to see those skybridges!

rbowk
Jul 6, 2007, 1:04 AM
hey patrick have you got a supertall for you city like the tallest cause that would be interesting for the city in my opinion ?

rbowk
Jul 6, 2007, 1:06 AM
hey patrick have you got a supertall for you city like the tallest cause that would be interesting for the city in my opinion ???????

FlyersFan118
Jul 6, 2007, 2:49 AM
hey patrick have you got a supertall for you city like the tallest cause that would be interesting for the city in my opinion ???????

I think his Galcorp building is over 1,000 ft.

Dac150
Jul 6, 2007, 2:53 AM
Patrick-

I think you should make 2 Galcorp Plaza as high as 1 Galcorp Plaza. If the economic crisis is over and this guy has billions, I think it will look cool.

Just a thought-

Austin55
Jul 6, 2007, 2:58 AM
:previous: yea or maybe temporilily do that.

Dac150
Jul 6, 2007, 3:00 AM
:previous: yea or maybe temporilily do that.

???:shrug:???

Austin55
Jul 6, 2007, 3:02 AM
just make it taller show us and hit the undo button. does ssp have a spellcheck?:haha:

Patrick
Jul 6, 2007, 8:49 AM
hey patrick have you got a supertall for you city like the tallest cause that would be interesting for the city in my opinion ?

Staunton would be America's 4th largest city, I dont think it deserves the country's tallest building, especially in New Jersey! 1 Galcorp Plaza and the Garden State Tower are well over 1,000 feet

1 Galcorp Plaza - 1,159 Feet
Garden State Building - 1,128 Feet

Supertalls, No?

Patrick-

I think you should make 2 Galcorp Plaza as high as 1 Galcorp Plaza. If the economic crisis is over and this guy has billions, I think it will look cool.

Just a thought-

I dont know if you saw, but I rewrote Staunton's history, the Economic Crisis no longer exists (kinda dumb dont you think?) It was more of a Real Estate Stock Market Crash, effecting Mainly Staunton around 2002.

City Rejects Second Galcorp Tower

July 6th 1984

"We dont need another one of these things!" - Mayor Jean Clark

With the completion of the Galcorp Plaza back in 1979. The second tower was halted halfway due to Financial Problems. But things took a turn for a better as Galcorp slowley becomes one of the World's Largest Companies to date.

Plans for an exstension of the Second Tower where brang back to life in 1981 a few years after the complex was completed. The Tower would have rose to the same height of its brother tower: 1,159 Feet, 89 Floors. The two towers would have a striking simularity to New York's World Trade Twin Towers.

The Plans were voted 3-17, the Tower wont be happening.

"One is enough, this is almost rediculous as Ronald Lloyd's 2,000 Foot Tower plan for the new Cannery Park West"

If the Tower was constructed, it would sucessfully block out one of Staunton's most famed Landmarks: The Garden State Building. When not overshadowed by the Gigantic towers, it would be complelty covered out.

Artist's Rendering of the Two Towers from New Ganton Port
http://i9.tinypic.com/502oubl.jpg

Artist's Rendering from Jefferson
http://i15.tinypic.com/53u64aa.jpg

----

GALCORP Enterprises, Staunton, New Jersey Based Company 1889, headquartered in Downtown Staunton. Currently the 3rd Largest Company on Earth.

In Other news, its 100 degrees outside, at 1:47am
Yikes NO this is ARIZONA, not Staunton.

Photoshopped Jefferson Shot. (Not a very good one I might add)
http://i10.tinypic.com/4lt54kj.jpg

http://i13.tinypic.com/5y7ci15.jpg

foxmtbr
Jul 6, 2007, 9:07 AM
Ooh! Interesting to see the twins! I'd have to agree with the council though, it would certainly be too much of a good thing. :)

Dac150
Jul 6, 2007, 1:42 PM
The twins really add a lot of appeal to the city.

CGII
Jul 6, 2007, 3:24 PM
Is that terrain I see in the last shot?

Peter
Jul 6, 2007, 3:48 PM
it's great the city did not finish the other Galcorp building. it really would have looked too much like NYC then :haha:.

oh and that shot you said isn't very good is one of the best views i've seen of the city so far. i will admit that it would have looked better without the photoshop effect you added in, but it still looks pretty gnarley if you ask me. :cool:

Austin55
Jul 6, 2007, 4:08 PM
Exactly wat i was saying. Excellent:cheers:

Mocholate
Jul 6, 2007, 5:23 PM
yeah , the proposal would have taken the focus off the rest of the city , good choice by the council :tup:

FlyersFan118
Jul 6, 2007, 7:52 PM

I'm guessing it's the bridge?

Patrick
Jul 7, 2007, 7:42 AM
Thanks! Looks like everyone is glad there is no twin tower :yes: I never did intend a second tower. The Galviston Enterprises Tower was just one city block, but as time progressed, I recladded the box next door and turned it into a 2nd Tower addition.

As the city progressed, so did the complex. I redid the 2nd tower to have the same footprint as its brother, but turned around. A skybridge attached the two towers, then an elevated plaza which later turned into termanating the road and putting the plaza over it connecting the identical towers with smaller buildings.

While I never did think of putting it as an exact Twin Tower, I did rewrite history to say that it was originally supposed to be a Twin Tower.

If some of you havent noticed, Galcorp Plaza is based off of the World Trade Center, (Wait unti you see the smaller buildings).

The twins really add a lot of appeal to the city.

I do like the view from New Ganton but eh, everywhere else the towers are too much of an obstruction.

I'm guessing it's the bridge?

Yeah, thats the entrance to the Callahan Bridge. :)

Other than Jefferson, I'm working on a 2nd Project. I'm redoing the rather quicky done Tip of the Island. I'm replacing the half-assed towers with much more detailed ones. Many of the towers will have a Chicago insperation.

http://i18.tinypic.com/54n8l61.jpg

http://i8.tinypic.com/62h87bm.jpg

foxmtbr
Jul 7, 2007, 8:30 AM
Holy shit.

Mocholate
Jul 7, 2007, 10:38 AM
excellent , so do you have 3 SU projects going , or is Jefferson a photoshop project? me confused :P

Patrick
Jul 7, 2007, 7:01 PM
excellent , so do you have 3 SU projects going , or is Jefferson a photoshop project? me confused :P

I dont make buildings in actual Staunton. Its too slow. I cut out city blocks, then develop them, then paste em back to Staunton.

So Jefferson and The Tip of the Island a 2 going on at the same time.

Austin55
Jul 7, 2007, 7:49 PM
Looking good! look at the post #

FlyersFan118
Jul 7, 2007, 8:56 PM
Sweet!