PDA

View Full Version : Staunton - A Google SketchUp City

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Austin55
Apr 13, 2008, 8:17 PM
ohh,wow. the photoshoping actually looks betteer than normal. the first one seems really bright and glowy,especcialy Trinity back there.

I would love to see some modern lowrise. you know with the funky shapes and shoved in between rowhomes tht are so popular nowadays. Staunto is a very glassy city,especially on the side with the Financial center. some modern,glassy,curvy things on the side from jefferson would look pretty sweer though,behind all the new lowrises. the contrast would look neat,but I wouldent go solid glass. think mostly glass like Trump Chi,or some other things in chicago.

But keep it up,ethier way!

Aleks
Apr 14, 2008, 2:02 AM
I love this picture, it looks so...Idk I just love it. And I love that blue building with the curved roof. I also like that middle building. Reminds me of the Qwest Tower here in Seattle.
The view from the Galcorp Plaza.
http://i28.tinypic.com/1418lu0.jpg

I like this picture too but what are the concerts about?:shrug:
The view around Westly Avenue & 11th Street.
http://i30.tinypic.com/2625ovq.jpg

Austin55
Apr 14, 2008, 2:06 AM
Bands performing live? concerts?

But who would wanna lease Galcorp plaza?:haha: JK

mnkymanfoo11,qwest towers location,Unless he talking about quest plaza,

1600 7th Avenue
Seattle WA United States

mnkymanfoo11
Apr 14, 2008, 2:08 AM
Where's the Qwest Tower in Seattle I have no idea what or where it is?

In the second shot looking up the street on the left side, the old tower there is the the GSB or is it some oher building? It looks pretty cool with all the setbacks.

Aleks
Apr 14, 2008, 2:39 AM

mnkymanfoo11,qwest towers location,Unless he talking about quest plaza,

1600 7th Avenue
Seattle WA United States

But, there's like57 Saturdays in a year. That many bands? Are they like large famous bands or like local bands or both. I wouldn't do it in a plaza. Bitches, pay up if you wanna see/heat the band.

treras93
Apr 14, 2008, 3:12 AM
Wow! patrick looks great!:tup:

i think you guys are looking to much into the sign:koko: :haha:

besides if it were real it doesn't necessarily mean its a dif band every saturday...

Patrick
Apr 14, 2008, 3:45 AM
Staunton is a very glassy city,especially on the side with the Financial center.

What! No it isnt, I mean just the Staunton Financial Center is really the only big glassy thing besides the Southport Towers in Staunton.

I like this picture too but what are the concerts about?:shrug:

But, there's like57 Saturdays in a year. That many bands? Are they like large famous bands or like local bands or both. I wouldn't do it in a plaza. Bitches, pay up if you wanna see/heat the band.

Yes pretty much, bands playing live. But these arent like major bands, just new fresh ones of different types.

The Galcorp Plaza isnt just a tri-towered office complex, but also has two hotels and a shopping mall. The Galcorp Plaza is a popular destination for locals and tourists to eat/dine/shop. So every Saturday evening, at its most popular time, a band will play in front of the crowd, many whom are dining. What a night! Get it now? Major bands arent allowed to play in the plaza, as this has only happened a few times, its a big place but also a fancy place and too many people will trash the plaza, not to mention the traffic in Downtown because of a major concert. So if any major band will play Downtown, it will be at the Monmouth Park West stage (not built yet, but a huge outdoor apitheature by the Staunton Financial Center).

Theres bands playing at my mall every week on Saturdays usually at night, thats were I got the idea from.

Hahaha but yes the Galcorp Plaza is one of the most prestegious office spaces in Staunton and is almost fully leased.

In the second shot looking up the street on the left side, the old tower there is the the GSB or is it some oher building? It looks pretty cool with all the setbacks.

No thats not the Garden State Building, its the Stevenson Insurance Building, its been with Staunton for a long long time, I'll post some info on it eventually. :yes:

verticalextropy
Apr 14, 2008, 3:54 AM
PAtrick acutally Staunton's looking god too.
GODcorp next?

mnkymanfoo11
Apr 18, 2008, 12:18 AM
Really looking foward to some updates, we can't comment if there is nothing here guys.

Wrightguy0
Apr 20, 2008, 1:07 AM
Love the plaza view, the building right across the road from the plaza reminds me of the old 7 WTC and the stevenson insurance tower looks pretty sweet too.

EDIT: Just looking through some old pics of staunton, pat would the textures on the stock exchange be from the Jewelers Building in chicago?

Dac150
Apr 20, 2008, 3:37 PM
I really like the plaza. It's a fine example of my architectual liking. I also like the creativity in regards to the concerts. It's a good way to bring life to a plaza, park, etc.

I remember the WTC had those in its later life as well. In fact, I believe there was one slated to take place in and around the time of the attack. The only reason I remember that is because I saw a stage there and a few banners at the time.

Keep it how it is though. It fits the complex well.

Aleks
Apr 21, 2008, 5:59 AM
hmmm... Galcorp Residential Tower?

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/3680/thepeshtigoni7.jpg
Link (http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=128596)

Other than the shape I see no resemblance but the shape really stands out.

Patrick
Apr 27, 2008, 8:33 AM
Love the plaza view, the building right across the road from the plaza reminds me of the old 7 WTC and the stevenson insurance tower looks pretty sweet too.

Yeah thats the Atlantic Security Bank Building, I plan on redoing it, honestly I really dislike the building and its poor quality, I plan to make it look more confined and windowless in some parts, the idea was that the building would be one of the most valuable buildings in Staunton, home to Atlantic Security Bank, and several coffices from the FBI to the CIA, pretty much and modeled off of the original 7 World Trade Center.

This was the original building from the last version of Staunton.

http://i31.tinypic.com/259daft.jpg

EDIT: Just looking through some old pics of staunton, pat would the textures on the stock exchange be from the Jewelers Building in chicago?

Yup, well the Stock Exchange Tower dose use the Jewelers Building's textures, the Stock Exchange itself (I think I've only showed once) is also modeled off of a building in Chicago, I don't know its name but I think its on Wacker Drive nearby the Jewelers Building, 35 East Wacker, right?

hmmm... Galcorp Residential Tower?

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/3680/thepeshtigoni7.jpg
Link (http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=128596)

Other than the shape I see no resemblance but the shape really stands out.

Yeah I really like this new building proposed for Chicago, I really hope it gets built, and yes! It dose look like the Galcorp Building :yes:

So its been like 2 1/2 Weeks since I've updated, and I've put up some postmodern buildings (nothing over 40 floors) near Callahan Village, they dont make a huge impact on the skyline but are noticable, I'll post a skyline shot soon.

As Downtown comes to a close, this is what I'll me working on:

http://i29.tinypic.com/14w3aqw.jpg

Blocks and blocks of Warehouses & Lofts around the Jefferson Bridge, its actually harder to find good textures for these buildings to avoid using the same textures over and over again.

Ahh expect more soon?

Wrightguy0
Apr 27, 2008, 11:17 AM
It all looks cool

And yes jewelers is 35 E.Wacker, I can also see some of The Chicago Board of Trade, perhaps that's the one you're thinking of, it's at the intersection of Lasalle and W. Jackson Blvd.

treras93
Apr 27, 2008, 1:50 PM
Lowrises look awesome! very nicely done:tup: cant wait for the skyline shot

Dac150
Apr 27, 2008, 3:03 PM
That is going to look fantastic when you paste it into the city. I found it amazing on how much better lowrises actually make a city look. The realism will jump out at you.

verticalextropy
Apr 27, 2008, 3:05 PM
That's a great block Patrick.
I totally agree with Dac on that, but it's also the most difficult part of it all because cities are mostly made of low rises - except for Asian cities.

Peter
Apr 28, 2008, 4:29 AM
As hard as it may be to find different textures, it's certainly worth the effort. They all turned out very real. :tup:

Patrick
May 2, 2008, 6:27 AM
I don't want freshmen year to end! But 16 more days, summer, should be a lot done on Staunton.

So I haven't done much, but I've been thinking of new Ideas:

- Yes the New Ganton Bridge is in the future, looking into Staunton's infastructure as well, I'm trying to figure out how to shape the Island withough ripping off Manhattan.

- Centennial Park? A major park between Downtown and Midtown, also in the forcast. Much like Central Park, but I'll try and back away from the simple recangulat grid park plan.

- Midtown, will defanantly happen, I've been trying to figure out the skyline, it wont be nearly as dense as Downtown, nor will it have a new tallest, think of it as a Detroit sized skyline. The tallest building, I envision will be the 5th tallest in Staunton, will have a huge company logo letterboard on it, a real art deco style, and have some sort of huge monument atop it, like an angelic figure. Think of it as Staunton's Empire State Building, besides the GSB.

- Culture & the Rest, I still need an Opera House, Train Station, Modern Art Museum, Area, Football Feild, Baseball Feild, Museum of History. I'll make more stories about Staunton's culture, the Galviston Family arent the only Celeberties in Staunton, theres Also "Jessica Love" a major actor and artist, and "Johnny Heartland" famous stuntdevil and astronaut. I also will need a main man from the Staunton Scorpions (Basketball), Staunton Bullsharks (Baseball) I STILL NEED A NAME for the Football Team and possibly a new one for the Baseball Team, someone help! Staunton Square will be much more realalistic, Staunton will be one of the world's fashion destinations. So for example, originally Staunton Square was all covered with company billboards, now you'll see models and fake celeberties.

Of course thats all in the future :yes:

http://i27.tinypic.com/nnlmh5.jpg

[SP]Neo
May 2, 2008, 6:24 PM
very interesting plans! i'm excited to see your ESB based tower!
keep it up

Dac150
May 2, 2008, 6:42 PM
First off, I am taken back on the beauty of that picture. I just can't get over how beautiful and real it looks.

I am highly looking foward to seeing what you come up with. All your plans sound fantastic, and I don't doubt they'll look great.

verticalextropy
May 2, 2008, 8:25 PM
Sounds good for the future of Staunton, that last picture is just perfect.

Peter
May 2, 2008, 8:31 PM
That was a very stunning view of Staunton.

All the future plans sound great.

Aleks
May 2, 2008, 11:07 PM
I dont want freshmen year to end! But 16 more days, summer, should be a lot done on Staunton.

SOO Ive havent done much, but I've been thinking of new Ideas:

- Yes the New Ganton Bridge is in the future, looking into Staunton's infastructure as well, I'm trying to figure out how to shape the Island withough ripping off Manhattan.

- Centennial Park? A major park between Downtown and Midtown, also in the forcast. Much like Central Park, but I'll try and back away from the simple recangulat grid park plan.

- Midtown, will defanantly happen, I've been trying to figure out the skyline, it wont be nearly as dense as Downtown, nor will it have a new tallest, think of it as a Detroit sized skyline. The tallest building, I envision will be the 5th tallest in Staunton, will have a huge company logo letterboard on it, a real art deco style, and have some sort of huge monument atop it, like an angelic figure. Think of it as Staunton's Empire State Building, besides the GSB.

- Culture & the Rest, I still need an Opera House, Train Station, Modern Art Museum, Area, Football Feild, Baseball Feild, Museum of History. I'll make more stories about Staunton's culture, the Galviston Family arent the only Celeberties in Staunton, theres Also "Jessica Love" a major actor and artist, and "Johnny Heartland" famous stuntdevil and astronaut. I also will need a main man from the Staunton Scorpions (Basketball), Staunton Bullsharks (Baseball) I STILL NEED A NAME for the Football Team and possibly a new one for the Baseball Team, someone help! Staunton Square will be much more realalistic, Staunton will be one of the world's fashion destinations. So for example, originally Staunton Square was all covered with company billboards, now you'll see models and fake celeberties.

Of course thats all in the future :yes:

http://i27.tinypic.com/nnlmh5.jpg

Great Post! I like to hear that you'll start adding history. And teams and whatnot. Sounds great about the new building. That Staunton's "Empire State Building" is gonna look great and I can't wait to see. I love glassy architecture but Art-Deco is awesome.

Also, 16 more days? Holy shaites. We get out in June 17!

neilofSD
May 3, 2008, 5:05 PM
^ Yay! Someone else who has to wait until actual summer for summer vacation! We don't get out until the 12th or 19th of June.

Anyways, can wait to see more and I love that picture, new desktop background for me.

CGII
May 4, 2008, 11:27 PM
Ha! I'm already out!

Fuckingfantastic shot, there, too, though I'm a little dismayed by the choice to make an ESB and Midtown for Staunton, because it's already too NY based. I'd suggest you take this the Philly route and instead start building lower density neighbourhoods. If you should build another big business district, I'd recommend you put it in Jefferson.

Patrick
May 5, 2008, 12:30 AM
Fuckingfantastic shot, there, too, though I'm a little dismayed by the choice to make an ESB and Midtown for Staunton, because it's already too NY based. I'd suggest you take this the Philly route and instead start building lower density neighbourhoods. If you should build another big business district, I'd recommend you put it in Jefferson.

Well I never picture Staunton having a Midtown at first, Downtown was dense enough, but now that Staunton's Downtown has shrunk for a city its size, I'm thinking a Midtown wouldnt hurt.

I tottally agree with you though, Staunton is too NYC based.

- I'm currently working on Fort Staunton Park (no longer Monmouth Park), originally this park was a complete rip off of Battery Park, now Fort Staunton Park will include historical "Fort Staunton" and wont be as large, it will look more like Pittsburgh's Point State Park, and have a larger Ferry Terminal, this time not looking like New York's.

- The Staunton Empire State Building wont look like the Empire State Building, it will just be Staunton's Empire State Building, you know what I mean? I was thinking of modeling it off of the Essex House in NYC. It will be the tallest building in Midtown, but 5th in the city.

- Midtown wont be very large, a modest sized business district that has seen better times, besides, I need Midtown, for Staunton Square, which I sorely miss.

Peter
May 7, 2008, 3:27 AM
This won't be the Staunton I remember without Staunton Square!! I say do the midtown! If you want to start veering away from a NYC-based city, just don't make any of the midtown giants resemble NYC's.

Patrick
May 7, 2008, 4:45 AM
^Good Idea, I'll try not to base any building off of NYC :yes:

http://i26.tinypic.com/ohmv5y.jpg

http://i30.tinypic.com/v6kkk9.jpg

Wrightguy0
May 7, 2008, 10:53 AM
How bout looking to chicago for inspiration in Midtown?

Austin55
May 7, 2008, 12:44 PM
Yeah! Chicago, maybe like a new city, something stoped development and created a whole new style....

The bridge looks great! Lloyd is awesome

Dac150
May 7, 2008, 4:46 PM
I like the base of the building in the first shot.

I think your Midtown should be like a 'Century City' styled area. I'd also mix a 'Co-Op City' styled area in with it.

Peter
May 7, 2008, 6:13 PM
Those are nice views. That's one thing I really love about Staunton: that you can take a shot from the street level, look in any direction, and it's as if your really standing in the city.

treras93
May 8, 2008, 4:08 AM
those are some awesome shots there Patrick. Lloyd is still my fav. awesome job patrick:worship: :worship:

Aleks
May 9, 2008, 12:42 AM
I like the second shot. The buildings look so real and stuff. And Lloyd looks great. There are some buildings I like too but I don't know the names.

Patrick
May 11, 2008, 2:45 AM
Well I spent most of the day working on the new Rothenburg Center when apparantly sketchup tottaly shutdown, something went wrong with trying to hide trees. The auto-saved version also didnt work, so once really nice Rothenburg Center Plaza, located on the rooftop of the Podium is gone, so I'm stuck with the two towers and two empty blocks.

So I'm sure thats a sign that I'll be taking a break from Staunton.

Background info, I'm working on the Fort Hamilton Park area, once the Battery Park styled area, now replaced for a much less NYC feel.

http://i30.tinypic.com/5vtxzo.jpg

Austin55
May 11, 2008, 4:55 AM
Holy cow! very neat,that heliport is Frikin sweet!!!

yeah,it looks a bit plain,but Im sure youll fix that.:yes:

Aleks
May 11, 2008, 5:10 AM
Did you get the Heliport idea from I Am Legend? It looks cool. It's not too plain. Just needs trees and a base in the Rothenburg Center. There's almost nothing to comment about in Staunton because there's almost nothing wrong with it so it's hard to find flaws.

Patrick
May 11, 2008, 5:37 AM
yeah,it looks a bit plain,but Im sure youll fix that.:yes:

Did you get the Heliport idea from I Am Legend? It looks cool. It's not too plain. Just needs trees and a base in the Rothenburg Center.

Well of course its plain! Its not done yet, All that empty area to the left will probably be home to the Fort Hamilton Park, Fort Hamilton itself (Fort Staunton was actually a district in GTA III, so I dont want another ripoff) and some sexy old buildings.

Do you guys like the federal plaza? I wasnt sure what else to put there, expanding the park would be too Battery Park Like.

Holy cow! very neat,that heliport is Frikin sweet!!!

Did you get the Heliport idea from I Am Legend? It looks cool.

Well NYC dose have some heliports by the water, I think all island cities do, easy access, no objects around. Hah, I was just watching I am Legend a few hours ago (only the cool parts, I dont really like the movie). I just finished watching Cloverfield :yes:

There's almost nothing to comment about in Staunton because there's almost nothing wrong with it so it's hard to find flaws.

Ah! I hate that! I love long comments, people usually comment with short statements, oh well thanks! :yes:

Peter
May 11, 2008, 7:40 PM
Must have been a damn bug splat! Those happen for no apparent reason. Well I am sure you'll make it way better than what you had before it crashed.

That's good that you are making it less like NYC. That will help Staunton have it's own personality and not so NYC, which is awesome.

Patrick
May 11, 2008, 9:39 PM
Top 20!

I'd really love to hear what you guy's opinions on these buildings! :yes:

I always thought height to the roof should be used as the real rule for measuring buildings, epecially for the Sears Tower and Petronas Towers, but the worst attempt is at 2nd place by the NY Times Tower, spires are just cheating.

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/6685/00000001wo3.jpg

Austin55
May 11, 2008, 9:58 PM
holy hell!

My favorites
Lloyd
arquete
1201 UAA
four SFC

I think one of the things that makes it look so good is the tremendous base details/textures.:yes: that makes the buildings for me,an they look way more realistic.

hehe,constructive critism,i spot the same texture on four buildings,its suppposed to be on to,but Galcorps texture seems to appear on Met steel lofts and trintty global investments...;) but who really cares?:haha:
I wanna see 21-40:hyper:

oh teah,I heard somewhere there changeing Calcoms facade to a modern glass,when will they start? Kidding,kidding.

Dac150
May 11, 2008, 10:08 PM
You've done well with all of them Patrick. Each one of them has it's own unique aspect that adds to the great skyline. They're very diverse, and that alone makes your skyline very attractive.

My favorites would be the GALcorp Complex, GalOil, Lloyd, & Calcom. I really do like them all.

I also like what you're doing with the Battery Park themed area. The heliport concept, the tunnel, and the ferry dock all work well. I'm sure once you're finished with the final product it'll look great.

Aleks
May 12, 2008, 4:53 AM
They all look great. And Lloyd is mines so back off. I don't know why nobody has mentioned the Stock Exchange Tower. It looks great. My second favorite. I like the Onassis Federal Building too. It's just boxy but it's a nice boxy design. And the facade looks great too.

Peter
May 12, 2008, 5:39 AM
^I like the Stock Exchange Tower! Its based on the beautiful Singer Building!.. i think.

It's so hard to pick a favorite because they are all so perfect and attractive. the Garden State Building, the Wentworth Building, and the Stock Exchange Tower are my top 3 but
I never saw the 40 McFarland Plaza one before, at least not like this and that one is really cool!

You did an excellent job puting this chart together because we can see the entire buildings with nothing blocking the view.

Also, i agree with your view on building heights being determined by roof height as the true height. As much as I love the Freedom Tower project, my one and only gripe about it was the spire.

Keep up the great work on Staunton.

fordgtman1992
May 14, 2008, 4:48 AM
Any updates?

I love this city!

Patrick
May 14, 2008, 6:17 AM
Oh No, I just realized I totally forgot the Stevenson Insurance in the top 20! Stevenson Insurance is the slender white tower next door to Galcorp, Its been with Staunton since the beginning! :O

Just an aerial, something ever so rare I post.

http://i32.tinypic.com/16gcqbm.jpg

Wrightguy0
May 14, 2008, 11:01 AM
What's that building with the rockefeller texture? It's a block in from peir 13

Peter
May 14, 2008, 5:13 PM
Nice view :cool:

Dac150
May 14, 2008, 5:36 PM
Nice to see a shot like that. I do hope you bring back 'Staunton Life'. Perhaps you can put it in your Midtown.

fordgtman1992
May 14, 2008, 7:21 PM
Through all pages i've looked at, i havn't seen a map! Can you post one?

Nice picture!:banana:

Aleks
May 14, 2008, 10:34 PM
Looks great. Again, every thing's perfect. Not too much to comment about.

treras93
May 15, 2008, 12:44 AM
Awesome skyline shot Patrick. i love how the skyscrapers just drop into lowrises. AWESOME.

that top 20 is pretty sweet too.:tup: i would have to say my favorites are:
-Lloyd
-Arquette
-UIG
-Onassis
-and the Stock Exchange

they are all awesome though :worship:

the only building i can say i never liked from your city was and is metropolitan steel lofts. the design is good just the texture make it look bad, but it your city so...

And i love that you're changing the tip of the island from Battery Park styled to nice buildings and plaza. its a shame that part of the lot was lost, :( o well.

awesome job patrick with everything!!:tup: :worship:

Tanster
May 15, 2008, 1:43 AM
Staunton has the city feel and the low rises just make it more realistic

bbeliko
May 15, 2008, 4:56 AM
it's been long since the last time i was here, and patrick, you keep improving over and over, i'm amazed, i wish i had the skills to do stuff like this

verticalextropy
May 15, 2008, 4:43 PM
sweet, so many good skyscrapers, and low rises too!
The Lloyd, Metropolitan Steel Lofts and One Staunton Financial, are my new favorites

huggkruka
May 15, 2008, 8:18 PM
I suppose I should say thanks to the person who brought me to this forum. A google search for Sketchup City put this at spot no.1! This thread is amazing and inspiring, and if there isn't some sort of highly paid job for you the world must be broken. Very, very good work!

Patrick
May 16, 2008, 6:34 AM
Fort Staunton (yes not Fort Hamilton) progress, almost done!

http://i26.tinypic.com/2j5kumg.jpg

If your wondering whats on top of the Westly Ferry Terminal, its a large sign reading "WELCOME TO STAUNTON ISLAND"

[SP]Neo
May 16, 2008, 12:56 PM
http://i32.tinypic.com/16gcqbm.jpg

i love this shot..it looks like a real city!! very well done. how long are you working on Staunton now?

verticalextropy
May 16, 2008, 2:51 PM
I like the base of the Rothenburg Center. I assume both towersd belong to the same complex?

Aleks
May 17, 2008, 9:44 PM
I like the base of the Ruthenburg Center. I'd like to see close ups of the Hotel Fort Staunton.

Patrick
May 18, 2008, 7:54 PM
Everyones going to have to use their imagination on this one:

http://i25.tinypic.com/1zg6dsx.jpg

Austin55
May 18, 2008, 8:47 PM
ohh,that picure looks kinda cold and dark and staunton style depressing.the red box and stuff on the right looks really cheery though. very nice,I like it alot.

Dac150
May 18, 2008, 9:02 PM
Very cool shot. Did you paste the city in Google Earth? It looks to be on Manhattan's plot.

Wrightguy0
May 21, 2008, 1:25 AM
The tallest building, I envision will be the 5th tallest in Staunton, will have a huge company logo letterboard on it, a real art deco style, and have some sort of huge monument atop it, like an angelic figure. Think of it as Staunton's Empire State Building, besides the GSB.

Why don't you try mixing the Fisher Building With The Chicago Board of Trade?

neilofSD
May 21, 2008, 4:01 AM
*Sracastically* Staunton reminds me of a city in that shot, but the name just totally slips my mind at the moment...

Lol good job, looks a lot like Lower Manhattan, can't wait to see midtown start.

verticalextropy
May 21, 2008, 4:58 AM
pretty cool shot, montage.
So are you progressing through midtown?

Mocholate
May 23, 2008, 9:00 AM
Very nice :D Looking forward to closeups around the dock area's there.

How bout a golf course on a pier ?

drew11
May 23, 2008, 5:35 PM
Very nice :D Looking forward to closeups around the dock area's there.

How bout a golf course on a pier ?

I think that would look nice but you should put it in a low rise district. No office worker wants to have golf balls bouncing off his window. :haha:

Austin55
May 23, 2008, 7:20 PM
I think that would look nice but you should put it in a low rise district. No office worker wants to have golf balls bouncing off his window. :haha:

Nahh,Manhatten has lots of piers with netted in driving ranges and putting greens. Reminds me of I am legend though:haha:

Mocholate
May 24, 2008, 2:11 AM
and GTAIV , seriously if no one does i'ma do it :haha:

drew11
May 24, 2008, 3:08 AM
Nahh,Manhatten has lots of piers with netted in driving ranges and putting greens. Reminds me of I am legend though:haha:

Yeah I saw that shot, maybe could patrick put a course in centenial park.

Peter
May 24, 2008, 2:18 PM
Nice view. My only complaint about the city is that the bridges look too similar from certain distances.

Austin55
May 24, 2008, 6:08 PM
If your wondering whats on top of the Westly Ferry Terminal, its a large sign reading "WELCOME TO STAUNTON ISLAND"

I thought it was a penninsula?

HansonNY
May 25, 2008, 3:02 AM
Great work Patrick. I like your work on the 3D Warehouse but it's great to see you making a New York like recreation.

Looking forward to more.

drew11
May 25, 2008, 5:08 AM
Patrick, can I place a galcorp branch in bay city, I have already designed the building for it. :)

Patrick
May 25, 2008, 5:20 AM
I thought it was a penninsula?

I like the idea of Staunton being an island, rather than a peninsula, what do you guys think? :shrug:

One Year Ago

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/831/000001hc0.jpg

Today

http://i26.tinypic.com/xvzib.jpg

Austin55
May 25, 2008, 5:23 AM
Both are to die for:slob:

Patrick
May 25, 2008, 9:50 AM
I forgot to mention I replaced MacFarland Plaza, the 4 Towered, Mixed Use, Postmodern Skyscrapers will have a new home in Midtown, presumably by Staunton Square.

These Towers have replaced them, the area is now a prominent section of Downtown, which in older versions of Staunton ususally was home to second rate skyscrapers, which usually where replaced over and over again. If you remember, this was the area where the CIA-FBI Complex was.

You can see the tallest of these buildings, the green one, behind the Rothenberg Center, in the picture I posted earlier.

http://i25.tinypic.com/25grn20.jpg

Monmouth Circle, Staunton Merchandise Mart to the Left, One Allied American Plaza in the Center-Right.

http://i27.tinypic.com/2ptb03r.jpg

[SP]Neo
May 25, 2008, 11:32 AM
wow your work is simply awesome!
i can't even do one of the highrises in the pic above and you have a full city of it!

Wrightguy0
May 25, 2008, 12:58 PM
Love the Island ideas and The Staunton Merchandise Mart is a good addition to the city

Austin55
May 25, 2008, 6:26 PM
Wrong forum, I'm moving it to SSP Cityscape.

Ikbow this post is old,but where did you put it? Skybar?

That looks amazing. the detail is simple,yet amazing. do you photoshop in alot of contrast?

Patrick
May 26, 2008, 1:37 AM
Ikbow this post is old,but where did you put it? Skybar?

Buildings & Architecture, lets just say you get more replies there :hell:

That looks amazing. the detail is simple,yet amazing. do you photoshop in alot of contrast?

Yes, almost every picture I touch from Staunton to Myspace I contrast the hell out of it :yes:

This picture was supposed to be much bigger, anyone know a place that hosts huge pictures?

http://i30.tinypic.com/fw12r8.jpg

Dac150
May 26, 2008, 1:41 AM
Amazing Shots!!!!!

Austin55
May 26, 2008, 1:47 AM
http://i30.tinypic.com/fw12r8.jpg

Tinypic? hahaha-Photobucket now lets you make them large as you want-and it has some sort of built in photoshop thing,yes,you can add contrast:)

If you dont want an account(registering there is hard) you can email me the file I can post it for you:)

treras93
May 26, 2008, 2:06 AM
OMFG! easily the best ppicture you've ever posted!:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Peter
May 26, 2008, 3:10 AM
The last shot is the best picture of Staunton ever. Absolutely beautiful.

Aleks
May 26, 2008, 7:22 AM
Yeah, all the colors are amazing. But idk, everything is kind of amazing at this moment. But it looks way less than NY now. Great job.

Mocholate
May 26, 2008, 7:33 AM
Islands can have peninsula's ! We have thousands here :haha:

Ima print the big one on A3 paper for my wall :cool:

Dac150
May 26, 2008, 2:45 PM
I just took the time to scan that entire picture, and I find it amazing how right down to the trees you put that city together. I really hope you advertise Staunton to the public because it can land you a career somewhere that relates.

Forget Liberty City in GTA IV, Staunton blows it away by ten miles.

Patrick
May 26, 2008, 7:31 PM
Another one for the hell of it :yes: This time showing Staunton looking north, in my opinion the best view of the skyline.

I've finished the Financial Center Marina, and the long park next to the Convention Center, I still have no idea what to name the Financial Center - Collins Center - Covention Center Towers - Convention Center. Anyone got an ideas?

http://i25.tinypic.com/1zfiwyh.jpg

The same view about a year ago.

http://i16.tinypic.com/4xqemfr.jpg

Wrightguy0
May 26, 2008, 7:32 PM
Staunton easily blows everything else away in terms of sheer detail and scope. This is the most amazing city I've ever seen built. :D

Fort Staunton City, Staunton Gardens, Westly Center, Jersey Plaza. take your pick.

[SP]Neo
May 26, 2008, 9:11 PM
I just took the time to scan that entire picture, and I find it amazing how right down to the trees you put that city together. I really hope you advertise Staunton to the public because it can land you a career somewhere that relates.

Forget Liberty City in GTA IV, Staunton blows it away by ten miles.

thats really true! your city is ten times better than every 3D city in a game. keep it up!:tup: :tup:

Austin55
May 27, 2008, 1:56 AM
Holy Hell...

I would like it if the chicago style resis could come back to the left of the financial center. The ones i the old shot. they are very realistic and detailed.

Can we have some none skylines shots? like from the waterfront and stuff?

Peter
May 27, 2008, 2:14 AM
I wish there was a way to play our cities in a video game like an fps or racing. Staunton would be so fun to play in.

Austin55
May 27, 2008, 2:35 AM
You can,Its Called Sketchy physics. Just some quick mods and you can drive around anything,even fly.

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showpost.php?p=3576244&postcount=97

Peter
May 28, 2008, 3:30 PM
You can,Its Called Sketchy physics. Just some quick mods and you can drive around anything,even fly.

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showpost.php?p=3576244&postcount=97Holy sh*t that's so awesome!! I can definitely use this:yes:

huggkruka
May 29, 2008, 5:07 PM
Looks amazing, it's among the best pictures in this thread!

[SP]Neo
May 30, 2008, 4:24 PM
did you already start with midtown patrick? or are you still improving your existing city?

Patrick
Jun 4, 2008, 5:30 AM
Neo;3583357']did you already start with midtown patrick? or are you still improving your existing city?

Despite it being summer, progess has been slow.

I wanna start on Midtown, I've been thinking about plans for Jefferson. But I promised myself I wouldnt move on until I passed the Jefferson Bridge, so I still got a few more blocks of lowrises until I skip to Jefferson.

http://i30.tinypic.com/16m10gi.jpg

Probably one of Downtown's last major skyscrapers before I start on Jefferson or Midtown: The Heartland Plaza, two large office buildings and a Springdale Hotel, built in the 1960's.

http://i25.tinypic.com/2s92mo9.jpg

Obviously based off of the original Southland Plaza in Dallas.

http://www.greenargon.com/bldg/images/0202.jpg

More soon!