PDA

View Full Version : Staunton - A Google SketchUp City

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Dac150
Nov 25, 2007, 3:33 PM
I like the pyramind of the new one, but nothing beats that pillar concept you had going for the previous version. Either one looks good though. Good job!

Aleks
Nov 25, 2007, 6:32 PM
Sneak Peak of the Civic center :yes:
http://i11.tinypic.com/6tun0bc.jpg

This looks nice. I can't wait to see more. Do you ever think about not making too many tall buildings? For some reason it bothers me when I make a city and try to make buildings ~400 ft. Does this happen to you?

As for City Hall, I like the old one better. The higher pyramid looks nicer. Too bad the textures got messed up. They looked awesome in the building.

Austin55
Nov 25, 2007, 9:26 PM
I liked the talller pyrimid,but the columns look better.

yeah,there always a little bit of galcorp in every pic. Reminds me of chicago with Hancock and Sears.

Jarrod
Nov 26, 2007, 2:12 AM
Wow... I looked at almost every page... AMAZING STUFF MAN!! MAD PROPS!

Austin55
Nov 26, 2007, 2:50 AM
:previous: I concur

Patrick
Nov 26, 2007, 4:18 AM
Thanks!

No update, just a flashback to February, this was City Hall back then.
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/8785/000001qj7.jpg

Aleks
Nov 26, 2007, 7:01 AM
Wow, it looks so.......dirty. Great chance though. From then to now it looks way better now. Oh, what's that red building right of City Hall in the background?

Patrick
Nov 27, 2007, 12:21 AM
^That was Shneif Towers, a luxurious Residential tower, oh I miss Shneif Towers, but there is simply nowhere to put it, maybe in a central park styled district?

I'm planning the peninusla to go like this

Downtown > Arts/Soho Styled Districts > Centennial Park > Staunton Square > Midtown > Industry/Slums

Another shot of the Civic Center. This is from City Hall Park, now explanded to two city blocks, making this view possible. The park still needs to be created, for now its just two empty blocks.

http://i8.tinypic.com/82kvzls.jpg

Dac150
Nov 27, 2007, 12:34 AM
Was the area of Staunton above based off of an area of Chicago? It looks really good. I've always liked that setup, and think it does good to your cityscape.

Aleks
Nov 28, 2007, 5:52 AM
I think it's based off New York. My city (West Point) is also based off New York (in a way) and La Corte was based off an old grid of Chicago.

Do you know how to use Kerk Patrick?

Dac150
Nov 28, 2007, 5:41 PM
^^^^^^^^^
I know. I just meant that trio of buildings. It reminds me of a trio in Chicago (don't know the names).

Austin55
Nov 29, 2007, 12:29 AM
:previous: wrigley, tribune and mather?

where do you see the rsemblance?

Love GSB:cool:

Dac150
Nov 29, 2007, 12:37 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^
The one in the middle.

Patrick
Dec 3, 2007, 5:48 AM
Do you know how to use Kerk Patrick?

No, Kerk is absolute crap, dont try it.

^^^^^^^^^
I know. I just meant that trio of buildings. It reminds me of a trio in Chicago (don't know the names).

:previous: wrigley, tribune and mather?

^^^^^^^^^^^
The one in the middle.

I've never noticed that! No, they werent based off of it, I just fount out about that cluster like a week ago, Its very facinating, but those three buildings just came into cration, the middle white one will be replaced soon, I'm not digging it.

This is the oppisite view, looking from City Hall Park. Five roads converge right at the center of this pic, I need a name for the Square, its just a little patch of public space in between five roads, kinda like Callahan Square.

http://i16.tinypic.com/7yo8djc.jpg

Two new buildings, no name yet :)

http://i15.tinypic.com/8fzgsja.jpg

Aleks
Dec 3, 2007, 6:14 AM
You don't like Kerk? I've used it a couple of times and the renders come out nice.

On the first picture the building with the dome looks like the Washington Mutual Tower here in Seattle. I like that. I also like you changed the top and dimensions to not make it look like a rip-off.

Mocholate
Dec 3, 2007, 6:56 AM
How bout the good old Aussie 'name it what it is' and call the intersection 'The 5 ways' :haha:

Love the nonames - guess they are Modern-Deco hey ?

Dac150
Dec 3, 2007, 8:00 PM
They look more neo-classic to me, but with some variations of modern. Very nice.

Aleks
Dec 3, 2007, 11:28 PM
Whatever they are they look nice. Hmm...Post Modern (the tall one) I'm guessing?

Austin55
Dec 3, 2007, 11:32 PM
sorta reminds me of what peter used to do. the texyures are nice and clear nowand the trees are a nice touch.

foxmtbr
Dec 3, 2007, 11:55 PM
Awesome new buildings! :tup:

Patrick
Dec 4, 2007, 4:06 AM
Right in the center of that 5-way plaza.

Queensland Steel, GalChemicals, GalOil, Unnamed Building.

http://i5.tinypic.com/720p43q.jpg

foxmtbr
Dec 4, 2007, 4:54 AM
Sweet rendering. :cool:

Derek
Dec 4, 2007, 5:07 AM
I like the name Queensland, and the building, too. :)

Dac150
Dec 4, 2007, 7:35 PM
Very nice shot. I like the GalChemicals Building.

Austin55
Dec 5, 2007, 12:04 AM
Awesomeness! Is this area near CaNARY pARK?(Stinkin caps lock,sorry)

Is that a render or a photoshop in that reflection?

Aleks
Dec 5, 2007, 12:11 AM
Yeah very nice. Umm... I like the GalChemicals Buildings and it's nice that you added people to shots.

Do you have a map of the city as it is now?

Austin55
Dec 5, 2007, 12:13 AM
:previous: HA!! you started a new page,Foooollll!!:haha:

the texture on the right,was it taken from a building in boston? just wonderin.

Patrick
Dec 8, 2007, 7:50 PM
Awesomeness! Is this area near CaNARY pARK?(Stinkin caps lock,sorry)

Is that a render or a photoshop in that reflection?

It's Monmouth Park now, doesn't Cannery Park sound lame? Oh and its photoshop.

Do you have a map of the city as it is now?

No not yet, it will be a while before that, I don't like showing unfinished parts of the city like how Dac150 does, I guess gives a bigger sense of realism?

the texture on the right,was it taken from a building in boston? just wonderin.

No, Chicago.

Queensland Steel had to go! It just didn't look very good, it was way to messy and ruined the skyline really with its disproportional.

So instead we got The Staunton Merchandise Mart, where Showrooms use up to 60% of the building, the top portion is offices, an addition added to the side (part of the tower without the slanting green roof). Completed in 1936, 569 feet.

To the left is the NationsSavings Bank Building, completed in 1991. 605 feet to the top of the decorative dome. Designed to compliment its next door neighbor: the Rome London Banking Corporation Building (RLBC) completed in 1921, 308 feet.

The distant tower with a sphere on top has no story yet, but it sure is one of my favorites :)

http://i1.tinypic.com/80yn9fc.jpg

Mocholate
Dec 8, 2007, 9:18 PM
A sad day for Queenslanders
:yes:

treras93
Dec 8, 2007, 10:17 PM
i have to say Patrick this city is absolutely AMAZING! i cant get enough of it.:tup:

The Staunton Merchandise Mart, however, i love the building is awesome but the texture looks like its dirty was that intended

but either way keep it up:tup: :) :cool: :worship:

Derek
Dec 8, 2007, 10:21 PM
The Staunton Merchandise Mart looks great! :tup:

foxmtbr
Dec 8, 2007, 10:41 PM
Wowie wow wow!

Dac150
Dec 8, 2007, 10:41 PM
The Merchandise Mart fits the city very well. I love that cluster.

Aleks
Dec 8, 2007, 10:48 PM
Yeah looks kind of old-ish (the texture) but that's O.K. because old buildings usually have walls like that unless a MAJOR remodeling project is done to the building.

Anyways, keep it up it's awesome. And I love the amount of people in the sidewalks and cars. Awesome.

Patrick
Dec 9, 2007, 5:42 AM
Quick Skyline shot, keep in mind the Staunton Financial Center should come back soon.

http://i3.tinypic.com/7w6p0zs.jpg

Aleks
Dec 9, 2007, 7:05 AM
Looks nice. It would've been better if you could see the details though. Your city looks so full. How do you make room for new buildings?

Umm...The Bravery is Awesome.

Tanster
Dec 9, 2007, 7:14 AM
Staunton looks great. I like that building with the sphere on top.

Austin55
Dec 9, 2007, 7:15 AM
when you do photoshops like that you should photoshop in some tree's at the bottom like what peter used to do:yes: to bad about quuensland.

otherwise,stunning.

Dac150
Dec 9, 2007, 4:30 PM
You made the right move with those antennas on Galcorp. Sometimes things just need to grow on you for you to see that they are a home-run.

Patrick
Dec 11, 2007, 6:48 AM
Looks nice. It would've been better if you could see the details though. Your city looks so full. How do you make room for new buildings?

Staunton is bot full. I only show views from finished sections since I don't like showing any empty land, that would take away from the realism. Downtown has about 30+ unfinished to empty lots. Not including Monmouth Park West (aka Battery Park City styled area) which is a VERY large area that should change the skyline dramatically, depending on what I build, I think I'll stick with a Chicago Residential styled area. :yes:

You made the right move with those antennas on Galcorp. Sometimes things just need to grow on you for you to see that they are a home-run.

Glad to hear that :tup:

The east side of Westly Avenue is complete with several different mainly older buildings, a main shopping district, the place for Downtown Christmas Shopping, Shopping Centers, Window Displays, and Christmas Lights. Maybe it should be called Westly Walk? Idk.

I'll show that later! Along with a new flatiron building styled district. So here are some shots from Westly Avenue, looking down the streets to the main financial district area.

http://i4.tinypic.com/8bzq6n5.jpg

http://i16.tinypic.com/6tuospi.jpg

Mocholate
Dec 11, 2007, 7:29 AM
Sweet , the last pic - I'm curious to know what the building on the right looks like up top , i think that body would suit a building like ESB :cool:

Aleks
Dec 11, 2007, 7:47 AM
Looks nice. How wide are your streets and 30+ blocks is not that much. I have to fill 40-50 just in one district. My city is way too big.

The "Battery Park" area would look good with some buildings that look like the ones around the Chicago Spire and the John Hancock Tower.

Dac150
Dec 11, 2007, 7:39 PM
I like that last pic. Ever consider doing a trade or commerce center?

Patrick
Dec 12, 2007, 1:26 AM
I like that last pic. Ever consider doing a trade or commerce center?

What are those, seriously. Like a World Financial Center? Because I already have one hella sexy one :yes:

Dac150
Dec 12, 2007, 3:49 AM
What are those, seriously. Like a World Financial Center? Because I already have one hella sexy one :yes:

They are exactly what they sound like. Centers for international business and commerce trade.

Forgive me if I'm making you sound stupid, but did you think that the World Trade Center in Manhattan was just a name? No, World Trade Centers are all over the globe and are leased out by various international companies where they can conduct business and trade their good or services. All are under the jurisdiction of the World Trade Organization (WTO).

The same thing above applies for Commerce Centers as well, only your dealing with commerce.

Does that help?:shrug:

Patrick
Dec 12, 2007, 5:39 AM
Sweet , the last pic - I'm curious to know what the building on the right looks like up top , i think that body would suit a building like ESB :cool:

Oh no, its only like a 20 story office building :yes:

Looks nice. How wide are your streets and 30+ blocks is not that much.

Most of my streets are 40 - 45 feet wide, about a normal four lane street. Yes but depending on how long it takes me to stir up enough inspiration and creativity, 30 city blocks is a hell of a lot. :)

Forgive me if I'm making you sound stupid, but did you think that the World Trade Center in Manhattan was just a name? No, World Trade Centers are all over the globe and are leased out by various international companies where they can conduct business and trade their good or services. All are under the jurisdiction of the World Trade Organization (WTO).

I still dont see much of a difference from a large office complex. The three Galcorp Plaza towers are only about 56% occupied by Galcorp in total, the rest are home to Government Offices and large large Fortune 500 financial/industry companies from across the globe. Same goes for the Staunton Financial Center.

Anyways, here are some shots and some info on the Westly Avenue area. WARNING: boring quick stories ahead.

Saint Nicholas Church

Completed in 1896. Saint Nicholas Chruch is a full service parish church on the edge of the Downtown District. The church, one of the oldest structures remaining in downtown is also home to a historical cemetery. The Church was never in any real danger to be demolished, but skyscrapers and townhomes rise around it from the 30's to 60's. To ensure its safety the church was added to the National Register of Historic Places on July 19th, 1976.

Westly ShoppingTown

Westly ShoppingTown is a "vertical shopping mall" with 12 floors of shopping, 14 floors in total. The building has a large atrium, and is a popular downtown attraction, home to several retailers and resturants. Completed in 1955, the Westly Avenue area was largely abandoned. Hopeing to bring in new customers, the Westly Avenue Shopping Center was constructed. Sucessful until the 80's where it closed down till 1992, where the Westly Group bought it, renovated it, renamed it, and re-opened for business. Its been pretty sucessful since.

Kyatt Downtown Staunton

Four Stars, 529 feet High, completed in 1979. Notible for its slanting exterior glass, featuring the building's main atrium.

http://i5.tinypic.com/8axw70m.jpg

Heres that "Flatiron District" I was talking about. No story behind it yet.

http://i7.tinypic.com/8ab68sk.jpg

Patrick
Dec 13, 2007, 1:57 AM
Bump!

Dac150
Dec 13, 2007, 2:06 AM
I don't like the shopping town to be honest. The building's facade just doesn't go well with the other buildings. The Flatiron though is very nice, and I like how it looks dividing the street.

Jarrod
Dec 13, 2007, 2:23 AM
I agree, I don't like the shopping town at all.

treras93
Dec 13, 2007, 2:40 AM
:previous: sorry patrick i know i dont comment much but i have to agree. i like the two textures separately but together like that...
but either way its up to you:)

rest of the shots i love. like the Kyatt and the Flatiron District great job :tup:

Austin55
Dec 13, 2007, 3:14 AM
I like the shopping village! it all looks great:cool:
OMG!!!!! AAARRRGGGHHHH NEW PAGE!!!!!!:hell: :hell: :hell:

Aleks
Dec 13, 2007, 4:12 AM
Actually, I like the Shopping Town. Looks like one of those buildings built in the 70's that you think are horrible but deep inside you know that if they're tore it down it would be a tragedy.
The "Flat Iron Building" is definitely awesome though. It's the best I've seen in a while.

Patrick
Dec 13, 2007, 6:59 AM
Actually, I like the Shopping Town. Looks like one of those buildings built in the 70's that you think are horrible but deep inside you know that if they're tore it down it would be a tragedy.

And thats exactly why its there! Bravo Aleks! :yes:

"If every skyline had all pretty buildings, it would be boring" - patrickfoshizzle, just right now

I like all buildings, I have yet to find a building I absolutely hate. I DO HATE some of the stuff New York is putting up after 9/11, all those ugly condo towers around the ESB, the boring glass towes being put up in midtown, the VERZION DISASTERR, andd the half-assed New York Times Tower.

Dac150
Dec 13, 2007, 5:58 PM
Patrick, you don't like the BofA Tower?

Aleks
Dec 14, 2007, 12:43 AM
That's awesome. Woo-hoo!!

I like all type of buildings usually. Even that one that's suspended over a factory somewhere in the North-East (proposal). I think BofA is awesome and I really really like the new New York Times building. And the Girasol.

Patrick
Dec 14, 2007, 1:46 AM
Patrick, you don't like the BofA Tower?

Ahh I actually do, I only mentioned towers I didnt like, I also like the Goldman Sachs Tower and the neato new apartment buildings ar Battery Park City. Although once again I'm dissapointed with New York and its obsession with spires, the BofA Tower's spire looks like an oil ring for some reason.

WOW!! Oh, yeah! The Bravery is coming ti Seattle Jan. 25th. I need to get tickets since there's less than 100 being sold.

What?
Why do you keep doing this. :shrug:

Dac150
Dec 14, 2007, 2:06 AM
What? Why do you keep doing this. :shrug:

:haha:

Aleks
Dec 14, 2007, 3:01 AM
What?

Woops, sorry I'll stop. I just have a big obsession (:koko:) with that band for some reason. But yeah, I'll stop. :offtopic: I should stop since I'm a mod and I'm supposed to keep things in track!

Patrick
Dec 14, 2007, 4:56 AM
I just wanted to ask :)

Mocholate
Dec 14, 2007, 9:22 AM
I imagine you need masses of car parking areas for that shopping center :cool:

FlyersFan118
Dec 14, 2007, 12:22 PM
i like the shopping center. it reeks of 70s (god that font is flamboyant) and it's fugly (the facade is straight up ugly), but that seems to be the point of it. buildings like that build character for a city. i love the idea.

Austin55
Dec 14, 2007, 1:54 PM
What?

sttop acting like me when I first joined:P

For me,BOFA is an awesome tower cause it not only looks cool,but it has other aspects(like its green desighn) that make me like it:)

and honestly,I dont see any fuglyness in the shopping ceneter,I like it very much. It would be a terrible highrise though!:yuck:

Tanster
Dec 15, 2007, 12:47 AM
the shoping center looks great tho 12 stories of shoping thats intense lol

Aleks
Dec 15, 2007, 3:42 AM
hmm...I like the shopping center and the greenish windows look nice in my opinion. With 12 floors of retail and 1 million bucks a could do A HELL OF A LOT!

foxmtbr
Dec 15, 2007, 6:55 AM
At least the mall is tall enough that you can jump off the top when you get pissed because you can't find the store you're looking for. That's always a plus. :tup:

verticalextropy
Dec 15, 2007, 2:55 PM
I kinda picture it like Manhattan Mall.
ANyways, kudos this city is just --REAL

Patrick
Dec 17, 2007, 2:56 AM
Thanks everyone!

i like the shopping center. it reeks of 70s (god that font is flamboyant) and it's fugly (the facade is straight up ugly), but that seems to be the point of it. buildings like that build character for a city. i love the idea.

Another great defenition for the Westly ShoppingTown!

At least the mall is tall enough that you can jump off the top when you get pissed because you can't find the store you're looking for. That's always a plus. :tup:

Now your thinking like a Stauntonite :haha:

A raw picture of Staunton! The Staunton Financial Center is back!

http://i10.tinypic.com/6o0amok.jpg

Dac150
Dec 17, 2007, 3:10 AM
Nice to see the entire skyline and see that the financial center is back.

Austin55
Dec 17, 2007, 3:17 AM
At least the mall is tall enough that you can jump off the top when you get pissed because you can't find the store you're looking for. That's always a plus.

Now your thinking like a Stauntonite

I remember when you posted that suicide diagram for,was it GSB?:haha:

wow,staunton skylin got da skilzzzz,noobs!
that stuff round Monmouth Is lookin great,I want more pics of that area soon.

Dac150
Dec 17, 2007, 3:43 AM
I remember when you posted that suicide diagram for,was it GSB?:haha:

When was that?:shrug:

Patrick
Dec 17, 2007, 4:45 AM
When was that?:shrug:

Oh my! A long time ago, back from the bad idea vault of a troubled 8th grader!

I hope its not too confusing, my physics might be off :)

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/666/apic2ma1.jpg

Awesome!!! For some sick reason, I love suicidal diagrams.

lol! I'm not sure why I got so detailed with suicides.

That diagram is sick! :haha: Looks like Staunton has a suicide problem that the Mayor needs to fix fast.

Oh the memories! July 2006.

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/2989/apic6rx8.jpg

Aleks
Dec 17, 2007, 4:45 AM
The city looks awesome. The Financial Center is awesome too. Will you be adding old skyscrapers first then new glassy ones to the city?

Patrick
Dec 23, 2007, 12:09 AM
The city looks awesome. The Financial Center is awesome too. Will you be adding old skyscrapers first then new glassy ones to the city?

No each block is a diverse block of buildings, but it really depends on the district, some will be mainly older buildings, others would be very big boxy towers, there will few New Millennium high rises due to the lack of space in Downtown (gotta be realistic!) so currently, looking around Staunton right now there are zero skyscrapers built after 2001.

I think I will put in some under construction restidential towers in Monmouth Park City.

Somee neww buildings to the left, they are much bigger than they look.

http://i7.tinypic.com/6ymc36c.jpg

heyyoucharlie
Dec 23, 2007, 12:13 AM
WOW... Your city is just... well... AMAZING!!! :worship:

Aleks
Dec 23, 2007, 1:15 AM
Yeah, that looks awesome. You have a lot of practice with Photoshop don't you? I might get it this Christmas.

Do you use the magic wand on Photoshop to outline your buildings?

treras93
Dec 23, 2007, 2:25 AM
no words can describe the ridiculousness of your city

:worship: :worship:

verticalextropy
Dec 23, 2007, 2:40 AM
wow, being a staunch defender of property rights i can't believe i'm saying this, but, do you people actually BUY photoshop?????? torrent ZOMG!

Dac150
Dec 23, 2007, 3:21 AM
I love that financial center. Don't be a stranger to show more than one picture.

verticalextropy
Dec 23, 2007, 3:30 AM
Noo each block is a diverse block of buildings, but it really depends on the district, some will be mainly older buildings, others would be very big boxy towers, there will few New Millenuim Highrises due to the lack of space in Downtown (gotta be realalistic!) so currently, looking around Staunton right now there are zero skyscrapers built after 2001.

I think I will put in some under construction restidential towers in Monmouth Park City.

Somee neww buildings to the lefttttttttt, they are much bigger than they look.
http://i7.tinypic.com/6ymc36c.jpg

wow it hadnt load the image before!! way to goo... MOAR!!!

CGII
Dec 23, 2007, 3:50 AM
woooooooooooooo...sick.

Aleks
Dec 23, 2007, 6:21 AM
wow, being a staunch defender of property rights i can't believe i'm saying this, but, do you people actually BUY photoshop?????? torrent ZOMG!

Well, there's professional Photoshop which can be hundreds of bucks (I think the most expensive is 2000)and there's Photoshop Elements which is 80-100 dollars depending on where you get it. So really it's not that expensive.

Austin55
Dec 23, 2007, 6:29 AM
:previous: but why would you spend anything when you can go download Paint.net or gimp for free? P.n Is Photoshop for people not getting paid to use it,and gimp is a free photoshop pretty much:shrug: :shrug:

Patrick,that looks amazing. BUT whe need a super update,5 or so pics and some emporis pages;) and some other cool stuff. Like that long johns commercial "I WANT IT All DANG IT!!!!!"

Patrick
Dec 23, 2007, 5:51 PM
HA I got photoshopp for free, BUT ITS LIKK SO WORTH IT cause I use it EVERYDAY for my photography, to sexify my myspace, or when Im just bored, EVERYDAYY.

AUSTINN, sure I can post like five or so emporis pages, you can expects some soooooon.

Tanster
Dec 23, 2007, 7:58 PM
Patrick the Financial District looks great!!!!!!!!!!!

Patrick
Dec 24, 2007, 5:54 AM
hayhayhay I promised five, but two was enoughhhh!

http://i11.tinypic.com/71fl5ao.jpg http://i18.tinypic.com/6z92nft.jpg

Austin55
Dec 24, 2007, 5:58 AM
:cool: Satisfied
One stunton Financial center is a Behemouth! wow.And Macfarland is Super "Smexy"

verticalextropy
Dec 24, 2007, 6:10 AM
MAcFarland looks fantastic, like a modern recycle of the empire state :tup:

Patrick
Dec 24, 2007, 6:15 AM
Oh and there more MacFarland, including the Centerpeice tower :) HOME TO UBC STUDIOS! United Brodcasting Corporation

Aleks
Dec 24, 2007, 10:14 PM
One Staunton Financial Center is one of the best buildings in the city. I love it!

The MacFarland Plaza is O.K. Will you show the rest of the buildings in the complex later?

Patrick
Dec 25, 2007, 9:00 AM
Yes I'll show more of the MacFarland Plaza, I need to finish the wintergarden and ice skating rink :yes:

WELL IM ALSO working on the North River Riverfront. Here are the basic massings for the buildings, only One and Two Southport Plaza are textured. Any suggestions or comments bout the buildings?

http://i7.tinypic.com/8e7pnc3.jpg

Heres an older render showing One and Two Southport Plaza.

http://i6.tinypic.com/4m1n4sh.jpg

Patrick
Dec 26, 2007, 5:36 AM
OH LAWD TEXAN ARCHITECTURE INVADED STAUNTONNN!! Maybe austin55 can reconize what the VanDessel Bank Building and ELFThompson Building where modeled off of, but I tried my best to make them look very different from their Texan Counterparts.

Final Version of the North River Riverfront

http://i3.tinypic.com/6wmok5j.jpg

Past Version of the North River Riverfront (aka Staunton before the overhaul

http://i2.tinypic.com/8509dsz.jpg

MERRY EFFIN CHRISTMASS! This will be my last update since I'll be flying to LA tommorow by myselfff OH YEA to hanngg out with my friends for about one sexy week :)

God dammit you cant bring shampoo (I NEEED MA SHAMPOO) onto a plane? This terror chart's all bullshit.

Austin55
Dec 26, 2007, 6:01 AM
I seez A resemblance!

Thompson looks like dis one,teh tall green one(looks more like it from back)
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x111/austin5555/icehockeyfortworth179.jpg
Photo by me!

As for VD,I dunno! but it certinly looks great.
Is macfarland Like rockefffffellllerrrr Centerrrr?
PS,I loves 3 Southport:cool:

I get to go to Lubbock!!!:haha:
Merry Effin Christmas!:banana:

Aleks
Dec 26, 2007, 7:03 AM
That is nice. I haven't had time to comment today. Been pretty busy. Mostly because I got Photoshop Elements 6 and I was trying to figure out how to make panoramic pictures in it.

Anyways, the buildings look way different on post 1590 than the ones on post 1591! It's great and I love Two Southport Plaza since it's blue. the Thompson building is my favorite though. It looks way awesome, and a half.

Have you tried making a diagram of the city?

Also, have fun in L.A. I might go next month.

CGII
Dec 26, 2007, 5:01 PM
Javits!

Bergenser
Dec 26, 2007, 5:15 PM
Finnaly the Emporis pages! It's awsome. :cool:
Have you made an updated map of Staunton? :frog:
Would be interesting.

foxmtbr
Dec 26, 2007, 9:33 PM
Wow, amazing!!

Dac150
Dec 27, 2007, 12:02 AM
The Emporis pages and all those pics, wow, I really missed a lot. It all looks fantastic Patrick! Really does. The Southport set-up looks like it'll really add some justice to your skyline.

Jarrod
Dec 31, 2007, 7:39 PM
Bravo!!!

Austin55
Jan 2, 2008, 1:43 AM
Is Vandessel Based of Heritage Plaza in houston?

Derek
Jan 2, 2008, 1:46 AM
VanDessel made me think of Tampa for some reason.

But it's looking good Patrick. :)