PDA

View Full Version : SHANGHAI | World Financial Center | 1,614 FT / 492 M | 101 FLOORS

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

avcellvs
Mar 28, 2004, 7:25 AM
Construction has resumed. After preparatory works on the plot, first cranes made their apparition.

On this picture there is a circular road being created around the building base square. It was not there before.

http://www.lookatchina.com/web_en/phpBB2/download.php?id=651

On this later photo (february 2004), this road seems completed. (sorry no direct active link copy and past URL into a new browser window)

http://community.webshots.com/s/image9/6/87/40/121868740dLjXsn_fs.jpg
Smaller size : http://community.webshots.com/s/image9/6/87/40/121868740dLjXsn_ph.jpg

A mars 2004 picture showing the first cranes.

http://community.webshots.com/s/image10/3/26/97/126832697HaZbNS_fs.jpg
Smaller size : http://community.webshots.com/s/image10/3/26/97/126832697HaZbNS_ph.jpg

Similar first cranes in 1997 :

http://skyscraperpage.com/gallery/data/570/28shanghaiworldfinancialcenter.jpg

JACKinBeantown
Mar 28, 2004, 7:51 AM
Is that a golf driving range with the high fences to the right of Jin Mao?

Fabb
Mar 28, 2004, 7:54 AM
Good news. But I'm not entirely convinced though.

avcellvs
Mar 28, 2004, 7:55 AM
Hmmm! it does not look like an english lawn. :laugh:

avcellvs
Mar 28, 2004, 8:13 AM
On skyscrapers.com, which is mainly a pay access data base for building corporate societies it is classified as "under construction". Their informations must be reliable in oeder to sell them. The status of Shanghai constructions has been reactualised last week, spring cleaning.

The evolution of activities these pics show us confirms that. The latest pic is nearly one mounth old, let's wait for a next one and see. I don't think they are even diging right now but soon they will. These activities indicate that they are preparing to. The building is no more "on hold". It is going to be built . No more doubt.

I knew this was going to be a controversial thread...

avcellvs
Mar 28, 2004, 10:16 AM
A skyscrapers.com news that corroborates pictures :

2003-02-13 Reported by Thomas Jaehndel

News: Shanghai World Financial Center resumes construction

Shanghai: A grand ceremony earlier today marked the resumption of construction of what will be one of the tallest buildings in the world. The Shanghai World Financial Center (SWFC) will be 492 meters tall and contain 97 floors of office space, hotel rooms and sightseeing areas as was stated in an official press conference today by the building's developer, Japan's Mori Building Corporation.

Construction of the SWFC started in August 1997 but was put on hold one year later when an enormous glut of office space hit the city's property market. Since most of this space is now being absorbed the developer is confident that the building will be a commercial success when opened on October 1st, 2007.

Industry insiders in Shanghai believe that SWFC's final height might even exceed 500 meters, a rumour Mori declined to comment on. Another contender for the title of the tallest building in the world, Taipei 101 in Taiwan's capital will be 508 meters tall.

avcellvs
Mar 28, 2004, 10:28 AM
An older (2001) skyscrapers.com info with details on what has already be done and the planned changes from the 1997 project :

2001-03-05 Reported by Janne Puustelli

News: Shanghai World Financial Center back on track

Shanghai: Designed by Kohn, Pedersen Fox Associated, New York, Shanghai World Financial Center started construction in August 27th, 1997 and completed the construction of the first phase of the construction in October 1998. First phase of the construction consisted of driving 2000 structural piles to the depth of 80 meters under ground to create the basis for the main tower of 94 storeys and 460 metres. After that Asian economical crisis forced the developer to put construction on hold for several years to come.

Kiyoshi Yoshikawa, Overseas Publicity Counselor at developer company Mori Building Corporation gave comments on the company's behalf about the latest plans for the project. Mori Building is still going to keep their ambitious plan to have the World's Tallest title for Shanghai World Financial Center by raising the original 2.70m floor-to-ceiling heights significantly and perhaps increasing the number of floors. Final structural height is yet to be seen.

The miraculous design, that won many international architecture competitions and prizes in 1990's, is kept virtually untouched. The cylindrical cut in the upper part of the tower is going to be the world's highest observation deck as originally planned. The construction is planned to resume in 2002 and last around four years, although the exact schedule is yet to be settled.

Fabb
Mar 28, 2004, 1:07 PM
OK. Not only do they give a year of completion, but also a date (Oct. 1st).

Insane Alex
Mar 28, 2004, 2:53 PM
http://www.shutterfly.com/view/picture_dt.jsp.jpg

Insane Alex
Mar 28, 2004, 2:55 PM
http://community.webshots.com/photo/32752685/32752709EqUCAo.jpg

Insane Alex
Mar 28, 2004, 2:56 PM
http://community.webshots.com/photo/32752685/32752709EqUCAo

JACKinBeantown
Mar 28, 2004, 4:48 PM
Alex, you're insane.

avcellvs
Mar 28, 2004, 7:55 PM
@ fabb : Too bad they did not give the hour and the weather conditions for the opening day. With a building of that size it's seems hard to predict that precisely the completion date. May be it's a special date in China of some $ymbolic or hi$toric dimen$ion ?

avcellvs
Mar 28, 2004, 8:06 PM
I did not know the first construction period has been that long (from august 97 to October 98) and that it had already achieved the building basis construction.

Will the new building heigh impact the utility of those first works?

Fabb
Mar 28, 2004, 8:25 PM
The foundations were made for a 460 m tower if I remember correctly. The height added represents 7 percent of the initial plan, but probably less than 7 percent of the weight.

Aboveday
Mar 29, 2004, 5:36 AM
1/10 is the national day of China .10/10 is for Taiwan.
I guess it will completed in 1/10 2008 ,after a further dalay in last year.

ztopp
Mar 29, 2004, 6:02 AM
Greats news then!

avcellvs
Mar 29, 2004, 8:22 AM
Thanks Aboveday for letting us know first of october is China national day. May be the date must be taken seriously then. They'll try to respect this deadline whatever happens (egyptian pyramids days...). Thank to national pride silliness the WFC might be delivered in time.

Aboveday
Mar 29, 2004, 2:08 PM
You are welcome,avcellvs.:)
Big construction projects in China ,were usually been used by the local government leader to show there administrative achievements to the Central government ,but in this case ,the project is not supported by the government ,so i think the developer(japanese)chose this day,is because they want to show there goodwill to Chinese.(because some people in China think that the hole on the tower represent the Red circle on the national flag of Japan,thus they hate this tower.....):rolleyes:

Fabb
Mar 29, 2004, 2:13 PM
I must say that when the connection was made between the giant, circular hole and the Japanese flag, it seemed so obvious that I couldn't get it out of my mind.

JACKinBeantown
Mar 29, 2004, 4:26 PM
They should replace the circle with a hammer and sickle.

Fabb
Mar 29, 2004, 5:03 PM
Or an octagon. The number eight is good luck in China.

coth
Mar 29, 2004, 6:04 PM
SO. CONSTRUCTION OH-HOLD OR RESUMED?
WHAT'S HAPPEND ON CONSTRUCTION SITE RIGHT NOW?

hey
who work in Jin Mao? there are need to install web camera ;)

avcellvs
Mar 29, 2004, 6:24 PM
@ coth : a web cam would be great. Let's all write to the building company !

coth
Mar 29, 2004, 7:15 PM
so, construction going or not?

Fabb
Mar 29, 2004, 8:34 PM
so, construction going or not?

I think that the answer would be a yes.

avcellvs
Mar 29, 2004, 9:19 PM
@ Aboveday : Very interesting insight information. Nice to have a chinese there to point out that political dimension to us faraway observers. We tend to be mainly obsessed by architecture or fantasies about the Science fiction touch of modern China towns. Nice buildings, incredible chinese economic dynamism that makes possible all those titanesque works, reminding us of the lost power of the western world. It's a long time we are told 21th century will be asian, and now we are in the 21th century... and we watch it happens.

On the other side I was wondering what chinese people themselves think of this construction boom. I am aware that many old houses are demolished to give room for endless estate speculation. The poors are sent to faraway suburbs while foreigners, rich and middle class people live in cities center new buildings. Capitalist way : social inegality, no respect for historical cultural patrimony, ecological concerns, etc... I'm afraid the government is focussing on this modern urban facade to hide misery elsewhere with the olympic games and Shanghai world expo deadlines in view. Nice poscards for western media, no matter the price for the people.

To come back to that circle polemic, I think that as would say Doctor Sigmund Freud, we always have to keep in mind that this circle is also just a circle... The chinese should perhaps exert sustained pressure on Japan to obtain the recognition of their war crimes towards Chinese during WW2. Unlike germans, most japanese tend to remember that period as victims, not criminals. For them, Hiroshima just means the atomic bomb (a shame the US president jumped on the occasion to test it, and twice), they don't want to know that there also was there a laboratory experimenting atrocities on corean prisoners, just like the nazis. Very few of them admit it, history books try to erase all these embarassing memories of WW2. So I do understand why the chinese people are so angry, but hating the building is not going to solve in anyway this political question.

And let's not forget the architect is american, not japanese. Let's remind what where the original intentions that led to the choice of this circle.

One was technical : to release wind pressure on the top of the building, a hole was nedeed.

A circle shaped hole has been choosen for symbolic reasons. This building grows from an horizontal square into a vertical circle. The architect intention was to say "from earth to sky"; given that in chinese cosmogony, the symbol for earth is a square and for sky is a circle. Nothing to do with the japanese flag.

The size of this circle is exactly the same than those of the Oriental Pearl spheres. It was intended as a contextual mirroring to unify Pudong skyline.

Therefore I totally disagree with the Fabb and JACKinNYC proposals for others symbols. The architect's original symbolic intentions must be kept untouched. Artists do not have to submit to political pressures of any sorts. This circle, as a mere form, is perfectly integrated into the fluidity of the building design. I think shanghaiese people should really enjoy this beautiful building.

Interpretation is really a very wide open field... New proposal : Try to imagine a drunken Homer Simpson in front of WFC : "Hmmm, a giant opener!"

avcellvs
Mar 30, 2004, 8:38 AM
Little Brother is watching U !

http://skyscraperpage.com/gallery/data/500/3240kingdom_d.jpg

I saw a report on this Riyadh (Saudi) building. As for WFC, extreme desert winds made the hole necessary to relieve pressure on the top. The architect is not KDF but Ellerbe Becket. It was completed in 2002.

John Hinds
Mar 30, 2004, 9:47 AM
^There is hole in that building because the city has a height limit based on the floor count and not on the height.

Fabb
Mar 30, 2004, 10:05 AM
There's a hole because that's how bottle openers work.

coth
Mar 30, 2004, 10:10 AM
ha, Moscow also has limit based on floor count. not upper 35 floors in historical center, 84 floors on periphery and unlim on downtown, but think what is a building with 4.2meters tall 35 floors - 150 meters, what not so bad :D

Matace
Mar 30, 2004, 12:14 PM
Any recent pictures? This is quite exciting now.

Chad
Mar 31, 2004, 2:13 AM
After seeing those pics....Now I do believes that the SWFC is U/C............;)

some_stupid_nut
Mar 31, 2004, 2:24 AM
I am still skeptic.

avcellvs
Apr 4, 2004, 7:53 AM
Regarding the top circle controversy, on KPF web you will find detailled explanations on the building design :

http://www.kpf.com/Projects/mori.htm

The building is rated as "under construction".

avcellvs
Apr 4, 2004, 8:03 AM
The later pic I found (march 29th 04)

http://community.webshots.com/s/image11/1/30/12/129513012RvLYvT_fs.jpg

But weather is definitively too rainy to have a clear view on what's going on on the WFC plot and the JinMao is hiding part of it. The better possible shots would be from ground level or from the JinMao.

Anybody in Shanghai with a digital camera ?

avcellvs
Apr 4, 2004, 12:17 PM
Shortly before construction resumed. The WFC plot is totally empty, no circular path around the future building square base.

http://www.shanghaiguide.com/gallery/albums/thats-pudong/skyscrapers.sized.jpg

Full resolution pic : http://www.shanghaiguide.com/gallery/albums/thats-pudong/skyscrapers.jpg

avcellvs
Apr 4, 2004, 5:23 PM
How could I miss this one ! This is no poscard but...
A march 20th pic, tourists just in front of the WFC plot.

http://community.webshots.com/s/image8/8/42/15/126784215tIIMBQ_ph.jpg

Full resolution pic : http://community.webshots.com/s/image8/8/42/15/126784215tIIMBQ_fs.jpg

Midnight Rambler
Apr 5, 2004, 7:08 AM
I can't wait to see this one start rising...

Jaroslaw
Apr 5, 2004, 8:01 AM
A great find, avcellus! Those tourists must be Photoshopped out of there! BUT why are they still apparently working on the foundations (the red vertical crane)? I thought that was done. Next: a photo that actually shows people on the site!!!

avcellvs
Apr 5, 2004, 1:11 PM
Jaroslaw, that's exactly what I keep asking myself. Those vertical cranes are usually used for foundations. So why are they back ?

Is it because of the new building height (still a Mori Co. secret) they have to do some additional work ?

Fabb said no :

The foundations were made for a 460 m tower if I remember correctly. The height added represents 7 percent of the initial plan, but probably less than 7 percent of the weight.

But Mori Co. now speaks of a higher than 500 m building. Is it still possible without affecting the previous foundations reliability?

A bigger height increases weight, but what about the added wind pressure? Is Shanghai in a typoons zone ?

Chad
Apr 5, 2004, 2:06 PM
I am glad this project really u/c....so fine looking tower.

avcellvs
Apr 6, 2004, 3:25 PM
A rendering of the observation deck inside the top circular hole. I had never seen this before, it gives a good indication of its thinner upper floors size.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~hnetten/swfc027.jpg

Fabb
Apr 6, 2004, 4:53 PM
It'll be a dizzying experience.

Chad
Apr 7, 2004, 4:29 AM
I thought they gonna built the ferry' wheel..?

tuy
Apr 7, 2004, 4:38 AM
Any guesses as to when the first pic showing SWFC rising out of the ground will get posted?

I look forward to seeing pictures of the building as it starts to grow upward.

avcellvs
Apr 7, 2004, 4:45 AM
We don't know yet precisely when it will rise (see previous messages). I'll post a photograph as son as I'll find one. May be someone in Shanghai will.

JACKinBeantown
Apr 7, 2004, 4:48 PM
Or an octagon. The number eight is good luck in China.

I think that's a great idea. It would still allow for the ferris wheel. The only problem I could see is if they got upset because the number 8 has significant meaning in Islam.

Midnight Rambler
Apr 7, 2004, 10:39 PM
I thought they gonna built the ferris wheel..?

OH MY GOD THAT WOULD BE SO AWESOME

some_stupid_nut
Apr 8, 2004, 2:55 AM
I think its still part of the plans. Those renders are from years ago, I remember them on WTB.com.

Razqal
Apr 8, 2004, 4:18 AM
According to an article i read, official height will still be only 492 meters. that's not going to beat Taipei 101 to be world's tallest. I don't know why media keeps saying SFC will become world's tallest.

avcellvs
Apr 8, 2004, 6:25 AM
Some years ago, a ferris wheel was planned for a recreation park in the North Bund new area projects. This has nothing to do with WFC or the Lujiazui zone.

ztopp
Apr 8, 2004, 6:33 AM
^That's what i thought too.

van Gogh
Apr 8, 2004, 7:22 AM
no, there will be a ferris wheel inside the circular top of the building. Someone posted a model of that b4.

tuy
Apr 8, 2004, 7:28 AM
I did see something about a ferris wheel inside the building before, but I don't think that it was a real serious proposal

avcellvs
Apr 8, 2004, 8:03 AM
2 Van Gogh : Thanks, I had never heard about it before. I do hope this was not a serious proposal. Can someone post a rendering for this nonsense ferris wheel on the SFC ?

Fabb
Apr 8, 2004, 8:35 AM
Ferris wheels are just good for amusement parks. Do they really think that they can lure tourists with that kind of ugly things ?
Sadly, they can.

igzaklee
Apr 8, 2004, 8:46 AM
Razqal: that's because you're experiencing the mystical media's mind-bending fact-altering self-hype machinization of the 21st century...

:sly

some_stupid_nut
Apr 8, 2004, 3:25 PM
I think it is serious. Its not really a ferris wheel, its more like a tram thing. Like the thing in the Gateway Arch in St Louis. You cant see it, its inside. The glass on the top is like clear so people riding in it can see outside. I think.

There was a post here. I remember it. With renderings and photos. If anybody still has it? I even had one a animation from Crystal CG. I cant find it on my comp though. GRR!

EDIT:

I found it! The original couldnt fit on my ftp. I had to make it a DIVX file. The video is pretty good quality but the sound sucks. Oh well. You guys prolly just wanna see the ferris wheel anyways. Its near the end. Here it is. I dont know how long I can keep it hosted.

http://members.cox.net/qthai/shjinrongzhx.avi

avcellvs
Apr 8, 2004, 8:22 PM
Thanks for the divx post.

I need to solve technical problems to be able to view it (does not work with latest QuickTime). Which software did you use?

some_stupid_nut
Apr 9, 2004, 12:56 AM
http://download.divx.com/divx/DivX511.exe

Download that file. Install it and you should be able to view it in Windows Media Player.

coth
Apr 9, 2004, 5:56 AM
nice video, but I don't like that ferris wheel...

some_stupid_nut
Apr 9, 2004, 1:58 PM
Its near the end. The ferris wheel is inside the hole at the top. It rings the circle. You can see boxes going around the hole, thats the ferris wheel.

avcellvs
Apr 9, 2004, 4:06 PM
Thanks "some stupid nut" for the video and the technical infos.

Warning : it works on Macs too, I could watch the video through QuickTime with the add of that codec.

Well that ferris wheel is totally integrated inside the building so you can't see it from the outside. Good news! I was afraid it had been added after the building conception and had ruined its design. So I don't mind if they build it, but the panoramic view from the narrow glass deck will be quite enough of an excitement for me... No need to turn every step in this world into a Dineyland experience. May be it has been planned because of the future competition between the three Lujiazui observation decks. Soon a 7 G rocket lift to the top of the third supertall or whatever.

ggnykk
Apr 9, 2004, 7:54 PM
That ferris wheel design is 100% real and serious.

avcellvs
Apr 10, 2004, 10:19 AM
That ferris wheel design is 100% real and serious

Do you mean we can take it for granted it will be built ?.
The decision has now been taken, it's not a mere option ?

Chad
Apr 10, 2004, 12:34 PM
One thing I dont understand is that why there are so many recent pics on those other projects around Shanghai and very fews on this World Financial Center?, I mean,.....This is BIG!!, why dont those photographers take just a shot of it?

mewonlottery
Apr 10, 2004, 9:50 PM
i can't wait to see SWFC to pop out! it is gonna be amazing!

Aboveday
Apr 11, 2004, 8:15 AM
Do you mean we can take it for granted it will be built ?.
The decision has now been taken, it's not a mere option ?

Yes ,there was a conference about the fire safety on the ferris wheel on february .:D

avcellvs
Apr 11, 2004, 9:33 AM
Thanks Aboveday, now we know.

coth
Apr 11, 2004, 11:21 AM
february of 2004 or 2003?

Aboveday
Apr 11, 2004, 4:36 PM
2004;)

PHLguy
Apr 11, 2004, 5:58 PM
According to an article i read, official height will still be only 492 meters. that's not going to beat Taipei 101 to be world's tallest. I don't know why media keeps saying SFC will become world's tallest.

SWFC roof would be higher

but right now im not getting my hopes up on this project:no:

avcellvs
Apr 13, 2004, 1:34 PM
Typhoon Square :

Looking for construction pictures of the Grand Gateway twins towers I found an article about the acceleration of winds caused by the proximity of high towers.

I was wondering if that could happen in between the JinMao and WFC (not to speak of the third planned supertall) as they will be very close from each other. Any technician among us to answer this question ?

Jaroslaw
Apr 13, 2004, 5:10 PM
It seemed OK with the NY WTC, although those towers were farther apart, it seems, than these, and they were not facing each other. A recent concern mentioned in the NYT was how terrible the winds were in the plaza below, though.

ztopp
Apr 14, 2004, 12:31 AM
One thing I dont understand is that why there are so many recent pics on those other projects around Shanghai and very fews on this World Financial Center?, I mean,.....This is BIG!!, why dont those photographers take just a shot of it?

Most probably its because they haven't started to raise the SWFC yet. But i'm sure they will take photos of it once it starts rising. For the mean time, let's just wait and see.

some_stupid_nut
Apr 14, 2004, 3:19 AM
Due to bandwidth limitations I had to stop hosting that file of SWFC. I think most of you have downloaded it anyways.

avcellvs
Apr 14, 2004, 6:58 AM
2 some stupid nut : thanks again for the video.

About pictures of the WFC construction, we are all very impatient. I have been digging the web like craze hoping for some discovery, but nothing until now.
Unless you are a reporter or someone in Shanghai interested in highrises you'll never go on the WFC plot to take a picture. So we are left with random pics by tourists which will not necessarily be focused on this building. These days, no tourists shots from the Oriental Pearl. And these pics will have to be high resolution shots by clear weather so we can see some details.

coth
Apr 14, 2004, 7:24 AM
Due to bandwidth limitations I had to stop hosting that file of SWFC. I think most of you have downloaded it anyways.

here guys, if someone still not watch it...
http://coth.hotbox.ru/video/shjinrongzhx.avi

ztopp
Apr 14, 2004, 7:47 AM
Thanks for the link again coth!!

avcellvs
Apr 14, 2004, 8:15 AM
Thanks Coth.

Dark357g
Apr 16, 2004, 11:48 PM
Any new photographs?

Chad
Apr 17, 2004, 4:16 AM
Any new photographs?

dont think so...;)

Dark357g
Apr 18, 2004, 2:06 AM
darn

avcellvs
Apr 20, 2004, 5:43 PM
After ten days without updates, pix are back ! Nothing sensational, probably just foundation works.

April 4th 2004 view from the Oriental Pearl (no high resolution version):

http://community.webshots.com/s/image13/4/31/17/133843117UCezDT_ph.jpg

Another view from the Oriental Pearl, an april 15th post but this picture was probaly shot earlier than the previous. At least these bad photos show that things are moving daily on the plot :

http://community.webshots.com/s/image12/9/1/9/134490109TZowzK_ph.jpg
Full resolution : http://community.webshots.com/s/image12/9/1/9/134490109TZowzK_fs.jpg

Ground shot from the same day (of less interest).

http://community.webshots.com/s/image13/8/95/50/134489550dPsOoT_ph.jpg
Full resolution : http://community.webshots.com/s/image13/8/95/50/134489550dPsOoT_fs.jpg

ztopp
Apr 21, 2004, 6:07 AM
Eventhough the pics didn't show much progress...but thanks anyway!!

tuy
Apr 21, 2004, 7:16 AM
They did at least show some activity. The pictures were taken over two weeks ago, so it would be interesting to see some newer pictures. If anybody is traveling to Shanghai, make sure you go up the Oriental Pearl tower and take pictures. Better yet a picture from the observation deck of Jin Mao.

Chad
Apr 24, 2004, 3:29 AM
Well, with this speed of activity...I'm sure it will take them 15-20 years to finish such a tower like this...:dizzy:

avcellvs
Apr 24, 2004, 8:16 AM
Foundation work is anything but spectacular in Pudong. It's the same on the Jasper Tower plot, You can even doubt something is really happening there.

We know the WFC foundations were almost completed before construction resumed, so why are these complementary works necessary? Is it because of the "Shanghai's sinking" problem (that has been discovered since first works were competed)? Is it because of the building new height? It's quite hard to figure out when we will see first floors rise.

some_stupid_nut
Apr 24, 2004, 2:16 PM
Well that was years ago, maybe the some metal has rusted or they needa check te quality of the cement or something. :: shrugs ::

Matace
May 6, 2004, 4:40 PM
Any new pictures? Is anything much going on there?

shogun
May 6, 2004, 9:50 PM
I really like the SWFC design, but Im sick and tired of all that on hold/resumed/on hold etc. construction status. I wanna see some progress before I really believe that its actually going to be built, and I also cant understand why the developer seems to be unable to raise the necessary amount of money to build the project. They should sell the plot and design rights to SHKP, Im shure they will build it in no time :)

ztopp
May 7, 2004, 12:53 AM
^I really don't think that things are really that simple. There must be some complications regarding to the project but i can assure you that it'll definitely be built. So just sit back,relax and let them solve their problems.

Mercutio
May 7, 2004, 8:36 AM
^I really don't think that things are really that simple. There must be some complications regarding to the project but i can assure you that it'll definitely be built. So just sit back,relax and let them solve their problems.
:yes: Well said ztopp! I'm sure it will get built - eventually....

dchen
May 8, 2004, 11:11 AM
The building is definitely under construction. But I think we have to be patient since underground work takes really long time. We may see SWFC start to rise sometime in 2005.

avcellvs
May 24, 2004, 8:17 AM
May 17th 2004 pic of a tourist in front of the JinMao with the WFC cranes (foundations work) at the background :

http://community.webshots.com/s/image11/4/16/35/144141635xIJhxu_ph.jpg
Full resolution :
http://community.webshots.com/s/image11/4/16/35/144141635xIJhxu_fs.jpg

coth
May 24, 2004, 8:47 AM
looks, like they began to make new pit...

Chad
May 24, 2004, 1:39 PM
who is she ?

Aboveday
May 28, 2004, 3:17 PM
19-4-2004 news

http://www.whdszb.com/jj/t20040419_63226.htm (http://)

only available in chinese..

For translation:
http://babel.altavista.com/babelfish/tr

coth
May 28, 2004, 3:46 PM
can you suggest another translator? I don't understand half of babelfish translation... or just say in few word - what about it?