PDA

View Full Version : NEW YORK | 3 Hudson Blvd (The Girasole) | 987 FT | 56 FLOORS | ON HOLD

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11

Crawford
Jun 12, 2013, 12:57 AM
This was from a while ago

And that article is 100% correct. It's just that certain forumers don't seem to understand that concept of air rights (which is muddying up the 225 W57 thread, this thread, and now even the Hudson Yards North thread).

Again, this tower has air rights to top 432 Park. It probably has air rights to top any building on earth (assuming FAA permits could be granted). So what? Air rights have nothing to do with height. This building has always been 1,060 ft., and the fact that it has air rights to go taller has nothing to do with whether it will.

Zapatan
Jun 12, 2013, 1:01 AM
And that article is 100% correct. It's just that certain forumers don't seem to understand that concept of air rights (which is muddying up the 225 W57 thread, this thread, and now even the Hudson Yards North thread).

Again, this tower has air rights to top 432 Park. It has air rights to top any building on earth. So what? Air rights have nothing to do with height. This building has always been 1,060 ft., and the fact that it has air rights to go taller has nothing to do with whether it will.

I realize that, I was more just asking if anyone had any further information considering that people last year had been talking about this thing being significantly taller, that wasn't the only article to mention it either.

I wasn't even referring to air rights, air rights or not it said "could rise a similar height" (as 432) That implies there is a chance of a taller building, maybe not anymore but at least there was at one time, and that's all I was asking.

NYguy
Jun 12, 2013, 1:19 AM
I realize that, I was more just asking if anyone had any further information considering that people last year had been talking about this thing being significantly taller, that wasn't the only article to mention it either.

I wasn't even referring to air rights, air rights or not it said "could rise a similar height" (as 432) That implies there is a chance of a taller building, maybe not anymore but at least there was at one time, and that's all I was asking.

I thin he's lost. This building was never planned to rise higher. It is of a similar height, both are 1,000 ft tall buildings. From the time this tower was revealed, it has been the same design. Even the renderings released today reveal nothing new. We have always known what this tower was going to be. Obviously it could be developed as a taller building, but when you know what the plans are, you stick with the plans, not your imagination. To do otherwise would be foolish, and there are people who would have you be. I am not one of them. Stick with what you already know, until proven otherwise....:tup:

patriotizzy
Jun 12, 2013, 1:57 AM
I'm really happy they kept the design. Simple and elegant. Really like the slight twist neat the top of the tower's "fins." Also excited about the lighting!

NYguy
Jun 13, 2013, 12:19 AM
Christine Quinn (city council pres/mayoral candidate) will be the keynote speaker at a conference on the future of Midtown west, but some of the real estate bigs will be there also...
http://www.cvent.com/events/future-of-the-west-side-hudson-yards/event-summary-8817bd1f435947258c75c9d2ed37a3c3.aspx

http://www.bisnow.com/commercial-real-estate/new-york/the-best-block-in-nyc/

http://www.bisnow.com/testzz/writer/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/113.jpg

Yesterday, The Moinian Group announced its plans for 3 Hudson Blvd, a parcel that Joe Moinian bought 20 years ago. We snapped him—right, with with Avison Young tri-state prez Arthur Mirante II—at Moinian's new 3 Columbus Circle office. Moinian will spend $800M to $900M to build 1.5M SF of office, 22k SF of retail, and another 350k SF at the top that could go office, luxury condos, or a combo. And it'll be LEED Platinum. Arthur, who's speaking at Bisnow's Future of Midtown West event, says asking rents for the 47k SF base floors are $85/SF, and office on the upper floors would go for triple digits.

http://www.bisnow.com/testzz/writer/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/974921_10201556721426539_509368880_n.jpg

We also snapped Moinian Group development director Oskar Brecher and architect Dan Kaplan of FXFowle. Oskar says the full-block parcel means wide roads on three sides (34th Street, Eleventh Avenue, and the to-be-built Hudson Boulevard) that allow plenty of light and air, 360-degree views, and an efficient structure (concrete core, flexible steel from there to the periphery). The site also sits on solid bedrock, unlike much of the rest of Manhattan. "It's as if someone from heaven wanted us to build here," Oskar says.

http://www.bisnow.com/testzz/writer/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Hudson_context.jpg

What truly makes the site unique, though, is that it's the intersection of three major infrastructure projects. Office entrances will be at 34th and Eleventh (at the High Line's terminus) and 35th and Hudson Boulevard. That's also the entrance to the subway's 7 line extension. Oskar says the underground cavern of the station—NYC's largest station—could hold the Empire State Building on its side. A residential entrance, if condos happen, will be on 34th Street. 3 Hudson Blvd also is across the street from the Javits Center, where renovations overseen by Dan—including the city's largest green roof—are just about done.

http://www.bisnow.com/testzz/writer/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/34th_Street_Cropped.jpg

Dan's 3 Hudson Blvd design features two six-story wings with 300-foot-wide LED screens for an office tenant to play with. And a two-level common space with Sky Lounge (lounge, meeting space, bar, restaurant, and terraces) tops it all off. Oskar says the MTA expects to finish 7 line construction in early 2015 but adds that if an anchor tenant or two have signed on, Tishman Construction could start foundation work while the MTA is wrapping up, as the subway's escalators cut through 3 Hudson Blvd's foundation.

We'd love you to join us a week from today to hear more about 3 Hudson Blvd, the rest of Hudson Yards, and Manhattan West from Art, New York City Council Speaker Christine Quinn, Related Hudson Yards president Jay Cross, Brookfield Office Properties Dennis Friedrich, Silverstein Properties CEO Larry Silverstein, Cushman & Wakefield global brokerage chair Bruce Mosler, CBRE's Rob Stillman, Hudson Yards Development prez Ann Weisbrod, FTI Consulting's Bruce Schonbraun, and Langan's George Leventis.

Zapatan
Jun 13, 2013, 12:23 AM
I thin he's lost. This building was never planned to rise higher. It is of a similar height, both are 1,000 ft tall buildings. From the time this tower was revealed, it has been the same design. Even the renderings released today reveal nothing new. We have always known what this tower was going to be. Obviously it could be developed as a taller building, but when you know what the plans are, you stick with the plans, not your imagination. To do otherwise would be foolish, and there are people who would have you be. I am not one of them. Stick with what you already know, until proven otherwise....:tup:

Ok here we go again... I never said it was, there were rumors so I was simply asking if anyone knew anything about it. Amazing how the simplest things get blown out of proportion on here.

I'm really happy they kept the design. Simple and elegant. Really like the slight twist neat the top of the tower's "fins." Also excited about the lighting!

I agree completely, this building, like most in development in NY at the moment, is amazing :)

NYguy
Jun 13, 2013, 12:28 AM
Ok here we go again... I never said it was, there were rumors so I was simply asking if anyone knew anything about it. Amazing how the simplest things get blown out of proportion on here.

Really.

Remember like a year back when they were talking about making this thing 1500+ feet? Whatever happened to those plans... :shrug:

What's amazing is your short term memory loss. You started this particular course of discussion with that statement. If you don't want people to respond to your comments, then don't make any.

Onn
Jun 22, 2013, 4:02 PM
Sounds like this one is inching closer to happening. This is like the dark horse of the Hudson Yards development.

Moinian Group Selling Downtown Loss Angeles Land

http://images.realtytoday.com/data/images/full/7451/downtown-los-angeles-skyline.jpg?w=630

Rapti Gupta
Jun 22, 2013
Realty Today

Joseph Moinion, owner of Moinian Group, the famous New York-based commercial property developing firm, is reportedly seeking buyers for a 4.5 acre piece of prime land in downtown Los Angeles. A luxury hotel project was supposed to come up in the area, but however got cancelled. Now the land is up for sale.

According to Bloomberg, the land has already garnered bids from ten potential buyers with the price going up to around $180 million. Bids are bound to get higher and the deal is expected to close within the next two months.

Joseph Moinian purchased the property from Anschutz Entertainment Group for around $80 million in 2006. He had planned to develop a mixed use development project on the land but decided to focus on real estate in New York instead, reports Daily Business Review.

More recently, the Moinian Group revealed plans of a brand new project, which will be a major part of the Hudson Yards development in New York. The new project is slated to be a mixed-use 1000 feet tall, 1.8 million square feet tower called "3 Hudson Boulevard".

"For more than two decades The Moinian Group has believed that the new West Side would emerge as Manhattan's most sought-after neighborhood. Our new mixed-use building at 3 Hudson Boulevard will stand as the pinnacle of elegance along the new Hudson Boulevard & Park. With 3 Hudson Boulevard, you are going to see something truly spectacular," Joseph Moinian said to the Commercial Observer.
http://www.realtytoday.com/articles/4506/20130622/moinian-group-selling-downtown-loss-angeles-land.htm

mrnyc
Jun 24, 2013, 10:09 PM
from today - 1st lets get a panorama of the lay of the land:

http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o725/NYCnMore/panoramas/null_zpsa9c3d648.jpg

http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o725/NYCnMore/nyc/null_zps262217c4.jpg

http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o725/NYCnMore/nyc/null_zpsecdc7fd3.jpg

^ hmm, hope i got that right? i was standing on the nw corner of w33rd st/11th ave and looking up to w34th st

NYguy
Jun 25, 2013, 5:22 PM
That's correct. The first shot includes the 1 Hudson Yards site. (Related will probably use the more proper 1 Hudson Boulevard.)

j-biz
Jun 25, 2013, 6:17 PM
from today - 1st lets get a panorama of the lay of the land:

http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o725/NYCnMore/panoramas/null_zpsa9c3d648.jpg

Does anybody know what that windowless concrete building on the right side of the photo is? It's been built in just the last year. Is that part of the One Hudson Yards development?

NYguy
Jun 25, 2013, 6:30 PM
Does anybody know what that windowless concrete building on the right side of the photo is? It's been built in just the last year. Is that part of the One Hudson Yards development?

Yes and no. It is to be incorporated into the base of whatever tower goes up there, but it is for the subway station below.

mrnyc
Jun 25, 2013, 10:32 PM
Yes and no. It is to be incorporated into the base of whatever tower goes up there, but it is for the subway station below.

yes j-biz its for the subway -- and if you look to the very left of the photo you can see another one of those. its just north of the girasole site. btw up close i noticed this gigantic subway vent box now has what looks like fancy dark granite stone paneling. maybe its faux material, but if not i thought that was unusual for something like this. i guess they want them to fit in with whats to come!

here are a couple other views of those i took.
this is the one on w33rd.

http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o725/NYCnMore/nyc/null_zpsefd7e32e.jpg

http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o725/NYCnMore/nyc/null_zps94fbf5ec.jpg

this is the one up at w35th:

http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o725/NYCnMore/nyc/null_zps5a6d4232.jpg

scalziand
Jun 25, 2013, 11:51 PM
Sounds like this one is inching closer to happening. This is like the dark horse of the Hudson Yards development.

http://www.realtytoday.com/articles/4506/20130622/moinian-group-selling-downtown-loss-angeles-land.htm

Nah, the Sherwood Equities tower is the darkhorse.

NYguy
Jun 26, 2013, 12:41 PM
i guess they want them to fit in with whats to come!

It won't be too hard to blend that into whatever base get's built. Even if it is of a different color and design, it just looks like mechanical space.

( hidden on the left )

http://www.pbase.com/nyguy/image/143812404/large.jpg

http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o725/NYCnMore/nyc/null_zps94fbf5ec.jpg

Submariner
Jun 26, 2013, 4:06 PM
Forgive my ignorance, but is that large vent "cube" for when they build the platform over the current yard?

NYguy
Aug 13, 2013, 2:33 PM
http://commercialobserver.com/2013/08/hudson-hawk-the-moinian-groups-oskar-brecher-talks-hudson-yards/

Hudson Hawk: The Moinian Group’s Oskar Brecher Talks Hudson Yards
As director of development for the Moinian Group, Oskar Brecher is leading the charge to shift Midtown farther west.

By Gus Delaporte
August 13, 2013

In June, the Moinian Group announced its plans for 3 Hudson Boulevard, a 1,000-foot-tall, 1.8 million-square-foot tower between West 34th and West 35th Streets in Hudson Yards. Designed by Dan Kaplan of FXFOWLE, the property will include 1.5 million square feet of office space, 22,000 square feet of retail and possibly as much as 300,000 square feet of residential space. The man behind the Moinian Group project is Oskar Brecher, the company’s vice president and director of development. Across the United States, Mr. Brecher and his team are involved with nearly 10 million square feet of development. The Commercial Observer spoke with Mr. Brecher at his firm’s 3 Columbus Circle office, where he described the 3 Hudson Boulevard project envisioned by the Moinan Group, headed by CEO Joseph Moinian.

The Commercial Observer: Can you give some background on the vision of the plan at Hudson Yards and how it was formulated?

Mr. Brecher: We bought the property on the corner of 34th and 11th Avenue in 2005, and at that time the Hudson Yards initiative was in its earlier stages. But Joe had a vision of Midtown New York heading west. He had assets in this part of the city for as long as two decades and he felt that the city was going to move to the west, which would be part of the historic expansion of New York. In the ’60s, the major buildings of Rockefeller Center were built on the west side of Sixth Avenue, and then in the ’80s around the time Times Square was developed, Ninth Avenue became a respectable address. This was a part of the vision, and Joe bought four major parcels, all of them full block fronts, on 11th Avenue, and we still own those. That is, 25th through 26th, 34th through 35th, then 42nd through 43rd, and 43rd through 44th on the east side. You can see that Joe was positioning himself strategically.

Tell me about the project on the Far West Side and how it fits into Hudson Yards.

This particular parcel is called one of the four corners of Hudson Yards. By sheer strategic location, it became an important part of the Hudson Yards plan. When Joe bought it, it was not viewed as anything special in terms of how Hudson Yards developed. It turns out, it became very central to Hudson Yards in the sense that three of the biggest infrastructure initiatives all line up with this piece of land.

One is the 7 line extension. One end of the subway line actually comes through the building, so people will exit the 7 line through the basement of the building out into the park. Second—and most people don’t realize this—is that the High Line is going to terminate, when it is fully completed, at 34th and 11th, kitty-corner to the site. Third, there is a new Park Avenue-like street being developed in the city called Hudson Boulevard, and we are facing Hudson Boulevard. So the building is really surrounded by 34th Street, 35th Street and 11th Avenue.

What makes the site so unique by New York standards is that it occupies its entire block. What’s even rarer is that it is occupying three block fronts, which are wide streets. Almost no site in the city has this type of exposure, meaning the building stands all by itself. And the buildings around it are some distance away, making it very visible. It also allows for an efficient building to be built with a true center core. This building is going to be as perfect from a planning point of view as you can make it.

What are the plans for the building itself?

The site of the building is about 1.8 million square feet. The current design is 1.5 million square feet of office space and potentially 300,000 square feet of residential space at the top. But it may come out to be all office, depending on demand. We have a street-level retail segment, which is one of the things mandated in the plan, and we feel street-level retail is going to be a very important feature of the building. The building size and shape are an exceedingly good fit for major tenants.

Can you describe your process as a developer for a project such as this?

Clearly the primary basis of determining what we do with a site is the zoning. Zoning was not created in a vacuum, so these buildings that are on the four corners of Hudson Yards have the maximum zoning in Hudson Yards. And that has become a new standard in the city. The maximum is 33 times the floor-area ratio, which is much denser than the old maximum zoning levels were. It turns out, you do need this enormous critical mass to jump-start development in this part of the world.

The other thing you have to look at is the footprint. In this case, the footprint was 50,000 square feet. The plan has some guidelines involved with it. One of them is various setbacks and street wall requirements to create a form that gives the city its density but uniformity. For instance, if you go out on Park Avenue, there is a defined street wall where, if you look up, all of the buildings are virtually the same height. The same ideas were incorporated here to create uniformity.

We have a podium that covers the entire site, and this podium is where we are able to offer to prospective tenants things like trading floor space or showroom space or studio space, depending on which direction they are going. They have high ceilings, at least 11 feet, floor to ceiling.

You don’t want your executives to be on a giant floor with thousands of people. So the architect came up with a solution in which he took the building, and as he made the floors smaller, he created a bit of a pivot. And this will be a very interesting feature in the skyline. In a sense, what he has done—he has designed something that will follow the sun. The sun is at an angle off the street grid of the city, and he corrected that. It’s a very clever design.

What are the potential plans for the top of the building?

When it came to the apartments on top that may or may not be realized, we constricted the floor even more because those require smaller floor plates.

At the top of the building, we have a 15,000- to 20,000-square-foot event space, either dedicated to a specific tenant or in the form of a dining club or event space available for everybody.

Will there be branding opportunities for tenants?

What we have done is we have wrapped the roof in LED screens, and we will be able to project images either for public art or tenant identification. It will be a very dynamic, active building in the skyline.

Will the building be sustainable?

We took a great deal of effort ensuring the highest sustainability standards. We concluded ultimately that going LEED Platinum was not good enough. We wanted to go beyond that, and we will exceed LEED Platinum in terms of sustainability, [which is] an environmental responsibility.

The energy use in the building is extremely efficient compared to buildings that have been built earlier. At the moment this is state-of-the-art.

Can you speak, as a developer, to the growth of trends such as sustainability and branding and how you’re trying to incorporate them into your projects?

First of all, sustainability seems to be a demand of the major tenants that are interested in these buildings. The reason they are interested, we have concluded, is for two reasons: one is the retention of employees and the other is recruitment of employees. People should feel they are in an environment which does not waste—or needlessly use—energy and is responsible from an environmental point of view. Our sustainability practice is influenced both by our wanting to be recognized but also because it is a powerful marketing tool. Happily, the two come together.

In terms of branding, it seems other cities are much more advanced in terms of tying tenants into the building. We are making progress in that.

vkristof
Oct 24, 2013, 1:00 AM
Forgive my ignorance, but is that large vent "cube" for when they build the platform over the current yard?

AFAIK, that vent overbuild building is purely for the subway. The subway station is supposed to be "air tempered", not just vented.

However, the West Side yards & LIRR electric RR infrastructure WILL need venting when they build the Hudson Yards platform on top. I'd say the biggest example that will require venting is the LIRR substation in the NE corner that will have the North Tower/platform built on top.

And all those LIRR trains being stored in the yard during the midday must have have their AC turned on, dumping heat under the platform.

And the Manhattan West platform to the east of the AP building will restrict air flow through the short two track? wide tunnel under 10th Ave.

Should be interesting problem to deal with.

NYguy
Nov 25, 2013, 4:45 PM
http://www.costar.com/News/Article/Hudson-Yards-Land-Continues-to-Draw-Strong-Developer-Interest/154840?ref=/News/Article/Hudson-Yards-Land-Continues-to-Draw-Strong-Developer-Interest/154840&src=rss

By Randyl Drummer
November 25, 2013

..."Values are obviously going up," said Mirante, who heads leasing efforts for the Moinain Group’s planned 3 Hudson Boulevard, a 1.8 million-square-foot tower at 555 W. 34th Street occupying a city block at 34th Street and 11th Avenue. "We’re making two presentations a week on 3 Hudson Boulevard. The ice has now been broken with the Coach and L’Oreal and SAP transactions, and no longer will it be a big gamble to [invest] there."

Mirante said his bullishness on the Manhattan office leasing market, especially for new construction coming on line within the next three or four years, stems from a recognition that the office stock on the island averages between 50 and 60 years old.

"Leaders in the more successful companies are gravitating to new Class A space that’s more sustainable and efficient than the existing stock, and new buildings are going to lease more quickly than the old," he said. "We may be in equilibrium in this office market and it’s true the tenants are in a pretty good position and still have a lot of choices. But they don’t have many choices if they want to occupy new Class A space."

hunser
Dec 12, 2013, 10:35 PM
Lots of interest in this tower! :cheers:

http://www.rew-online.com/2013/12/12/moinian-shows-off-3-hudson-boulevard-2/

Moinian shows off 3 Hudson Boulevard

The Moinian Group today unveiled four new renderings for its 1.8 million square foot LEED Platinum tower, located on 11th Avenue between West 34th and West 35th Streets, which is designed by architect Dan Kaplan FAIA of FXFOWLE.

Thw new state-of-the-art, high-performance building will occupy a premiere location in the heart of the dynamic Far West Side, anchoring the new tree-lined Hudson Boulevard Park.

3 Hudson Boulevard will also provide direct access to the No. 7 Subway via the MTA’s new 34th Street subway station at the building’s entrance.

The new renderings of the sustainably progressive 3 Hudson Boulevard include:
· A dramatic image of the building looking west on 34th Street from the intersection with Hudson Boulevard Park;

· A Hudson River view, looking east, with the building prominently featured along the West Side skyline;

· A 40th floor office view looking east towards the Empire State Building; and,

· An interior view of the open 2nd floor sky lobby looking east above the tree tops of Hudson Boulevard Park.

Moinian released the new images as discussions have accelerated with several high-end tenants looking to occupy large blocks of space at the tower. The property is being leased by Avison Young.

In addition to approximately 1.5 million square feet of Class A office space and 22,000 square feet of retail space, on the uppermost floors 3 Hudson Boulevard is set to include another 350,000 square feet of Class A office or up to 14 floors of luxury residences.

Given 3 Hudson Boulevard’s design to maximize sunlight and views throughout the building — with the physical structure enhanced with a ‘twist’ — the tower will also provide 360 degree views of the Hudson River, High Line, Hudson Boulevard Park, Central Park, Times Square, and the Empire State Building.

The location also provides access to the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center for clients to host and attend major events.

“We are set to deliver a truly spectacular building at 3 Hudson Boulevard — the pinnacle of the new Far West Side,” said Joseph Moinian, founder of The Moinian Group. “These new renderings wonderfully present the elegance and sophistication we are bringing to our tenants and the neighborhood.”

“These renderings of 3 Hudson Boulevard express the spirit of the design: open, gracious, connected to greenery, and filled with sunlight,” Kaplan said. “They convey a stunning transformation of a large but underutilized block into a vibrant and sustainable addition to Manhattan”

“There is no question that tenants are responding to this world-class project, as we are actively speaking with several major companies who are considering 3 Hudson Boulevard as their new headquarters,” said Arthur Mirante, president of Avison Young’s Tristate Region. “The new renderings further illuminate just how stunning and sophisticated their new home will be.”

The building includes 48,000-square-foot floor plates on the podium level, 30,000- to 35,000-square-foot, column-free floor plates in the tower office floors, with 11-foot-high ceilings and with floor-to-ceiling windows.

An anchor tenant at 3 Hudson Boulevard will also have a branding opportunity. The tenant’s logo can be prominently displayed on the corner LED screen walls along the 11th Avenue and 34th Street frontages of the base floors, with day/night visibility. The tower will exceed LEED Platinum sustainability standards.

Office space at 3 Hudson Boulevard is being made available to tenants either as a direct lease or as an office condo. Tishman Construction is the lead construction partner on the project.

http://1.2.3.11/bmi/media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/6d/65/ed/6d65edd6f6499d5226c97bad424ba94a.jpg

http://cdn.cstatic.net/images/gridfs/52aa0d37f92ea17ea5019576/Hero%20Panoramic.JPG

http://cdn.cstatic.net/images/gridfs/52aa0d3cf92ea17ea5019580/Hero.jpg

http://cdn.cstatic.net/images/gridfs/52aa0d42f92ea17ea501958a/Office.jpg

http://cdn.cstatic.net/images/gridfs/52aa0d46f92ea17ea5019594/Lobby.JPG

http://1.2.3.12/bmi/i.imgur.com/7WUYZlo.png

Design-mind
Dec 12, 2013, 10:54 PM
Wow what a view of Midtown! Will be interesting to compare sq.ft cost with those of WTC's leases.

hunser
Dec 12, 2013, 11:33 PM
In addition to approximately 1.5 million square feet of Class A office space and 22,000 square feet of retail space, on the uppermost floors 3 Hudson Boulevard is set to include another 350,000 square feet of Class A office or up to 14 floors of luxury residences.

If the residential component is realized, the tower will most likely get a height boost.

NYguy
Dec 12, 2013, 11:52 PM
http://cdn.cstatic.net/images/gridfs/52aa0d37f92ea17ea5019576/Hero%20Panoramic.JPG

At this point, they could have included the rest of the Hudson Yards in the renderings, but I guess they didn't want to take the focus away.

http://www.themarino.org/press-release/press-release-moinian-group-unveils-new-renderings-for-3-hudson-boulevard

Moinian released these new images as discussions have accelerated with several high-end tenants looking to occupy large blocks of space at the highly sought-after tower. The property is being leased by Avison Young.

“We are set to deliver a truly spectacular building at 3 Hudson Boulevard — the pinnacle of the new Far West Side,” said Joseph Moinian, founder of The Moinian Group. “These new renderings wonderfully present the elegance and sophistication we are bringing to our tenants and the neighborhood.”

“There is no question that tenants are responding to this world-class project, as we are actively speaking with several major companies who are considering 3 Hudson Boulevard as their new headquarters,” said Arthur Mirante, President of Avison Young’s Tristate Region. “The new renderings further illuminate just how stunning and sophisticated their new home will be.”

The building includes 48,000-square-foot floor plates on the podium level, 30,000- to 35,000-square-foot, column-free floor plates in the tower office floors, with 11-foot-high ceilings and with floor-to-ceiling windows.

An anchor tenant at 3 Hudson Boulevard will also have a unique branding opportunity to join the ranks of some of New York City’s most premiere office towers. The tenant’s logo can be prominently displayed on the corner LED screen walls along the 11th Avenue and 34th Street frontages of the base floors, with day/night visibility. The tower will exceed LEED Platinum sustainability standards.

Office space at 3 Hudson Boulevard is being made available to tenants either as a direct lease or as an office condo. Tishman Construction is the lead construction partner on the project.

The opening of the 7-line extension next year will be a major factor in leasing here.

Hypothalamus
Dec 12, 2013, 11:55 PM
So. Many. Supertalls. :D

Submariner
Dec 13, 2013, 3:22 AM
Hopefully they're not exaggerating when they say they have several interested parties.

chris08876
Dec 13, 2013, 3:46 AM
Would an extra 14 floors translate to a boost of about 200 ft or so?

King DenCity
Dec 13, 2013, 4:19 AM
What a beautiful design. NYC never ceases to amaze me with the beauty that it promotes and has. (Not including times square of course ;) )

NYguy
Dec 13, 2013, 1:18 PM
Would an extra 14 floors translate to a boost of about 200 ft or so?

I doubt it. If it got any boost at all from residential, it wouldn't be that much.

on the uppermost floors 3 Hudson Boulevard is set to include another 350,000 square feet of Class A office or up to 14 floors of luxury residences.

It would probably be around the same height in either configuration (it will be either, or. Not and additional 14 floors. With a better design, they could boost the height with residential. But they've been sticking with this design for a while now, and it looks like they are sticking with it.

JG573
Dec 13, 2013, 3:11 PM
New York City is on steroids I really hope this boom does not slow down anytime soon because the sheer amount of supertalls and great architecture coming out of New York is not only incredible but not too many places around the world are on the level this city is right now in terms of development well at least in the western hemisphere.

reencharles
Dec 14, 2013, 1:58 AM
The rendering is very good. I will be very happy if the final design looks like this.

hunser
Dec 14, 2013, 1:59 PM
http://www.fxfowle.com/projects/51/3-hudson-boulevard/

http://www.fxfowle.com/directus/media/thumbnails/b68cb85f61abc0782aa7c187c142582a.jpg?w=1570&h=1211&c=false

http://www.fxfowle.com/directus/media/thumbnails/e27e19c8650172e465988e2de94d7803.jpg?w=853&h=1750&c=true

http://www.fxfowle.com/directus/media/thumbnails/ac92b9d654630bdab2b5928f5b873289.jpg?w=874&h=1750&c=true

http://www.fxfowle.com/directus/media/thumbnails/3a25754b65298818f934a236e5ce9d05.jpg?w=728&h=1750&c=true

Dac150
Dec 14, 2013, 5:30 PM
A nicely situated building with a striking design - I don't doubt there's interest. I am though very pleased that the design has more or less been retained since this proposal was first introduced.

vkristof
Dec 15, 2013, 9:21 PM
The current state of the 3 HB site is that it is still an active #7 subway extension construction site, "Site P":

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3833/11354799273_9970601368_b.jpg
Site P is in foreground, looking NW from the south side of 34th St & East Hudson Blvd. Tall crane is on site of future 3 HB, right (east) side of Site P is the future Hudson Blvd park bracketed by E & W Hudson Blvd, with a parking garage underneath. Grayish building is NOT on 3 HB site, it's the subway vent building at Site K, between 35th & 36th St.
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7344/11388284176_837a511134_o.jpg

The MTA committee's November report lists Site P's Forecast completion as Apr 2016, which probably ties into a forecast completion date for 3 HB. The Site P line item also footnotes "tt The scope of work in the Secondary Station Entrance Core & Shell and Building Systems/Finishes (Site P) contract package is not required for revenue service." As opposed to the primary entrance (adjacent to 55 HY, most of budget spent) only $15.3M of of the Current Contract's $84.1M has been spent.

http://www.mta.info/mta/news/books/pdf/131112_1030_transit-bus.pdf#page=276

Site P's secondary station entrance is probably what the stairs in this render are leading down to:

http://cdn.cstatic.net/images/gridfs/52aa0d46f92ea17ea5019594/Lobby.JPG

NYguy
Dec 16, 2013, 10:48 AM
I think the transit is one of the best things going for this site. We are finally at a time when its more viable to look at this site as an option.

For an idea of just how long we've been looking at this, a mockup I did six long years ago...

Not to exact scale, but a comparison of the two 34th Street designs...

http://www.pbase.com/nyguy/image/88418918/large.jpg

Couple of pics of the model taken yesterday. Given that Vornado's tallest is about 1,200 ft,
the Girasole must be in the 1,100 ft range.

http://www.pbase.com/nyguy/image/89338269/medium.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/nyguy/image/89338296/medium.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/nyguy/image/89338269/large.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/nyguy/image/89338296/large.jpg

Hasn't changed much since then.

ILNY
Dec 23, 2013, 6:14 AM
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2829/11507707973_f2ecb4824f_b.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7355/11507641574_1bcae52639_b.jpg

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5544/11507677566_d43e179b0e_b.jpg

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5536/11507689686_7d1778745d_b.jpg

NYguy
Dec 30, 2013, 2:38 PM
December 28, 2013

http://www.pbase.com/nyguy/image/153958293/original.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/nyguy/image/153958294/original.jpg

NYguy
Jan 3, 2014, 5:14 AM
http://www.pbase.com/nyguy/image/153998071/original.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/nyguy/image/153998072/original.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/nyguy/image/153998073/original.jpg

King DenCity
Jan 3, 2014, 6:39 AM
^I'm really starting to love this building :)

NYguy
Jan 8, 2014, 2:25 PM
Some strong words...

http://www.rew-online.com/2014/01/08/big-apple-builders-gung-ho-going-into-the-new-year/

Big Apple builders gung-ho going into the New Year

January 8, 2014
By Sarah Trefethen

...Moinian’s 3 Hudson Boulevard will start construction when the 7th Avenue Subway extension is completed later this year, Brecher said, pending identification of an anchor tenant.

“It will be tenanted by the end of 2014,” he said. “I’m convinced of that.”

supertallchaser
Jan 8, 2014, 8:06 PM
thats good news

Perklol
Jan 8, 2014, 9:45 PM
Looks like they'll start in the fall as the subway extension might open later during the year. A blogger had lots of pics of the unfinished station.

vkristof
Jan 9, 2014, 1:09 AM
Looks like they'll start in the fall as the subway extension might open later during the year. A blogger had lots of pics of the unfinished station.

As NYguy states earlier, the Moinan Group's director development has strong words “It will be tenanted by the end of 2014,” he said. “I’m convinced of that.”

IF that happens and they start in 2H2014, I think the MTA's Site P (the secondary entrance for the #7) will be essentially finished in Apr 2016, with an uncompleted tower above it.

But it does sound like we're entering the home stretch for building a tower on this site, so here's a look back:

I think the surface level of the Girasole site looks essentially as it did in November 2008 when it was the access shaft to construct the station's cavern. The excavation debris & it's holding bin is gone and the cranes are different, but it probably looks very similar to this photo looking NW:
http://www.mta.info/capconstr/7ext/images/image021.jpg
November 2008 MTA photo: "Access shaft constructed at 35th Street and 11th Avenue for excavation of the 34th Street Station cavern."
Note that NYguy used this photo in his Nov 20, '08 post: and that this was during the opening phase of the Troubled Asset Relief program (TARP): The worlds economy had beenn melting down '08...
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2855/11845978625_71aa03063f_b.jpg (http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showpost.php?p=3925593&postcount=208)

But what's below the Girasole site is mostly done compared to this March '07 MTA presentation to the HYDC. I don't know who the developer was in '07:
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2855/11845978625_71aa03063f_b.jpg

Submariner
Jan 9, 2014, 2:13 AM
It's very exciting to hear these bullish comments.

NYguy
Jan 17, 2014, 4:24 PM
Just a concept, but a look at a further redeveloping of the Javits site...

Jo1RDdyqiN0

Eidolon
Jan 28, 2014, 10:57 PM
Seems like they've secured a tenant! I'm guessing that this will be U/C quite soon.
:cheers:

Moinian to construct LEED Platinum, 1.8 million s/f tower; Designed by FXFOWLE (http://nyrej.com/69140)
The Moinian Group unveiled four new renderings for its 1.8 million s/f LEED Platinum tower, located on 11th Ave. between West 34th and West 35th Sts., which is designed by architect Dan Kaplan FAIA of FXFOWLE.The tower will exceed LEED Platinum sustainability standards. Tishman Construction is the lead construction partner on the project.

This new high-performance building will occupy the location in the Far West Side, anchoring the new tree-lined Hudson Blvd. Park. 3 Hudson Blvd. will also provide access to the No. 7 Subway via the MTA's new 34th St. subway station at the building's entrance.

"We are set to deliver a truly spectacular building at 3 Hudson Boulevard — the pinnacle of the new Far West Side," said Joseph Moinian, founder of Moinian. "These new renderings wonderfully present the elegance and sophistication we are bringing to our tenants and the neighborhood."

http://nyrej.com/images/stories/2014/69140_Moinian-Hero_opt.jpeg

http://nyrej.com/images/stories/2014/69140_Moinian-Office_opt.jpeg

Perklol
Jan 28, 2014, 11:06 PM
Excellent! This is a very good looking office building.

Submariner
Jan 28, 2014, 11:42 PM
Great news!

King DenCity
Jan 28, 2014, 11:57 PM
Yes! another supertall!

Dac150
Jan 29, 2014, 2:25 AM
I wouldn't pop any champagne bottles just yet as this article doesn't say anything that we don't already know. Nowhere in the full article does it indicate a tenant has been signed, though only that there's continued interest by prospects.

Nonetheless, I'm optimistic a tenant will materialize soon.

NYguy
Jan 29, 2014, 12:41 PM
Well, there is no tenant signed yet. It's a rehashing of an earlier release with the renderings.

hunser
Jan 31, 2014, 10:43 AM
From Vito Corleone (http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost.php?p=110982291&postcount=648) who is with the CTBUH:

Just received some drawings:

Height to top of screen wall: 315.2 m./1034 ft.
Height to roof garden: 299.2 m./981.75 ft.
66 floors

hunser
Feb 3, 2014, 3:33 PM
Would a moderator please change the thread title to NEW YORK | 3 Hudson Blvd (The Girasole) | 1,034 FT / 315 M | 66 FLOORS ? Thanks.

http://skyscrapercenter.com/new-york-city/3-hudson-boulevard/8765/

Figures
Height: Architectural 315.2 meter / 1034 feet
Height: Occupied 299.2 meter / 982 feet
Height: To Tip 315.2 meter / 1034 feet
Height: Observatory 299.2 meter / 982 feet
Floors Above Ground 66
Floors Below Ground 2
# of Elevators 36
Top Elevator Speed 7.11 m/s
Tower GFA 154,706 m² / 1,665,242 ft²
Development GFA 162,179 m² / 1,745,680 ft²
# of Apartments 120
# of Parking Spaces 84

Facts
Official Name 3 Hudson Boulevard
Complex Name Hudson Yards
Former / Other Name The GiraSole
Type building
Status Proposed
Country United States
State New York
City New York City
Street Address 555 West 34th Street (Map)
Building Function residential / office
Structural Material composite
Energy Label LEED Platinum
Proposed 2009
Start of Construction 2014
Completion 2018

Companies Involved
Owner/Developer Moinian Group
Architects
• Design FXFOWLE
• Architect of Record FXFOWLE
Structural Engineer WSP Cantor Seinuk
MEP Engineer WSP Flack + Kurtz
Main Contractor Tishman Construction

ILNY
Feb 3, 2014, 9:41 PM
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7369/12293211463_cbbbc3ce41_b.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3803/12293502054_15f08bc9e4_b.jpg

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2813/12293498364_175f4bfa45_b.jpg

New street
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3756/12293630686_4f0338fb8d_b.jpg

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5518/12293624256_9b2f5058e7_b.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7295/12293475864_b78b5751fb_b.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3795/12293238403_7afac1ebeb_b.jpg

hunser
Mar 2, 2014, 1:34 PM
Site is up: http://www.3hudsonblvd.com/

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/600x/99/10/62/991062b852ccd8ea6e47498089886e6e.jpg

Zapatan
Mar 2, 2014, 7:54 PM
Oooh baby :cheers:

fleonzo
Mar 2, 2014, 8:59 PM
I'd move this to the "Under Construction" thread!!:notacrook:

StoOgE
Mar 2, 2014, 11:04 PM
I almost hate to see Javitz go, especially now that it's getting a subway stop.

I have to go to a lot of conventions, and this is one of the nicer convention centers since you get so much sunlight in the main hall. The side halls are pretty dank, but that's pretty par for the course in these things.

NYguy
Mar 2, 2014, 11:40 PM
I'd move this to the "Under Construction" thread!!:notacrook:

It's not, and won't be until a tenant is signed.

Don't forget the twitter page either...

https://twitter.com/3hudsonblvd

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bb9XMDzCEAAG_PG.jpg:large

Perklol
Mar 7, 2014, 12:28 PM
I almost hate to see Javitz go, especially now that it's getting a subway stop.

I have to go to a lot of conventions, and this is one of the nicer convention centers since you get so much sunlight in the main hall. The side halls are pretty dank, but that's pretty par for the course in these things.

Where is the Javitz Center going?

ILNY
Mar 7, 2014, 2:03 PM
^Relocation plans are currently on hold.

Javits Center expansion revisited

By Lisa Fickenscher
September 29, 2013 12:01 a.m.

http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article/20130929/HOSPITALITY_TOURISM/309299979/javits-center-expansion-revisited

It was nearly two years ago that the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center's future was dangling on the end of a wrecking ball. Now supporters of the facility are floating new plans to expand the 27-year-old building and finally turn it into the destination convention center that the city sorely needs.

The fact that the largest city in the country operates just the 12th-largest convention center is partly the reason Gov. Andrew Cuomo in early 2012 introduced a plan to tear down the cramped facility in favor of a sprawling new center adjacent to a casino in South Ozone Park, Queens. The proposal was quickly abandoned, however, after negotiations broke down with the casino operator, Genting Americas, which would have covered development costs.

ILNY
Mar 17, 2014, 4:08 AM

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3791/13197168483_ca4904a4f7_b.jpg

They got a robot!
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7262/13197346584_57cb8c76fd_b.jpg

Second subway entrance?
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3687/13197339014_2fe2b1b489_b.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7391/13197327364_eedc33f55d_b.jpg

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2609/13197130963_237830e484_b.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3797/13197181063_49678a5653_b.jpg

NYguy
Mar 31, 2014, 11:33 AM
http://www.globest.com/news/12_826/newyork/development/Mirante-Ive-Never-Felt-as-Optimistic-as-I-do-Today-344334.html

Mirante: “I've Never Felt as Optimistic as I Do Today”

By Rayna Katz
March 31, 2014

In light of the recent rise—albeit a small one—in interest rates, coupled with the fall of the financial services sector and memories of the recession, one might be concerned about where things are headed.

But not Arthur Mirante II. The tri-state president and a principal of the fast growing services firm Avison Young—and the CEO for 20-years of Cushman & Wakefield, where he toiled in various positions for more than 40 years—is nothing but bullish on the city’s future.

“I've never felt as optimistic as I do today about our market’s fundamentals,” he said during a luncheon presentation in Midtown to the local chapter of the Appraisal Institute. “Students, young professionals…everyone wants to be here. We’re a growing technology and healthcare hub, the financial sector has stabilized and may even grow and we’re the most preferred real estate market in the world; we’re a safe haven. Plus, the capital supply from overseas is strong, so I don’t expect cap rates to rise, even with rising interest rates.”

.....Looking around the city, landlords are preparing for corporate growth, he added. “Look at 425 Park Ave., which L&L Holding Co. plans to replace with a new 650,000-square-foot tower; 75 Rockefeller Plaza and 280 Park Ave. All over the city, we’re seeing new lobbies and other upgrades to accommodate anticipated growth.”

A good example of this, he said, is 3 Hudson Blvd. which, as it happens, is being marketed by Avison Young. “Hudson Yards is the largest private real estate development in history and, at the center of it all is Three Hudson Blvd, which sits at the confluence of the Highline, from the south. The new 7 train terminal is on the site, and 30,000 commuters are expected in the station at peak times. Tenants of the tower won’t have to even cross the street to enter the building from the subway.”

“The building has many efficiencies, it’s column free, has floor to ceiling windows and it’s being built in excess of LEED-platinum status. It’s suited to companies’ densification needs, and that’s something many firms are doing right now.”

The building also features favorable financial terms for prospective tenants, he noted, as the location comes with tax incentives. “An anchor tenant would get a 25% tax abatement. Time Warner executives—who recently announced the company would move to Hudson Yards from its Columbus Circle location—said the move will allow the company to ‘reallocate substantial savings to our core business. “”

Still, 3 Hudson Yards won’t be built on spec, Mirante noted. “It needs a 500 to 600-square-foot anchor tenant, but it’s an as-of-right project, so once a tenant has signed, the project should be ready for delivery in 30 to 36 months.”

“It’s a viable and vibrant new business location,” he added in describing Hudson Yards. Though in general, Mirante sounded a call for vibrant development throughout the city.

“Even with the same rate of employment growth over the next five years as we’ve had for the last five, the city needs another 21 million square feet of office space just to maintain equilibrium.”

NYguy
Apr 23, 2014, 7:17 PM
Two potentially good pieces of news...

http://www.rew-online.com/2014/04/23/moinian-in-talks-on-hudson-deal/

Moinian in talks on Hudson deal

By Konrad Putzier
April 23, 2014

The Moinian Group is in advanced talks with an unnamed company to lease 600,000 s/f at its planned office tower 3 Hudson Boulevard.

Avison Young’s tri-state president Arthur Mirante, who oversees the building’s leasing, told Real Estate Weekly that he has exchanged proposals and counter-proposals with a prospective tenant and hopes to have the lease signed by June.

Mirante declined to name the tenant, but there are currently only a handful of companies in the market for office space of that size.

One possible candidate is Time Inc., which is understood to be looking for a new, 600,000 s/f headquarters and is reportedly also considering Brookfield Place downtown.

Time’s parent company, Time Warner, recently announced it will be moving from Columbus Circle to Related’s Hudson Yards, located a block away from 3 Hudson Boulevard. A Time spokesperson declined to comment on the company’s office search.

Law firm Skadden Arps is another possibility. Today The New York Post reported that Skadden is looking to lease between 550,000 and 600,000 s/f either in 3 Hudson Boulevard or at Brookfield’s Manhattan West.

The Wall Street Journal recently reported that Google is also looking to lease an additional 600,000 s/f in Manhattan.

The planned 1,8 million s/f Moinian office tower, located at the corner of 11th Avenue and 34th Street, has so far failed to land any major tenants. Work on the foundation is underway, but for the tower to rise, it first needs to pre-lease a significant portion of its space.

3 Hudson Boulevard was designed by Dan Kaplan of FXFOWLE and expected to cost between $800 million and $900 million. Mirante said asking rents at the base of the tower are $85 per s/f gross.

Time and Google certainly fit the profile of the types of firms showing interest in the developments surrounding the Hudson Yards.

Cushman & Wakefield’s chairman of Global Brokerage Bruce Mosler, who handles the leasing for Brookfield’s nearby Manhattan West project, said he has noticed strong interest in the far west side from media, technology, advertising and fashion companies.

“For the last 12 months, the interest level has risen consistently across the board,” he said, adding that companies are drawn to the new towers’ efficient design and to the area’s transportation infrastructure.

Now for that second piece...

http://nypost.com/2014/04/23/eataly-to-ciao-down-at-4-world-trade-center/

Lois Weis
April 23, 2014

Legal behemoth Skadden Arps, which was a pioneering tenant at the Durst Organization’s 4 Times Square, is looking to another game-changing neighborhood.

Despite efforts to lure it downtown, the law firm wants to stay in Midtown, sources said. The hunt for space, handled by Peter Riguardi and Ken Siegal of JLL, has led it to the upcoming Hudson Yards area.

While The Post’s Steve Cuozzo has previously reported on Skadden’s search, we hear the team is focusing on 3 Hudson Boulevard and Manhattan West.

In both cases, Skadden would become the anchor tenant with 550,000 to 600,000 square feet. Of that total, 50,000 square feet is for back-office functions that could be moved to a lower-priced alternative nearby.

Manhattan West is a multi-tower project along Ninth Avenue between 30th and 33rd streets being developed by Brookfield Properties with leasing through Cushman & Wakefield. The first 67-story tower will have 2 million square feet.

C&W has been offering 450 W. 33rd St., which will get new floor-to-ceiling greenhouse-like windows, as the back-office alternative.

Hudson Boulevard is a 1.89 million-square-foot tower proposed by Joseph Moinian at the northeast corner of Eleventh Avenue and 34th Street being leased through Avison Young.

The law firm is said to be tired of Times Square, where it moved before it became gridlocked with pedestrians. Even if Skadden remained, the firm faced a disruptive restacking to get freshened and technologically updated office space.

Durst is also beginning to ask $80 to $90 per square foot, and Skadden believes it can get a better deal to anchor a new building and get early leasing lower taxes, just as they did when they signed their 20-year lease in 1996. That lease does not end until May 2020 but requires a 24-month notice to renew for five years.

Co-tenant Condé Nast is also moving from the lower portion of the tower to One World Trade Center. Its lease term is being paid for by the Port Authority while Durst tries to lease to another tenant.

Skadden does have the right to take over the rest of the building.

No one would comment.

NYguy
May 15, 2014, 4:36 PM
http://www.realestatearts.com/Renderings

http://www.pbase.com/nyguy/image/155665556/original.jpg

http://payload64.cargocollective.com/1/4/154019/3591377/Real-Estate-Arts-rendering-for-3-Hudson-Bouleveard-Hudson-Yards.jpg

King DenCity
May 15, 2014, 4:59 PM
Certainly imposing. Although I'm not sure how I feel about the chaotic design. Of course not the final design though...

NYguy
May 15, 2014, 5:10 PM
Certainly imposing. Although I'm not sure how I feel about the chaotic design. Of course not the final design though...

This is probably as close to final design as they are gonna get. It hasn't really changed at all since revealed a few years ago, only the renders have. The only question would be what type of space will be at the top, office or residential, and if that will have any bearing on the look.

Onn
May 15, 2014, 7:59 PM
Clicked on the site and whoa! Never seen this before! That is cool and perfect for Brookfield Place! Never knew it was coming. :D

http://payload64.cargocollective.com/1/4/154019/3591377/Real-Estate-Arts-3D-Renderings-New-Developments.jpg

http://payload64.cargocollective.com/1/4/154019/3591377/Real-Estate-Arts-Apple-Store-Rendering-for-Brookfield.jpg
http://www.realestatearts.com/Renderings

CityGuy87
May 15, 2014, 11:31 PM
Clicked on the site and whoa! Never seen this before! That is cool and perfect for Brookfield Place! Never knew it was coming. :D

I thought they were also putting an Apple Store in the WTC mall

chris08876
May 15, 2014, 11:36 PM
I thought they were also putting an Apple Store in the WTC mall

They are, along with a new store on the Upper East side.

Michael12374
May 19, 2014, 9:22 PM
OH SOOOOO much better then the original design. It might just be from a different angle, but wow. Not just another square box. (Just saw this today on Yimby, I little late I know)

NYguy
May 19, 2014, 10:48 PM
Same design, only the renders have changed.

http://www.pbase.com/nyguy/image/155665556/original.jpg_http://www.pbase.com/nyguy/image/115943329/original.jpg__http://www.pbase.com/nyguy/image/115943314/original.jpg__http://www.pbase.com/nyguy/image/115943318/original.jpg

chris08876
May 20, 2014, 12:10 AM
IDK if this was posted earlier, but YIMBY has new renderings of the landscaping base as of today:

New Renderings: 3 Hudson Boulevard

http://www.yimbynews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/3-hudson-boulevard-base.jpg

The landscaped base of the 1.5 million square foot tower will open directly onto Hudson Boulevard, which will become the pedestrian spine of the re-developed neighborhood; while the first components of the 7-line extension are about to open, the image gives a better glimpse of the actual park, which is currently being sculpted. Fountains and trees dominate the layout — as well as the actual subway entrance — and the resulting green space will offer a pleasant respite from the hustle and bustle inside neighboring office towers.
==========================
MAY 19TH 2014
http://www.yimbynews.com/2014/05/new-renderings-3-hudson-boulevard.html

ILNY
May 20, 2014, 12:39 AM
^ This is view at 55 Hudson Boulevard. The Girasole is a parking lot across from Javits on that render. Wow, it will be hard to recognize this place in a few years.

Onn
May 20, 2014, 1:59 AM
It just keeps getting better, love the new shot! :D

NYguy
May 20, 2014, 6:06 AM
^ This is view at 55 Hudson Boulevard. The Girasole is a parking lot across from Javits on that render. Wow, it will be hard to recognize this place in a few years.

It's 3 Hudson (note 34th St to the south). The plaza is actually a part of the Hudson Boulevard Park that will extend from the north all the way into the railyard development.
Also, as a reminder, this is a "twisting" tower, similar to the original plan for the Freedom Tower. Depending on the angle viewed, it will change more than it otherwise would.

http://www.yimbynews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/3-hudson-boulevard-base.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/nyguy/image/153998072/original.jpg

ILNY
May 20, 2014, 1:30 PM
It's 3 Hudson (note 34th St to the south). The plaza is actually a part of the Hudson Boulevard Park that will extend from the north all the way into the railyard development.

Ok, the second Subway entrance got me confused. The first entrance is by 55 Hudson Boulevard.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2609/13197130963_237830e484_b.jpg

NYguy
May 20, 2014, 3:10 PM
Ok, the second Subway entrance got me confused. The first entrance is by 55 Hudson Boulevard.

Here's a handy graphic...

http://www.pbase.com/nyguy/image/154488249/original.jpg

An idea of some of the landscaping for the new HB park...

jschumacher (https://www.flickr.com/photos/jschumacher/14246400283/sizes/l/in/photostream/)

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2940/14246400283_5af907eee7_b.jpg

vkristof
May 22, 2014, 2:02 PM
Here's a handy graphic...

http://www.pbase.com/nyguy/image/154488249/original.jpg

An idea of some of the landscaping for the new HB park...

jschumacher (https://www.flickr.com/photos/jschumacher/14246400283/sizes/l/in/photostream/)

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2940/14246400283_5af907eee7_b.jpg

Thanks for the diagrams & reminders. i've found this somewhat confusing as well AND I've actually been to these sites a few times in the last half year...

I've posted a snip of a hardcore shutterbug/flckr view from the Ohm building that gives an oblique view of 33rd to 37th streets. The snip includes all the MTA sites in this area that will turn into buildings or Hudson Blvd Park.

View is looking north from the Ohm, south side of 30th street; 11th Ave is just out-frame-left. High concrete wall at bottom is privacy/security wall for LIRR West Side Storage Yard. Hudson Blvd East starts just above top of yellow construction crane in bottom right: it is elevated quite a bit above 33rd St and has a bunch of construction/storage trailers parked on it.
The 3 Hudson Blvd site still has a construction vent (the right angle orange tube at left) coming out of the under-construction #7 subway station, BUT the site (two white telescoping cranes, NOT Hudson Blvd Park) does seem to have some columns rising from the ground...
https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2904/14057973169_f84bd3404d_o.jpg

hardcore shutterbug/flickr "View from the Ohm NYC(11)" 5/12/2014

AND the presumed columns on the 3 HB site do not seem to be in this photo from a 5/7 article in engadget by Joesph Volpe. This photo's look angle is slightly different due to be taken from the under construction 10 HY (NE of the Ohm building). The 3 HB site is above the 34th St subway entrance/canopy in this screen capture. MAYBE the MTA's contractors are starting to turn over the site to Moinan - guess on my part.:

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2916/14058484470_a185f86cdb_b.jpg
Joseph Volpe/engadget
http://www.engadget.com/2014/05/07/hudson-yards-smart-neighborhood/

NYguy
May 22, 2014, 8:32 PM
^ The Hudson Blvd Park is one of the things flying under the radar in New York, and on the west side. When completed, it will actually be nicer than the High Line Park. But I like that it is all connected. When Related finally reveals the iconic centerpiece of its plaza, everything will fall into place.

ILNY
May 27, 2014, 4:19 AM
North 7 Subway entrance, notice that this design is inferior to the South entrance.

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2898/14279363604_7a2e655e83_b.jpg

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3834/14093207020_d523c4101e_b.jpg

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5554/14300004623_261173524c_b.jpg

Beat up robot
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5577/14300004243_639af585e4_b.jpg

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2926/14279362684_fee86daee1_b.jpg

vkristof, I believe here lay the columns that you mentioned. I did not see any columns erected.
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3705/14093159669_c9b62699db_b.jpg

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5528/14093170228_048602a69b_b.jpg

Only subway and park work so far.
https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2940/14277772672_ea89c8b2bb_b.jpg

This is on the north side of 35th Street, across from north 7 Subway entrance. An old building was just demolished, any idea what will be build here?
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3792/14256705266_59c8e2a3f2_b.jpg

ringingchimes
May 27, 2014, 2:43 PM
North 7 Subway entrance, notice that this design is inferior to the South entrance.

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2898/14279363604_7a2e655e83_b.jpg

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5554/14300004623_261173524c_b.jpg

Hey ILNY, thanks for the great photos. Always nice to see your progress updates. From my understanding, the structure in the first quoted photo is actually a small cafe that will be in the 3rd block of HPB, between 35th and 36th. The second subway entrance will go over the hole to the left of the second photo between 34th and 35th, similar in design to that already constructed.

http://www.hydc.org/includes/site_images/misc/hudson_park_2012_site_big.jpg
http://www.hydc.org/includes/site_images/misc/hudson_park_2012_site_big.jpg

ILNY
May 27, 2014, 5:17 PM
Hey ILNY, thanks for the great photos. Always nice to see your progress updates. From my understanding, the structure in the first quoted photo is actually a small cafe that will be in the 3rd block of HPB, between 35th and 36th. The second subway entrance will go over the hole to the left of the second photo between 34th and 35th, similar in design to that already constructed.

You are right, thanks for clarifying.

NYguy
Jun 17, 2014, 9:50 PM
http://www.bisnow.com/commercial-real-estate/new-york/2013-sneak-peek-hudson-park-boulevard/

Sneak Peek: Hudson Park & Boulevard

http://e13c7623ea07ffe9c5c6-e19f06f73efdb5028989d1916204cd71.r73.cf2.rackcdn.com/63529_1402976325_TheGuys-medium.JPG

Moinian, Related, and Brookfield are building so much on their combined 35 acres on the Far West Side, it's hard to wrap your head around it. That's why Bisnow is hosting a Future of Manhattan's Far West Side event on June 25 at Espace on West 42nd Street.

We got a sneak peek at the under-construction Hudson Park & Boulevard (conceptualized as the new Park Avenue, only wider) with Avison Young's Anthony LoPresti, and Moinian's Oskar Brecher (who will be a panelist at our event) and Aron Kirsch, and The LiRo Group's Felix Rubenstein and Dan Bradley.

The progress is stunning, and the first three blocks will open by the end of the year. We snapped the guys at 36th Street and Hudson Boulevard West, which already is paved and will run south from 38th into Moinian's 3 Hudson Blvd at 35th Street. The northbound Hudson Boulevard East will run from 33rd to 38th. The park will run between the boulevards (each will be 30 feet wide), and the 33rd to 36th stretch will deliver by the end of the year.

http://e13c7623ea07ffe9c5c6-e19f06f73efdb5028989d1916204cd71.r73.cf2.rackcdn.com/63529_1402976300_FoodStand-medium.JPG

Also at 36th Street, a cafe/concession stand already is in the works. (No line! Now's your chance.) Oskar tells us the Hudson Yards/Hell's Kitchen BID, formed just weeks ago, likely will be active in the City's RFP and selection process.

http://e13c7623ea07ffe9c5c6-e19f06f73efdb5028989d1916204cd71.r73.cf2.rackcdn.com/63529_1402976323_Sidewalk-medium.JPG

Paving for the winding sidewalk has begun, and the Dickensian light posts that line it already are up. A playground will eventually replace the dirt mover (though it no doubt would be popular with the kids if it stayed). In the background, Related's first Hudson Yards office tower is going higher every day.

http://e13c7623ea07ffe9c5c6-e19f06f73efdb5028989d1916204cd71.r73.cf2.rackcdn.com/63529_1402976305_LightArt-medium.JPG

This may look like the beginnings of a streetlight, but it's actually an art installation designed by James Carpenter Design Associates. The installation will be 50 feet tall and will have 20 light sources, so both the pole and the surrounding ground will be canvases for the light show.

http://e13c7623ea07ffe9c5c6-e19f06f73efdb5028989d1916204cd71.r73.cf2.rackcdn.com/63529_1402976323_SubwayNorth-medium.JPG

Just south of 35th Street, the 7 train's northern exit is taking shape. To the left of these stairs, four escalators will take passengers 40 feet down to the turnstiles, and then another set of escalators will go another 80 feet to the platform, which will stretch two blocks to the station's southern entrance at the foot of Moinian's 3 Hudson Blvd.

http://e13c7623ea07ffe9c5c6-e19f06f73efdb5028989d1916204cd71.r73.cf2.rackcdn.com/63529_1402976303_Geofoam-medium.JPG

What we're about to tell you will change you forever. To create rolling hillsides, geofoam is cheaper than real dirt (leave it to the real estate industry to find something that actually is cheaper than dirt). Just stack a few tiers of foam like steps, cover with sand to make an even slope, and put down some soil.

http://e13c7623ea07ffe9c5c6-e19f06f73efdb5028989d1916204cd71.r73.cf2.rackcdn.com/63529_1402976315_OskarAnthony-medium.JPG

We snapped Oskar and Anthony in front of the 3 Hudson Blvd site, which will become one of two office buildings that will sit directly adjacent to a park (not separated by a road). The office buildings on Park Avenue are on average 50 years older than the new ones rising on the Far West Side, Anthony tells us, and Oskar says that translates to 20% to 30% savings in operations, from energy-efficient elevators to column-free space to safety. And while the delay in rezoning Midtown East allows the local real estate market to deal with one thing at a time—the Far West Side and then Midtown East—Aron says the East Side has a significant role to play, as well. NYC needs 60M SF to 80M SF of new office space over the next 40 years, he says.

http://e13c7623ea07ffe9c5c6-e19f06f73efdb5028989d1916204cd71.r73.cf2.rackcdn.com/63529_1402976324_SubwaySouth-medium.JPG

The southern 7 train entrance, just south of 34th, gives a closer glimpse at what the finished product will look like. Picone Contracting, which long has worked on government projects, is building the subway and may also build the foundation for build 3 Hudson Boulevard foundation, which would be its first major private-sector project. Aron tells us the 7 train stop at Hudson Boulevard is designed to handle 30,000 people an hour.

http://e13c7623ea07ffe9c5c6-e19f06f73efdb5028989d1916204cd71.r73.cf2.rackcdn.com/63529_1402976317_Park-medium.JPG

The park from 33rd to 34th shows off the almost finished product. Aron says there are 12,000 plants and trees on this block alone. (Who needs fancy oxygen bars when you've got an oxygen block?) Oskar tells us the park and boulevard were conceived as part of NYC's Olympics bid and a parking facility originally was going to lie under the park.

http://e13c7623ea07ffe9c5c6-e19f06f73efdb5028989d1916204cd71.r73.cf2.rackcdn.com/63529_1402976302_ForFun-medium.JPG

The days of lounging around on park benches are closer than you think!

ILNY
Jun 23, 2014, 5:37 AM
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3864/14300075448_5e8a6fb69d_b.jpg

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3914/14300216757_1853f44c8f_b.jpg

NYguy
Jun 24, 2014, 9:48 PM
http://www.globest.com/news/12_887/newyork/office/Moinian-Secures-Land-Loan-for-3-Hudson-Blvd-347546.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

Moinian Secures Land Loan for 3 Hudson Blvd.

By John Jordan
June 24, 2014

The Moinian Group reports it has secured a land loan through AIG’s Commercial Mortgage Lending Group for its 1.8-million-square-foot LEED Platinum 3 Hudson Blvd. tower project on Manhattan's West Side.

Currently being built in the heart of the Hudson Yards district, the tower will occupy an entire block between 11th Avenue and Hudson Boulevard Park from West 34th Street to West 35th Street. No financial terms of the transaction were disclosed concerning the financing of the land associated with the 3 Hudson Blvd. project.

Designed by architect Dan Kaplan FAIA of FXFOWLE, 3 Hudson Boulevard will include 48,000-square-foot floor plates on the podium level, 30,000-square-foot to 35,000-square-foot, column-free floor plates in the tower office floors, 11-foot-high ceilings, and floor-to-ceiling windows.

Based on its plans unveiled in December, the 3 Hudson Yards development is to include 1.5 million square feet of Class A office space and 22,000 square feet of retail space. At the time, the uppermost floors of the building were pegged for either another 350,000 square feet of office space or up to 14 floors of luxury residential space.

The site’s foundation—shared with the MTA for construction of the 7 subway line extension—is also entirely set on the densest granite in Manhattan, requiring no platform, Moinian Group officials say. In addition there will be direct access to the new 7 line subway entrance through Hudson Boulevard Park at the building’s front door.

Tower still needs a tenant.

meh_cd
Jun 24, 2014, 10:24 PM
I haven't been keeping up on HY, so seeing all of this progress was a treat. This entire area is going to be something else.

ILNY
Jun 25, 2014, 12:12 AM
Tower still needs a tenant.

So they got a loan before a tenant? I thought it is usually the other way around.

Onn
Jun 25, 2014, 3:17 AM
Great news! :)

NYguy
Jun 25, 2014, 4:34 PM
So they got a loan before a tenant? I thought it is usually the other way around.

They will need a tenant to get a construction loan. That won't be too far off from the sound of it...

http://www.rew-online.com/2014/06/25/moinain-lands-financing-deal-for-3-hudson-boulevard/

Moinain lands financing deal for 3 Hudson Boulevard

June 25, 2014

The Moinian Group announced yesterday (Tuesday) that it has secured a loan for an unspecified amount with AIG companies through its Commercial Mortgage Lending Group, for the land associated with 3 Hudson Boulevard, the developer’s 1.8 million-square-foot, LEED Platinum tower in the heart of the Hudson Yards district.

Set to occupy the entire block between 11th Avenue and Hudson Boulevard Park from West 34th Street to West 35th Street, the 3 Hudson Boulevard tower is one of the ‘Four Corners’ at the gateway to the Hudson Yards district, and continues to attract interest from several large companies vying for the position as the anchor office tenant.

Avison Young’s tri-state president Arthur Mirante, who oversees the building’s leasing, told Real Estate Weekly recently that he has exchanged proposals and counter-proposals with a prospective tenant and hopes to have the lease signed soon for 600,000 s/f.

hunser
Jun 25, 2014, 7:41 PM
New homepage: http://3hudsonblvd.com/index.php

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ca/4b/8d/ca4b8d35b94baf58a2bfe61154d245b6.jpg

Thread title should be changed to 1,050 FT / 320 M / 66 FLOORS.

NYguy
Jun 26, 2014, 12:40 AM
They just couldn't let Tower Verre have that spot alone.

Hudson11
Jun 26, 2014, 5:16 AM
http://content.related.com/HYImages/55-Hudson-Yards/gallery-media/lighbox-images/hyny-vision/HYNY-aerial.jpg

http://www.hudsonyardsnewyork.com/of...lities/gallery

tyleraf
Jun 26, 2014, 4:19 PM
Wow! It's amazing to see practically a whole new city being built in New York.

CityGuy87
Jun 26, 2014, 7:20 PM
http://content.related.com/HYImages/55-Hudson-Yards/gallery-media/lighbox-images/hyny-vision/HYNY-aerial.jpg

http://www.hudsonyardsnewyork.com/of...lities/gallery

I look forward to seeing what final designs those current placeholders will become but it gives you a sense of how this whole project will eventually turn out. It will bring a lot more balance to the skyline.

tyleraf
Jun 26, 2014, 8:16 PM
What is crazy is that the picture doesn't even include all of the projects for the west side of the yards.

chris08876
Jun 26, 2014, 8:18 PM
I think this city will become the supertall capital of the world at this rate. I could only imagine the Western Yards might yield 2 or 3 supertalls. And then, theres the Midtown East Rezoning. Very promising future ahead. :cheers:

TechTalkGuy
Jun 26, 2014, 11:24 PM
:previous: I agree with all of your comments even though other cities around the world have taller towers than us.

What New York has to offer is true density and diversity, plus possibly the largest skyline ever seen no matter what the height.

The Girasole is one of my fav towers simply because of it's unique design and height. :tup:

NYguy
Jun 27, 2014, 1:00 AM
92TyxJngSsk

TechTalkGuy
Jun 27, 2014, 1:32 AM
92TyxJngSsk

I saw this video before and it's great to see it again!
From the Triangular entrance that faces the true north to the grand subway entrance leading into the park, to the lobby and the event space at the top, this tower is incredible.

A tower that exceeds Leed Platinum standards with an amazing height will be a welcome addition to my fav skyline in the world! :tup:

NYguy
Jul 10, 2014, 12:16 AM
http://commercialobserver.com/2014/07/inside-hudson-park-and-boulevard/

Inside Hudson Park and Boulevard

http://nyocommercialobserver.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/photo-44.jpg?w=635&h=476

By Tobias Salinger 7/09/14

Aron Kirsch of Moinian Group and Arthur Mirante of Avison Young opened the two-acre construction site at the Hudson Park and Boulevard adjacent to the planned 1,050-foot 3 Hudson Boulevard for a hardhat tour at Hudson Yards today.

Avison Young is marketing the Moinian Group’s 1.8-million-square-foot tower with a flexible asking rent starting at $85 per square foot, and the glass structure will start rising up next to a public park and an entrance to the new 7 train subway station as soon as Avison Young signs an anchor tenant at the property, Mr. Mirante said.

“Think about the scale and then think about this extension,” said Mr. Mirante, referring to the way the High Line will snake up to the Hudson Yards district from Chelsea while leading a pack of reporters through the eventual four-acre park. “Suddenly you not only have a plaza in front of your office, you have a park. You can take a nice walk, a real walk, through the park, then sit and have your lunch.”

Media companies and financial services companies are inquiring about the property, Mr. Mirante said, and rent prices will hinge on companies’ credit and their space and infrastructure needs, with the city offering up a 20-year subsidy which would net a 500,000-square-foot tenant approximately $100 million.

Both he and Mr. Kirsch want everyone to know that the Michael Van Valkenburgh-designed public green space stretching from West 33rd to West 39th Streets and the new boulevard from West 33rd to West 38th Streets between 10th and 11th Avenues represent a significant part of the district that they say is usually only identified with the Related Companies’ projects.

“When you talk about the district and the 27 million square feet of office space, half of that will be north of 34th Street and the other half will be south of it,” Mr. Kirsch said, noting that the entire district will support 50 million square feet of total office, residential, retail and public space “over the next 30 to 40 years.”

Mr. Mirante expressed confidence he could sign an anchor tenant in the next six months for the spot where Metropolitan Transportation Authority construction workers were digging out the first phase of the foundation.

“We’re working on it,” Mr. Mirante said. “We need an anchor tenant. Sign a lease now and the building can be built in 30 months.”

http://nyocommercialobserver.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/photo-42.jpg?w=635&h=476

Foundation for 3 Hudson Boulevard.

http://nyocommercialobserver.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/photo-43.jpg?w=635&h=476

Sketches for the first phase of the green space at Hudson Park in the construction shed.