HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Jun 14, 2020, 6:58 PM
lio45 lio45 is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Quebec
Posts: 44,901
Quote:
Originally Posted by someone123 View Post
The situations that don't add up to me are the ones where the police don't seem to have control of the situation when they should. Is it not possible to handle the scenario of a paranoid woman with a knife as a police officer?

Many of the killings by police seem worse than that because they are situations where police will talk to somebody for a long period of time and then eventually end up shooting them who has about 1/100 the firepower they do.
Same here.

It's far from a career to me but I've been in the military for a few years (handling all kinds of firearms), and have handled hunting weapons too; if you gave me body armor and a 🞵🞵🞵 and had me handle a disorganized loser wielding a kitchen knife whose intentions are unknown, I definitely wouldn't feel I have to kill them first and ask questions later. And if I were going to shoot them it would be in the leg, not chest.

Maybe that's easy to say and I'd change my mind after years of being a cop... can't know for sure... but they DO seem very trigger-happy, from an outsider's POV.
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:01 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.