Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperlord
|
https://aca.slcgov.com/Citizen/Cap/CapDe...99&agencyCode=SLCREF&IsToShowInspection=
I remember reading about this a couple of weeks ago as being upscale. I was somewhat confused about the reaction to it being all stucco and somewhat cheap, because I read where it would be quite the opposite. Anyway, read the 'Narrative' section of the 'Attachments' carefully. After that, zoom the renderings up to around 200%. While the renderings do not allow for a clear detailing of the fascia , the narrative is claiming to advance the use of multiple high quality, class A materials, not a lot of stucco. Also, even though the rendering is preliminarily over simplistic, it does show a definite variety of texture when zoomed up 200%. Particularly, the center portion or grand staircase entrance area appears to be using brick or some sort of stone. I also noticed that there appears to be alternating textures/materials throughout the façade. Adding to that ,the narrative explains that the design will have a significant amount of undulation along the streetscape side, including that elaborate grand staircase entrance. Another note which I greatly appreciated was that the large 60 foot-plus mature trees along the streetside will remain intact.
I wish I was there to actually walk the plot, but it does sound like this project will be a significant improvement over what is currently in existence. I do agree with the developers also, that a couple of the previous developments were excessive density and improperly designed for the nature for that particular neighborhood. Kind of like what we've seen pop up recently in Sugar House. I've seen far too much of the excessively designed density here in historic neighborhoods of Central L.A. This development to me, if executed as described will be striking the right balance.