HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #5721  
Old Posted Mar 17, 2016, 4:46 PM
s.p.hansen's Avatar
s.p.hansen s.p.hansen is offline
Exurb Enjoyer
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Great Salt Lake, Utah
Posts: 2,262










Quote:
Originally Posted by EPdesign View Post
^^^

I KNEW IT!

A big restaurant is just too perfect not to pass up there with Cheesecake and Brio! I hope it's something really touristy like you see everywhere in a tourist area of a city or in Downtown Disney like Bubba Jump's or Rainforest Cafe. Some place that gets these big Mormon families to empty their pockets!

City Creek Center Cheesecake has 8,300 sq feet.

City Creek Center Brio has 7,341 square feet.

Last edited by s.p.hansen; Mar 17, 2016 at 6:15 PM.
     
     
  #5722  
Old Posted Mar 17, 2016, 8:32 PM
ThePusherMan's Avatar
ThePusherMan ThePusherMan is offline
One Thing At A Time
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.p.hansen View Post

I KNEW IT!

A big restaurant is just too perfect not to pass up there with Cheesecake and Brio! I hope it's something really touristy like you see everywhere in a tourist area of a city or in Downtown Disney like Bubba Jump's or Rainforest Cafe. Some place that gets these big Mormon families to empty their pockets!

City Creek Center Cheesecake has 8,300 sq feet.

City Creek Center Brio has 7,341 square feet.
Whatever it is it's going to be family friendly that is for sure. The church owns all of the retail on the east side of regent. I'm praying (lol) for a bar somewhere on the street but there are only three possible opportunities for that to happen. The RDA also wants businesses on regent to operate day and night which can be tough on bars unless they have a substantial kitchen. Not all bar owners want to be in the food business. It's going to be a tricky fit for my wish to come true but a boy can dream.
     
     
  #5723  
Old Posted Mar 17, 2016, 8:47 PM
delts145's Avatar
delts145 delts145 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Downtown Los Angeles
Posts: 20,765
LOL, Sean you're hilarious. I definitely like the new look of the former concrete box. Also, the street level redo's on the parking garages are cool. Just wish they would do something more creative with the upper levels. Oh well, the brick is a lot better than that — they tore off.
     
     
  #5724  
Old Posted Mar 17, 2016, 10:01 PM
scottharding scottharding is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 1,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePusherMan View Post
Whatever it is it's going to be family friendly that is for sure. The church owns all of the retail on the east side of regent. I'm praying (lol) for a bar somewhere on the street but there are only three possible opportunities for that to happen. The RDA also wants businesses on regent to operate day and night which can be tough on bars unless they have a substantial kitchen. Not all bar owners want to be in the food business. It's going to be a tricky fit for my wish to come true but a boy can dream.
I'm with you. No bar on Regent street would be sad. Especially with the more "local" side of the theater there, and the plaza, etc.
     
     
  #5725  
Old Posted Mar 17, 2016, 10:21 PM
EPdesign EPdesign is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 865
Thank you S.p.Hansen for fixing them and for the info.
     
     
  #5726  
Old Posted Mar 17, 2016, 10:40 PM
nushiof nushiof is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 259
Back to Cleveland again. East Fourth Street has a cool vibe with restaurants, blade signage, and NO CARS. I was there recently on a weekday evening and the place was packed with people, who were just finishing their work day. Hopefully Regent Street can develop a similar feel.



Live musicians were performing there too which was awesome.
     
     
  #5727  
Old Posted Mar 17, 2016, 11:22 PM
s.p.hansen's Avatar
s.p.hansen s.p.hansen is offline
Exurb Enjoyer
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Great Salt Lake, Utah
Posts: 2,262
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePusherMan View Post
Whatever it is it's going to be family friendly that is for sure. The church owns all of the retail on the east side of regent. I'm praying (lol) for a bar somewhere on the street but there are only three possible opportunities for that to happen. The RDA also wants businesses on regent to operate day and night which can be tough on bars unless they have a substantial kitchen. Not all bar owners want to be in the food business. It's going to be a tricky fit for my wish to come true but a boy can dream.
There's gonna be a fancy pants wine bar in the theater part I think. Also, should do a bar in one of those old buildings near the alley!


Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post
LOL, Sean you're hilarious. I definitely like the new look of the former concrete box. Also, the street level redo's on the parking garages are cool. Just wish they would do something more creative with the upper levels. Oh well, the brick is a lot better than that — they tore off.
I try
     
     
  #5728  
Old Posted Mar 17, 2016, 11:25 PM
Future Mayor's Avatar
Future Mayor Future Mayor is offline
Vote for me in 2019!
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 4,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by nushiof View Post
Back to Cleveland again. East Fourth Street has a cool vibe with restaurants, blade signage, and NO CARS. I was there recently on a weekday evening and the place was packed with people, who were just finishing their work day. Hopefully Regent Street can develop a similar feel.



Live musicians were performing there too which was awesome.
I love, love, love, East 4th Street, One of my many favorite locations in Downtown Cleveland. I still want to bring a Corner Alley Concept to Salt Lake City, and had actually proposed one in the former Newspaper press building as part of a Regent St Revival, years before EPAC was announced.

Back to Regent St. I too hope that it can get that E 4th feel. It is in an ideal location to attract the non suburban office workers after work. I don't see the restaurants with liquor licenses being a problem, if Property Reserve chooses to do a master lease for those spaces. I would anticipate at least one bar opening up on the street, as s.p mentioned it could be in the theater side retail space. There is also the possibility of one being in The Regent St Hotel, or maybe that remaining historic building from the Commercial St days, directly south of the garage. That may be a better use for the building and may command higher rents than just the office space that is there now. There is always the possibility of a bar in the building south of the Main St connector that could add a door and some patio seating on the connector, or maybe one of those on the alley chooses to orient an entrance to the plaza and to Main St. While not directly on Regent of the plaza Bourbon house is pretty close and did undergo a major face lift a couple of years back to really class the place up. Seems like a great after show theater crowd type of place.
     
     
  #5729  
Old Posted Mar 18, 2016, 2:10 PM
Marvland's Avatar
Marvland Marvland is offline
SLC Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Fairpark
Posts: 674
There are two bar groups looking at Regent that I know of, not including he rooftop bar at the Hotel. Also heard grumblings of Eva Bakery utilizing their rear facing aspect for a bar. Also, the RDA just booked an INCREDIBLE Korean fried chicken concept by one of the best chefs in Utah in one of their pocket spots on Regent.
     
     
  #5730  
Old Posted Mar 18, 2016, 3:58 PM
Orlando's Avatar
Orlando Orlando is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 4,132
That is cool Marvland. Glad you're in the know. Also, thanks for the info EPDesign. Was that posted on the building?

I agree with some comments that the garage's new facade is kind of bland. I wonder if that rendering did not include all the scope that is to be included on that facade, like all the funky signage that we've seen in the other renderings.
     
     
  #5731  
Old Posted Mar 18, 2016, 5:18 PM
ThePusherMan's Avatar
ThePusherMan ThePusherMan is offline
One Thing At A Time
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvland View Post
Also heard grumblings of Eva Bakery utilizing their rear facing aspect for a bar. Also, the RDA just booked an INCREDIBLE Korean fried chicken concept by one of the best chefs in Utah in one of their pocket spots on Regent.
Last I heard from Eva they will be turning their second floor into a dinner spot with a balcony that will face the Regent St. plaza. Awesome to hear about Korean fried chicken. That's a big deal. Is that a done deal?
     
     
  #5732  
Old Posted Mar 18, 2016, 8:19 PM
nushiof nushiof is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 259
Anyone have an update on the latest between DDRM and SL County? Any timeline on an announcement or renderings?
     
     
  #5733  
Old Posted Mar 18, 2016, 9:35 PM
delts145's Avatar
delts145 delts145 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Downtown Los Angeles
Posts: 20,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedikermit View Post
Thanks Irving; I've been really skeptical about how that corner building could be salvaged, but I like it. For now.
For now, being the operative words. I also think it's a big improvement, but I remember seeing a historical pic of the building that use to sit on that corner back in the 1800's. Needless to say it was very beautiful, and not just the 1st so. side, but also the Regent street side. All brick, with a lot of masonry detailing. If I remember right it was several stories also. I wish I could find the picture again. As has been mentioned, it probably won't be too many years when that corner becomes too valuable, and will demand at least a mid-rise.
     
     
  #5734  
Old Posted Mar 18, 2016, 11:30 PM
Viperlord's Avatar
Viperlord Viperlord is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 1,900
New planned apartment building:

Record PLNPCM2016-00154:
Planning Commission - Zoning Amendment
35 S 900 E Salt Lake City UT 841021306


renderings in the link below in the "attachments" section:
https://aca.slcgov.com/Citizen/Cap/CapDe...99&agencyCode=SLCREF&IsToShowInspection=
     
     
  #5735  
Old Posted Mar 19, 2016, 12:41 AM
Orlando's Avatar
Orlando Orlando is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 4,132
Now, I'm wondering if they are going to reclad the Walker Center Parking Garage like as shown in the upper left corner of this rendering:

     
     
  #5736  
Old Posted Mar 19, 2016, 12:42 AM
Marvland's Avatar
Marvland Marvland is offline
SLC Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Fairpark
Posts: 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePusherMan View Post
Last I heard from Eva they will be turning their second floor into a dinner spot with a balcony that will face the Regent St. plaza. Awesome to hear about Korean fried chicken. That's a big deal. Is that a done deal?
Not sure but I watched the tenant sign. The RDA has a habit of taking months to sign stuff. Hopefully that's changed without Baxter there.
     
     
  #5737  
Old Posted Mar 19, 2016, 1:59 AM
s.p.hansen's Avatar
s.p.hansen s.p.hansen is offline
Exurb Enjoyer
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Great Salt Lake, Utah
Posts: 2,262
This looks like a really low quality build all the way around. The materials are 100% stucco (which should be banned in this city). The engagement with the street is —; it has one double set of doors in the middle of this long thing. Imagine what they could actually do with this space. It's a shame.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperlord View Post
New planned apartment building:

Record PLNPCM2016-00154:
Planning Commission - Zoning Amendment
35 S 900 E Salt Lake City UT 841021306


renderings in the link below in the "attachments" section:
https://aca.slcgov.com/Citizen/Cap/CapDe...99&agencyCode=SLCREF&IsToShowInspection=





Last edited by s.p.hansen; Mar 19, 2016 at 2:17 AM.
     
     
  #5738  
Old Posted Mar 19, 2016, 2:59 AM
Utah_Dave Utah_Dave is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 699
Liberty Park

I think the liberty park area is an ideal place for some low to mid rise, high density condos and apartments. Close to a big park, trolls square, near down town. I'm not much of a city condo or apartment guy, but I would imagine that would be an ideal place for a city lover. That area or near the avenues would be my choice to live. Hopefully the new development near trolley square will be a success that will spur more growth there. Does anyone have any information on that area?
     
     
  #5739  
Old Posted Mar 20, 2016, 4:26 AM
s.p.hansen's Avatar
s.p.hansen s.p.hansen is offline
Exurb Enjoyer
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Great Salt Lake, Utah
Posts: 2,262
.

Last edited by s.p.hansen; Mar 20, 2016 at 4:55 AM.
     
     
  #5740  
Old Posted Mar 20, 2016, 4:33 AM
Comrade's Avatar
Comrade Comrade is offline
They all float down here
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Hair City, Utah
Posts: 9,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperlord View Post
New planned apartment building:

Record PLNPCM2016-00154:
Planning Commission - Zoning Amendment
35 S 900 E Salt Lake City UT 841021306


renderings in the link below in the "attachments" section:
https://aca.slcgov.com/Citizen/Cap/CapDe...99&agencyCode=SLCREF&IsToShowInspection=
Sigh. I don't know why I expected anything different. I swear Salt Lake is going to turn into the background of a cartoon with the exact same buildings reappearing every few seconds.
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:06 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.