Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhitektor
I think that Vivint Solar is an entirely seperate company from the rest of Vivint, wasn't it recently bought by SunEdison? Maybe that's why they've put 'smart home' in the new name of the arena- to differntiate the two companies?
|
You are correct that is was spun off and then sold off later on. But it doesn't change the fact that it was birthed by Vivint and retains the name. It was the single largest solar installer in the United States last year. That's a kick 🞵🞵🞵 legacy for Utah.
I mean it make sense that a company trying to find ways to sell you every kind of technology for your home would figure out how to make solar panel installation an effective product to sell.
The whole revolution happening in green energy right now is a mixture of better technology making things cheaper (with higher volume) and better ways of financing these things so that average people can take advantage of them. Vivint Solar has come up with a plan for financing home solar that has made it practical.
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Vivint Solar's headquarters still in Utah?