As the cultural and business heart of what has become one of the larger and fastest growing CSA's on the continent, Salt Lake City is by no means a small city competing in the same league for convention goers of other smaller cities. At this juncture the Salt Lake City convention draw is competing for much the same larger conventions as Denver, San Diego, Seattle, even Vegas and the like. While Vegas has a very exceptional draw in comparison to most markets, so does Salt Lake City. Salt Lake City is becoming one of the major alternatives to Vegas, and believe me, there are many who want an alternative.
Like many, I was beginning to feel very uncomfortable with the Omni attitude on several fronts. I'm glad local leaders stood up to Omni. I think we can ultimately get a much better deal for both the convention business and the local economy by giving this process a few months more time.
Last edited by delts145; Oct 27, 2015 at 2:54 PM.
|