Quote:
Originally Posted by EPdesign
I hope it's on the south end. Access would be more convenient with a vehicle. And I know Trax is an option, but it's still considerably close.
|
Not to be picky, but the south site is two blocks from the TRAX station, or a full 0.25 miles. Not exactly close if you're pulling a rolling suitcase or whatever. I also think it's safe to assume that people who are going to stay at a convention center hotel are also ones who are not going to have a rental vehicle, because they are coming for the convention, which is at one place and already easily accessible from the airport by TRAX.
I can certainly agree that the south end would be more helpful from an urban development standpoint, but I would feel badly for making hotel and convention guests make that long walk with bags. If only that design that Delts posted, one with two towers, could be modified for Salt Lake, so that both the north and south sites could be used... we wouldn't get a new tallest, but it would be better for the city (and visitor's perception of the city).
Not an argument, just my two cents.