Quote:
Originally Posted by yaletown_fella
I agree, but only regarding the public realm and landscaping. Private property is a different story.
I should really put together a photo thread of where I deliver to. Low rise residential Toronto is where the city shines architecturally imo.
|
I look forward to viewing it. I wish Cabbagetown was the norm in Toronto, but we have far too little of that and far too much stuff that looks like Lansdowne.
You're right that Torontonians spend a lot of money fixing their interiors. We are beautifying at a rapid pace, but out of necessity. We're becoming a sophisticated town but most of our housing doesn't square with this new reality. Splurging on interiors is often the only option. Yonge Street is a good case in point. To someone who didn't know better, you'd never guess that you were on the main street in the biggest city of a wealthy western nation.
The bulk of our housing reflects the type of city we were from 1880-1980: blue colllar industrial with a small monied establishment in Rosedale.