Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffB
|
Just because it's happening doesn't mean it's right. I was watching a documentary or something that was talking about how RedBull purchased a local sports facility and team, and the controversy with that. That probably doesn't mean much, but it was how something that was important to people in some way was being taken away from them because a company could profit off it. Would people in Ottawa be more likely to shop and have fun at Lansdowne because TD is the sponsor? Would they earn more money because it's their name as a part of the facility?
I'm doubtful. I can imagine they have more capital to invest, like RBC with Bluesfest, to bring in more performers or whatever so that more people will be attracted to it and spend their money. But to change the name completely, to something so generic from something people identify with? Just because it happens now doesn't mean it's right.