Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinbottawa
In a government heavy city like Ottawa it's refreshing to see some "corporatization" and millions changing hands. This is what happens in major cities that aren't dependent on the government (and I'd say that's a reason why other cities are further along economically). I celebrate the fact that a major corporation saw an opportunity in Ottawa. If Frank Clair's family is ok with the whole thing, why should I be upset?
|
Because it's changing a nominal identity that is important to a lot of people to some boring corporate name. What if TD bought Winterlude and decided to name it TD Winterlude? It's rebranding something that shouldn't be rebranded. Winterlude is the name of a festival celebrated in Ottawa, and Lansdowne was given to a part of the city that has ties to our history.
If you want to put your money and support it, go right ahead, but changing names isn't necessary.