HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Jan 7, 2025, 5:00 AM
chowhou's Avatar
chowhou chowhou is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: East Vancouver (No longer across the ocean!)
Posts: 3,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaddieB View Post
Why are they doing a business case? I know that's the status quo to do a billion studies stating the obvious but is there any actual benefit. I doubt that when they do a cost benefit analysis that they measure the opportunity cost of not having the Skytrain because of it needing more studies. Politicians are going to do what they want to do and a study is just going to corroborate that. It's like doing a business case study for breathing air.
I'm pretty anti business cases for Skytrain expansion replacing existing high traffic bus routes, but this is one area I think it might be needed. The only reason I think it's needed is to have a preemptive attack against the inevitable West Side NIMBY onslaught. Don't want to be caught with your pants down when two hundred year old seniors crawl out of the sludge to hammer on about how "there's no evidence this is the right choice for the West Side" and "We were never given a chance to review the plans" (as if that's a right they ought to have).
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:46 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.