HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Politics


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Oct 9, 2024, 3:43 AM
mezzanine's Avatar
mezzanine mezzanine is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 2,011
Thoughts on the debate:

-Surprised how dated the "people thinking of wanting to leave BC" line was. That was an issue 10-15 years ago. The vibe is now people wanting to stay, a similar, but way different sentiment and IMO more resonant

-Surprised, but not surprised, about the overall mendacity of the BC Cons. No costed platform? Still talking about Bonnie Henry? I get it - the pandemic took a lot out of us, but no one wants to really go back and rip off the bandaid spare for a few diehards. (paraphrasing Eby "i dont want to fire Bonnie Henry, I want to find more family doctors")

-A big drawback for the cons to get the libs/united to quit is for the Greens and NDP to connect them to the Christy Clark BC liberals. I suspect the NDP will get a lot of milage if they keep connecting rustad to the previous liberal govt ("hockey bags full of cash" )

I've voted for all sides of the spectrum, but the I really do think that the BC cons are a facebook page that somehow became a party
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Politics
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:45 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.