Quote:
Originally Posted by OTownandDown
Edit: The girl in the white shoes in the google street view, like, I'll have to come down the bike path, mount the curb (which is quite a visual distraction, god help you if you're too close to the sidewalk curb and that poorly-edited pop-out sloped curb hits your pedals, ask me how I know), ring my bell so she steps back, then do a zig-zag to get across the intersection. The power pole blocks my view of the bike lane, so also god help any pedestrian happening to walk in the bike lane I'm about to barrel into. I'm zigging and zagging across the sidewalk right when I should be doing a shoulder-check for traffic travelling the same direction as me turning right.
|
Just for some added context, the Bay st project was built before the new guidelines were in place and were using an interim set of guidelines. New facilities will not have a depressed curb at intersections where the cycle tracks meet the car traffic lanes. Also in the Bay project, that corner really shouldn't have needed a jog away from the corner since there is no right turn there for car traffic. That one absolutely should have been a straight like the ones southbound Bay. Overall the main problem for the Bay project (aside from the old design guidelines) is how constrained it is, the second northbound lane being removed (on this already very quiet street) would have allowed a lot more room for it to have been done properly.