HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Aug 16, 2024, 3:18 PM
phil235's Avatar
phil235 phil235 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 4,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTownandDown View Post
Like, this is stupid. I'm sorry, but its stupid. On a GREEN light, a cyclist should be allowed to travel at ANY speed through this intersection, including 30km/hr, with very low risk. If the intersection cannot be designed so that other vehicles and pedestrians won't be in the way, I shouldn't be punished with an insane, impossible corner.
Don't we want everyone to slow down at intersections? Regardless of design, it is pretty easy for an oblivious pedestrian (including a kid from the school up the block) to step onto the bike path. A bike hitting a pedestrian at 30 kmph wouldn't have a great outcome.

I commute by bike, but I definitely don't subscribe to the idea that cyclists shouldn't ever have to slow down for any reason, which seems to be a common view.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:01 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.