PDA

View Full Version : PHILADELPHIA | The Murano | 475 FT / 145 M | 42 FLOORS

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17

SouthPhilly
Sep 20, 2007, 10:59 PM
Its looks like at mountain at first glance, i like it, but i wouldn't take the palm trees or one story store fronts the border the structure.

The Cheat
Sep 23, 2007, 4:53 AM
The problem with both JFK and Market is that where they're one-way, theyre like huge highways and not pedestrian friendly. I saw Michigan Ave in Chicago and they have it two-way with a landscaped median, plus more landscaping on the sidewalk separating the pedestrians from the traffic.

In general, if you can't fix the architecture, you can maximize the landscaping. Require buffer planting strips for parking garages if they don't have pedestrian-friendly uses on ground level.

bucks native
Sep 23, 2007, 8:07 AM
There's one in Portland, OR, near the theaters that's built inside the facade of an older 5-6 story brick building. Can't tell it, the garage, is there. Very nice and it preserves the character of the neighborhood.

And there's one here in Scranton, at the university, that's covered with vines on trellises built along each side. Looks great, reduces reflected and collected heat in summer, and sucks up CO2.

Such garage options are simple and cost little. Architects should do better when required to add above-ground garages to their buildings.

williamphilapa
Sep 23, 2007, 4:13 PM
9_23_07 - Blurry pic

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/8781/blurryhv9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

KenSchwartz
Sep 25, 2007, 4:35 AM
As the garage stands now - it's not ugly. It's not great. It really isn't anything.

I was hoping against hope that they would have at least put something in their design that at a minimum ACKNOWLEDGED that JFK was there; anything that interacts with the pedestrian. I know JFK's a desolate strip of concrete, but commerce square's back entrance is right there. The trader joe's pathway is there. They 5 or whatever year plan for improving that area is well underway. 30th st station leads straight out to it. Even though it was never in the cards, I find it hard to believe the potential for something wasn't there.

I have no problem hoping for a good looking facade or mural going ahead. (I was not expecting coffee shops and bookstores.) But I find it hard to believe that, architecturally or otherwise, that that existing parking garage can put something into the current framework to make a passer-by say: Hey, look at that. A simple architectural variation is all I was looking for, instead of the standard that will undoubtedly age and end up in 5 years looking as crummy as most garages in other high-visibility spots around the city.

This is obviously just my opinion now with what I see. I was wrong about those liberty bells and Domus, and I hope I'm wrong here as well. I doubt there is the requisite motivation on the Murano's part though. Based upon discussions here and elsewhere, this part of JFK is not high up on many people's priority list anyways.

bryson662001
Sep 25, 2007, 3:23 PM
The trader joe's pathway is there. It is? I have looked for a way to get from TJ to JFK but never found a path.

I have no problem hoping for a good looking facade or mural going ahead.

Please God no mural......anything but another mural.

JMininger
Sep 25, 2007, 5:55 PM
Based upon discussions here and elsewhere, this part of JFK is not high up on many people's priority list anyways.

You're probably right although the planning commission may see it differently. What a grand boulevard it could be though, leading up to 30th street station the way it does.

theWatusi
Sep 25, 2007, 11:07 PM
You're probably right although the planning commission may see it differently. What a grand boulevard it could be though, leading up to 30th street station the way it does.

Just wait till River City is built :rolleyes:

volguus zildrohar
Sep 26, 2007, 3:45 AM
September 21

http://www.pbase.com/phillytrax/image/86229716.jpg

drgoogle
Oct 1, 2007, 3:55 AM
GO PHILLIES!!!!!!!!!!

http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com/images/2007/09/30/YYaaML93.jpg

pentopaper50
Oct 1, 2007, 5:25 AM
Coincidentally, my lawyer tells me that one of the Phillies' relievers is looking to buy into the Murano.

http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com/images/2007/09/30/YYaaML93.jpg[/QUOTE]

KenSchwartz
Oct 1, 2007, 4:09 PM
It is? I have looked for a way to get from TJ to JFK but never found a path.

I guess it is a bit of a stretch to call it a path, but a path it still is:
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p219/KennethSchwartz/IMG_1790.jpg

Here's the lego itself:
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p219/KennethSchwartz/IMG_1791.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p219/KennethSchwartz/IMG_1789.jpg

Ah well.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p219/KennethSchwartz/IMG_1787.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p219/KennethSchwartz/IMG_1784.jpg

phillyskyline
Oct 1, 2007, 5:25 PM
Look at that street wall!!!

bryson662001
Oct 1, 2007, 6:00 PM
I guess it is a bit of a stretch to call it a path, but a path it still is:
Thanks, next time I'll look for it. I looks to me as if they are working on the crown now.

pentopaper50
Oct 2, 2007, 12:16 AM
Murano or Ritz?

I vote Murano for the views and location.

bryson662001
Oct 2, 2007, 1:28 AM
Murano or Ritz?

I vote Murano for the views and location.
I bet you haven't seen Liberty Two. Ritz may equal it but I doubt Murano will.

pentopaper50
Oct 2, 2007, 3:55 AM
Actually, I almost bought into Liberty until I realized that the windows don't open!!! I didn't want to be breathing recycled air all the time despite the fact that each unit has dedicated ducts.

I will concede that the top floors of Liberty have the best views of any building in Philly, hands down. That said, only the top 5 floors or so have unobstructed views. You start running into the tops of other buildings after that, and that's reflected in their pricing.

Will Ritz have balconies?

I bet you haven't seen Liberty Two. Ritz may equal it but I doubt Murano will.

philliesphinest
Oct 2, 2007, 12:38 PM
I believe only the B Units in the Ritz have balconies, and they face City Hall as well. And also the penthouses.

Also they have floor to ceiling glass windows, 9 to 10 ft ceilings and the windows actually open on the bottom for fresh air. They just redid the model if you get a chance to go look at it. I think it came out pretty nice. :tup:

CondoGuru
Oct 2, 2007, 2:57 PM
I've heard that the group doing Liberty Two does not yet have financing to convert the office space to condominiums yet. They budgeted out a model floor and sales center, but haven't sold enough to start construction on the rest. My guess is that since they already have a structure to work with, they could easily abandon the residential project if they don't sell and get their financing, and turn it into a hotel or back to commerical office spaces.

philliesphinest
Oct 2, 2007, 3:05 PM
I've heard that the group doing Liberty Two does not yet have financing to convert the office space to condominiums yet. They budgeted out a model floor and sales center, but haven't sold enough to start construction on the rest. My guess is that since they already have a structure to work with, they could easily abandon the residential project if they don't sell and get their financing, and turn it into a hotel or back to commerical office spaces.

The signs outside the 16th St. side of the building say that Phase I is sold out and they are now starting on Phase II.

Although I am not quite sure how many units were sold in Phase I. Does anyone know the total amount of units that are supposed to be in this building or the cost per square foot for the condo fees?:help:

CondoGuru
Oct 2, 2007, 10:03 PM
Oh, well if the sign says so.....LOL That info actually came from someone within a very large lending group that does construction financing for a number of large projects throughout the Northeast.

philliesphinest
Oct 2, 2007, 11:29 PM
Phase I could have actually meant "one" unit sold.

I thought the building and the views were nice but too much was still up in the air and I thought the amenities at the Ritz seemed better.

MJPhilly
Oct 3, 2007, 12:47 AM
21st Street Side last night:

http://www.skyscrapersunset.com/projects/construction/murano/images/0710-01.jpg

CondoGuru
Oct 3, 2007, 2:57 PM
I still think that with all the rehabs around this city pushing their prices close to, and even above new construction, Murano, Ritz and 10 Rittenhouse are still bargains considering what you get. I'm a big fan of being able to buy from a floorplan and every time I did, I was ahead of the game without question.

philliesphinest
Oct 3, 2007, 3:11 PM
I still think that with all the rehabs around this city pushing their prices close to, and even above new construction, Murano, Ritz and 10 Rittenhouse are still bargains considering what you get. I'm a big fan of being able to buy from a floorplan and every time I did, I was ahead of the game without question.

I agree and these buildings are built for todays lifestyles (large amenity floors, large workout facilities, large pools). These extra added spaces almost makeup for the smaller spaces that people are moving into when they move back into the city from their larger suburban homes.

Unfortunately many of the rehabs my wife and I looked at just didn't have the amenities or those great common areas ala Ritz, Murano, and 10 Rittenhouse. Oh yeah and the 10 year tax abatement doesn't hurt either. :banana:

bryson662001
Oct 3, 2007, 6:00 PM
This sounds very plausable to me. Even if they sold some units (as they claim) they could always just give the money back. I thought their package was the most attractive of the new buildings as far as floorplans, room sizes, amenitys and finishs in addition to the views but they are also asking more money and they have to find the people who want to spend it. Also the location isn't top drawer. The building only makes sense if you never go outside. At their price points they are competeing with Parc Rittenhouse (kind of dumpy but can't beat the location), Ritz Carlton(fabulous building but bad location) and 10 Rittenhouse which it seems will be the best of both worlds but it won't be ready for awhile. If I was spending that much in Philly I would still hold out for somthing at 220W "The Rittenhouse" instead of any of the new buildings.

Palms
Oct 3, 2007, 9:22 PM
There is a couple paragraphs about Two Liberty Place in this weeks Phila Bus. journal. They have closed on a $120 M loan for the residential conversion.

Chriss
Oct 4, 2007, 6:27 PM
Wow, the building has shot up! I can't wait to visit home over Thanksgiving and see it!

Thanks to everyone who has posted pics in this thread!

CondoGuru
Oct 4, 2007, 6:43 PM
There is a couple paragraphs about Two Liberty Place in this weeks Phila Bus. journal. They have closed on a $120 M loan for the residential conversion.

See, there you go. Before last week they hadn't closed on their financing. They just barely scraped by for units they claimed they'd be delivering in September 2007, and now "early" 2008. These dates mean nothing if a developer can't sell enough to get financing. It's generally a good rule of thumb to take any ad with a grain of salt. Believe when a) concrete is coming out of the ground *Murano, Ritz, 10 Rittenhouse* or b) when people start moving in *Ayer, eventually Two Liberty*. Otherwise, it's all speculative BS.

Palms
Oct 4, 2007, 10:34 PM
See, there you go. Before last week they hadn't closed on their financing. They just barely scraped by for units they claimed they'd be delivering in September 2007, and now "early" 2008. These dates mean nothing if a developer can't sell enough to get financing. It's generally a good rule of thumb to take any ad with a grain of salt. Believe when a) concrete is coming out of the ground *Murano, Ritz, 10 Rittenhouse* or b) when people start moving in *Ayer, eventually Two Liberty*. Otherwise, it's all speculative BS.

It wasn't an ad. It was a column by one of the Philadlephia Business Journal writers- stating that the Falcone Group was successful in securing a loan for $120 M dollars for their conversion of the top half of Two liberty into residential units.

Simply passing on learned information chief.

CondoGuru
Oct 5, 2007, 2:00 PM
It wasn't an ad. It was a column by one of the Philadlephia Business Journal writers- stating that the Falcone Group was successful in securing a loan for $120 M dollars for their conversion of the top half of Two liberty into residential units.

Simply passing on learned information chief.

All I was referring to was the "ad" that said their Phase-I was sold out...the Phase-I that was supposed to be done and delivered in September 2007, which is now "early" 2008. Wasn't an attack on you "chief," just an observation that projects aren't always as far along as they claim. In a conversion, we get proof when we see work being done and people moving in, which at Two Liberty, hasn't started yet. If their ads claim they rival the best new buildings with no wait time for delivery, that's all a farce if they can't even deliver before the new ones being built from the ground up.

MJPhilly
Oct 6, 2007, 1:29 AM
http://www.skyscrapersunset.com/projects/construction/murano/images/0710-03.jpg

http://www.skyscrapersunset.com/projects/construction/murano/images/0710-02.jpg

http://www.skyscrapersunset.com/projects/construction/murano/images/0710-04.jpg

http://www.skyscrapersunset.com/projects/construction/murano/images/0710-05.jpg

TechTalkGuy
Oct 6, 2007, 6:35 AM
:previous: Outstanding update, MJ !! :tup:
Major Update: 2007

This is my contribution highlighting Philadelphia's most energetic development happening today.

In this update are the following new skyscrapers:

1. Residences at the Ritz-Carlton
2. Murano
3. Comcast Center
tQZ9YPLK_Ls
Photos edited with iPhoto.
Presentation with Keynote.
Music composed with GarageBand.
Video produced with iMovie.

Enjoy! :D

pentopaper50
Oct 6, 2007, 4:41 PM
Great job, fish! Love the eagles bit at the end.

Philly is clearly going through an architectural Renaissance. Did you hear that the parking lot next to Comcast Center has been purchased to make room for a mixed-use development (i.e., retail, condos, hotel)?

Anyone know when UPenn will start developing the post office parking lots? Murano's property value will soar once Penn starts to make the West side of the river more inviting. Center City and University City will finally start to connect...

bryson662001
Oct 10, 2007, 2:03 AM
The crown is clearly under construction even if it isn't quite finished so the building has "topped out". It won't go any higher. I wonder if there will be a ceremony with a tree and flag......if so it should be coming soon.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k50/bryson662001/IMG_1136.jpg

TechTalkGuy
Oct 10, 2007, 2:31 AM
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k50/bryson662001/IMG_1136.jpg

Look at that outstanding photo! :tup:

Congrats bryson! :cucumber: :apple: :banana: :leek:

philliesphinest
Oct 10, 2007, 12:13 PM
I'm guessing the top portion is going to be the penthouse. The views will probably pretty sweey from up there. Anyone know if that is sold or what the asking price is I was going to crack open my piggy bank.

BigDan35
Oct 10, 2007, 3:33 PM
Has it been confirmed that they will be painting the concrete white? If so, when will that happen? After all the glass is up?

dallasbrink
Oct 10, 2007, 3:52 PM
:previous: Outstanding update, MJ !! :tup:
Major Update: 2007

This is my contribution highlighting Philadelphia's most energetic development happening today.

In this update are the following new skyscrapers:

1. Residences at the Ritz-Carlton
2. Murano
3. Comcast Center
tQZ9YPLK_Ls
Photos edited with iPhoto.
Presentation with Keynote.
Music composed with GarageBand.
Video produced with iMovie.

Enjoy! :D

Lets see a PC do that
nice video, except the last 20 seconds.

Pinoy2.0
Oct 10, 2007, 4:33 PM
I LOVE THE LAST 30 SECONDS!!!!

great job fish!!

i'm not a big video person, but wouldn't have noticed if everyone didn't give it so much love, i had to check it out.

after that, macs look pretty sweet. they are probably better for photo editing as welll (or so i'm told)

cjPhilly
Oct 10, 2007, 7:27 PM
The crown is clearly under construction even if it isn't quite finished so the building has "topped out". It won't go any higher. I wonder if there will be a ceremony with a tree and flag......if so it should be coming soon.

I may be wrong, but I think they only do the "tree-topping" ceremony with steel construction. I think it's an iron-workers tradition. Anyone remember what they did when the St. James topped out?

bryson662001
Oct 10, 2007, 7:58 PM
I may be wrong, but I think they only do the "tree-topping" ceremony with steel construction. I think it's an iron-workers tradition. Anyone remember what they did when the St. James topped out?
I think you are right.....I forgot.

TechTalkGuy
Oct 10, 2007, 8:33 PM
With all the skyscrapers rising these days, who has time to check for the topping out ceremony?

However, the Comcast topping made big headlines last month.

As for the last minute or so of video on my presentation - this just might be the medicine that the eagles need to get themselves back.

BTW, I just bought the new iPod Touch - so I can put videos like this on it - then I can show off Philadelphia to those I meet. :tup:

Surrealplaces
Oct 10, 2007, 9:58 PM
What a wicked looking tower. Some great stuff going on in Philly these days. :tup:

SouthPhilly
Oct 10, 2007, 11:40 PM
Surrealplaces, thankyou

i also loved the last 30 seconds, unlike those dirty texans

TechTalkGuy
Oct 11, 2007, 1:06 AM
Surrealplaces, thankyou

i also loved the last 30 seconds, unlike those dirty texans

I believe the ending was about 60 or so seconds but then again, it might be 30 seconds since I didn't actually look at the clock.

But yeh, those eagles need to get back - seriously!

tower
Oct 11, 2007, 1:58 AM
Fish; great video. But don't be over be so overconfident. Without a Bob Saget Cameo, I am left wanting more.

Everyone, greats pics. Murano looks great especially from South Street bridge...which may or may not be be obstructed in terms of view by Mandeville Place.

I'll never be able to afford any of these residences anyway, I live in a shack down by the river.

drgoogle
Oct 11, 2007, 2:37 AM
Salespeople say yes, it will be painted white. When? I'd imagine pretty soon!

Has it been confirmed that they will be painting the concrete white? If so, when will that happen? After all the glass is up?

Muji
Oct 16, 2007, 2:48 PM
Check out http://www.phillyskyline.com for another hard hat tour. The views from many of those units must be incredible!

BUILDER5000
Oct 22, 2007, 1:26 PM
A little foggy out last thursday or friday am but I was driving past and snapped a couple shots on my camera phone :banana:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/jayr05/murano2.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/jayr05/murano1.jpg

phillyskyline
Oct 22, 2007, 6:57 PM
This building is absolutely stunning, it leaves me wanting more round highrises in CC. Hopefully the developers of the 18th & Arch project designs a commercial highrise with the beauty & grace Murano exemplifies. It would make the skyline stand out so much more IMO.

Wheelingman04
Oct 23, 2007, 3:58 PM
^ I agree. Great tower.

BigDan35
Oct 27, 2007, 1:53 AM
Any recent pics? They should be finishing the crown up pretty soon right?

bucks native
Oct 27, 2007, 5:02 AM
That parking garage is sad...so sad.

Someone knock it down, please!

drgoogle
Oct 27, 2007, 5:49 AM
or you could wait until its finished...:yes:

Johnland
Oct 27, 2007, 10:45 AM

It is just so glaring and stark white, which screams 'hey, carpark here!!'. It is not in keeping with the cool, sleek elegance of the condo tower to which it services.

bucks native
Oct 27, 2007, 1:56 PM
or you could wait until its finished...:yes:

Then can I knock it down?

Or, wait,....kudzu - yeah, plant kudzu. That should cover it in no time.

Ronald Reagan
Oct 27, 2007, 7:44 PM
I purchased a unit on the 12th floor. I purchased an 1091 sq ft 1 bedroom which is the largest floor plan. Here are some photos from my hardhat tour last Friday. Sorry as the weather was quite dreary. The views are spectacular!

http://pictures.aol.com/galleries/docp101/2f00GoqT*UNc8pNIQ-zQRljmL*1hFFEAwtyhv4xQp5Fd3Ig=/large/

http://pictures.aol.com/galleries/docp101/2f00GoqT*UNc8pNIQ-zQRljmL7XDY9ScHDUIv4xQp5Fd3Ig=/large/

http://pictures.aol.com/galleries/docp101/2f00GoqT*UNc8pNIQ-zQRljmL77Fn2QwvSl8v4xQp5Fd3Ig=/large/

http://pictures.aol.com/galleries/docp101/2f00GoqT*UNc8pNIQ-zQRljmL40N*vJpAxz6v4xQp5Fd3Ig=/large/

http://pictures.aol.com/galleries/docp101/2f00GoqT*UNc8pNIQ-zQRljmL5lTz*R0fl8Ov4xQp5Fd3Ig=/large/

http://pictures.aol.com/galleries/docp101/2f00GoqT*UNc8pNIQ-zQRljmLwgkqmc0oo56v4xQp5Fd3Ig=/large/

:cheers:

truebeliever
Oct 27, 2007, 7:58 PM
Then can I knock it down?

Or, wait,....kudzu - yeah, plant kudzu. That should cover it in no time.
Uh, last I checked, it is a garage. They will be parking cars there. Get over it, girls.

Pinoy2.0
Oct 27, 2007, 8:18 PM
Thanks for the pictures Ron. For individual pictures just get the image location and hit the "landscape mountain icon" and paste the address in there.

bucks native
Oct 27, 2007, 8:32 PM
Uh, last I checked, it is a garage. They will be parking cars there. Get over it, girls.

Oh, good heavens, it appeared to me to be a wart on an otherwize handsome structure. Please pardon my error, dude.

Seely32
Oct 27, 2007, 8:35 PM
I purchased a unit on the 12th floor. I purchased an 1091 sq ft 1 bedroom which is the largest floor plan. Here are some photos from my hardhat tour last Friday. Sorry as the weather was quite dreary. The views are spectacular!

http://pictures.aol.com/galleries/docp101

I am new to this board. How does one embed the photos in the post?

:cheers:

Great pics ,quite a buy, goodluck with the unit. Any other information you can share like a possible move in date? Just to see how on schedule they are with completion.

Johnland
Oct 27, 2007, 9:24 PM
Great views Ronald Reagan. Thanks for sharing the pics. I'm sure you'll really enjoy living there. Those units look so nice in virtual tour in the website.

skellergroup
Oct 27, 2007, 10:18 PM
I think i've herad (in previous posts) that the parking garage has much more to go before it is done and will not remain the white and stark structure that is right now.

Ronald Reagan
Oct 27, 2007, 11:25 PM
Great pics ,quite a buy, goodluck with the unit. Any other information you can share like a possible move in date? Just to see how on schedule they are with completion.
The move in should be about May/June timeframe for the 12th floor. The pool and hospitality area will not be competed till they have moved the people in.

I will have a North and West view which means I will get the Art museum and the river. In the previous post I attached one photo of the same unit on the 16th floor. You will notice about a 2 feet ledge on the windows. Every 4 floors has this ledge so it eliminates the full floor to ceiling windows. There is some type of engineering reason for this. This was not attractive to me as I wanted the full floor to ceiling windows.

This was only pointed out to me at the hardhat tour so I'm glad I did not get a floor with a ledge.

Sales agent said the unit is approaching 75%.

I will post pictures of the pool later.

Plompy Lfeata
Oct 27, 2007, 11:25 PM
Skellergroup: I think i've herad (in previous posts) that the parking garage has much more to go before it is done and will not remain the white and stark structure that is right now.

yes, i believe ive heard it quite a few times.....

TechTalkGuy
Oct 28, 2007, 3:24 AM
The move in should be about May/June timeframe for the 12th floor.
You are very fortunate that your wait is in that timeframe.

I bougt my condo on June 1st, 2001 - I will never forget that date - so I look forward to hearing more details when you are able to post. :tup:
You will notice about a 2 feet ledge on the windows. Every 4 floors has this ledge so it elimninates the full floor to ceiling windows. There is some type of engineering reason for this. This was not attractive to me as I wanted the full floor to ceiling windows.

This was only pointed out to me at the hardhat tour so I'm glad I did not get a floor with a ledge.
The company I work for just moved most divisions into a brand new office building and my desk, one of many, has floor to ceiling windows.

The next (adjacent) isle does not have that - they have a ledge!

Only thing is that sitting with the window behind me, I can feel a draft.

My space is on the 3rd floor.
I do not get an office - only a mere cubicle.

I am lucky to have a nice view of the parking garage - but it's not a skyscraper and it's not in Philadelphia - so I will just say that I am lucky to work in the suburbs. :tup:

drgoogle
Oct 28, 2007, 6:14 AM
Got it.

In the previous post I attached one photo of the same unit on the 16th floor. You will notice about a 2 feet ledge on the windows. Every 4 floors has this ledge so it elimninates the full floor to ceiling windows.

CondoGuru
Oct 28, 2007, 4:27 PM
Look at the pic of the unit with the "ledge." Then look at the baclony door...the door drops to the floor along the ledge to what appears to be much less than two feet, probably no more than one foot from what I can tell. I think it's more an aesthetic thing than anything else. I have two small dogs and would prefer the protection the ledge provides on the balcony. I would be so lucky to even have that much glass! You guys make me sick. haha :haha:

Ronald Reagan
Oct 28, 2007, 4:48 PM
Hi Ronald,

16th floor has a ledge, but 12 does not? You said every 4 floors has this ledge? I'm asking b/c I wonder if my floor has it too. I bought on Floor 4.
There is no 13th floor so 16 is only 3 floor higher than 12.

Sales agent said the building is approaching 75% sold. By December / Jan they expect to have samples in the building itself. They have passed at least 2 price increases and 1 more large increase is coming on the curved units.

At least so far this building seems to be commercially viable!

drgoogle
Oct 29, 2007, 3:22 AM
ok, i actually bought on floor 3. you can see the larger horizontal concrete stripes in the photo on philly skyline. from that, it appears the ledge is on floors 2, 6, 7, 11, 16, 20, 24, 28 etc. (taking into consideration there is no 13th floor).

i think i'm aok.

There is no 13th floor so 16 is only 3 floor higher than 12.

Sales agent said the building is approaching 75% sold. By December / Jan they expect to have samples in the building itself. They have passed at least 2 price increases and 1 more large increase is coming on the curved units.

drgoogle
Oct 29, 2007, 3:34 AM
This building is more than viable. KOZs, Cira South, Nutters plan to improve lighting & landscape on Market St, and the IRS jobs move will definately help Murano units increase in price. 75% sold is a darn good number but given the overall value, this condo building should be 95% sold at this point. Perhaps its the vanilla garage that is turning off prospectives ;)

pentopaper50
Oct 29, 2007, 9:02 PM
I don't mind the ledge. Glass all the way to the floor, especially wood floors, means you'll need to wear slippers all the time during winter. Also, the windows will be a pain to open unless you bend down.

For any of you who have seen the units from the inside, do the ceilings feel like they're pretty high? Are 9' foot ceiling average for a building like this?

drgoogle
Oct 30, 2007, 3:08 AM
not all floors at 9'.

I know the 4th floor is 10', but there might have been a one-off engineering reason for that.

For any of you who have seen the units from the inside, do the ceilings feel like they're pretty high? Are 9' foot ceiling average for a building like this?

alexpasch
Oct 31, 2007, 4:38 AM
Most floors are 9'...the lowest floors and the top floors are 10' (to keep the symmetrical look to the building)

9 foot is about as tall as your typical office ceiling...

not all floors at 9'.

I know the 4th floor is 10', but there might have been a one-off engineering reason for that.

Cro Burnham
Oct 31, 2007, 2:43 PM
Nothing personal, but if you haven't even seen what the final product is supposed to look like, how can you jump to the conclusion that it's ugly before it's even completed??? Kinda like "we believe there are Weapons of Mass Destruction"... ;)

So far the garage is turning out how 99% of other garages turn out. Just a dull cardboard box garage, in other words.

So CondoGuru, I'm still waiting for the pixie dust that the developer will sprinkle on the garage to make it special and different, suited to its rich users. You seemed to believe that this developer would make a special garage. Any idea when this will take place?

drgoogle
Oct 31, 2007, 4:49 PM
um, its just a garage.

So far the garage is turning out how 99% of other garages turn out. Just a dull cardboard box garage, in other words.

So CondoGuru, I'm still waiting for the pixie dust that the developer will sprinkle on the garage to make it special and different, suited to its rich users. You seemed to believe that this developer would make a special garage. Any idea when this will take place?

pentopaper50
Oct 31, 2007, 6:59 PM

Just wait until they put up the grates. Grates always make buildings look better, right? ;-)

CondoGuru
Nov 2, 2007, 7:12 PM
Are we back on the garage again? Did Inga inspire us to pick the shit out of yet another building most of us will never be able to afford to live in? Again, I can only form an opinion one way or the other on the finished product, and from what I know, it's not done yet. The building looks incredible, and I have no doubt that 99% of the people buying there don't give a rat's ass about the garage. But I will give them the benefit of the doubt until it's actually done.

rdm
Nov 3, 2007, 1:03 PM
Are we back on the garage again? Did Inga inspire us to pick the shit out of yet another building most of us will never be able to afford to live in? Again, I can only form an opinion one way or the other on the finished product, and from what I know, it's not done yet. The building looks incredible, and I have no doubt that 99% of the people buying there don't give a rat's ass about the garage. But I will give them the benefit of the doubt until it's actually done.

haha. im starting to have less and less respect for that woman myself. probably starting to hate her secretly in my brain. it's a fvcking garage.

Swinefeld
Nov 5, 2007, 3:16 AM
November 4
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e388/Swinefeld/New%20Constructon/Murano_Oct07_01.jpg

Rufus
Nov 5, 2007, 3:45 AM
Nice shot of old and new there, Swinefeld.

TechTalkGuy
Nov 5, 2007, 4:01 AM
Very nice composition, Swinefeld! :D

PhillyRising
Nov 5, 2007, 2:11 PM
I assume this is now topped out. So sleek and stylish but I'm sure when Queen Inga reviews it...she'll focus he column on the garage and how awful it is....

Swinefeld
Nov 5, 2007, 2:25 PM
I assume this is now topped out.

You are correct, sir!
http://www.nndb.com/people/419/000022353/42-3870-sm.jpg

bryson662001
Nov 5, 2007, 3:13 PM
Nice shot of old and new there, Swinefeld.

Believe it or not that dumpy little building with the fire escapes gets a million, more or less, for a half floor or at least it used to, and it sold out.

PhillyRising
Nov 5, 2007, 5:05 PM
You are correct, sir!
http://www.nndb.com/people/419/000022353/42-3870-sm.jpg

Remember the day in June 2006 when we all got together for a walk around and we stood across the street at Commerce Square and looked at the equipment that was putting the pilings into the ground? It so nice to see the finished product coming to the end! It's going to be one of the best looking buildings in the city IMO.

Parkway
Nov 9, 2007, 12:29 PM
Is the glass finished? And when do people start moving into this work of art?

russbaseball
Nov 9, 2007, 2:32 PM
still 2 more floors and the crown to go.

BigDan35
Nov 9, 2007, 3:39 PM
2 more floors and the crown still left to put glass over. But I heard the crane was coming down this very week. I was under the impression, the crane was used to raise the glass up and into place. So if the crane is gone, how do they get the glass up there? They definitely won't have 2 floors AND the crown glassed by this week.

Parkway
Nov 9, 2007, 6:52 PM
I've always wondered how they got the crane off the top of the building?

LittleMike
Nov 9, 2007, 7:22 PM
I've always wondered how they got the crane off the top of the building?

helicopter? I really have no idea

looper121
Nov 9, 2007, 8:45 PM
Whirleybird. Yes.

CondoGuru
Nov 9, 2007, 10:08 PM
I don't think the crane comes down until they've placed the mechanicals on the roof. As far as I know, that hasn't happened yet, but I could be wrong. Anyone witness that happening?

bryson662001
Nov 10, 2007, 11:48 PM
2 more floors and the crown still left to put glass over. But I heard the crane was coming down this very week. I was under the impression, the crane was used to raise the glass up and into place. So if the crane is gone, how do they get the glass up there? They definitely won't have 2 floors AND the crown glassed by this week.
There are more than just two floors that need glass. Maybe the glass is already up there and they don't need a crane just to position it. And I don't believe the crown gets any glass.
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k50/bryson662001/IMG_1193.jpg

BigDan35
Nov 11, 2007, 2:50 AM
From the looks of this renderring...the crown gets some sort of glass.

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/605/1366584954508ge.jpg

bryson662001
Nov 11, 2007, 4:18 AM
From the looks of this renderring...the crown gets some sort of glass.

Your right but it's a glass we haven't seen before. I guess we will have to wait and see.

drgoogle
Nov 11, 2007, 6:26 AM
This new grey glass (from the rendering) may change the entire look of the building. This building aint done yet!

Your right but it's a glass we haven't seen before. I guess we will have to wait and see.

pentopaper50
Nov 11, 2007, 2:54 PM
This new grey glass (from the rendering) may change the entire look of the building. This building aint done yet!

I don't think it will be glass. The model I've seen suggests that it will be a grill, matching the grills they'll put up on the garage.

caynkaren
Nov 11, 2007, 3:49 PM
Hi everyone,
We are original purchasers @ Murano (when budget rent a car was still on that site - November,2005). We bought on the 31st floor, and are planning a hard hat tour soon. I've been watching your comments since the summer, and thought it would be fun to join in. The pictures on this site are great! so thanks for sharing. How many are going to be our neighbors among those commenting out here? I thought that the sales folks mentioned they were going to bring us all together at one point, but that was long ago. My husband and I are anxiously looking forward to a new life style in the city and especially at the Murano. We were told recently our move in is to be late summer 2008.

On the flip side, it is really slow going trying to sell our house in Chester county, so we can use this time. Anyone know someone looking for a bargain in the burbs :)?