PDA

View Full Version : PHILADELPHIA | The Murano | 475 FT / 145 M | 42 FLOORS

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17

TechTalkGuy
Jun 11, 2007, 9:06 PM
Oh. I was under the impression buildings took only a couple days to be completed ;)

Actually, most towers only take a few minutes to upload from the street.

The reason it take so long is that the server is busy with other construction sites, then you have network congestion and other issues associated with it. ;)

sciguy0504
Jun 13, 2007, 6:42 PM
The garage reminds me of the white building next to Comcast (Cigna Annex?).

RayZ
Jun 15, 2007, 3:45 PM
The garage looks like its going to be a clunker. Has the diagonal preformed concrete bands that scream "i'm a garage". Hopefully they will clad it with some granit or something. It would be a shame to attach this thing to a beauty like Murano.

H-Ville Man
Jun 18, 2007, 3:20 AM
The garage looks like its going to be a clunker. Has the diagonal preformed concrete bands that scream "i'm a garage". Hopefully they will clad it with some granit or something. It would be a shame to attach this thing to a beauty like Murano.

I agree with RayZ. The garage needs some work. Big time.

CondoGuru
Jun 18, 2007, 3:11 PM
I agree with RayZ. The garage needs some work. Big time.

Yes it does. That's what they're doing right now guys...working on it. lol Personally, I'm suspending my judgement until it's actually completed. Unless you've seen some renderings of the garage I haven't, we'd all appreciate it if you could post them for us all to see. That way we can arrive at the same premature conclusions. ;)

Cro Burnham
Jun 18, 2007, 7:17 PM
Unless you've seen some renderings of the garage I haven't, we'd all appreciate it if you could post them for us all to see. That way we can arrive at the same premature conclusions. ;)

The conclusion really is not premature. You don't need a rendering of this thing to know in advance that it is going to be ugly - like 99% of garages, particularly in this town.

CondoGuru
Jun 18, 2007, 9:25 PM
Well I can't predict the future, so I'm not going to jump to any conclusions. Unless you have inside information as to what it's going to look like, I'm not exactly clear as to how anyone can form an opinion one way or the other on something that's not even close to being completed, especially if they have no idea what it's supposed to look like. Do you know with certainty that there will or won't be glass panels affixed to the outside? Or rooftop greenery planted on top? backlighting? any information at all? Please share.

pentopaper50
Jun 18, 2007, 10:14 PM
There's actually a scale model of the garage in the Murano showroom, and it looks very modern to me. There will be clear glass panels affixed to the concrete structure and a landscaped roof garden/deck.

GarCastle
Jun 18, 2007, 11:37 PM
A quick shot this afternoon:
http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/9392/dscn0419jk4.jpg

kznyc2k
Jun 19, 2007, 12:29 AM
I'm sure this has been observed already, but the Murano and Comcast totally complement eachother - as construction "partners", elements on the skyline, or viewed as nothing more than two architectural pieces.

Throw in the Cira Center, and you've got one hell of a trio of modern glassy towers that add to your skyline in a very, very nice way. Keep on stayin' classy, Philly!

russbaseball
Jun 21, 2007, 1:47 PM
up to the 30th floor!

SJPhillyBoy
Jun 21, 2007, 5:13 PM
up to the 30th floor!
That makes 12 floors left till this beautiful building is topped out. That also means that it is roughly 71% complete, heightwise.

CondoGuru
Jun 21, 2007, 5:49 PM
That makes 12 floors left till this beautiful building is topped out. That also means that it is roughly 71% complete, heightwise.

Wow. that's crazy how fast it got up to the 30th! I had a thought when I was walking past the Ritz the other day. How can they still claim to be completed in Fall 2008 when they're still on the 3rd floor and Murano will be done in summer 2008 and they're on the 30th??? Is it not glaringly obvious that that is impossible just by comparing the construction progress of the two buildings???

GarCastle
Jun 21, 2007, 10:06 PM
Quick shot showing the height as of 1.5 hours ago and the whiteness of the garage:
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/3972/dscn0427uq7.jpg

Capsule F
Jun 21, 2007, 10:29 PM
Who could possibly resist a precast garage as a developer. While it sucks I will say its saving grave is its very very white and new looking color, but that won't last long.

FlyersFan118
Jun 21, 2007, 10:33 PM
Not to rehash or re-re-reiterate old complaints, but this building really should've been taller. If they had matched the height of Commcerce Square, the effect on the skyline would've been dramatic.

philliesphinest
Jun 21, 2007, 10:54 PM
Maybe the Ritz should have also went with a precast garage. They spent many months underground redoing the old garage and now it appears they are a little behind schedule. Probably has to do with the size of their lot.

Rufus
Jun 22, 2007, 3:01 AM
Not to rehash or re-re-reiterate old complaints, but this building really should've been taller. If they had matched the height of Commcerce Square, the effect on the skyline would've been dramatic.

I agree. It's the perfect height - and width - for this location.

Nevermind, that should be I disagree with your statement. At this height, Commerce Square makes a good backdrop when viewed from the northwest/west/southwest. Murano adds to the "Mount Fiji" form of our beloved skyline, with the peak in the center, gradually tapering off to the east and west sides.

TechTalkGuy
Jun 22, 2007, 3:23 AM
When will the area surrounding the Cira Centre be further developed?

Once Murano is finished, our focus will be on further development.

Swinefeld
Jun 25, 2007, 1:25 AM
June 24, 2007.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e388/Swinefeld/New%20Constructon/Murano0624_01.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e388/Swinefeld/New%20Constructon/Murano0624_02.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e388/Swinefeld/New%20Constructon/Murano0624_03.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e388/Swinefeld/New%20Constructon/Murano0624_05.jpg

Finally, a preview of the Murano garage.
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e388/Swinefeld/New%20Constructon/MuranoGarage0624_01.jpg

TechTalkGuy
Jun 25, 2007, 1:34 AM
Outstanding update, Swinefeld! :tup:

phillyskyline
Jun 25, 2007, 2:41 AM
I wonder what the lighting scheme will be like at night? Will the top be lighted like the St. James crown?

volguus zildrohar
Jun 25, 2007, 3:48 AM
June 21

http://www.pbase.com/phillytrax/image/81105020.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/phillytrax/image/81105024.jpg

June 24

http://www.pbase.com/phillytrax/image/81105037.jpg

slow-v6
Jun 25, 2007, 8:14 AM
I think it is the perfect height.. It makes the commerce square towers look huge..

markdv
Jun 25, 2007, 8:17 PM
What a great tower going up. The architecture is similar to a few buildings in Houston, sleek yet soft ! Philly gets better everyday ! Makes me want to turn to a life of crime to be able to afford a Murano penthouse.:notacrook:

Cro Burnham
Jun 25, 2007, 9:58 PM
Once Murano is finished, our focus will be on further development.

Deep

philliesphinest
Jun 26, 2007, 12:51 AM
So far that garage looks terrible hopefully when it is completed it will look half as good as the Murano. Great photos everyone. Murano is definitely starting to have a presence on the skyline from many view points.:tup:

Cro Burnham
Jun 26, 2007, 3:51 AM
So far that garage looks terrible

If the Michelin Man were a garage, he would look like this garage.

Face it CondoGuru, that garage is dawg ugly. I'm not sure how you think they are going to pretty it up . . .

JMininger
Jun 26, 2007, 4:55 AM
If the Michelin Man were a garage, he would look like this garage.

Face it CondoGuru, that garage is dawg ugly. I'm not sure how you think they are going to pretty it up . . .

:haha:

Agreed. This is the garage that everybody has to look at for the next 50 years? What a waste of center city space.

looper121
Jun 26, 2007, 3:36 PM
OK, OK chumpzillas, why don't we wait for final product before flinging out opinions? I'm guessing that since it takes some decent dough to call the Murano home, they will class up the garage a bit. I'm guessing some sort of screen masking will show up eventually, similar to the 40th and Walnut garage in west Philly...maybe I'm wrong.

Go Phillies!

Plokoon11
Jun 26, 2007, 3:48 PM
I love the garage!

drgoogle
Jun 26, 2007, 10:22 PM
exactly. The garage is going to get a screen that will have "vertical gold strips of metal and a silver like screen". I dont know the technical speak of this covering but it will be "classed up". Go look at the model for yourself.

OK, OK chumpzillas, why don't we wait for final product before flinging out opinions? I'm guessing that since it takes some decent dough to call the Murano home, they will class up the garage a bit. I'm guessing some sort of screen masking will show up eventually, similar to the 40th and Walnut garage in west Philly...maybe I'm wrong.

Go Phillies!

Cro Burnham
Jun 26, 2007, 10:26 PM
OK, OK chumpzillas, why don't we wait for final product before flinging out opinions?

"Chumpzillas"???!!?? Dude called me a Chumpzilla!!!!!! Fightin' words!!!:maddown:

CondoGuru
Jun 27, 2007, 2:47 PM
Nothing personal, but if you haven't even seen what the final product is supposed to look like, how can you jump to the conclusion that it's ugly before it's even completed??? Kinda like "we believe there are Weapons of Mass Destruction"... ;)

JMininger
Jun 27, 2007, 4:31 PM
Nothing personal, but if you haven't even seen what the final product is supposed to look like, how can you jump to the conclusion that it's ugly before it's even completed??? Kinda like "we believe there are Weapons of Mass Destruction"... ;)

Look, you can't take a poop, stick a flower in it, and call it art .... ok, maybe some people would ... but you get my point!

russbaseball
Jun 27, 2007, 4:53 PM
can someone post a pic of an amazing garage. i mean i saw a garage that was covered in ivy down in south beach which was nice, but a garage is a garage.

JMininger
Jun 27, 2007, 5:05 PM
can someone post a pic of an amazing garage. i mean i saw a garage that was covered in ivy down in south beach which was nice, but a garage is a garage.

Try the first X floors of the comcast center. Nice looking garage there.

russbaseball
Jun 27, 2007, 5:22 PM
yea an underground garage is the way to go! and with the rest of the space on that lot they could have done something a lot better. but if it cant be underground then what can you expect.

sciguy0504
Jun 27, 2007, 6:21 PM
I kind of like the garage. Reminds me of the white building by Comcast Center.

pentopaper50
Jun 27, 2007, 7:01 PM
I'm fairly certain the developers wanted an underground garage, but if I remember correctly, there were topographic or environmental reasons why they couldn't build one on this lot. Wasn't the site originally a gas station?

Either way, I think this garage looks good, and 1000x better than some of the internal garages found in apartment buildings along JFK Blvd East. or the St. James.

The rooftop deck will also be nice, especially if they landscape it.

Great building, good garage.

CondoGuru
Jun 27, 2007, 7:05 PM
Does anyone here have an understanding of Philly's underground transit lines? I would imagine they couldn't put an underground parking garage just off Market Street with the rail lines underground anyway. Commerce's subterranean garage is above Market Street, directly below its fountain, and Im pretty sure that most garages along Market Street are above ground too, are they not?

McBane
Jun 27, 2007, 11:59 PM
Are they going to panel up the exterior concrete bands?

Somone mentioned that they thought the Murano should be taller. This is such an amazing building, I don't blame that person. I look at these excellent pics you guys are posting and I gotta admit, I don't ever want this building to top out. I mean I do, but another side of me wants the building to keep growing and growing. It's like the Cira Centre - too nice to be under 700 feet, but at least the Cira Centre commands attention because it sits alone.

Disclaimer: My post was less a complaint about the building's height and more of a compliment to its amazing design.

JMininger
Jun 28, 2007, 12:42 AM
Does anyone here have an understanding of Philly's underground transit lines? I would imagine they couldn't put an underground parking garage just off Market Street with the rail lines underground anyway. Commerce's subterranean garage is above Market Street, directly below its fountain, and Im pretty sure that most garages along Market Street are above ground too, are they not?

That I don't know. Never explicitly said it had to be below ground. Could have been above ground aka Trump Chicago or any of a number of buildings in Chicago. Those guys have any number of underground issues to deal with, including a river, lake filler, underground tunnels and transit lines. And they manage it whether it is residential or commercial. May have been cheaper than building below ground if that is indeed what the developers originally wanted. Now it very well be that the cost or practicality of designing it into the building above ground just didn't work with the design or the market and it was attached garage or no building at all. I'll take garage if that is the case. The world is full of compromises. Don't have to like it.

apetrella802
Jun 28, 2007, 1:08 AM
speaking of chicago, one the it's iconic buildings is the Marina Towers, the lower stories not only serve as a podium for parking but the cars are visable and very prominately so.

CondoGuru
Jun 28, 2007, 4:04 PM
speaking of chicago, one the it's iconic buildings is the Marina Towers, the lower stories not only serve as a podium for parking but the cars are visable and very prominately so.

COOL BUILDINGS!!!

CondoGuru
Jun 28, 2007, 4:05 PM

Isn't that a major bone of contention for designers and neighbors? Nobody wants to stare at car bumpers for the first nine or ten floors of a building, so putting the garage above-ground and behind it seems like it was the only solution. They more than likely couldn't go underground directly beneath the building with those transit lines and it doesn't make much sense to go underground behind the building, does it? An underground garage with a vacant lot sitting above it? Odd.

JMininger
Jun 28, 2007, 9:51 PM
Isn't that a major bone of contention for designers and neighbors? Nobody wants to stare at car bumpers for the first nine or ten floors of a building, so putting the garage above-ground and behind it seems like it was the only solution. They more than likely couldn't go underground directly beneath the building with those transit lines and it doesn't make much sense to go underground behind the building, does it? An underground garage with a vacant lot sitting above it? Odd.

Interesting thought. Wouldn't work though if you intended to build another tower on that lot at some point.

I don't know if is a point of contention or not. I don't know why it would be a problem. Walking into the first floor lobby, would you even know there was a parking garage above you? I am sure that in some buildings, express elevators from the first floor zip right past the garage levels. Some have a lobby above the garage exclusively for the residents. If you live in the building and park in the garage, what is the difference between the attached garage or if it is in the building? Either way, you still have to walk through the garage to get to the lobby.

Externally, Marina Towers being the exception, you wouldn't know there was a parking garage in the building except perhaps for a ramp or parking entrance in the back of the building. In Trump Chicago, almost that entire bottom segment before the first setback is a parking garage. Except for the ramp in the back, there is no way to tell from the street.

JMininger
Jun 28, 2007, 10:07 PM
Slightly off topic .... those Marina Towers are very cool ... I like how you can "park" your boat underneath the building. Hey, maybe Murano will be such a success that we'll start seeing development west and something like that will show up on that underutilized river you got there.

pentopaper50
Jun 28, 2007, 10:10 PM
What if they design the building so that the top five floors are the garage? Penthouse garage! lol

CondoGuru
Jun 29, 2007, 8:49 PM
[QUOTE=JMininger;2924078]

I don't know if is a point of contention or not. I don't know why it would be a problem. Walking into the first floor lobby, would you even know there was a parking garage above you? I am sure that in some buildings, express elevators from the first floor zip right past the garage levels. Some have a lobby above the garage exclusively for the residents. If you live in the building and park in the garage, what is the difference between the attached garage or if it is in the building? Either way, you still have to walk through the garage to get to the lobby.

Not a point of contention for the building's residents, but surrounding members of the community don't find it very appealing to see car bumpers peering out over the sidewalk for the first ten floors. You're seeing most neighborhood associations opposing propsals with integrated garage podiums more frequently. Also, with the Murano's floorprint looking so slender, it doesn't even look large enough to accomodate enough cars per floor to fit them all into ten floors, and unlike Chicago's mega highrises, which are much larger and have wider girth all around, Philadelphians aren't used to driving up twelve to fifteen floors of car ramps. That would be a nauseating spiral of a drive in that building.

PhillyRising
Jun 29, 2007, 10:03 PM
The garage didn't look that bad to me as I passed by it on the R5 coming into town today. I've seen worse.

Lincolndrive
Jun 30, 2007, 1:54 PM
exactly. The garage is going to get a screen that will have "vertical gold strips of metal and a silver like screen". I dont know the technical speak of this covering but it will be "classed up". Go look at the model for yourself.

It would be cool if they added a grass roof or some type of open public space for the residence on the top of the garage. A place to grill out or something. I don't suppose you saw this on the model huh?

alexpasch
Jun 30, 2007, 5:32 PM
I think since the garage tops out on the 6th floor (the amenities floor) that it's going to be like a patio for that floor...I don't think it's going to be grass though...probably some type of ceramic...either way should be able to have some sort of events/get togethers there

ChiSoxRox
Jun 30, 2007, 9:56 PM
Any new pics, Swinefeld, GarCastle, V.Z.? The last posted pictures are from the 24th, nearly a week (six days) ago. Also, about how often is a floor completed?

Another benefit of Murano, I think, is that it partially covers Commerce Square, which appears to me to be weathered and outdated for its age.

russbaseball
Jul 3, 2007, 12:28 AM
some shots from today

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n72/russbaseball/P1000592.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n72/russbaseball/P1000591.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n72/russbaseball/P1000586.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n72/russbaseball/P1000585.jpg

GarCastle
Jul 3, 2007, 1:27 AM
Murano starting to make its way into the skyline.

I am far:
http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/4265/dscn0423uk4.jpg

I am near:
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/9103/dscn0429qd2.jpg

That thar is a pretty serious light:
http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/3572/dscn0433mw1.jpg

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/8868/dscn0436fy4.jpg

http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/2889/dscn0441un8.jpg

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/2900/dscn0444hg4.jpg

blart
Jul 3, 2007, 2:00 PM
Great update pics.
I guess I'll have to reserve judgement until the whole project is finished, but so far that garage really bugs me. Doesn't look like it integrates with the design of the tower at all.

philliesphinest
Jul 3, 2007, 2:53 PM
:previous:

So far it looks like it belongs on a hospital.

skellergroup
Jul 3, 2007, 5:25 PM
How far up will this building go compared to it's surrounding buildings (IBX, Once Commerce Square)?

Does anybody have any photoshops pics to demonstrate, like the ones we've seen on Comcast Center?

It still appears pretty small (height wise), and I don't think that it has much more to go, right?

The rendering on the 1st page of this thread looks like it will have some real significance in the skyline, but I find it hard to believe.

Eitherway, it is simply a beautifull addition to the city.

Thoughts?

drgoogle
Jul 3, 2007, 5:43 PM
Another 16 floors plus the roof. I predict it should make it 4/5 the way up of commerce.

It still appears pretty small (height wise), and I don't think that it has much more to go, right?

FlyersFan118
Jul 3, 2007, 6:50 PM
http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/1618/1001510mediumxy8.jpg

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/2520/1001597mediumyf7.jpg

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/6757/1001511mediumax3.jpg

SouthPhilly
Jul 4, 2007, 6:17 PM
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n72/russbaseball/P1000585.jpg

I think they choose the design of the garage contrast the sparkling glass with the concrete. they also make the garage look as though it is not connected to the tower, so that the tower doesnt look as though it has a podium connected to it. The garage also makes me thing they will paint the entire building white. I will wait to judge this building on the whole until complete, but your shots make it look beautiful.

drgoogle
Jul 6, 2007, 12:51 AM
sales office confirmed the building will be painted white

The garage also makes me thing they will paint the entire building white. I will wait to judge this building on the whole until complete, but your shots make it look beautiful.

FlyersFan118
Jul 6, 2007, 2:42 AM
I actually don't mind the garage. I've seen much worse, I don't mind it at all.

slow-v6
Jul 6, 2007, 7:38 AM
sales office confirmed the building will be painted white

Thats going to be interesting.. Might look really good since it is sort of next to Peco's Black building!!

Ghost
Jul 6, 2007, 8:13 AM
I actually don't mind the garage. I've seen much worse, I don't mind it at all.
I agree! The actual building looks gorgeous.

skellergroup
Jul 6, 2007, 4:37 PM
Just wondering, did everybody expect the building to be painted white?
It will probably look great, but just seems like an interesting choice.

For some reason i figured it would be a greyish color.

Do you think it will resemble the St. James a bit when painted?

phillyskyline
Jul 6, 2007, 5:14 PM
From the renderings, I thought it was going to be white. I don't think it will look like the St. James bc the Murano is round & has some sexy curves to it!

skellergroup
Jul 6, 2007, 5:29 PM
From the renderings, I thought it was going to be white. I don't think it will look like the St. James bc the Murano is round & has some sexy curves to it!

Well, yeah, the curves are obviously different :)

I was just thinking the overall tone will really shine with the contrast of the dark windows and the white "skin" i guess.

I'm sure it will still be incredible. Just wondering if this news suprised anybody.

pentopaper50
Jul 6, 2007, 8:03 PM
I dunno know, guys. It would be a shame to put white paint over all that green glass.

brenster
Jul 7, 2007, 12:50 AM
i think the white will make the glass pop out more.. grey wouldn't have the same visual effect.

sjones
Jul 9, 2007, 2:31 PM
the ads for the building say its up to the 32nd floor already- not much more to go. Of course the penthouse will probably be 30ft tall with all the elevator and HVAC equipment. at the rate they are going the residential floors should be done in a couple months.

GarCastle
Jul 10, 2007, 1:59 AM
Pic from the Post Office from 5:30pm:
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/7389/dscn0455ja3.jpg

drgoogle
Jul 13, 2007, 3:52 PM
anyone know or can guess when closings will be?

SJPhillyBoy
Jul 13, 2007, 4:06 PM
anyone know or can guess when closings will be?

No, but you should ask a sales person and add about 4 months. That would give you a good idea.

CondoGuru
Jul 13, 2007, 4:09 PM
I do think the building could have been taller, I don't mind the garage since it's tucked up against JFK, I do think this is the most stunning looking building in the city, however my only criticism is in minor details that really annoy me...I really wish the balcony railings would have been glass as well. Aesthetically speaking, it would have complemented the flow of the glass wrapping around the building so elegantly. The wrought iron isn't so bad, but glass probably would have been too expensive. That's something relatively minor that I'm sure residents could get together and change if they want to in the future.

apetrella802
Jul 13, 2007, 4:41 PM
Glass Railings: the roof garden on top of the perelman theater at the Kimmel was originally designed with plexiglass railing topping an all glass fence around the perimeter. This was from an intellectual and aesthetic point of view the perfect design. BUT it made people feel unprotected and vulnerable. Ever since the Roman architect Vetruvius penned his famous principles of architecture one of these is that a building exhibit or commodity or be commodius. We would use the word suitable today. But however interesting and satisfying intellectually the glass railing might be it might also not convey a feeling of saftey which after all is just what a railing is all about.

CondoGuru
Jul 13, 2007, 6:28 PM
Glass Railings: the roof garden on top of the perelman theater at the Kimmel was originally designed with plexiglass railing topping an all glass fence around the perimeter. This was from an intellectual and aesthetic point of view the perfect design. BUT it made people feel unprotected and vulnerable. Ever since the Roman architect Vetruvius penned his famous principles of architecture one of these is that a building exhibit or commodity or be commodius. We would use the word suitable today. But however interesting and satisfying intellectually the glass railing might be it might also not convey a feeling of saftey which after all is just what a railing is all about.

my thoughts on that are if you're afraid to be on your balcony, don't use it! ;)

Swinefeld
Jul 15, 2007, 9:58 PM
Pixters for yo' azz... July 15.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e388/Swinefeld/New%20Constructon/Murano_July_15_04.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e388/Swinefeld/New%20Constructon/Murano_July_15_05.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e388/Swinefeld/New%20Constructon/Murano_July_15_06.jpg

The garage...
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e388/Swinefeld/New%20Constructon/MuranoGarage0624_01.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e388/Swinefeld/New%20Constructon/Murano_July_15_02.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e388/Swinefeld/New%20Constructon/Murano_July_15_03.jpg

PhillyRising
Jul 15, 2007, 11:42 PM
This is turning out better than I thought it would!

russbaseball
Jul 18, 2007, 1:30 PM
just a couple quick shots from yesterday nothin special

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n72/russbaseball/P1000694.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n72/russbaseball/P1000695.jpg

sciguy0504
Jul 18, 2007, 4:20 PM
I wish the garage had some ground-level retail.

McBane
Jul 18, 2007, 10:27 PM
[QUOTE=Swinefeld;2953848]
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e388/Swinefeld/New%20Constructon/Murano_July_15_02.jpg
QUOTE]

I hear you on that!

looper121
Jul 19, 2007, 12:30 AM

I would rather have more of that retail on market...directly across the street is the dock entrance for the Commerce Twins. IMO, it would be better for Trader Joe's to somehow have have an entrance on Market. Maybe they will now that they've lost some access from the street due to Murano...and some how get something going on across Market where those effing porn shops are. (pun intended)

JMininger
Jul 19, 2007, 12:48 AM

That is my only true objection to the garage. Not only did they skimp on retail on Market Street, but they have eliminated any possibility of street-level activity for the entire block. A garage is fine (and pretty much required) but with their approach, they might as well have built the thing on a 4 story windowless podium.

The building looks great and I'm sure that a lot of the owners will appreciate the privacy afforded by the dearth of retail on the 1st floor. Others would have been attracted to some level of safe street activity and the convenience of retail on the block. They could have had both IMO.

CondoGuru
Jul 19, 2007, 3:47 PM
I've heard rumors of either a BMW "Store" or an Apple Store going into that retail space. The sales office couldn't confirm anything since they aren't representing it. Anyone else have any more concrete information on this?

pentopaper50
Jul 19, 2007, 7:21 PM
I heard Kentucky Fried Kitchen and White Castle...kidding. Actually, there are rumors about Williams Sonoma. BMW and Apple are also great choices!!! Anything but another boring furniture store please.

philliesphinest
Jul 19, 2007, 9:12 PM
This may be just a rumor but I heard the porn shops from across the street will be making their new home in the Murano. LOL:jester:

bryson662001
Jul 19, 2007, 9:41 PM
I heard Kentucky Fried Kitchen and White Castle...

OMG......I should be so lucky. I don't think we have any White Castle left around here? OMG I would love a White castle.

TheMeltyMan
Jul 19, 2007, 10:01 PM
Eating white castle is masochistic. Their burgers literally ruined an entire weekend for me.

On topic, i'm more excited for this building to get completed than Comcast.

pentopaper50
Jul 20, 2007, 12:29 AM
I'm really curious if the Murano will have any special lighting. It would be nice if they did something with the crown.

russbaseball
Jul 20, 2007, 3:13 AM
a bunch of shots from yesterday

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n72/russbaseball/P1000760.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n72/russbaseball/P1000756.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n72/russbaseball/P1000754.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n72/russbaseball/P1000752.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n72/russbaseball/P1000751.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n72/russbaseball/P1000749.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n72/russbaseball/P1000745.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n72/russbaseball/P1000744.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n72/russbaseball/P1000743.jpg

pentopaper50
Jul 20, 2007, 4:26 PM
7 more floors and roof to go! Building should top out in September.

tower
Jul 21, 2007, 2:11 AM
for some reason murano seems to compliment the commerce twins so well that i actually like the commerce twins better now. commerce square bookending that end of the skyline awlays seemed incomplete for me

Johnland
Jul 21, 2007, 10:43 AM
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n72/russbaseball/P1000744.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n72/russbaseball/P1000743.jpg[/QUOTE]

That is one really nice building. I is definitely coming off as beautiful addition to the skyline. With those floor to ceiling glass walls, the units must be fantastic.

Seely32
Jul 21, 2007, 5:00 PM
I absolutely love this building. I wish there was a little more hype on this building its not that tall but this looks like a beautiful painting to me. I havent been in Philly since december I moved from SJ to Canada so all your guys updates are greatly appreciated.

Go Phils

BigDan35
Jul 21, 2007, 6:33 PM
So is it a fact that the concrete on this building will be painted white? Or was that just a rumor?

CondoGuru
Jul 21, 2007, 7:06 PM
So is it a fact that the concrete on this building will be painted white? Or was that just a rumor?

According to their sales staff, it will be painted the same color as the garage. So scroll back up and look at pics of the garage to get a sense of the color. Those pics make it look darker than it really is though, perhaps because of the dark skies and clouds. But I'm thinking maybe off-white, or whatever color any of you artistic types could name for this.

Swinefeld
Jul 23, 2007, 12:12 AM
July 22, 2007

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e388/Swinefeld/New%20Constructon/Murano_July22_01.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e388/Swinefeld/New%20Constructon/Murano_July22_02.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e388/Swinefeld/New%20Constructon/Murano_July22_03.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e388/Swinefeld/New%20Constructon/Murano_July22_04.jpg

KenSchwartz
Jul 24, 2007, 10:38 PM
Amazing looking structure for sure. My only wish is that it had done something, anything, with the JFK side of the garage. I'm not asking for street level (one floor up!) retail or majestic fountains, but even some distinguishing/differing archetecture that shows it at least recognizes that JFK is there would be nice.

Ah well. It's looking good fom my window.