HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted May 16, 2009, 4:51 AM

Washington, DC's *wonderful* Northwest neighborhoods (102 photos)

I was in Washington, DC this week for just under 58 hours. Fortunately I had the afternoon free on Wednesday to get out & see for myself what makes Northwest DC such a vibrant & pleasant place to live & play. While I was in DC, I actually stayed with a friend who lives just 2 blocks from Dupont Circle (on Massachusetts Avenue). The photo tour starts out in & around Dupont Circle, then proceeds up 18th St NW through Adams Morgan, then westward across the Calvert Street bridge into Woodley Park, then up Connecticut Avenue to Cleveland Park. From that point, I took the Metro up to Friendship Heights/Chevy Chase, MD before returning to Dupont Circle. From there, I headed east along P St NW to Logan Circle, then turned southwest down Rhode Island Ave to Scott Circle, and finally wrapped things up by heading northwest along Massachusetts Avenue back to my friend's apartment. I most definitely liked all of the areas I visited, but for me none of the neighborhoods quite measured up to Dupont Circle. It's basically just about anything & everything I could want in an urban neighborhood. Loved it, loved it, loved it. So anyway, here are my photos.

Beautiful building:

I *adored* this building... for me, the architecture/design of it was so attractive!

Cleveland Park Metro Station:

Friendship Heights Metro Station:

Back to Dupont Circle:

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos