Quote:
Originally Posted by Changing City
I have no idea what the heritage significance of the McConaghy House is, except that part of the heritage value would be that it's in its original context, while the Pendrell House wouldn't be, if it was located here. You could probably look in the minutes of the Heritage Commission. As the Pendrell House was 'saved' by a different developer to Block 1910 (presumably referencing the date of the McConaghy House), I assume whatever theoretical idea he had for saving Pendrell didn't work out.
|
I've driven by this area often and watched the project develop. The Row / Block 1910 design is actually not bad, and the Residence is a great addition to the street row, and next to it is the referenced McConaghy House, just a typical house for the area, also nicely restored. I had no idea the West End house was supposed to go there, and I don't see any space for it (unless it's the limited yard space next to the grey house). Considering the hype around the relocation of the West End house for the project in 2016, this is quite disappointing. The house on the corner looks neglected, perhaps it was the intended destination for the West End Pendrell house.
edited from Google