Quote:
Originally Posted by CES
I think he means that Edmontonians don't always make the best ambassadors. In all my travels, I've never met citizens so quick to run down their own city. I've never understood it.
Does Edmonton have its share of issues? Sure. Name me a city that doesn't. But it also has so much to offer in the way of urban greenspace, culture, cuisine, education, recreational amenities and overall quality of life. How can a city expect to attract "the best" when its own citizens treat it like a punchline?
|
maybe we pay more attention to our failures because that’s what’s most familiar to us?
we lost the fifa bid. instead of just sharing that publicly, why not share all of the good things that we’re in the bid book.
we didn’t make the shortlist for google’s second headquarters which was much publicized. why not share all of the good things that were in that tender (minus any confidential financial details)?
if we did things like that all the time, it would be a lot easier for edmontonians to be good individual and corporate ambassadors and salespeople.