Quote:
Originally Posted by J.OT13
Very few locals and probably close to no visitors (other than maybe watersports enthusiasts) probably even know of the place, so it's not a massive loss.
|
I do my best! I arranged for picnic lunches there for residents of nearby buildings two summers ago and last year used it as a meet up point for outdoor chats with my friends. In summer, there's always a breeze there so it is very pleasant even on super hot days. Last summer, I went with my husband, just for a break from the apartment and ended up running into a couple of neighbours so I was glad it was getting local use.
If you just want to sit by the water, it is a better choice than Westboro Beach. Closer parking to your sitting spot and less noise since the sound from the rapids do a good job of blocking the traffic.
It is a gem. And will remain so even after Zibi is built.
BTW: thanks to whoever posted the co-working space photos. I've been interested in finding some place nearish and that is a good possibility once I'm vaccinated (so for summer 2022.) I can transit there and walk back or vice versa.