HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #10  
Old Posted Dec 24, 2020, 4:37 AM
Architype's Avatar
Architype Architype is offline
♒︎ verified human
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 🍁 Canada
Posts: 14,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by someone123 View Post
Cowie Hill is shorter than Geizer Hill (around where the radio towers are in Clayton Park). Google Earth says the highest point on Geizer Hill is about 153 m, 502 feet.

I'm not sure many people would agree with you that a 500 foot hill doesn't even qualify as "hilly" but I guess it's arbitrary. For more concrete context this is what these areas look like. You can compare the buildings for scale:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/cw4jd1j.jpg
Source
Geezer Hill (sorry, I mean Geizer Hill) probably wasn't even developed when I was there so I didn't remember it, it would have been more of a backdrop to the city. That site says it's 492 ft., but the actual peak may be undeveloped as well. So, the term "hilly" would also depend on prominence and degree of slope rather than actual elevation, but Vancouver and Halifax are both coastal cities, where it begins at zero elevation. I still don't regard Halifax or Vancouver as "hilly", but in most coastal areas that aren't plains or deltas there is an area of prominent slope towards the ocean.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:32 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.