HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Business & the Economy


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #13841  
Old Posted Aug 6, 2019, 7:59 PM
officedweller officedweller is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 41,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by osirisboy View Post
Oh ok so it's a size issue. The way it was used sounded like they weren't good enough brand names. I didn't think they were building spaces for tenants that size
Yeah, I was thinking size for anchors.
Comparing to Toronto Premium Outlets which has a Saks Off 5th.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #13842  
Old Posted Aug 6, 2019, 8:03 PM
svlt svlt is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by osirisboy View Post
What's a "substantial" tenant?
Definitely not Jack and Jones, but the rest of the list seems fine for what this place is. It's still definitely nowhere near the premiere outlet shopping one would do at a major international destination like Hong Kong or Los Angeles, as swathes of luxury brands like Burberry, Prada, Gucci, Zegna, Balenciaga, Moncler etc. are missing, though I'm not sure some of those even have outlet stores. Cheapens a brand
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #13843  
Old Posted Aug 6, 2019, 8:26 PM
SpongeG's Avatar
SpongeG SpongeG is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 40,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by svlt View Post
Definitely not Jack and Jones, but the rest of the list seems fine for what this place is. It's still definitely nowhere near the premiere outlet shopping one would do at a major international destination like Hong Kong or Los Angeles, as swathes of luxury brands like Burberry, Prada, Gucci, Zegna, Balenciaga, Moncler etc. are missing, though I'm not sure some of those even have outlet stores. Cheapens a brand
Toronto has Gucci, Prada, Saint Laurent, Burberry etc.

Quote:
If you compare some of the stores Toronto has currently YVR is falling behind. We do have a lot of the same ones, though some of them are at Tsawwassen Mills

Some brands they have:
Burberry
Diesel
DKNY
Gucci
L'Occitaine
Mackage
Matt & Nat
Max Mara
Mont Blanc
Pajar
Prada
Saint Laurent
Saks Off Fifth
Scotch & Soda
The Kooples
Tory Burch
Versace
Zadig & Voltaire
__________________
belowitall
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #13844  
Old Posted Aug 7, 2019, 6:38 AM
SpongeG's Avatar
SpongeG SpongeG is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 40,121
there is a Miniso opening at Metrotown, it's on the lower level just near T&T.

The guess that closed down is moving/reopening near the American Eagle Outfitters section.

There is a new sneaker/streetwear store called the Lab on the lower level down by Hudsons Bay. The shoes are shrink wrapped and they carry some Supreme.

Oomomo is opening up in the old spot where TGIF was over by Winners/Homesense. Its also taking up the former spot where the Sweet Factory was.

2019-08-06_11-11-56 by snub_you, on Flickr
__________________
belowitall
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #13845  
Old Posted Aug 7, 2019, 12:46 PM
NewfBC NewfBC is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
there is a Miniso opening at Metrotown, it's on the lower level just near T&T.

The guess that closed down is moving/reopening near the American Eagle Outfitters section.

There is a new sneaker/streetwear store called the Lab on the lower level down by Hudsons Bay. The shoes are shrink wrapped and they carry some Supreme.

Oomomo is opening up in the old spot where TGIF was over by Winners/Homesense. Its also taking up the former spot where the Sweet Factory was.

2019-08-06_11-11-56 by snub_you, on Flickr
Finally! Something in the TGIF spot. Will bring some life to that corner for sure.

Ron.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #13846  
Old Posted Aug 7, 2019, 3:34 PM
jollyburger jollyburger is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 15,793
The Hermes signs have been covered up but just looking at it the West Georgia sign looks slightly smaller.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #13847  
Old Posted Aug 7, 2019, 4:01 PM
whatnext whatnext is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 28,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
there is a Miniso opening at Metrotown, it's on the lower level just near T&T.

The guess that closed down is moving/reopening near the American Eagle Outfitters section.

There is a new sneaker/streetwear store called the Lab on the lower level down by Hudsons Bay. The shoes are shrink wrapped and they carry some Supreme.

Oomomo is opening up in the old spot where TGIF was over by Winners/Homesense. Its also taking up the former spot where the Sweet Factory was.
i mthought Miniso went tits up?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #13848  
Old Posted Aug 7, 2019, 5:56 PM
SpongeG's Avatar
SpongeG SpongeG is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 40,121
No Miniso is still going. This bankruptcy sounds like a way to clean up the mess with the franchisees. They just opened some stores in Ontario. I have noticed some of the stores still have some non-Miniso merchandise on their shelves.

Also there is a new Japanese store recently opened in NEw West at Royal City Centre.

Quote:
EVERYDAY ITEMS JAPAN

Everyday Items Japan is a company who is developing a variety of Japanese products store in New Westminster BC. We are providing the joy of shopping by a wide range of products import from Japan to amazing convenient and top design items with affordable price.
Hopefully they bring the Marvel collection here, its been a huge hit in Asia for them.

• Video Link
__________________
belowitall
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #13849  
Old Posted Aug 8, 2019, 1:47 AM
SpongeG's Avatar
SpongeG SpongeG is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 40,121
Winners is opening in Willowbrook mall. I am going to assume it will go in the old Sears space that is being redeveloped or in the North end where I think Toys R Us used to be before moving. It seems they have changed their expansion plan since the demise of Sears and needing to redevelop that space rather than expanding. Anyone know or heard anything?
__________________
belowitall
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #13850  
Old Posted Aug 8, 2019, 2:38 AM
David's Avatar
David David is offline
David
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Vancouver Island, British Columbia
Posts: 1,453
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
Winners is opening in Willowbrook mall. I am going to assume it will go in the old Sears space that is being redeveloped or in the North end where I think Toys R Us used to be before moving. It seems they have changed their expansion plan since the demise of Sears and needing to redevelop that space rather than expanding. Anyone know or heard anything?
You're right! There's an update on the Willowbrook website.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #13851  
Old Posted Aug 8, 2019, 5:18 AM
zahav zahav is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,052
I can tell you that Matt & Nat, L'occitane, Tory Burch, and Versace are going to be part of McArthurGlen phase 2, just not part of the grand opening weekend. I will post the other tenants tomorrow as I have the latest plan, and there are more than just 9 new tenants...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #13852  
Old Posted Aug 8, 2019, 5:29 AM
Conrad Yablonski's Avatar
Conrad Yablonski Conrad Yablonski is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
....there is a new Japanese store recently opened in New West at Royal City Centre....
That mall is So Weird on all levels this fits right in.

In fairness there is Delicious Borscht to be found in the food court.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #13853  
Old Posted Aug 8, 2019, 8:45 PM
SpongeG's Avatar
SpongeG SpongeG is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 40,121
I was also at Big Bend in Burnaby, that place is mostly at least close to half empty. The Sport Chek is gone. The stores between the Starbucks and Nandos are all empty and the big space at the end by Pet Smart is empty. I was thinking maybe T&T opening in the old Sport Check might help revive it.

Then I was at Queensborough Landing, its also really hurting. An Old Navy Outlet has opened in the old HomeOutfitters space. It is also seemingly 50% empty. I think the Reebok outlet is closing down, from the outside it was looking like it was emptying out as they are opening at the YVR outlet mall soon and had some kind of final sale going on.

That walmart there took a hit once the Richmond Walmart opened, its not as crazy as it used ot be.
__________________
belowitall
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #13854  
Old Posted Aug 8, 2019, 8:55 PM
officedweller officedweller is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 41,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by zahav View Post
I can tell you that Matt & Nat, L'occitane, Tory Burch, and Versace are going to be part of McArthurGlen phase 2, just not part of the grand opening weekend. I will post the other tenants tomorrow as I have the latest plan, and there are more than just 9 new tenants...
Thanks!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #13855  
Old Posted Aug 8, 2019, 9:29 PM
cairnstone cairnstone is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
I was also at Big Bend in Burnaby, that place is mostly at least close to half empty. The Sport Chek is gone. The stores between the Starbucks and Nandos are all empty and the big space at the end by Pet Smart is empty. I was thinking maybe T&T opening in the old Sport Check might help revive it.

Then I was at Queensborough Landing, its also really hurting. An Old Navy Outlet has opened in the old HomeOutfitters space. It is also seemingly 50% empty. I think the Reebok outlet is closing down, from the outside it was looking like it was emptying out as they are opening at the YVR outlet mall soon and had some kind of final sale going on.

That walmart there took a hit once the Richmond Walmart opened, its not as crazy as it used ot be.
Both those outlet malls never amounted to much. I don't think queensbourgh landing was ever full. I know that Big bend was supposed to have a Rona or something big box store but it never was completed.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #13856  
Old Posted Aug 8, 2019, 9:30 PM
cairnstone cairnstone is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,026
Party City sold

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #13857  
Old Posted Aug 9, 2019, 7:24 PM
whatnext whatnext is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 28,053
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #13858  
Old Posted Aug 11, 2019, 4:39 AM
SpongeG's Avatar
SpongeG SpongeG is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 40,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by cairnstone View Post
Both those outlet malls never amounted to much. I don't think queensbourgh landing was ever full. I know that Big bend was supposed to have a Rona or something big box store but it never was completed.
It was full at one point but it did take a couple years to get there. So many of the stores closed or moved to the YVR outlet, like Armani Exchange, Roots, DC shoes just closed I don't know if they opened another location. Aeropostale left Canada and its spot sits empty.

I think Seafood city would be a good fit there, it's pretty well connected for the Lower Mainland, it would attract shoppers from Surrey, Richmond, New West, Burnaby etc, it's not too bad a drive.
__________________
belowitall
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #13859  
Old Posted Aug 12, 2019, 3:01 PM
osirisboy's Avatar
osirisboy osirisboy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 6,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by zahav View Post
I can tell you that Matt & Nat, L'occitane, Tory Burch, and Versace are going to be part of McArthurGlen phase 2, just not part of the grand opening weekend. I will post the other tenants tomorrow as I have the latest plan, and there are more than just 9 new tenants...
So who are the other tenants?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #13860  
Old Posted Aug 13, 2019, 5:51 AM
SpongeG's Avatar
SpongeG SpongeG is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 40,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
I meant a Keen store like SpongeG posted a picture of. I used to get them at The Shoe Company and more recently at SportChek (they're both at Metrotown). I know MEC carries them too. Which Winners have you seen them at???

Their webstore has a tickbox for 'orthotic friendly' so I'll usually check that if the listing doesn't say (SportChek says 'removable footbed').
I was at the Winners/Homesense in the Rise on Cmabie on friday and they had loads of Keen shoes/hikers around $59.99

That's the store I have usually seen them. I went to the Park Royal later that day and saw none, but they did have a lot of Lacoste shoes there which I haven't really come across at a winners before.
__________________
belowitall
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Business & the Economy
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:05 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.