HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Old Posted May 12, 2019, 6:42 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryk View Post
They have price now. $1700 for one bedroom...

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/bnc...882733843.html
For $1,700/month you can rent a 539sqft 1-bedroom condo on 5th floor facing Willingdon. Move in date for rental units will be Oct. 1st, 2019.

Old Posted May 12, 2019, 7:09 AM
retro_orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilmoreStation View Post
For $1,700/month you can rent a 539sqft 1-bedroom condo on 5th floor facing Willingdon. Move in date for rental units will be Oct. 1st, 2019.

If you're gonna come up with a comeback at least use a different floor. Price being equal to the square footage is strange too. Seriously who pays you?

From the Gilmore station thread earlier today:
Quote:
Originally Posted by giallo View Post
$539,000 for a shoebox on the 5th floor. What millennial is going to buy this?
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...&postcount=744

Old Posted May 12, 2019, 7:18 PM

October

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilmoreStation View Post
It says summer in that rental poster. The question right now is how confident are they in getting people moving in the summer (july) versus the autumn (october)?

Old Posted May 13, 2019, 4:53 AM

Summer goes till sept 22

Old Posted May 13, 2019, 7:26 PM

Thanks for the pic.
Looks like some nice interior spaces in there.

Old Posted May 14, 2019, 6:35 AM

The new trees that they have added look really nice, sort of bonsaiesque. Also the sign on the fence says Openings start in 2019. Nothing more specific. Doesn't seem like they will have a big opening.

Old Posted May 14, 2019, 6:57 AM

Winter completion?

Has anyone ever had a high rise building that finished in the winter? I also wonder if they would make people move in the cold/rain/snow.

Old Posted May 14, 2019, 8:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevindemi View Post
Has anyone ever had a high rise building that finished in the winter? I also wonder if they would make people move in the cold/rain/snow.
People do, in fact, move in the winter.

If you don't want to move in the winter, you don't have to. I imagine that you'll be stuck paying for the place upon completion, but there's no onus upon you to move in immediately.

Old Posted May 14, 2019, 3:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeCee View Post
People do, in fact, move in the winter.

If you don't want to move in the winter, you don't have to. I imagine that you'll be stuck paying for the place upon completion, but there's no onus upon you to move in immediately.
Well, i get that ppl do move and a person would have an option to either do it or not but what i want to gain a sense for is how often developers are considerate of their buyers and get their projects done in seasons with good weather. It could inform their buying decision in the future. Ex. 9/10 times their buildings finished in winter vs another company who 9/10 times got their customers moving in the spring.

Old Posted May 14, 2019, 5:02 PM
Ferris Wheel Hater

Developers don't care about that. They want to complete as quickly as possible. What benefit would there be for a developer who happens to finish the project in say Late October to put off closing until spring time and get stuck with carrying costs for an additional several months. The building will have loading docks most likely in the parkade I really don't see the issue with moving over winter. Not like it couldn't rain on any given day in warmer months.

Old Posted May 14, 2019, 9:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevindemi View Post
They only allow people to move in on nice hot sunny days lol come on they don't care if you have to move in on a snow day.

Old Posted May 15, 2019, 4:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlousa View Post
Developers don't care about that. They want to complete as quickly as possible. What benefit would there be for a developer who happens to finish the project in say Late October to put off closing until spring time and get stuck with carrying costs for an additional several months. The building will have loading docks most likely in the parkade I really don't see the issue with moving over winter. Not like it couldn't rain on any given day in warmer months.
Maybe SHAPE has grown allergic to money?

Old Posted May 16, 2019, 9:46 PM

By City of Rain May 4th:

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Of Rain, post: 1449093, member: 70034
IMG_0018 by Hung Lam, on Flickr
IMG_0185 by Hung Lam, on Flickr
IMG_0188 by Hung Lam, on Flickr
IMG_0190 by Hung Lam, on Flickr
IMG_0192 by Hung Lam, on Flickr
IMG_0194 by Hung Lam, on Flickr
IMG_0196 by Hung Lam, on Flickr
IMG_0200 by Hung Lam, on Flickr
IMG_0203 by Hung Lam, on Flickr

To be continued....

Old Posted May 17, 2019, 2:57 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

În pictures three and four from the top, the streetscaping is very nice. There is mid-level lighting, somthing I'd love to see throughout downtown Vancouver, throughout the CBD.

Old Posted May 17, 2019, 3:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trofirhen View Post
În pictures three and four from the top, the streetscaping is very nice. There is mid-level lighting, somthing I'd love to see throughout downtown Vancouver, throughout the CBD.
I also like those seating areas alone Willingdon.... very thoughtful. Don't think I see such thoughtfulness in other major developments.

Old Posted May 17, 2019, 4:05 AM

Overhang over the elevators looks like an after thought. Could be finished a bit better. At least cover up the junction boxes and wires

Old Posted May 17, 2019, 4:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarBreStr18 View Post
I also like those seating areas alone Willingdon.... very thoughtful. Don't think I see such thoughtfulness in other major developments.
I think the city requested it. They have the same for solo and the new four seasons near holdom. Also by the Audi at boundary and lougheed

Old Posted May 17, 2019, 5:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarBreStr18 View Post
It's city policy, part of their 2015 Public Realm Standards for Town Centre Streets. Every 6-lane town centre street is supposed to get it.

I don't think it was standard for the Audie dealership; maybe they negotiated that with the dealer. I'm guessing it means they aim to build a bike corridor along Lougheed.

There's a terrible implementation in front of Porte along Dawson, where the chairs are right up against and facing street traffic. No-one's going to sit there, but they were installed anwyway. Someone's brain was switched off when that got done.

(Dawson, btw, was made an exception; the bike route is to go along Skyline instead of being integrated with the sidewalk.)

Old Posted May 17, 2019, 6:51 PM

The worst is Pacific Centre mall. They are removing the spacious sitting/waiting area at the glass dome to squeeze foot traffic into a narrow hallway for that proposed, presumably Apple store. That's a really bad move.

Old Posted May 18, 2019, 1:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin View Post
The worst is Pacific Centre mall. They are removing the spacious sitting/waiting area at the glass dome to squeeze foot traffic into a narrow hallway for that proposed, presumably Apple store. That's a really bad move.
This has nothing to do with Amazing Brentwood or even the same municipality.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley