Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpg_Guy
It will be official when the city allocates funds for it in the city budget otherwise it’s still just a proposal. The Winnipeg Foundation is encouraging the city to fund the bridge sooner rather than later and has offered up a donation of 5M.
|
The $5 million would be contributed to the bridge and the restoration/repair of the Carnegie Library to house the archives.. the two projects have a combined price tag of $25 million, but I don't know how much each is individually. I'm not sure if the Winnipeg Foundation would give money to one and not the other if the city decided to only proceed with one of the projects.
In terms of bridges over the Red River (whether St. Vital/U of M or Old St V/Riverview) I imagine it would cost in excess of $20 million. For reference, the Disraeli AT bridge cost $16.5 million, but it was only that low because the piers from the old bridge were reused. The city does have plans for a bridge from St. Vital to the U of M but it is very (with emphasis on very) low priority.