Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeFadesAway
Thanks for the info. You are correct, it's owned by the Stevenson Group (a Chipman company). A quick search of the Free Press archive shows that in 2010 and 2011 they were talking about redeveloping it, but nothing seems to have come to fruition yet. I wonder if they will sell it to Edison or co-develop a parking structure there for 185 Smith.
|
I suspect that site is probably more valuable a redevelopment site now than it was in 2010... the social issues associated with 185 Smith probably scared a lot of potential tenants away, but that won't be an issue anymore. Now that block of Smith has two nicely renovated apartment towers with a third on the way, and the location is pretty good... just a stone's throw from the SHED and all the stuff in there.
But that said, I would think there is fairly pent-up demand around there for parking what with all the cops and their cars, as well as the incoming residents of 185 Smith. At some point there likely will be a parkade going up around there.
I wonder if something similar to Rupertsland Square (aka 444 St. Mary) might be in the cards? Something along the lines of one small or mid sized tower (either residential or office) along with a fairly substantial parkade.