Quote:
Originally Posted by trueviking
If they wanted to do that they probably would have bought a parking lot at 1/4 the price and avoided millions in demo cost.
|
Completely agree. I was just wondering what desire anyone other than the property owner could have to keep this instead of something new, since they'd never pay 16M to have a parking lot either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Strong
It would be a big waste.
The city is full of former dumps - apartment blocks, office buildings and warehouses - that have been turned into good apartments and condos.
|
True.
Some would argue this is a more ambitious undertaking. I'm all for converting this to desirable or at least rentable apartments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by peg
I agree, it isn't the nicest building, however, demolishing a high-rise and building a new one is a huge waste of resources and is bad from an environmental standpoint. If the building was unsafe or in need of demolition it would make sense, but why tear down a perfectly good building that can be reused when there is a sea of parking lots waiting to be developed. I do hope that they improve the overall look of the building lol
|
If, and only if, replacing this highrise with another was the scenario, I'd take the new one any day. This thing is likely a huge environmental nuisance as is anyway, as new construction is far more efficient.
But I'm happy this will be re-freshed. I was just asking the fun questions