Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf13
Cutting is GOOD.
The reliance on government is too big here.
Yes, I hope he picks the right times to spend when it's beneficial, but on this board and in this city there just seems to be a bigger "why isn't daddy warbucks spending money" complex than other cities. Only one problem... we have less money.
I hope he picks his times to inject cash, but it's beyond naive to say "all he knows how to do is cut" when we ACTUALLY NEED CUTS. And remember, he got super rich in financial services, so "allegedly" he knows something about the marketplace.
|
Wow, I can't believe you are making the big mistake that because he's a successful businessman he must know to run the economy. That's nonsense. The Government is, as others have pointed out, not a business. The US is being run by a billionaire businessman right now and we can see how great that's going. Also, the article I attached talks about the Business Council of Manitoba, which must be filled with businessmen, bemoaning Pallister's approach. My additional point was that, when you can leverage federal cash for the province by a matching grant, it only makes sense to do it. It generates economic activity for a smaller investment on the province's behalf.