Quote:
Originally Posted by ajiuO
Well that's unfortunate. That motel has horrible street engagement. I would like to see it go right on the corner. I really dislike having small fast food building taking up full corners in the down town area. Crown burger, and Carl's Jr. are other examples of this.
I'm much less excited about this if it's just going to be the same footprint as the motel... however it is one less north temple motel. Only one more on the east side of the overpass to go... still a bunch on the west side though.
|
Yes technically there is still another "Motel" on N. Temple, east of I-80, so I'm guessing it's just the thought of old motels you don't like or is it actually each individual motel and the activities that go on there that you don't like? The reason I am clarifying is that I have never really looked at the motel on 300 W and N. Temple in the same category as the motels west of I-15, and I believe the other motel, between W. Temple and 200 W, is used for couple missionaries to stay in. So if it's just motels in general that you don't like I get it, but if it is the reputation and "use" of the motels then you are simply lumping all of them together based on location and design, as being a place were poor people live and hookers do their thing.
I for one would rather the last little motel stay as it is, rather than be torn down for more parking, which is what I would guess would be the interim use if it were to be torn down.