Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba
It won't be condo towers fronting Kingsway - it'll be like where Best Buy used to be. There'll be a retail podium facing Kingsway and the condo entrance would be on Hazel St.
Old Orchard - haven't heard anything yet but it's a given
Esso - I'm pretty sure that's where they want to put the event / convention centre
Metropolis - the slow moving Sear redevelopment
I would love for the Target space to be rebuilt into something other than basic retail. It's odd that we haven't heard anything yet when most / all of the other nearby Target locations have already reopened as something else (usually Walmart).
|
Given that the space is too small for a Walmart (or say, a Costco), and that finding anchor tenants of that size is never an easy task, it wouldn't surprise me to see that space sitting idle and empty for quite a while yet.
In fact I'm willing to bet that the old Best Buy space on Kingsway and probably the old Staples location, get new tenants before that Target space gets filled.
I think the mall would be better served breaking it up into smaller lots and finding smaller tenants than hoping for an anchor tenant.
It might even open up an opportunity to completely revamp and redevelop that whole Central boulevard side of the mall, east of the office towers to go along with all the redevelopment of the towers and Skytrain station that's already happening on the other side of the street.