The fact is that they were the largest single donor to the theater, not that they were the majority donor. That's simply how naming rights work these days.
I don't know jtrent, I think you might be incorrect as each and every time I refer to the convention center I refer to it as the Calvin L. Rampton Salt Palace Convention Center, and the arena at the U, I always call the John M. Hunstman Center, I never even knew ESA was a think because of course I always called it by its proper name Energy Solutions Arena, nobody in Cleveland has ever referred to Quicken Loans Arena as The Q, and how dare anyone call the Real Salt Lake RSL or that they play in the RIOT.
I am kidding of course, every city has facility after facility that has longer names because those are the people and companies that were the larger donors. And don't forget how stupid everyone thought the E Center was when it didn't have a corporate naming sponsor.