HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #3041  
Old Posted Jun 15, 2016, 7:11 PM
feepa's Avatar
feepa feepa is offline
Change is good
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,564
wow - over 3000 now. I bet we hit 5000 before the day is done.
     
     
  #3042  
Old Posted Jun 15, 2016, 7:26 PM
ScottieA's Avatar
ScottieA ScottieA is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 366
It's a great site and tool for knowledge about various things, it's no surprise that people want it to stay. Also, I wonder how many are going through withdrawal because of it's absence lol
     
     
  #3043  
Old Posted Jun 15, 2016, 7:44 PM
feepa's Avatar
feepa feepa is offline
Change is good
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,564
^ I've developed a twitch at work already... It's my go-to site while waiting for processes to complete, or a server to reboot, etc... or needed a quick break from what ever work related thing I'm doing...

It's not quite solved with reddit.com/r/edmonton and SSP... those were always backups when I couldn't find much to troll on c2e.
     
     
  #3044  
Old Posted Jun 15, 2016, 8:07 PM
Black Star Black Star is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 7,259
C2E has its place, hope they figure it out. But I'm a fan of this place. More of a civil sense going on with SSP. And we have a couple referees
     
     
  #3045  
Old Posted Jun 15, 2016, 8:12 PM
seamusmcduff seamusmcduff is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 666
I just like how there's a separate thread per topic on C2E, easier to follow. There's separate threads here, but only two really get used. The General Construction Thread and the Photo Thread.
     
     
  #3046  
Old Posted Jun 15, 2016, 9:16 PM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is online now
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,134
Breaking news!!!!

Productivity in the Edmonton Region spikes!

That is all.
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
     
     
  #3047  
Old Posted Jun 15, 2016, 9:24 PM
GreenSPACE's Avatar
GreenSPACE GreenSPACE is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 1,865
I don't understand what RichardS doesn't relinquish control of the site to someone else, or a group of users. If he doesn't accept help and wants to continue to control the site, how can people help? Ideally a non-profit group or organization would back it.

On that note, some great support online. Someone just donated $750!
__________________
"A great city is not to be confounded with a populous one." - Aristotle
     
     
  #3048  
Old Posted Jun 15, 2016, 9:42 PM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is online now
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,134
Ok 'passionistas', if you want to share your views on the DC1 rezoning north of the arena (surface parking for 10 yrs), it is Monday June 20 at 630pm. Edmonton Chinese Baptist Church, 11112-109 AvenueNW.
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
     
     
  #3049  
Old Posted Jun 15, 2016, 10:29 PM
Skyisnolimit's Avatar
Skyisnolimit Skyisnolimit is offline
Love skyscrapers
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: edmonton
Posts: 232
I don't post on c2e or even registered on it but I do lurk there everyday always wondered why there was not a donate button on the site. More then happy to donate 100$ to the cause . It will really 🞵🞵🞵🞵 if it does not come back.
     
     
  #3050  
Old Posted Jun 15, 2016, 10:49 PM
the.tru.albertan the.tru.albertan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 197
I was wondering if there would be talk of C2E on this forum. I'm a little bummed that site is going the way it is. There were some good discussions there. I really hope it comes back.
     
     
  #3051  
Old Posted Jun 15, 2016, 11:10 PM
Boris2k7's Avatar
Boris2k7 Boris2k7 is offline
Majestic
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Calgary
Posts: 11,960
Watching some steel go up at Stantec. Also some machinery still picking away at Greyhound next door.
__________________
"The only thing that gets me through our winters is the knowledge that they're the only thing keeping us free of giant ass spiders." -MonkeyRonin

Flickr
     
     
  #3052  
Old Posted Jun 16, 2016, 1:20 AM
Rogie's Avatar
Rogie Rogie is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 433
Not sure where to place this since it's arts-related:

A prominent Edmonton family is paying for a life-sized statue of the main SCTV characters to be sculpted and cast by a city artist, and unveiled in the next couple of years, likely downtown.
     
     
  #3053  
Old Posted Jun 16, 2016, 1:40 AM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is online now
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,134
... a lard, can't wait for the rendering. (top Dawg tribute).
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
     
     
  #3054  
Old Posted Jun 16, 2016, 3:01 AM
christopherj christopherj is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopherj View Post
So what's the deal with the writing on the McLeod Building? You can see it on the top half of the building on the north side of it. Whoever is doing it is slowly adding a few letters in white to it each day.

I've got a picture on my phone if there is a good place I can upload it?
Okay - here it is. They've been added a few letters each day for the past week or so?

     
     
  #3055  
Old Posted Jun 16, 2016, 3:04 AM
christopherj christopherj is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumbones2 View Post
Anonymous donor . But... Is Richard even interested in continuing with the C2E? I think he is very tired of it and someone with tech savy will need to help and take it over if this is possible. Correct?
I was wondering that - if he is actually interested? I'll gladly donate (on an annual basis) if he is - but it seemed like maybe he lost some passion?
     
     
  #3056  
Old Posted Jun 16, 2016, 3:09 AM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is online now
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,134
That ain't the McLeod...
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
     
     
  #3057  
Old Posted Jun 16, 2016, 3:09 AM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is online now
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopherj View Post
I was wondering that - if he is actually interested? I'll gladly donate (on an annual basis) if he is - but it seemed like maybe he lost some passion?
I will chat with him, .
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
     
     
  #3058  
Old Posted Jun 16, 2016, 3:15 AM
christopherj christopherj is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
That ain't the McLeod...
Opps... sorry, I was trying to figure from google maps what building it might have been. Same question then - just with whatever name the building is.
     
     
  #3059  
Old Posted Jun 16, 2016, 5:02 AM
StopDropandLOL StopDropandLOL is offline
...automatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
I will chat with him, .
Wouldn't be the first forum that I've paid to post on. But with C2E, it's definitely worth it.
     
     
  #3060  
Old Posted Jun 16, 2016, 1:54 PM
hilman's Avatar
hilman hilman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,763
^ Agreed, C2E should really have ads and/or a donate/subscription option to help offset some of the costs.
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:44 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.