HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #3021  
Old Posted Jun 15, 2016, 2:18 PM
feepa's Avatar
feepa feepa is offline
Change is good
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
^it will come back, I have faith. Just needs to update and reinvent a little.

Consider donating to the cause as Richard has been essentially funding it himself. (Thanks Hilly!)

https://www.gofundme.com/29jkm6z8
I've donated! Now reached the 100% of its goal. Lets see if we can double or triple that. I know that 1000$ barely even scratches the surface of the cost Richard has put in this site.
     
     
  #3022  
Old Posted Jun 15, 2016, 2:19 PM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is offline
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,142
Saw that, thanks Matt, exceptionally generous of you and yes... 2-3k would be a nice number.
     
     
  #3023  
Old Posted Jun 15, 2016, 2:24 PM
feepa's Avatar
feepa feepa is offline
Change is good
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,564
C2E has been a big part of my life for over a decade. That donation is small considering the amount of hours I've wasted on that site, at work, at home, on my mobile device. Pennies per hour really. I've had bar tabs bigger then this... probably spent more on a stupid pay-to-win style video game.

Despite all of our butting heads, the site is great place to 'connect' with other Edmontonians and engage in lively debate. I'll be very sad if it doesn't come back in some form or another. In the end, we all want to see and discuss, argue, bicker, joke about what's best for Edmonton... and that's what makes the site so great. (Even if my opinion is more correct than yours).

edit: Maybe the DECL can post something on their facebook page about the gofundme?
     
     
  #3024  
Old Posted Jun 15, 2016, 2:34 PM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is offline
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,142
^ha

I have passed the campaign on to more than a few...
     
     
  #3025  
Old Posted Jun 15, 2016, 3:37 PM
Hallsy's Toupee's Avatar
Hallsy's Toupee Hallsy's Toupee is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 6,895
I have a gofundme question:
I put in my C2E name in the first page. On the 2nd page for the credit card info it fills in the name from the first page. Can I still use the C2E name instead of my real name on the 2nd page, or will the credit card company reject it?
     
     
  #3026  
Old Posted Jun 15, 2016, 3:41 PM
hilman's Avatar
hilman hilman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallsy's Toupee View Post
I have a gofundme question:
I put in my C2E name in the first page. On the 2nd page for the credit card info it fills in the name from the first page. Can I still use the C2E name instead of my real name on the 2nd page, or will the credit card company reject it?
I used my C2E name on the first and real name on the second page.
     
     
  #3027  
Old Posted Jun 15, 2016, 4:29 PM
Hallsy's Toupee's Avatar
Hallsy's Toupee Hallsy's Toupee is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 6,895
Thanks, hilly - I've now chipped in
     
     
  #3028  
Old Posted Jun 15, 2016, 4:40 PM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is offline
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,142
Congrats buddy, drinks on me Friday


---
Michael Zabinski’s Ambitious Work Now Garnering National Attention

Congratulations are once again in order for Michael Zabinski, who won an award in the category of Student Projects at the recent 2016 National Urban Design Awards.
The award comes in recognition of Michael’s Regenerating Rossdale plan, which aims to develop Edmonton’s Rossdale power plant into a recreational and community space. His concepts for revitalizing and repurposing the plant served as his Masters thesis in early 2014, and over two years later, Michael’s work is clearly still making waves.

http://www.dialogdesign.ca/open-dialog/m...s-work-now-garnering-national-attention/
     
     
  #3029  
Old Posted Jun 15, 2016, 4:54 PM
seamusmcduff seamusmcduff is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 670
^What are the chances that comes to fruition? It really is a great idea.
     
     
  #3030  
Old Posted Jun 15, 2016, 4:56 PM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is offline
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,142
Rossdale will happen... but will it be us working on it or our kids?
     
     
  #3031  
Old Posted Jun 15, 2016, 5:49 PM
hilman's Avatar
hilman hilman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,763
     
     
  #3032  
Old Posted Jun 15, 2016, 6:07 PM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is offline
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,142
She is turning out to be a beauty.
     
     
  #3033  
Old Posted Jun 15, 2016, 6:11 PM
B.ike's Avatar
B.ike B.ike is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 308
Part of the C2E exodus boat. Hope the site can get back onto it's legs...threw in some change for good measure

In the meantime, I'll come to SSP to get my development kicks. Thanks guys.
     
     
  #3034  
Old Posted Jun 15, 2016, 6:21 PM
seamusmcduff seamusmcduff is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 670
I've noticed with Stantec, they're pouring for every level of where I assume the elevators will be going. Can someone explain?
     
     
  #3035  
Old Posted Jun 15, 2016, 6:40 PM
240glt's Avatar
240glt 240glt is offline
HVAC guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: YEG -> -> -> Nelson BC
Posts: 11,297
So C2E finally bit the dust huh. Oh well.


I see the city has started to set up a Municipal development corporation. They said they'll focus primarily in five or six areas of the city. I wonder where those areas well be ?
     
     
  #3036  
Old Posted Jun 15, 2016, 6:44 PM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is offline
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,142
^not quite... and maybe this will provide some resolve to be more constructive.
     
     
  #3037  
Old Posted Jun 15, 2016, 6:48 PM
240glt's Avatar
240glt 240glt is offline
HVAC guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: YEG -> -> -> Nelson BC
Posts: 11,297
Hopefully, if they do get it going again, you heed some of that advise yourself

Myself, I'm done with it permanently. There are so many more important things in life

Feel bad for Rich though. The last time we had coffee a year or so ago he was expressing frustration and was considering shutting it down then
     
     
  #3038  
Old Posted Jun 15, 2016, 6:49 PM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is offline
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,142
*Moves to the Currents of Windermere, walks to new local bistro BPs.
     
     
  #3039  
Old Posted Jun 15, 2016, 7:05 PM
feepa's Avatar
feepa feepa is offline
Change is good
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,564
^ trolling ensues.
     
     
  #3040  
Old Posted Jun 15, 2016, 7:05 PM
Drumbones2 Drumbones2 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Edmonton Area
Posts: 239
Anonymous donor . But... Is Richard even interested in continuing with the C2E? I think he is very tired of it and someone with tech savy will need to help and take it over if this is possible. Correct?
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:27 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.