Quote:
Originally Posted by rokim99
Wow this buidling is so close to the skytrain tracks... Will noise be a concern for this building ? The reason I ask this ... is because I have friends that live In park place (near king george)... and they say they can still hear the noise.thoughts?
|
Also the canopy they placed above the tracks for the span of the building with wood panels should help soften the noise.
For SkyTrain though the major noise comes from the Mark Is accelerating and from track switching. The track switching is the loudest and having lived in Park Place, that's the noise you typically can pick out at night.
There is no track switching at Surrey Central (or at least rarely) so I think it will be less of an issue. The most noisy in towers are emergency vehicles anyway. You hear every single one especially close to King George Station since it is so close to the Hospital and Fraser Highway is a major Fire Truck route.