I've been waiting for Surrey City's 5-year capital financial plan. Finally it's posted
2016-2020
http://www.surrey.ca/bylawsandcouncillibrary/CR_2016-F002.pdf
Interesting things to note (last page of the document)
Quote:
Ranked Projects
Buildings
Performing Arts Space 250 500 10,000 - -
YMCA Partnership - - - 20,000 -
3.3.8 Performing Arts Space Feasibility and Land Acquisition
To further complement the existing Surrey Arts Centre’s 400 seat theatre and City Hall’s Centre Stage 200 seat theatre, a new performing arts space is planned in the City. Given the City’s growth and large geographic, there is demand for an additional performing arts space. This budget will support critical land acquisition. This is a multi-year project that is estimated to cost $10.7 million
|
The performance arts was not even mentioned on the
2015-2019 capital financial plan, so I thought the city had abandoned the plan entirely. I am glad the item is back on the table.
And 20m budget for YMCA!!! Cross referencing to YMCA's website
http://www.vanymca.org/centres/surreyfamilyYMCA.html
This whole thing sounds pretty promising