Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissy
Thanks I didn't know the two developments shared a parkade. I personally like the area south of king ed to remain residential. It has a really pleasant leafy residential feel to it. Adding retail IMO detracts from the character of the neighbourhood. I prefer to concentrate retail north of king ed.
|
Technically it's just the parking ramp that is shared. The whole block consisted of 4 lots. The southernmost 3 were consolidated into one development which 'orphaned' the corner lot at king ed and cambie. My understanding is that because it is difficult and impractical for a single lot to incorporate a parking ramp for its eventual future redevelopment, the city imposes upon the developer of adjacent development to incorporate a provisional access to the single lot from their own parking ramp. In other words, the parking ramp is shared between the two developments but the parking areas are separated.