Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket252
Got to love you romantic types and your football weather.
Well I have been going to outdoor games for a long time and am tired of freezing my junk off watching the games.
Commonwealth is a great stadium if it was situated in Florida or California but this is the great White North Folks and I am certainly not proud - I will take a retractable roofed stadium any day. Its a different world now and people don't want to freeze out there. Calgary is taking the right step and you will see a growing pressure here once their stadium gets built to move in the same direction.
|
I remember attending half a game in frigid blowing snow once. Never again.
The only way we'll get a dome is by hosting some kind of big-time international event with support from three levels of government. And if a dome significantly increases stadium usage by effectively doubling the operational period, it may well be worth it.
But for anyone to suggest that the Esks would lose more bums in the seats than gain due to a roof seems ... ill conceived.
The big advantage that Calgary's proposal has is that their new stadium is likely to be set up with variable-configuration stands closer to the field.