Quote:
Originally Posted by yyc_engineer
Amazing how strong our service to London is. And not just Heathrow, but Gatwick and London International as well!
Here's a fun chart showing service from major Western North American cities from this past Saturday to London(s).
YYC definitely punches above it's weight!

|
I understand this is a fun chart and all......but.....I'm a stickler for accuracy and precision.....so....
First of all , there is no such aircraft as a B774. I know you meant B747, but that's why people proof read before posting.
Second, why on earth is London, Ontario, included in this analysis ?
Third, as already mentioned, BA's 767s carry only 189 seats and YVR-LHR on AC is 458 seats.
So, if we remove the numbers for YXU (which have nothing to do with the other flights), and correct AC/BA seats, that lowers YYC's numbers to 1010 and increases YVR's to 1148.
Also, as Johnnie Aussie says a comparison for saturday service only is not accurate. A weekly comparison paints the whole picture, and the gap widens even more between YVR and YYC, as AC852, the second flight from YYC to LHR only operates 4 times weekly, TS on YYC-LGW is only 2 weekly for now (and originates in YVR btw), whereas YVR-LGW is 5 weekly. Not to mention that BA increases LHR-YVR during the summer to 12 weekly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyeg66
Yeah, I talked to Kestrel thirty-eight foxtrot on departure, and I admit to thinking exactly the same thing regarding the end of an era. Great pilots, btw, always 100% professional and attentive. Brits kinda set the standard there. Anyways, we'll see what the future holds in store, if WS can place those 67's on the right routes. With a little slump in Alberta flying, I hope they can pull it off without talking too much of a hit. 
|
Their initial calls are kind of annoying. When they used to fly to YOW it was always....."Ottawa approach, good evening, this is Kestrel 87K, Boeing seven five seven two hundred, with information Foxtrot, inbound THURO 8 arrival for runway 25, descending altitude 8000, reducing to 250 kts."
And there goes my guy through the LOC.....
yes, we know mate, this isn't Africa, i have your f/p info......!
I know what you are, where you are, at what altitude you were cleared to and at what speed.....quit blabbering on and on !
Plus they used to always reduce to less than 200 kts 20-25 miles out. Again, Kind of annoying ! I'll take a WS 767 over a Thomas Cook 757 anyday !
thenoflyzone