Quote:
Originally Posted by yyc_engineer
Press release talks about labour disputes - any truth to this or just a cover for them not wanting to start service?
Edit: read some more on the issue, seems there are legit labour issues with the unions. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.
|
Yes, I never doubted this is the root cause. However, just like UA and its cuts... KLM has plenty of cost/profit software at its disposal that spits out what can be cut with the lowest impact on their bottom line. They wouldn't be cutting high yielding flights. I reckon Toronto cuts are assisted by the fact there is more than one flight per day on most days.
How long this goes on is anybody's guess. KLM has stated publicly it is on hold indefinitely but first flight showing as 19 May (as is indicated on airlineroute.net). I would expect the route will be cut in periods of two weeks ongoing until this is resolved.