HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Feb 16, 2015, 3:47 PM
WarrenC12's Avatar
WarrenC12 WarrenC12 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: East OV!
Posts: 24,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by vancouver604 View Post
Hi there, thanks, I walk by the area everyday on my way to work and I've seen them lay those pre-fab pieces down. If you look on the side of the floors you will see what almost looks like a handle, on top of it is wood, then they do a concrete pour. It's not really as good as in other developments where it's solid concrete, if you walk down the street to the one you will notice it's all solid concrete. I'm hoping Onni didn't try to sell people on it being all solid concrete when it's actually not. I'm sure it looks nice but there will be noise between the floors if it's not solid concrete.
I'll have to take a closer look, thanks. It was sold as concrete of course, but I'll reserve judgment for now. I've been in a few modern wood buildings that have great sound insulation. It's also a myth that you'll never hear your neighbours in concrete. It depends more on the people than the construction IMO.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:35 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.