Posted Feb 12, 2015, 2:28 AM
|
|
Registered User
|
|
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,051
|
|
After living in two different European cities over the past 3 years and now in a western Canadian one... I have taken alot of the comments here into context.
1) Its sad that public transportation is still so poor in Halifax... maybe people who drive cars should be made to feel some financial pain.
2) Standing is normal... but, frequencies are far too low in Halifax. This contributes to more standing on frequent routes.
Ultimately, its a sad state of affairs in Halifax public transportation. Don't lie to yourselves. I'm in a smaller Canadian city and its better. Smaller European cities blow Halifax out of the water.
Tax the drivers, get BRT and then move to LRT, and for god sakes... cut some councillors and put their salaries toward public transit. Its such a joke in Halifax, I can't believe the poor haven't started a revolution... or that the poor can afford cars still... somehow.
|